Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,019 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Jesus Is The Only Way - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Is The Only Way (1835 Views)

Facts in Koran Muslim, Jesus Is Your God, And He Is Your Only Way To Escape Hell / If Jesus Is The Only Way To Heaven, Can Muslim Ever Make Heaven / Is Being A Worker In Church The Only Way To Serve God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Is The Only Way by favyjane(f): 1:24pm On Apr 05, 2011
Fellow nairalanders!!!
Give your lives to Christ Jesus if you have not.
He is the only way to GOD

No one knows what might happen the next minute
Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by Jenwitemi(m): 2:09pm On Apr 05, 2011
You mean to say that people should give their lives to a pastor/church, no? You can't give your life to a man(Jesus) who does not exist in today's reality. But you can waste your life away by giving it to the churches of pastors(which do exist) to mess with. Na ya problem be dat.
Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:40pm On Apr 05, 2011
Jesus, the Only Way!

Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by Jenwitemi(m): 4:38pm On Apr 05, 2011
The CHURCH is the only way! Your Pastor is the only way! His church is the only way! cheesy
Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by bonetalk(m): 10:29am On Apr 07, 2011
@jenwitemi, u are in total darkness! u need to be enlightened, if u are joking with all what u are saying is better 4 u 2 change b4 it's too late 4 u.
Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by dare2think: 11:45am On Apr 07, 2011
what about people that died before jesus? what was the way for them?
what about the other billions around the world that have not heard about jesus, when they die, what is the way for the?
muslims,buddist, catholics, jews, and so on, what is the way for them?
do you speak for christians only, or do you speak for humanity?

undecided
Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by Jenwitemi(m): 12:13pm On Apr 07, 2011
Really?! shocked How come i can see what u can't if i am in the dark, o enlightened one? Care to enlighten me?
GBENGA_bonetalk:

@jenwitemi, u are in total darkness!

Actually, i am not joking. It is an accurate depiction of what the christian religion is. A personality worshiping cult. You better shine ya eyes before it is too late for you, o enlightened one. smiley
GBENGA_bonetalk:

@jenwitemi,  if u are joking with all what u are saying is better 4 u 2 change b4 it's too late 4 u.
Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by Enigma(m): 1:26pm On Apr 07, 2011
Jenwitemi:

. . .
Actually, i am not joking. It is an accurate depiction of what the christian religion is. A personality worshiping cult. You better shine ya eyes before it is too late for you, o enlightened one. smiley

This kind of statement should normally be ignored; but, contrary to my better judgment, here is a question: do you not want to reconsider/qualify that statement --- as not doing so risks opening you legitimately to a charge of ignorance or dishonesty?
Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:43pm On Apr 07, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus, the Only Way!

OLAADEGBU grin Seriously I am starting to think you draw this comic strips yourself, the way you have one for every scenario is freaking me out grin
Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by Jenwitemi(m): 2:24pm On Apr 07, 2011
No. Why should i retract an accurate statement? Christianity is a personality worshiping cult. Take a closer look at it and you will see it instantly.

Correct me if i'm wrong; the christians worship the personality of the figure of Jesus Christ, no?  As a matter of fact, the status of Jesus is far more important to an average christian than what Jesus actually taught. His charisma, his status, his divinity. . . all this are much more important to the christian religion than any spiritual teachings Jesus has ever taught.

Now, how long does it take to transfer this personality worship to real live pastors who are supposed to be the "embodiment" of christ on earth? It does not take very long at all. It is just a small step.
Enigma:

This kind of statement should normally be ignored; but, contrary to my better judgment, here is a question: do you not want to reconsider/qualify that statement --- as not doing so risks opening you legitimately to a charge of ignorance or dishonesty?
Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:46pm On Apr 07, 2011
Jenwitemi:

No. Why should i retract an accurate statement? Christianity is a personality worshiping cult. Take a closer look at it and you will see it instantly.

Correct me if i'm wrong; the christians worship the personality of the figure of Jesus Christ, no?  As a matter of fact, the status of Jesus is far more important to an average christian than what Jesus actually taught. His charisma, his status, his divinity. . . all this are much more important to the christian religion than any spiritual teachings Jesus has ever taught.

Now, how long does it take to transfer this personality worship to real live pastors who are supposed to be the "embodiment" of christ on earth? It does not take very long at all. It is just a small step.

