Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,586 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Undetected Sickle Celler - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Undetected Sickle Celler (72184 Views)

Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? / Nigerian Man Marries With ‘fake’ Genotype, Abandons Wife With ‘sickle Cell’ Kids / Advice Concerning : Undetected Sickle Celler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by OgaTheTop2: 12:34am On Jan 31, 2021
Winneygirl:
As she is not the one making the post, there must be something we don't know yet.

Most people don't do genotype testing 7 times.
If you're AA, you do maybe one confirmatory test before marriage, that's all.

Why was she running up and down doing genotype test?
It is because she knew she was AS long ago
Exactly.. Guilty conscience.cheesy
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Verysmart101: 12:36am On Jan 31, 2021
pragmatistm:

I tell you, she is a very upright person but the fault is with the inexperienced personnels in the various labs.

I need the medical persons to come and say something on this matter. I have just learned that to detect certain AS genotype used to be problematic in the laboratories. Please medical people, over to you.

Mr man stop being shallow minded joor.How can 7 different health centers make the same mistake? 7!!!!!
Jeez whether u like to accept it or not,that woman is so wicked period.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Verysmart101: 12:38am On Jan 31, 2021
pragmatistm:
You need to hear from laboratory practitioners before you jump into conclusions and castigate an innocent person OK. My wife is a laboratory practitioner and informed me how tedious it used to be with certain AS blood sample and how it always show as AA.

Besides, I reported that even twice during antenatal in a government hospital, her results came as AA. So is it her fault?
Stop justifying nonsense joor.Her parents also know their genotype so wats confusing there?
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Verysmart101: 12:44am On Jan 31, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Must the blame always lie with the woman? What is the genotype of the husband? It's obvious he lied because he knows how everyone will turn eyes on the woman.

Then y did the doctor ask her to re-do hers since she claims she was AA all this while only to find out now that she's AS.wat concerns the man here now eeeehhh.Bitter women like you.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Verysmart101: 12:46am On Jan 31, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:
Most lab scientist are very incompetent bastards. Don't ever give them a clue when going for a test. If you are gisting with them and mistakenly reveal what you think your blood group is like, that is the blood group you will see there, they won't test anything. Same way if you're sick but look healthy, the test won't reveal anything.

Oga keep quiet joor.Ur talking absolute nonsense.So 7 different health centres are scam baaaa.Sharap ur mouth there
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by AuroraB(f): 12:49am On Jan 31, 2021
Winneygirl:
As she is not the one making the post, there must be something we don't know yet.

Most people don't do genotype testing 7 times.
If you're AA, you do maybe one confirmatory test before marriage, that's all.

Why was she running up and down doing genotype test?
It is because she knew she was AS long ago.
... she certainly knew 100%. A very desperate chick, she is.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by mysteryman2014: 12:51am On Jan 31, 2021
Sorry for the gods. The woman must salaye. The woman obviously in her desperation to be married was not forthright in claim that she was AA, that is if it is confirmed that the husband is factually AS
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Verysmart101: 12:54am On Jan 31, 2021
emrain:

A lot of amateurs running medical centers in the country. I'm not surprised.

I just pity the poor child brought to this world to suffer.

So all the 7 hospitals are amateurs right? I thought u were grown up honestly but am highly disappointed at ur mental stagnation honestly.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by mysteryman2014: 12:58am On Jan 31, 2021
pragmatistm:
I want to thank you for this intelligent post. That's exactly what happened before she committed to her fiance. Her husband confirmed it this afternoon.

And voila after one test gbam she turned AS, abeg stop fooling yourself, the woman knew her genotype but desperation pushed her to take a gamble.

Now she has played Russian Roulette with the life of the child.

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Verysmart101: 12:58am On Jan 31, 2021
slimanyd:

Bro. It's possible o . I did Hyperthetis test times to ascertain my Status . Two different private lab said am positive , While I had to go to a federal hospital to ascertain there claim and lo, I was negative ,I did another one again , same negative , Even did a more stringent test ,Same negative , Imagine , the fear I was carrying up and down during those period. ,So, the curiosity behind all these fake labs can lead to people making mistakes.
.u said two labs were wrong but was the third trial wrong too?
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Caaz: 1:04am On Jan 31, 2021
pragmatistm:
Not at all. She's her child. The girl even resembles her grandmother well.
noted
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Verysmart101: 1:04am On Jan 31, 2021
confidential20:
All these ones up there blaming the woman, you need to stop that. The OP is right. I work in a military hospital and I can categorically tell you that the scenario the OP posted happens here too. It is not only common to Genotype test. Also, it is not an issue of a mistake from the lab scientists as well.

