Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics (15703 Views)

CHEAP Self Con For Rent In LEKKI ( World Oil ) ... Pay 9months Only / Building Of A Septic/soakaway In 13 Days - Photos / Looking For A Cheap Self Contain In Ikeja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by unicbabe(f): 12:17pm On Feb 03, 2021
olukaygold:
I planned on building three standard self contains with top notch finishing at a minimum Budget.

Hi, morning
please i need a rough estimate of
no of blocks , cements & sands for pilling foundation.
and then to linted
and roofing
for a three bedroom flat on a half plot of land
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 12:35pm On Feb 03, 2021
Akerewe:
we r following keenly engineer, more wisdom. Pls can u help me to do a rough estimate of monetary budget for Pilling foundation of 2 bedroom flat on a land close to d stream?
Pls chat me up on WhatsApp in other not to derail this thread from its purpose. +2348162907678
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 12:35pm On Feb 03, 2021
unicbabe:

Hi, morning
please i need a rough estimate of
no of blocks , cements & sands for pilling foundation.
and then to linted
and roofing
for a three bedroom flat on a half plot of land

Pls chat me up on WhatsApp
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 12:48pm On Feb 03, 2021
Casting of the Parapet ( for the front pillars only).to save cost of wood, we'd to cast it one by one i.e when this one has dried, we'd remove and move the wood to the second pillars to cast it own parapet as well. Everything need to set before roofing.Stay tuned...

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by HypePlusIQ(m): 1:04pm On Feb 03, 2021
olukaygold:
In other to cut short the budget, we agreed to use Pre-cast linted for the doors, windows and The beams.

This is so low budget and all

I use precast too

But is this your definition of pre cast

Very poor actually

Also your budget of using 20 Bags of cement is just funny

Very

Do you mean you are using just 20 bags for the block setting

What about cement used in the foundation stage

What about cement for your lintels(pre cast)

What about cement for your columns

This is so unrealistic
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by HypePlusIQ(m): 1:05pm On Feb 03, 2021
olukaygold:
Day 7- We started laying the blocks.(1bricklayer and 1laborer) this was possible due to the German floor,all the blocks were moved to the center of the building. the ratio of the sand for 1bag of cement is 20 headpan.

Lol

O ga o
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by HypePlusIQ(m): 1:06pm On Feb 03, 2021
olukaygold:
Cooking...

So you mean to tell me there are no columns

Wow

Just perfect

Go on

I’m learning
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by HypePlusIQ(m): 1:08pm On Feb 03, 2021
rotecch77:

No body has monopoly of wisdom, we learn everyday.

Some are here to learn while some are here to correct some impressions and wrong doing.

When we see this type of building practice we need to say a little to reduce.
1; building defects
2; collapse of building
3; bad impressions toward professionals
4; save of lives and prosperities
5; unnecessary nearest future expenses
And many more.

Remember doctor can only kill only one person at a go but builder/engineer can kill a dozen of people’s at a go when building collapse .... God forbid.

We are not fighting here.
I come in peace

Thank you very much

You said it all

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by dapotemi: 1:56pm On Feb 03, 2021
We are watching you closely... I will only advice that while you're trying "cheaper" way of doing things, pls don't compromise safety.

Moreso, don't be intimidated by all this " english speaking " so called professional, we have used some of them b4, they failed woefully.

They are only interested in the money...

If you do a good job at the end, you have me as your next client. I will test you with a small project. I have saved your digit.

8 Likes

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 3:26pm On Feb 03, 2021
dapotemi:
We are watching you closely... I will only advice that while you're trying "cheaper" way of doing things, pls don't compromise safety.

Moreso, don't be intimidated by all this " english speaking " so called professional, we have used some of them b4, they failed woefully.

They are only interested in the money...

If you do a good job at the end, you have me as your next client. I will test you with a small project. I have saved your digit.
Thanks sir. Safety is our First priority.
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by Akerewe(m): 4:28pm On Feb 03, 2021
olukaygold:

Pls chat me up on WhatsApp in other not to derail this thread from its purpose. +2348162907678
ok i will
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 12:34pm On Feb 05, 2021
Before roofing the house, we're thinking of adding another two self cons to make it five self cons and roof it all together at once.
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 1:13pm On Feb 05, 2021
For the two more self cons we're adding to the fleet, we budget 800 6" blocks plus 120 9"blocks.the storex tank would be at the top of one kitchen of the building,so reason why we're using 9" to construct the exact place carrying the load(Tank) with the help of 4 pillars.
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by Godisgreatest1: 2:50pm On Feb 05, 2021
rotecch77:

We are following you that is why I see it that it’s not a professional builders approach to use such small number of cement 20 bags to achieve this.
But as a bricklayer approach its possible bcs one is a professional(Builder)while the second one is a SKILLED LABOUR ( bricklayer)

Please what's the standard number of 9" and 6" a bag of cement can mould?. Thank you.
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by lilvicky68(m): 4:47pm On Feb 05, 2021
Godisgreatest1:

Please what's the standard number of 9" and 6" a bag of cement can mould?. Thank you.

