Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,093 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Undetected Sickle Celler - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Undetected Sickle Celler (72278 Views)

Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? / Nigerian Man Marries With ‘fake’ Genotype, Abandons Wife With ‘sickle Cell’ Kids / Advice Concerning : Undetected Sickle Celler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by pragmatistm(m): 11:15pm On Jan 30, 2021
udomma1005:

When everybody thinks you are stupid by deeds or words, then know that you are truly STUPID!
Do have a pleasant night!
For your information, not everyone tag along your poor reasoning here. Do yourself a favour, read up all posts on the thread.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Chinny024(f): 11:15pm On Jan 30, 2021
She knew for a long time that she was AS...That was why she was very surprise of being considered AA by the first lab test ,then she kept on checking to be sure of status..
She could be sued for the gross mishap!!
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by abbey621(m): 11:18pm On Jan 30, 2021
Has anyone noticed that stories like this are never heard of abroad? I mean with the level of genetic testing that goes on abroad surely we should have heard cases of wrong diagnosis when it comes to genotypes, makes you wonder the level of fuckery that goes on in 9ja. Medical quacks diagnosing quack patients equals quack results. 7 genotype test for wetin? Surely she knows something the OP does not

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by pragmatistm(m): 11:19pm On Jan 30, 2021
excel101:
Please explain what you just said that "the fault is from the inexperienced personnel" from 4 different labs, and also how did you know that the the said woman is upright.
Did you read the comment from student of truth:

It is possible the woman is AA, but is most likely is a beta thalassemia carrier, which most Nigerian labs don't test for!

The child inherited a HbS gene from the father and a beta thalassemia gene from the mother.

Here's what is likely going on in the child:

The thalassemic Hb gene from the mother cannot produce any reasonable hemoglobin.
The HbS gene from the father produces sickled hemoglobin.

The end result is the child having sickled hemoglobin in his/her blood, which Nigerian labs would tag SS.

That's answers you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by bolousadex: 11:22pm On Jan 30, 2021
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by udomma1005(m): 11:23pm On Jan 30, 2021
pragmatistm:
For your information, not everyone tag along your poor reasoning here. Do yourself a favour, read up all posts on the thread.
Stc 30 seller with poor grammatical command grin
Go sell your herbals, don't come on social media platforms to show case your attainments, the sane ones will ridicule you to the roof. I lifted this from your post last December, you dey see your stupid life?

Re: Sicke Cell Solution by pragmatistm(m): 8:45pm On Dec 07, 2020
Many are still reaping from the goodness of the STC30

imaging a 77year old woman who took this therapy and got tested in the hospital.
The doctor could not believe the results. He exclaimed, this woman has all organs renewed as if she was 35 years old.
Such is the goodness of the STC30 therapy.

DM for more information
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Slurity(m): 11:25pm On Jan 30, 2021
pragmatistm:
Good day family people. Please what can you do in this case?

My neighbour's second child, 5 year old girl that used to fall sick often was just recently confirmed sickle celler much to the surprise of the parents and all of us. But that is not even the issue.

The real issue is that the parents tested to know their genotype before marriage and the father was known to be AS and the mother AA. The woman went to 5 different hospitals and laboratories, government and private, to confim her genotype before committing to marriage with the man. After their marriage and during her two antenatal in the hospital, she tested her blood each time again and her genotype was still confirmed AA. Now suddenly when her daughter was fallen sick often she requested for genotype test for the daughter and it was confirmed she was SS. That made the doctor to ask the mother to go for genotype test again and it turned out as AS.

Please how do you explain this family people and doctors in the house? What do you do to those that conducted the 7 previous tests both in government and private hospitals?
As a psychologist I will tell you that, the purpose of doing the test 7 different type in different hospital is because, she knew she is supposed to be AS and not AA. she did fake test then

2 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Trogge: 11:28pm On Jan 30, 2021
Some people go to church with SS and come out with AA.
I think we should ask the husband. What happened. I think his blood is dominant.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by edoairways: 11:28pm On Jan 30, 2021
Gweedorian:
It could be the Phenomenon of Chimerism.
That's the beauty of science and the Universe. There are always exceptions or outliers to every common phenomenon or law. Its not always infidelity or switch of child.
I bet you , if it was Europe or America, some reasonable scientist will sit down and start investigating that woman's ovary and her husband's testes/semen. A new interesting discovery or field ill pop up and then they are one step ahead of all other races.
But the case of some Nigerians, they leave it for God
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by MyAmericandream(f): 11:32pm On Jan 30, 2021
Acidosis:

There's a loophole in your write-up bro. The level of certainty you have displayed on the thread is too high to believe the lady is your neighbour. You don't even know her until she moved in with her husband, your neighbour, so where's the confidence coming from?

My point is you barely know this woman. Stop being too confident okay?