Jemwiwi  grin I think that is a common failing with humans to do more than necessary, to make a mountain out of a mole-hill. There are Universal truths in Christianity as with other religions, you just have to shine ya eyes past the blubber of human mis-interpretation and literal embellishment.
Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by Ymodulus: 3:52pm On Apr 07, 2011
favyjane:

Fellow nairalanders!!!
Give your lives to Christ Jesus if you have not.
He is the only way to GOD

No one knows what might happen the next minute
to the first boded, do u give ur life to christ or God?
stop telling people lies, will your jesus come and destroy the world the next day? if so am waiting o
Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:59pm On Apr 07, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

Jemwiwi  grin I think that is a common failing with humans to do more than necessary, to make a mountain out of a mole-hill. There are Universal truths in Christianity as with other religions, you just have to shine ya eyes past the blubber of human mis-interpretation and literal embellishment.

Talking about moles and darkness.  The moment the mole comes out of its hole is the time it will see the light of the day. wink

Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:13am On Apr 08, 2011
dare2think:

what about people that died before jesus? what was the way for them?
what about the other billions around the world that have not heard about jesus, when they die, what is the way for the?
muslims,buddist, catholics, jews, and so on, what is the way for them?
do you speak for christians only, or do you speak for humanity?
undecided

No one will go to hell because they haven't heard of Jesus Christ. They will only go to hell for sins such as murder, rape, adultery, lust, theft, lying, homosexuality etc. Sin is not failing to hear about Jesus but rather is the transgression of the law (1 John 3:4).
Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by dare2think: 12:59pm On Apr 08, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

No one will go to hell because they haven't heard of Jesus Christ. They will only go to hell for sins such as murder, violation, adultery, lust, theft, lying, homosexuality etc. Sin is not failing to hear about Jesus but rather is the transgression of the law (1 John 3:4).
good. But back to the op's assertion. Is Jesus the only way then?
Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:21pm On Apr 08, 2011
dare2think:

good. But back to the op's assertion. Is Jesus the only way then?

Yes. 

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is no other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." -- Acts 4:12

This is one of the clearest statements that can be found anywhere setting forth the one way of salvation.  Only Jesus Christ can save, for He both created and sustains all things.  He Himself has made this plain in John 14:6 when He said:

"I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me."

As offensive as such a truth may be to non-Christians, we must continually make it clear in our witness to them, for without Christ they are lost and bound for hell. It was Paige Patterson who said this when commenting on the passage above:

"It comes down to a question of truth.  Every false religious expression is a religion of darkness.  That doesn't mean there are no good things in that faith.  But if Jesus is to be taken seriously when He says, 'No one comes to the Father but through Me', every other proposal is one of darkness."
Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by dare2think: 1:51pm On Apr 08, 2011
@olaagbedu

you give contradiction a new meaning.
1st you say
OLAADEGBU:

No one will go to hell because they haven't heard of Jesus Christ. They will only go to hell for sins such as murder, violation, adultery, lust, theft, lying, homosexuality etc. Sin is not failing to hear about Jesus but rather is the transgression of the law (1 John 3:4).

then you say Jesus is the only way. Are you confused?
Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2011
dare2think:

@olaagbedu

you give contradiction a new meaning.
1st you say
then you say Jesus is the only way. Are you confused?

No, I am not confused.  You just have a problem processing what I said.  You do not go to hell because you did not hear the gospel you go to hell because you are jumping through the air of more than 3,000 feet without putting on a parachute!  It is not rocket science if you break the law of gravity you will expect to crash land.  When you break the law of God and don't have Christ to break your fall you know what will happen.  If you are not breaking any laws you don't need any parachute or Jesus Christ.  Anyone breaking the Law of God cannot give the excuse that he did not hear about Jesus Christ because ignorance is not an excuse. If anyone ends up in hell it is because they have broken the law of God just as the person who breaks the law of gravity.  This is the reason why Christians should do their best to warn sinners out there that they need to put on Jesus Christ so as to be saved.
Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by Image123(m): 2:27pm On Apr 08, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

OLAADEGBU grin Seriously I am starting to think you draw this comic strips yourself, the way you have one for every scenario is freaking me out grin
hahahaha, very funny
Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by dare2think: 2:33pm On Apr 08, 2011
@Olaagbedu

dude you are one confused person. You keep contradicting yourself. Please read your post again.
You said "  If you are not breaking any laws you don't need any parachute or Jesus Christ".

Yet you say jesus is the only way.

Then you say "Anyone breaking the Law of God cannot give the excuse that he did not hear about Jesus Christ because ignorance is not an excuse"

the last statement makes no sense. What about people around the world that have not heard Christ or have another devoted religion what is the way for them.

Please expose yourself more on the diversity of the world. Your views are so myopic and Borders on the fringes of ignorance.
Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:36pm On Apr 08, 2011
@dare2think or whatever multiple ID you choose to use,

If anyone ends up in hell it is because they have broken the law of God just as the person who breaks the law of gravity and fails to use a parachute to break his fall. Ignorance is not an excuse in the court of law.
Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by dare2think: 2:45pm On Apr 08, 2011
Pls don't be frustrated. You still have not cleared your contradiction, so pls divert yourself back to the topic at hand.

