Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,916 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! (35952 Views)

Installation Of Traffic Lights At The Omololu Olunloyo Airport Road in Ibadan / See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) / 5 Types Of Police Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Farki: 1:10pm On Feb 02, 2021
Ryan03:
you are the foolish zombie here, They should give chase so when accident happen, you will have a new opportunity to insult and call them different names. Idiot

They can chase yahoo boys both real and imaginary.

So when people run past a red lights and break other traffic laws accidents don't happen?

What is even the point of having police if they won't do their jobs?

Instead of you to push for better policing you're just accepting lawlessness, maybe it's because you frequently do it you're afraid.
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by uvie66: 1:27pm On Feb 02, 2021
VaselineCrew:
Yesterday in Lekki, I saw upwards of 10 cars running a certain RED light at around Jakande area while I was waiting my light to turn GREEN.

What made this especially painful is that there was a squad of police right besides the traffic light. What were they doing? They were just sitting down and gisting on their pickup.

Can you imagine? In what other country will people run red lights right in front of police and the police will just be laughing with Ak47s in their hands? and it wasn't just one car, but multiple cars totally disregarding their RED lights.

Are we so primitive that we are now totally averse to Law and Order in this land? That the police won't even make an attempt to maintain traffic rules unless at their own convenience? Unless traffic is at a standstill via checkpoints? is that they only time police would do traffic work?

Imagine how dangerous it is to be driving with confidence because the light in front of you has turned GREEN, not knowing that a MANIAC is about to smash into you because he ran his RED light and worse still police doesn't give a flying fvk

I would have taken a picture and posted here, it was such a disgusting sight as some of the cars that ran red lights drove right past the police squad.

How can we have such a useless police squad that can't even GIVE CHASE? What good is a police squad if all they do is park their car at a junction and gist inside?

What good is that?

Oh my Nigeria...

God helps us!
The problem with most Nigerians is that they like to appear like westerners, bleached skin, fake artificial hair, possession of the latest phone, but out behavior is still primitive. That is why some people will reside in the bush and come out like dangerous animals to kidnap because the IG is only in name only and Recklessness is the order of the day.
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Kingpele(m): 1:39pm On Feb 02, 2021
Where is lasma, this logasians self ,so sophisticated
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by RemiDogCare(f): 1:43pm On Feb 02, 2021
Five content writers are needed to join a highly productive content writing team.

You will be paid One Million Naira

If you like to write articles and get paid for writing then this team/project is for you.

This opportunity is open to both experienced and new content writers...

Project Details : Content Writing For New and Experienced Content Writers

To signify your interest, send a message to the WhatsApp contact on the signature.
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Empiree: 1:56pm On Feb 02, 2021
VaselineCrew:

bro, I was born and bred in Lagos, but also lived outside Nigeria for a while

It's just frustrating seeing laws broken and broken and broken and the enforcers just sitting down, literally.

I have no where else to voice out my complaints, it's just sad bro.

Do you know how many times someone has almost crushed me because they ran their red light as mine was green and they will just be laughing, I guess they know that there is no punishment whatsoever for their crimes, so they might as well laugh as they put everyone else in danger.

Some will even run through the RED light with GREAT speeds that you'd think their lights were green.

Accidents that could be easily avoided.
this is what the issue is(attachment). If I talk now some Nigerians would be upset. Majority of Black people are moda4kin stupid

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by AjibolaSegun: 2:06pm On Feb 02, 2021
Empiree:
this is what the issue is(attachment). If I talk now some Nigerians would be upset. Majority of Black people are moda4king stupid

Lol
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Originalsly: 2:10pm On Feb 02, 2021
badaru911:

... You haven't stop for a red traffic light and patiently expecting it to turn green for almost an hour before realizing it that it's malfunctioning... One day you gonna be in that situation, what will you do.... Jump the light or wait....
Actually it's not good to disobey the traffic light.. But in this country, many things are crazy...

Only a fool will be waiting 10 minutes for a traffic light to change before realizing it is not working. One waiting for an hour is a complete idiot.
Don't know why we always try to find a way to justify wrong doings... always can explain. Then when we travel abroad... we adapt by force since there is enforcement and consequences.... fines in particular.. and prison time. Saturday... Nigerian guy made an illegal left... traffic was very light... but unmarked Police car was parked among other cars monitoring the intersection... he turned... Police immediately pulled behind with lights on and the "whoop whoop" siren.... he continued driving and the Police pulled around him and cut him off. Heard him explaining... but I already know his charges and fines will increase.
Our problem is law enforcement. This one ran red light.