For 9 inch 20 to 25 for 6inch 35 to 37 per bag
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by Rexceedo: 7:28pm On Feb 05, 2021
lilvicky68:

For what

Am currently moulding standard @9" 34-35
6" 40.

My block strong like agege bread
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by aremuforlife(m): 2:00am On Feb 06, 2021
lilvicky68:

The moulding of your block depends on the mixer, if you have a good and experience mixer, 9'30-32 is ok while 6'42-45, I am talking from experience.
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by Akerewe(m): 5:49am On Feb 06, 2021
aremuforlife:

The moulding of your block depends on the mixer, if you have a good and experience mixer, 9'30-32 is ok while 6'42-45, I am talking from experience.
Well done good people, u all mean it's still ideal nd in vogue to mould block by oneself in this 21st century? Is it still in practice to use hand moulded block to build? Any advantage over machine mould in respect to cost saving and shapes?
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by aremuforlife(m): 9:25am On Feb 06, 2021
Akerewe:
Well done good people, u all mean it's still ideal nd in vogue to mould block by oneself in this 21st century? Is it still in practice to use hand moulded block to build? Any advantage over machine mould in respect to cost saving and shapes?
There is nothing bad moulding block in 21 st century, while are we still usjngbhand to dig the foundation, we should be using excavator for it, just because we are in 21st century.

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by Akerewe(m): 2:02pm On Feb 06, 2021
shocked embarassed undecided cry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[color=#000099][/color]
aremuforlife:

There is nothing bad moulding block in 21 st century, while are we still usjngbhand to dig the foundation, we should be using excavator for it, just because we are in 21st century.
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by kingseun: 2:45pm On Feb 06, 2021
Op what's the total cost of this project
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 5:11pm On Feb 06, 2021
kingseun:
Op what's the total cost of this project
Depends on location sir. call or text this number +2348162907678 for more enquires.
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 5:12pm On Feb 06, 2021
Adding two more self cons to the fleet.
Digging of the two self foundation

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 8:42am On Feb 08, 2021
the foundation,took us two days for the two self con with 3workers each day cos the ground is hard like olumo rock

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 8:44am On Feb 08, 2021
Today, moulding of blocks. I'll upload the pic later

Modified_pic of the block moulding.45 blocks/bag for 6" while 35blocks/bag for 9"

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 9:30am On Feb 09, 2021
Good morning, we're making preparations for the materials needed for raising the two self contains we're adding to the fleet.
Meanwhile check out the parapet we casted to conjoined the two Pillars at the front of the building

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 10:58am On Feb 10, 2021
Getting ready

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by Akerewe(m): 12:42pm On Feb 11, 2021
What are d Sand spec's for moulding this ur block cos I heard some people do use (gum sand), clay nd different mixture of sand to achieve a solid nd strong block.
Gum sand image below

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 8:00pm On Feb 11, 2021
Akerewe:
What are d Sand spec's for moulding this ur block cos I heard some people do use (gum sand), clay nd different mixture of sand to achieve a solid nd strong block.
Gum sand image below
I used only sharp sand to mould the blocks,The clay soil I added to plaster the house,I got it from the well I digged. You can only get those sand combinations in Ogun state, Lagos and some part of Ondo state.

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 8:36pm On Feb 11, 2021
Everything is Set, I used 20 bags of cements to mould the blocks,my budget is 900blocks(45×20) to complete the remaining two self contains we're adding to the fleet. And remember the Storex Tank would be at the top of the building (converting one of the kitchen to head the tank). 25bags of cement is budgeted for the Casting of the foundation,Block settings,full dpc,bricklaying, Precast and Plastering of the two self contains.Keep following
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by Akerewe(m): 10:24pm On Feb 11, 2021
olukaygold:

I used only sharp sand to mould the blocks,The clay soil I added to plaster the house,I got it from the well I digged. You can only get those sand combinations in Ogun state, Lagos and some part of Ondo state.
ok good
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by RealEzee(m): 10:54pm On Feb 11, 2021
Following

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them / Cheap Land In Asaba, Delta State For Sell / How Do I Get My Money Back From A Landlord?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.