Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa (21187 Views)

Northern Group Withdraws Quit Notice Issued To Igbos / Igboho: Falana Lambasts DSS Over "Nocturnal Coup" / Why It Will Be Difficult To Arrest Sunday Igboho – Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by Loveurneighbour: 6:19pm On Jan 28, 2021
There is wisdom in understanding
Pls my question: Why are the Igbos more interested in Sunday Igboho's issue?

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by TempleHouse: 6:20pm On Jan 28, 2021
I doubt if the elites had experienced the dastardly acts of Fulani terrorist like Chief Olu Falae !
Perhaps, they would have been more concerned than the ordinary people who are the real victims.
This legal luminary speaks with two sides of his mouth when he said RUGA cannot be operated in the SW few months ago !

1 Like

Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by adenigga(m): 6:21pm On Jan 28, 2021
lalasticlala:

https://dailypost.ng/2021/01/28/sunday-igboho-falana-condemns-quit-notice-issued-to-fulani-herdsmen-in-ibarapa/

This is a repetition.
There is a thread on this issue posted earlier today, but you guys relegated it to the background now this one is making front page.

Small time now Nigeria leaders are bad, buhari is clueless etc, see our own life now

Mynd44, lalasticlala
Do the needful!!!!
Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 28, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Femi Falana is a pussy ass niggarr

Why pussy? He is a dick hard nigger~!!
Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by KanuSE: 6:23pm On Jan 28, 2021
This APC government is very irresponsible.

Unfit for purpose.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by wink2015(m): 6:23pm On Jan 28, 2021
Nigerian activist and lawyer, Femi Falana, has faulted the quit notice issued to Fulanis Herdsmen in the Southeast by Sunday Igboho.

Falana described Igboho’s eviction order as unlawful and wrong.

Igboho, a Yoruba activist had asked all Fulanis Herdsmen in Ibarapa Local Government Area of Oyo State, to leave the community following allegations of criminal activities.

However, Falana said Fulani people have every right to live in Ibarapa land.

Speaking with BBC, the Senior Advocate cautioned against the generalisation of criminal elements.

Falana said those responsible for criminal acts should be made to face the wrath of law without an entire ethnic group being labelled criminals.

He said: “With profound respect under our laws, even a squatter cannot be ejected and that is why on a daily basis, tenants are given quit notices by landlords or owners of properties.

“So, a private citizen cannot wake up and say anybody should leave the community, you must embrace the rule of law. Nobody can do that, not even the government because section 43 of the constitution says every citizen shall have the right to own and acquire properties in any parts of the country.

“The campaign of the human rights community is that if you are born in a place, or you have lived for not less than ten years in any part of the country, you should be considered an indigene and be entitled to all the rights and privileges of the so-called indigenes of the state. So, for me, there is no way I can embrace anyone who has given quit notice to any group of people.

“We must stop the idea of criminal profiling. If anybody has committed an offence or a group of people has committed an offence, we must fish them out and have them tried under the law but you can’t wake up and say all Yoruba people, all Hausa people are criminals, all Igbo people are criminals. No, it is a fallacy of generalisation.”

https://dailypost.ng/2021/01/28/sunday-igboho-falana-condemns-quit-notice-issued-to-fulani-herdsmen-in-ibarapa/

Falana is right from the legal point of views.

But the fulani must formalise their stay in Ondo and Oyo state to prove to the state government that they are law abiding citizen.

They should also know that there is NO FREE LAND anywhere in the world.

Private individual, government ( state and federal own the land ) and the indigenous people own the land.
Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by joelbooks: 6:23pm On Jan 28, 2021
Nigerian activist and lawyer, Femi Falana, has faulted the quit notice issued to Fulanis Herdsmen in the Southeast by Sunday Igboho.

South East ke?
Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by honor4me: 6:23pm On Jan 28, 2021
Truth must be said at all times no matter how bitter

1 Like

Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by LongNipple(m): 6:27pm On Jan 28, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by TempleHouse: 6:28pm On Jan 28, 2021
This Falana ( Gbó ti è) man had been waiting for his political appointment for years !

Maybe Buhari and Fulani apologist will notice him now !!

We shall see !!!

1 Like

Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by morgstreme: 6:29pm On Jan 28, 2021
ivolt:

Unfortunately for Falana, those criminals don't own the forest. They are occupying it illegally.

I am surprised that Falana has not taken up the defense of forest bandits afterall they make millions from kidnapping
and can afford his services.

You have comprehension issues...
Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by etrouble: 6:30pm On Jan 28, 2021
Traitors die miserably

1 Like

Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by Truflexunits(m): 6:30pm On Jan 28, 2021
I totally agree with femi Falana. Tribalism and nepotism will sink these country if proper measure is not taking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by dleaf: 6:31pm On Jan 28, 2021
All we need is Peace ,Nothing much has been done about curbing Herdsmen Killing .

Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 28, 2021
sunny igboho get time to be ranting on social media oo .I wont say anything sha
Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by GoldHorse(m): 6:31pm On Jan 28, 2021
How many people will die before the so called WRATH OF THE LAW wakes up?
Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by charlesucheh(m): 6:32pm On Jan 28, 2021
hahaha!
so this FALZ papa still thinks Nigeria is a concept of an IDEAL STATE ahbi!
e go shock am!!!!!!
Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by Blackdisciple(m): 6:32pm On Jan 28, 2021
But the vampire herdsmen have the right to maim, kill, kidnap, burn houses and destroy lives and properties abi....
Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by wellsaid2: 6:33pm On Jan 28, 2021
Who knows what's right?
Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by PigTormentor: 6:35pm On Jan 28, 2021
I can't even believe that Falana had to say this for people to know what is right and what is wrong.

My conclusion is that a lot of the people that are currently occupying that place call Nigeria have hundreds of years to go before that can have basic common sense and decency. How can you lump a whole tribe into the crimes of some.
The sad part is that a lot of these people are just very myopic and can only think on one day, they are incapable of thinking of tomorrow self.
I say thus because the champions of this call will soon be at the receiving end of such notice too and you will see how they will suddenly remember the rule of law and the constitution.

Just wait and see, it will not be long. I will come back to remind them of their hypocrisy.
Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by MT: 6:35pm On Jan 28, 2021
kennieG:
I'm just disappointed

You want him to be politically correct. Falana just schooled you on the true position of the law. Don't be disappointed, it is what it is. We are governed by law, it is what separates humans from animals.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by TempleHouse: 6:36pm On Jan 28, 2021
Truflexunits:
I totally agree with femi Falana. Tribalism and nepotism will sink these country if proper measure is not taking
Already, Nepotism is already accepted as a way of life in Nigeria, afterall Buhari cabinets is 68% Fulanis in a country of 200 million.

And what about Governor who refused to accept a woman married to an indigene as Chief Judge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by IgOga(m): 6:36pm On Jan 28, 2021
Where was this clown when Fulani were raping women, killing farmers, kidnapping people, collecting millions in ransom...etc

Falana should be ashamed of himself. Later Falz will be telling us how Nigeria has problems....son dey play apc, papa dey play pdp

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by starz100: 6:39pm On Jan 28, 2021
Must Falana talk in this matter. Will following the law prevent future criminal acts by the herdsmen, will following the law bring back the lives of those who have been killed or restore the dignity of all those who were raped?
Freedom is at a cost, and all who desire it must be ready to pay the price
Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by MrNipplesLover(m): 6:40pm On Jan 28, 2021
This femi falana na bastard sha!
Ogun kill u there! angry

Make Sunday leave the Fulani case and let's see how things end.

Shebi Una no want unite and fight terrorism ni, kosi wahala.

Make Sunday forget this case.
Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by MT: 6:40pm On Jan 28, 2021
starz100:
Must Falana talk in this matter. Will following the law prevent future criminal acts by the herdsmen, will following the law bring back the lives of those who have been killed or restore the dignity of all those who were raped?
Freedom is at a cost, and all who desire it must be ready to pay the price

You pay the price by following the rules of law, not by acting like uncivilized barbarians.
Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by Chitonny: 6:41pm On Jan 28, 2021
Pls how do I report a blackmailer with his infos here pls I have all details bank info and phone nums the person he wants to blackmail is not in Nigeria she is in serielone
Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by olutoket(m): 6:42pm On Jan 28, 2021
I believed you are one of the so called idiot of the highest order, that comes from yoruba land............. It's could have been better if you can be able to control yourself, I believe that the whole of yoruba is angry seriously.
Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by GreatrAnalyst: 6:43pm On Jan 28, 2021
Your Excellency SAN,

When will those ones perpetrating evil be dealt with? And who will serve justice?

Two wrongs don't make a right, yeah. What of the first wrong perpetually not corrected?

1 Like

Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by StivoeDevoe: 6:46pm On Jan 28, 2021
Falana should go back are we using constitution in this country ? If you have a visitor and is giving you issue what do you think is the best way to handle such situations .Fulani have land in kano Sokoto katsina let them go and settled down. Imagine how they go out with arm are they the force personal? Or no constitution for civilian going out with gun
Re: Sunday Igboho: Falana Condemns Quit Notice Issued To Fulani Herdsmen In Ibarapa by Kingrefreshed: 6:47pm On Jan 28, 2021
lalasticlala:

You guys are playing with your lives. Allowing Fulani inside your forest means Death. Continue to stay in Abuja and be condemning things happening in other states

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Election: TUC Adopts Peter Obi As Presidential Candidate / Tinubu’s Full Speech At 2nd ECOWAS Extraordinary Summit On Niger Crisis / Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.