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Originalsly: 2:36pm On Feb 02, 2021
Empiree:

this is what the issue is(attachment). If I talk now some Nigerians would be upset. Majority of Black people are moda4king stupid

Ever since the Black people been on earth... who been running their kingdoms?... their societies? It is self hating inferiority complexed Blacks like you that accept all facts whatever is said by Whites. This your comment is the type used to support Blacks are lacking in mental capacity to do anything a White can. Do Whites have the mental capacity to manage our Black societies? You speak as someone without cultural roots.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Clinton16: 2:42pm On Feb 02, 2021
PissfulProtester:
I don't blame them. If they enforce, you pipo will still be the ones to come on social media to shout #end¶oliceButality. We must show the government that power belongs to the people..yen yen yen

So what point are you proving here?
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Tundex911: 2:50pm On Feb 02, 2021
Na wetin #EndSARS cuz
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Empiree: 3:09pm On Feb 02, 2021
Originalsly:

Ever since the Black people been on earth... who been running their kingdoms?... their societies? It is self hating inferiority complexed Blacks like you that accept all facts whatever is said by Whites. This your comment is the type used to support Blacks are lacking in mental capacity to do anything a White can. Do Whites have the mental capacity to manage our Black societies? You speak as someone without cultural roots.
E pele Mr.. Kingdom. What did your kingdoms did for you?. You still have your Obas that are very useless and care less about their subjects. Don't even come up with this shit. I'm not here supporting Whites. I didn't mention white. Stop telling me about white in order to cover up your ill. Black people for the most part are mentally sick. Stop referring to White. I'm talking about Black people.

That I am "self hating" is your opinion. I dwell amongst Black people and I know exactly how they fuvking behave. I love myself and I don't give a damn about white or Black. Fix your damn selves and stop complaining about Whites.

By the way, why are you even suspicious?. Why did you think I am self hating and inferiority complex?. Stop talking about white anytime Blacks are criticized. Did you not see NIGERIA damn situation? And why did you think White people should manage Black society?. Do they owe you anything?.
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by doyeni: 3:23pm On Feb 02, 2021
VaselineCrew:
Yesterday in Lekki, I saw upwards of 10 cars running a certain RED light at around Jakande area while I was waiting my light to turn GREEN.

What made this especially painful is that there was a squad of police right besides the traffic light. What were they doing? They were just sitting down and gisting on their pickup.

Can you imagine? In what other country will people run red lights right in front of police and the police will just be laughing with Ak47s in their hands? and it wasn't just one car, but multiple cars totally disregarding their RED lights.

Are we so primitive that we are now totally averse to Law and Order in this land? That the police won't even make an attempt to maintain traffic rules unless at their own convenience? Unless traffic is at a standstill via checkpoints? is that they only time police would do traffic work?

Imagine how dangerous it is to be driving with confidence because the light in front of you has turned GREEN, not knowing that a MANIAC is about to smash into you because he ran his RED light and worse still police doesn't give a flying fvk

I would have taken a picture and posted here, it was such a disgusting sight as some of the cars that ran red lights drove right past the police squad.

How can we have such a useless police squad that can't even GIVE CHASE? What good is a police squad if all they do is park their car at a junction and gist inside?

What good is that?

Oh my Nigeria...

God helps us!

Instead of people to eschew such, you would still see some misguided folks honking into your ears from behind when you are doing the right thing until the lights turn green. The present Nigeria seems like a makeshift in all ramifications.
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by BigBashiru: 4:08pm On Feb 02, 2021
VaselineCrew:

What good is that?

Oh my Nigeria...

God helps us!

Why do you think there is no developed black majority country?
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by BigBashiru: 4:16pm On Feb 02, 2021
Originalsly:

Only a fool will be waiting 10 minutes for a traffic light to change before realizing it is not working. One waiting for an hour is a complete idiot.
Don't know why we always try to find a way to justify wrong doings... always can explain. Then when we travel abroad... we adapt by force since there is enforcement and consequences.... fines in particular.. and prison time. Saturday... Nigerian guy made an illegal left... traffic was very light... but unmarked Police car was parked among other cars monitoring the intersection... he turned... Police immediately pulled behind with lights on and the "whoop whoop" siren.... he continued driving and the Police pulled around him and cut him off. Heard him explaining... but I already know his charges and fines will increase.
Our problem is law enforcement. This one ran red light.

"Our problem is law enforcement" - but the law enforcement guys are just like the masses for the most part.....