It's even possible that the husband is also aware of her AS status before marriage. They got married with the hope of raising AS/AA children. Some couples who got blinded with love took this risk. Since their plan turned out this way, of course, they needed to come up with a story so the world won't blame them.

That being said, you should speak with a medical practitioner if your assertions are correct.
don’t you know that woman is ops wife? Neighbor my azzz!

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by MOTIONTECH(m): 11:36pm On Jan 30, 2021
DNA tesT should be carried out ASAP. If not he AA ness should be duly investigated, i remember a case on nairaland like this when the woman was AA on normal test but upon further investigation she was discovered to be AS or something like that
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by pragmatistm(m): 11:36pm On Jan 30, 2021
edoairways:

But the case of some Nigerians, they leave it for God

My brother, not that they leave it for God, they will castigate the woman immediately as evil person. They will call you stupid for not even thinking along their line. They will even say you are the husband.
Meanwhile those ones are usually not married, neither do they work in medical field. Just hiding behind their keypad to type out their ignoramus.

One reason Africa is backwards.

No deep analytical reasoning for many.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 30, 2021
pragmatistm:

My neighbour's second child, 5 year old girl that used to fall sick often was just recently confirmed sickle celler much to the surprise of the parents and all of us. But that is not even the issue.

The real issue is that the parents tested to know their genotype before marriage and the father was known to be AS and the mother AA. The woman went to 5 different hospitals and laboratories, government and private, to confim her genotype before committing to marriage with the man. After their marriage and during her two antenatal in the hospital, she tested her blood each time again and her genotype was still confirmed AA. Now suddenly when her daughter was fallen sick often she requested for genotype test for the daughter and it was confirmed she was SS. That made the doctor to ask the mother to go for genotype test again and it turned out as AS.

Please how do you explain this family people and doctors in the house? What do you do to those that conducted the 7 previous tests both in government and private hospitals?

It's either she knew she was an AS,but was just lying and coming up with fake results to prove that she is an AA or the child isn't theirs.Well they should run a DNA to confirm if the child is truly theirs..
Besides,the likelihood of getting wrong results after making 4 different genotype test at different kinda hospital is very small not to talk of 7 different times at different places.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by udomma1005(m): 11:40pm On Jan 30, 2021
Stupid scammer like you who claims to have a cure for sickle cell with the poison Stc. You think everyone is as stupid as you are? Go ahead now and discuss how your herbal Stc works in curing a 77 year old to 35 years.
If devil no punish you, e nor go better for you grin

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by iamdapsyj(m): 11:44pm On Jan 30, 2021
Acidosis:

There's a loophole in your write-up bro. The level of certainty you have displayed on the thread is too high to believe the lady is your neighbour. You don't even know her until she moved in with her husband, your neighbour, so where's the confidence coming from?

It's even possible that the husband is also aware of her AS status before marriage. They got married with the hope of raising AS/AA children. Some couples who got blinded with love took this risk. Since their plan turned out this way, of course, they needed to come up with a story so the world won't blame them.

That being said, you should speak with a medical practitioner if your assertions are correct.

Please stop trading words with the op. They know what is going on already. From what she typed up there, I can categorically say that the woman knew what was going on but she was a true Christian praying and hoping her AS status changes to AA. Hence, the reason for the many test been carried out.

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by udomma1005(m): 11:45pm On Jan 30, 2021
pragmatistm:

My brother, not that they leave it for God, they castigate the woman immediately. They call you stupid for not even thinking along their line. They will even say you are the husband. One reason Africa is backwards.

No deep analytical reasoning for many.
Shut the bleep up scammer!
Tell him you sell sickle cell herbal stuff called STC.....30! You are a bastard to have disrespected the people who refuse to be as foolish as you are!
Tell us about the drug STC grin

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Gokoyer0(m): 11:45pm On Jan 30, 2021
All my siblings including me are all AA and only one among us used to fall sick.

Don't mind the guy.
JovialJune:

Abeg we don't fall sick, where did you hear that from, I've not used any drugs or injection in years and I'm AA.

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Altimatic27: 11:49pm On Jan 30, 2021
This is a smart person talking quote author=Acidosis post=98589851]

That being said, you should speak with a medical practitioner if your assertions are correct.[/quote]
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Dameland: 11:51pm On Jan 30, 2021
I know what happened there!

She did the test 7 times because test 1-6 all stated she is AS.
She was looking for an error in the code and she found it in the 7th test (after much prayer and fasting) . Then she boldly said I am now AA and rushed off and went to marry the guy.