So all 7 health centers are fake baaa? Answer me since u cant think straight at all
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Verysmart101: 1:07am On Jan 31, 2021
Viking007:
You might want to confirm your genotype or you're just extremely lucky. I am AA and I fall sick like every 6 months.
Then a lot of things is absolutey wrong with u.u might have std who knows cos me i havnt fallen sick since 2yrs honestly
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by BluntCrazeMan: 1:17am On Jan 31, 2021
pragmatistm:

I tell you, she is a very upright person but the fault is with the inexperienced personnels in the various labs.

I need the medical persons to come and say something on this matter. I have just learned that to detect certain AS genotype used to be problematic in the laboratories. Please medical people, over to you.
Seven Tests Confirmed her as AA..
Now, just one test came out as AS, and you condemned all other seven tests??
Mista-man, go back and conduct six more tests to counter-balance the equation.

2 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by BluntCrazeMan: 1:20am On Jan 31, 2021
Acidosis:

There's a loophole in your write-up bro. The level of certainty you have displayed on the thread is too high to believe the lady is your neighbour. You don't even know her until she moved in with her husband, your neighbour, so where's the confidence coming from?

My point is you barely know this woman. Stop being too confident okay?

It's even possible that the husband is also aware of her AS status before marriage. They got married with the hope of raising AS/AA children. Some couples who got blinded with love took this risk. Since their plan turned out this way, of course, they needed to come up with a story so the world won't blame them.

That being said, you should speak with a medical practitioner if your assertions are correct.
The neighbour is actually the guy himself..
We all know..
But let us get to the root of the matter first.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by iruocious: 1:34am On Jan 31, 2021
Normally, when you do a genotype test and it's AS you're tempted to repeat testing until you're very sure (even hoping it would change), but when you're AA, you're relaxed and a second test gives you all the confidence that you need.
In this case, the husband and wife seem to have switched places. He's relaxed with his AS and she's jumping from lab to lab for her AA. Hmmm, something is definitely not right.
I think she's scared of taking the blame hence the plenty story. Let her own up and try to speak with the husband cause the journey ahead is not easy and it takes a lot of courage and the Grace of God to pull through.

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by selfemployed(m): 1:45am On Jan 31, 2021
pragmatistm:
Good day family people. Please what can you do in this case?

My neighbour's second child, 5 year old girl that used to fall sick often was just recently confirmed sickle celler much to the surprise of the parents and all of us. But that is not even the issue.

The real issue is that the parents tested to know their genotype before marriage and the father was known to be AS and the mother AA. The woman went to 5 different hospitals and laboratories, government and private, to confim her genotype before committing to marriage with the man. After their marriage and during her two antenatal in the hospital, she tested her blood each time again and her genotype was still confirmed AA. Now suddenly when her daughter was fallen sick often she requested for genotype test for the daughter and it was confirmed she was SS. That made the doctor to ask the mother to go for genotype test again and it turned out as AS.

Please how do you explain this family people and doctors in the house? What do you do to those that conducted the 7 previous tests both in government and private hospitals?

Sickle cell has a solution

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by iruocious: 1:47am On Jan 31, 2021
Just checked. So you came up with a story just to sell your products alongside your partners in crime. Shame on you. Criminal minded businesses don't stand the test of time in case you don't know. Smh.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Xantel(f): 2:05am On Jan 31, 2021
Woman! Is alright
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by DedeNkem: 2:45am On Jan 31, 2021
pragmatistm:
Good day family people. Please what can you do in this case?

My neighbour's second child, 5 year old girl that used to fall sick often was just recently confirmed sickle celler much to the surprise of the parents and all of us. But that is not even the issue.

The real issue is that the parents tested to know their genotype before marriage and the father was known to be AS and the mother AA. The woman went to 5 different hospitals and laboratories, government and private, to confim her genotype before committing to marriage with the man. After their marriage and during her two antenatal in the hospital, she tested her blood each time again and her genotype was still confirmed AA. Now suddenly when her daughter was fallen sick often she requested for genotype test for the daughter and it was confirmed she was SS. That made the doctor to ask the mother to go for genotype test again and it turned out as AS.

Please how do you explain this family people and doctors in the house? What do you do to those that conducted the 7 previous tests both in government and private hospitals?

See the bolded area above. I think the woman lied about going 5 hospitals and labs because genotype test is one of the easiest tests in Nigeria!

She lied in order to get married and now her selfish deed has come back to haunt her. She's pretended to be surprised, and she knew what she did!

I only feel bad for that poor child and her husband she lied to!