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by BigBashiru: 4:18pm On Feb 02, 2021
Empiree:
this is what the issue is(attachment). If I talk now some Nigerians would be upset. Majority of Black people are moda4kin stupid

It has become obvious that negroes cannot build a functioning society
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Empiree: 4:31pm On Feb 02, 2021
BigBashiru:

It has become obvious that negroes cannot build a functioning society
Don't mind clown that was trying to defend indefensible. They are still trying to deny obvious facts.

Can you imagine people running red light and police sat on the side chatting rubbish and probably drinking ogogoro. If the light didn't work, don't they have local authorities in charge of these basic things?. Something is fundamentally wrong with Black people. They don't want to be criticized. Criticisms make you grow but many don't like self assessment. They rather shift the blames on Whites.

Many drainage and sewer systems set up during colonial era were not maintained and are abandoned. They are waiting for White to return to fix them. The only things Black people know is loot money, kill one another, favoritism and tribal discrimination.

In decades Nigeria can not fix common electricity. The country of Georgia had their Independence in 1991. In late 90s to early 2001 they used to have 2hrs electricity. Twenty years later they built their country and the country has 24hrs stable electricity. But the so called giant of africa is useless with bunch of myopic people.
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by BigBashiru: 4:53pm On Feb 02, 2021
Empiree:
Don't mind clown that was trying to defend indefensible. They are still trying to deny obvious facts.

Can you imagine people running red light and police sat on the side chatting rubbish and probably drinking ogogoro. If the light didn't work, don't they have local authorities in charge of these basic things?. Something is fundamentally wrong with Black people. They don't want to be criticized. Criticisms make you grow but many don't like self assessment. They rather shift the blames on Whites.

Many drainage and sewer systems set up during colonial era were not maintained and are abandoned. They are waiting for White to return to fix them. The only things Black people know is loot money, kill one another, favoritism and tribal discrimination.

In decades Nigeria can not fix common electricity. The country of Georgia had their Independence in 1991. In late 90s to early 2001 they used to have 2hrs electricity. Twenty years later they built their country and the country has 24hrs stable electricity. But the so called giant of africa is useless with bunch of myopic people.

They always say Africa isn't good because "Africa doesn't have strong institutions" - but who runs those institutions - it's Nigerians!

See police isn't doing their job in the case mentioned in this thread simply because they can't be bothered. Hospital staff same. Nepa staff same. Sum them all up together and you have a shithole

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by BigBashiru: 4:56pm On Feb 02, 2021
tunapawizzy:
Nigerians will break traffic light, dispose trash inappropriately but will curse politicians for stealing money

And say the problem with Nigeria is "bad leaders"

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by BigBashiru: 5:00pm On Feb 02, 2021
VaselineCrew:

The don't have to shot them though.

Why go from zero enforcement all the way to draconian punishment?

What I'm saying is just be like a half decent country, just a half decent country, chai.

A half decent country with a police force that GIVES CHASE, PULLS PEOPLE OVER, WRITES TICKETS, IMPOUNDS VEHICLES, VERIFIES LICENSES ON THE SPOT...

Not a police force that either does nothing, or goes right to the extreme to shot people due to their laziness...

and they can shoot stubborn drivers that don't want to take a ticket with a STUN GUN, which every police officer in Nigeria should have at this point if we were a half decent country.

Giving chase, pulling over etc won't happen becos it's WORK.....
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Litmus: 5:01pm On Feb 02, 2021
VaselineCrew:

What good is that?

Oh my Nigeria...

God helps us!
Another reason for lawlessness in Nigeria is that the general public opinion, now voiced online, support lawlessness. The indirect support for Bokoharam by the public online, exemplified by the celebration when Bokoharam kill Nigerian soldiers, is one example. Another was the general support for those that burned and murdered police during End SARS.

There seem to be a disturbing rising in the consciousness of the mass stupid of Nigeria that the destroying, breaking or ignoring of any example of state mechanism is legitimate because of their unhappiness about one thing or another. And if the State dares try to force order, YouTube, Facebook or another form of Social Media platform is available to them to cry to America.

Part of the solution is for people like you and I to always sanction bad behaviour and not let bad behaviour find legitimacy in political grievances. In other words we all need to sanction ludicrous excuses online made by unknown individuals for those online supporting obvious deviances.

We also need to stop using Nigeria to excuse people. No it's not Nigeria's fault all the time, it's your fault for much of the time!