How is Jesus the only way?
What happens to those that dies without hearing about Christ?
Who are you to judge the path that leads to heaven or hell.

My dear friend. I'm dare2think , I have no multiple id ( since dont need one to proVe my points).So pls answer my valid questions " holy one"
Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by dare2think: 2:52pm On Apr 08, 2011
Or do you need your pastor's help?  undecided

since most of you guys find it hard to think for yourselves.
Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by Image123(m): 3:11pm On Apr 08, 2011
Why are you asking him about 'what happens to those that die without hearing about Christ' and in the same breath asking 'who are you to judge'?
Na wa o
Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by dare2think: 3:29pm On Apr 08, 2011
Please read Or try to understand the context of our discussion before jumping to conclusions?

To answer you; I am asking him questions Based on his own assertions.
Or can you answer the questions for him?
Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by Image123(m): 3:52pm On Apr 08, 2011
The context is that you're trying to entangle him in his talk. You're saying judge not and then asking him to.
Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:56pm On Apr 08, 2011
dare2think:

What happens to those that dies without hearing about Christ?
Who are you to judge the path that leads to heaven or hell.

Am sorry to take forgranted that you have basic knowledge of Biblical principles. I will rather leave you with Paul's letter to the evolutionists of his day and see whether you can make any sense out of it:

"For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law. (For not the hearer of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. For the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law to themselves: Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one anotherwink" Romans 2:12-15.
Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by benodic: 4:15pm On Apr 08, 2011
@ dare2think

welcome to religious bigotry 101. christianity claims that Jesus is the only way to God and all others are bound for hell, moslems claim that theirs too is the final word and all others are slated for destruction. these issues used to make me wonder whether God who is supposedly almighty and all knowing is really silly or is it man in his own myopism is the one that is silly.

this is the reason why i always emphasize that you must make the same journey that these past masters made and get to know the supreme being on your own and find out from God itself whether God is a christian, a moslem, a buddhist or a hinduist.

i guess it is only God that can answer that question and not any human being.
Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:28pm On Apr 08, 2011
dare2think:

Or do you need your pastor's help?  undecided

since most of you guys find it hard to think for yourselves.

Are you really sure you think independently?

[img width=500 height=500]http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/media/cartoons/after-eden/20020225.gif[/img]
Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by dare2think: 5:03pm On Apr 08, 2011
@ Image123

You clearly don't understand the intricacies of the Standard English language as a means of communication. Where did I write "judge not" ?
I only asked who he was to jugde the right path to heaven or hell, in reference to his assertion that Jesus is the Only (By the way he just came up with a verse from the bible about Paul's Jugdment on Law) no mention about Jesus being the only way to Heaven.

When did asking questions become a form of entanglement? I'm only challenging his conclusion about Jesus being the Only (You need not be defensive on his behalf)

So please Like i said before, understand the content of our discussion, then you can contribute. I  only asked the question. "Who are you to judge the path that leads to heaven or hell".  

It is your friend that said "They will only go to hell for sins such as murder, violation, adultery, lust, theft, lying, homosexuality". Hence the reason why i asked my question?. seems he had already made a judgment to me.

@Olaadegbu
I read the passage and i understand Paul's teaching about the Law. Thanks for that clarification. But alas, There is no mention of Heaven or Hell. Or Jesus being the only way.
Why then would you say "Anyone breaking the Law of God cannot give the excuse that he did not hear about Jesus Christ because ignorance is not an excuse". It's clearly different from the verse you posted.

Why are you giving your own meaning?
Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by dare2think: 5:05pm On Apr 08, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Are you really sure you think independently?

[img width=500 height=500]http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/media/cartoons/after-eden/20020225.gif[/img]

LOL between me and you, who has been relying on another source to prove his point?  undecided
Re: Jesus Is The Only Way by dare2think: 5:28pm On Apr 08, 2011
@ Benodic

Dude i tire, but i refuse to settle for the Status quo of our kinsmen feudal ideologies. It's selfish and unfair to the rest of the world that have got their own doctrines. Why Then disregard their faiths and say "Jesus is the only way". Why can't we all co-habitat and aknowledge the diversity of the world.

Why confine our views?. Religion has done more harm to our psyche hence the lack of progress in africa. We value our faiths more than our neighbor, which seem to me a clear contradiction. Like i said before,  our religiuous life is a reflection of political structure in Nigeria. Deceit is rife.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Jesus Was Rich... / Controversial 'Christian' Sect tattoo Themselves With '666' / To The Sceptic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.