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by tit(f): 2:59am On Jan 31, 2021
Na like dis one hospital come talk say I be AS!
Me wey be confirm AA.
I come voke for the doctor,
Curse am well well.
Na him he say make I come back tomorrow.
By that tomorrow him done change the report back to AA.

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by nervorum: 3:55am On Jan 31, 2021
Ishilove:

And all the 7 tests confirmed she was AA prior to the child's diagnosis, but after diagnosis the result turns to AS? How very convenient

It must be a big miracle.

If its a miracle for AS and SS to become AA then it must be a miracle that an AA somebody became AS
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Lancelott(m): 3:55am On Jan 31, 2021
This is very convenient. 7 tests "out of curiosity"?? She's holding out sensitive information. Let's be logical;
- Who selected the hospitals for the tests?
- Did she know anyone at those hospitals?
- Did she go alone?
- Where is her previous blood test results at birth/infancy??
- Have you gone back to those clinics (as well as others), for testing after the AS declaration??
- Most importantly, whose idea was it to get tested 7 times??

Answer these and you have the dots connecting. I'm suspecting the husband wrote this post out of genuine concern, so I'll say this; as a scientist, I'll tell you that what happened is ludicrous and downright suspicious. Investigate without emotion and don't be fooled into a compromise before you get to the bottom of things. Spouses who seemed trustworthy have sent innocent people to their ruin. Be wise!

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by johhnnie(m): 4:04am On Jan 31, 2021
selfemployed:

Sickle cell has a solution

Bone marrow transplant!
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by baddosky1: 4:08am On Jan 31, 2021
[s]
BRATISLAVA:

In all your analysis, you've never asked what the husbands genotype is. What if he's actually SS?
[/s]

Stop talking nonsense please!
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by baddosky1: 4:10am On Jan 31, 2021
[s]
BRATISLAVA:

Didn't see that. Oh well, they should know they both contributed to it. Both parents gave the gene. Both are responsible. Even the man could actually be SS.
[/s]

Even after being told the man is AS, you are still talking nonsense...I repeat...Keep quiet if you don't know what to say rather than saying NONSENSE!
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Nobody: 4:12am On Jan 31, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

It's not impossible. He could be SS. With all the details, it's likely his wife. He is not being sincere somewhere in this story. Is the child really his?
but why did her own genotype suddenly change to AS now. Something she claim to have done 7 different times at 7 different labs both government and private and it was all AA then viola now she's immediately AS. Do the math, you don't have to be a detective to solve this puzzle.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Nobody: 4:16am On Jan 31, 2021
slimanyd:

Bro. It's possible o . I did Hyperthetis test times to ascertain my Status . Two different private lab said am positive , While I had to go to a federal hospital to ascertain there claim and lo, I was negative ,I did another one again , same negative , Even did a more stringent test ,Same negative , Imagine , the fear I was carrying up and down during those period. ,So, the curiosity behind all these fake labs can lead to people making mistakes.
But you had a different result after the second test which made you to do more to confirm. Would you have done more if the 3rd and probably 4th came out positive too? Do the math
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Evilgenuis: 4:28am On Jan 31, 2021
pragmatistm:

Oga I am a medical lab scientist and a good one at that, there is no way In this world that 7 laboratory facilities will be wrong for just a Genotype test... How difficult is a genotype test?
I do see them plenty at my facility...there was this girl I gave out her result as AS she was pleading with money for me to print out two result , when I refused she squeezed the result into her hand bag... I am sure the guy will not get an honest report.
Ask your sis abi neighbour well before you come and blame professionals angry angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by lavenderjade(m): 4:31am On Jan 31, 2021
Winneygirl:

1,2,3, maybe 4 times might be considered being cautious.
But 5,6,7 times seems out of place to me.
We don't know her family history. We don't know if she has a sickle cell sibling.

Something made her jittery enough to keep running the test even after marriage.
That is the missing piece of information.

She was AS all along. She was just hiding the real test from the husband. 7 times to test genotype..... See this kind lie sef. Women....
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by lavenderjade(m): 4:32am On Jan 31, 2021
Ishilove:

The woman has not yet told us how that child turned out to be SS. I put it to you that she was always AS and she knew, but maybe desperation pushed her into lying to her husband about her genotype. How can she consistently do tests over a number of years and the result is always AA, but this one time when the child is confirmed to have sickle cell anemia, she does another test and voila, she is AS. Just one time.

She is a liar and a very terrible person. Now she has brought an innocent child to suffer

Yes o.. Very wicked liar.. Even the devil will shake his head

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child / “If You Fight My Side Chick, I Will Upgrade Her To Wife” - Nigerian Man. / I Am Cancelling All Marriage Plans Because Of What My Girlfriend Did To My Niece

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.