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by BigBashiru: 5:03pm On Feb 02, 2021
Rugaria:
The main problem with Nigeria is not the absence of good laws.. it is the unwillingness of the government and her institutions to vigorously enforce her laws. . What you noticed can only happen in Nigeria. It's in Nigeria that a man might commit murder, get arrested by the police, but still manage to get "bail" and subsequently evade justice! Many violent criminals get arrested and released at will in this country, so much so they become career criminals, aware that irrespective of their heineous crimes, they will still find a way to manipulate a broken system to wriggle out of jail if nabbed! And that's why crimes are high! The realisation that purnishment will NEVER be severe will always embolden vicious characters willing to take to crime..

The govt and her institutions is run by BLACKS that's why it can't be vigorously enforced. If it hasn't been vigorously enforced for the past 60 years what will change that will make it start now?? The only thing we can do is call in Chinese or oyinbos to fix this country
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Rugaria: 5:09pm On Feb 02, 2021
BigBashiru:

The govt and her institutions is run by BLACKS that's why it can't be vigorously enforced. If it hasn't been vigorously enforced for the past 60 years what will change that will make it start now?? The only thing we can do is call in Chinese or oyinbos to fix this country
Ghanaians, South Africans, kenyans are running their affairs better... Sometimes we argue as if black Africa begins and ends in Nigeria or West Africa
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Ajibel(m): 5:17pm On Feb 02, 2021
madridguy:
During the era of Gov. Fashola, no one dares try nonsense but immediately Ambode took over, he scattered everything and the current governor his even burning everything.

Wish we can bring back Fashola.

Ambode wanted to give enforcement a "human face" because he felt Fashola's policy was too draconian. See what it has got us to sadly
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by BigBashiru: 5:34pm On Feb 02, 2021
Rugaria:

Ghanaians, South Africans, kenyans are running their affairs better... Sometimes we argue as if black Africa begins and ends in Nigeria or West Africa

south africa was built by whites....

ghana is still a shit hole. same as kenya. the only reason these countries are even developing a bit is because of chinese investment in them.....
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Rugaria: 5:37pm On Feb 02, 2021
BigBashiru:

south africa was built by whites....

ghana is still a shit hole. same as kenya. the only reason these countries are even developing a bit is because of chinese investment in them.....
What's your point? Black people have black brains?
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Sleekfingers: 5:38pm On Feb 02, 2021
VaselineCrew:

What good is that?

Oh my Nigeria...

God helps us!

because most drivers in lagos get coconut head, dem no dey hear word.......
Bunch of useless drivers......

Na so one idiot called me names, because i was simply obeying traffic rule.....most drivers in lagos are extremely impatient.......

Lagos govt should be taking traffic offenders to the Slab. And behead them, without thinking twice.....i rest my case here
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by BigBashiru: 5:43pm On Feb 02, 2021
Rugaria:

What's your point? Black people have black brains?

nope. thats a racist thing to say!

My point is im sure africa will get better some day...

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Chinny024(f): 5:58pm On Feb 02, 2021
VaselineCrew:

What good is that?

Oh my Nigeria...

God helps us!
That's why the escape goats are being auctioned... A Venza will soon go for 1.3m.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by tunapawizzy: 7:32pm On Feb 02, 2021
BigBashiru:

And say the problem with Nigeria is "bad leaders"
i weak o
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by OdogwuBlog: 5:59am On Feb 03, 2021
VaselineCrew:

Can you imagine? In what other country will people run red lights right in front of police and the police will just be laughing with Ak47s in their hands? and it wasn't just one car, but multiple cars totally Prayer Request For Good Health disregarding their RED lights.

What good is that?

Oh my Nigeria...

God helps us!
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by therealesttin(m): 6:41am On Feb 03, 2021
deepwater:
It's only in Lagos you will see police, lastma, army, traffic light all controlling and directing traffic at the same time in the same junction.

I have seen police arresting drivers for passing through when the traffic light shows green, the driver offense was that the police has not asked the vehicle to move! Irrespective of what the traffic sunlight says....

Driving in Lagos should be considered extreme sports...

I was once almost arrested for daring to pass a green light because the lastma lady hadn't passed me. Funny part was I didn't even see her at all cos I was focused on the light, next thing I know, she brought out her phone and started recording me. grin I just did same. I should still have the picture or video wink

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by BigBashiru: 9:04am On Feb 03, 2021
notice how they have avoided this thread... the black man hates any form of criticism.... they also dont profer real solutions....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Largest Yoruba Settlement In Togo - Atakpame / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: This Is The True Story - TrackaNG / Nigerian Drug Mule Dies At Madrid Airport Terrified Staff Thought He Had Ebola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.