Now, see the result? undecided

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by udomma1005(m): 11:53pm On Jan 30, 2021
grin tongue
Sickle cell solution!
Can you imagine this slowpoke?
You cure sickle cell?
You should have been aborted grin

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by descarado: 11:55pm On Jan 30, 2021
That lady is AC. An AC lady with an AS man will give birth to SS. The problem is Nigerian schools don't teach all the genotypes. U will hardly see a Nigerian lab no matter how highly equipped come out with AC result.
Pathetic

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Gokoyer0(m): 11:55pm On Jan 30, 2021
You are close.
I got it somewhere. The price is between 7m to 10m naira in Nigeria. I fit chop ban if I put the link here grin
SIRTee15:
No need for all this salaye....
They now have a sickle cell child on their hand...and that's what count now.
Good news.... it's no longer a death sentence or a life of crisis.
Tell the parents to start saving money for Stem cell transplant. Its around 5 to 10 million naira. It could be cheaper in nigeria, I'm not sure.
Good luck.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by descarado: 12:03am On Jan 31, 2021
I will never blame anybody. Never learnt that we have more than 3 genotype in Nigerian uni anyway so the ignorance is excused. But wouldn't excuse our medical
There are 6 diff genotypes in the human body.
AA
AS
SS
SC
AC
CC.

Internet is meant for research and educational purposes too lipsrsealed
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by tayyibb(m): 12:04am On Jan 31, 2021
pragmatistm:

It is possible the woman is AA, but is most likely is a beta thalassemia carrier, which most Nigerian labs don't test for!

The child inherited a HbS gene from the father and a beta thalassemia gene from the mother.

The thalassemic Hb gene from the mother cannot produce any reasonable hemoglobin.

The end result is the child having sickled hemoglobin in his/her blood, which Nigerian labs would tag SS.

That's answers you.
Exactly
There was a similar case a professor in haematology narrated to us, it almost tore the family apart until it was discovered the the child had Beta thalassemia.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by doctorgold(m): 12:05am On Jan 31, 2021
NoToPile:

Considering how mistakes happen here, its not out of place.

It's really out of place if you ask me.
I had to break a relationship of 7 yrs when I discovered she was AS and she had known 2 years before i found out.
My eventual wife just had to do one test to confirm to me that she is AA and of course, we had to go to the diagnostics centre together.
I think she was aware of her AS status all along.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by nonut: 12:06am On Jan 31, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Didn't see that. Oh well, they should know they both contributed to it. Both parents gave the gene. Both are responsible. Even the man could actually be SS.
Stop trying to be smart by half.
Even if the man is SS, the woman already claimed she's AA.
That means, they can marry comfortably.
But she lied, and she's trying so hard to cover up.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by zakkxx: 12:20am On Jan 31, 2021
Na lie the woman do arrangee gynotype. she is AS
pragmatistm:

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by descarado: 12:21am On Jan 31, 2021
:
AA + AA = AA, AA, AA, AA (Excellent)
AA + AS = AA, AS, AA, AS, (Good)
AA + SS = AS, AS, AS, AS, (Fair)
AA + AC = AA, AA, AA, AC. (Good)
AS + AS = AA, AS, AS, SS, (Very Bad)
AS + SS = AS, SS, SS, SS, (Very Bad)
AS + AC = AA, AC, AS,SS. (Bad; Advice needed)
SS + SS = SS, SS, SS, SS, (Very Bad)
AC + SS = AS, AS, SS, SS, (Very Bad)
AC + AC = AA, AC, AC, SS. ( Bad; Advice needed)

You guys should study this and be enlightened pls.

These are the genotypes we have. AC is rare and often grouped as AA in Nigerian labs.
So according to Nigerian lab, you may be AA married to AA and still birth SS.
Why?
Cos, We always lump AA and AC together when they should be identified and separate.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Exodora: 12:23am On Jan 31, 2021
Wonder the use of the genotype sef.
In 2011, I ran a genotype test and the doctor told me it was AA though he didn't give me any copy .
So in 2020 I decide to ran another test in other to have a copy of it , low and behold am AS , wonder what would have been my fate had I gotten married to an AS .
I still don't believe am AS cause right from childhood I hardly fall sick even when am sick i still move about without taking any drug yet I will be strong .
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Topmaike007(m): 12:24am On Jan 31, 2021
Winneygirl:
As she is not the one making the post, there must be something we don't know yet.

Most people don't do genotype testing 7 times.
If you're AA, you do maybe one confirmatory test before marriage, that's all.

Why was she running up and down doing genotype test?
It is because she knew she was AS long ago.
sense won't kill you wink
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Nobody: 12:31am On Jan 31, 2021
pragmatistm:

That's answers you.
Fake story.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 31, 2021
udomma1005:
Stupid scammer like you who claims to have a cure for sickle cell with the poison Stc. You think everyone is as stupid as you are? Go ahead now and discuss how your herbal Stc works in curing a 77 year old to 35 years.
If devil no punish you, e nor go better for you grin
Just checked his profile now. Seems this story is fake and a ruse to sell his meds. Stc30 DOESN'T cure Sickle Cell people! Don't be scammed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

Newly Married Lady Got Stuck In Sex With Another Man In School Caught By Husband / American Woman's Father Accepts Her Nigerian Husband Finally / My Wife Is Not Interested In Sex Anymore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.