Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! (35984 Views)

Installation Of Traffic Lights At The Omololu Olunloyo Airport Road in Ibadan / See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) / 5 Types Of Police Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Boyooosa(m): 11:34am On Feb 02, 2021
VaselineCrew:
Yesterday in Lekki, I saw upwards of 10 cars running a certain RED light at around Jakande area while I was waiting my light to turn GREEN.

What made this especially painful is that there was a squad of police right besides the traffic light. What were they doing? They were just sitting down and gisting on their pickup.

Can you imagine? In what other country will people run red lights right in front of police and the police will just be laughing with Ak47s in their hands? and it wasn't just one car, but multiple cars totally disregarding their RED lights.

Are we so primitive that we are now totally averse to Law and Order in this land? That the police won't even make an attempt to maintain traffic rules unless at their own convenience? Unless traffic is at a standstill via checkpoints? is that they only time police would do traffic work?

Imagine how dangerous it is to be driving with confidence because the light in front of you has turned GREEN, not knowing that a MANIAC is about to smash into you because he ran his RED light and worse still police doesn't give a flying fvk

I would have taken a picture and posted here, it was such a disgusting sight as some of the cars that ran red lights drove right past the police squad.

How can we have such a useless police squad that can't even GIVE CHASE? What good is a police squad if all they do is park their car at a junction and gist inside?

What good is that?

Oh my Nigeria...

God helps us!

My observation:

Firstly, they are literarily tired; reference to old-recent #EndSars protest, MORALE might be down and attitude to work might not be remarkable.
Based on same, citizens/commuters disregard them and I am believing that they dont want to start their old rubbish any time soon.

Well, on the law breakers, they are the ones to be blamed here and I believe that the barbaric attitude will still be part of their norms by the time our society/system works well, you will cry for many of them in jail...you can take that to the bank

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by abysirius(m): 11:40am On Feb 02, 2021
Oga leave that one. Nigeria Police have decided to leave unna. If dem do u will say dem do too much, if dem no do na still name una go call dem. The people violating traffic rules aren't cows. Are they? Endsars.... We never see anything. Now even when they kill beside a police officer na to just waka commot before dem go turn d whole matter for him head.
VaselineCrew:
Yesterday in Lekki, I saw upwards of 10 cars running a certain RED light at around Jakande area while I was waiting my light to turn GREEN.

What made this especially painful is that there was a squad of police right besides the traffic light. What were they doing? They were just sitting down and gisting on their pickup.

Can you imagine? In what other country will people run red lights right in front of police and the police will just be laughing with Ak47s in their hands? and it wasn't just one car, but multiple cars totally disregarding their RED lights.

Are we so primitive that we are now totally averse to Law and Order in this land? That the police won't even make an attempt to maintain traffic rules unless at their own convenience? Unless traffic is at a standstill via checkpoints? is that they only time police would do traffic work?

Imagine how dangerous it is to be driving with confidence because the light in front of you has turned GREEN, not knowing that a MANIAC is about to smash into you because he ran his RED light and worse still police doesn't give a flying fvk

I would have taken a picture and posted here, it was such a disgusting sight as some of the cars that ran red lights drove right past the police squad.

How can we have such a useless police squad that can't even GIVE CHASE? What good is a police squad if all they do is park their car at a junction and gist inside?

What good is that?

Oh my Nigeria...

God helps us!

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by incogni2o: 11:42am On Feb 02, 2021
VaselineCrew:

What good is that?

Oh my Nigeria...

God helps us!

Your name just shows how Moral you are, You are an Hypocrite for criticizing others' fault.

By the way, It's not your Job to prosecute those who aren't law abiding, Your complaint shows you aren't matured enough to ignore the inadequacies of others.

It is not your country Man, The country is for everyone, Better pack your Bags and get back to that overseas you are coming from

We will call you back when lagos gets sane. I don't understand, what happens everyday, you're ranting.

Learn to Ignore Bro, The law will catch up with them in it's course, or better still, become a Policeman.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by delpee(f): 11:42am On Feb 02, 2021
I learnt recently that there are cameras on some traffic lights. People receive SMS to pay fines or have their cars impounded. Maybe there's none in Lekki or they're not functioning well.
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by kkfada(m): 11:44am On Feb 02, 2021
Which way....Nigeria!!! Op I understand your feelings we need to improve individually and not blame it all at the government.
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by ridbell01(m): 11:46am On Feb 02, 2021
we brother we are not in a country but animal kingdom even top politicians, celebreties, security force are not left out of breaking traffic laws
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 02, 2021
post=98662455:

Lower class people nko, dem no dey break laws?

Next time, just say EVERY NIGERIAN , both upper and lower class should BE THE CHANGE that they want.
Simple Stuffs.
Call a spade a spade and not an Agricultural instrument.....okay?

No be so SilverNorGold?

My beloved Patriots, no mind am... If we correct them now, them go begin attack, calling us zombies. Like you rightly said, my patriotic comrades, both the rich and poor; high and low should embrace change for a better tomorrow... Really thank God for patriotic compatriots like all of you at ... Mag God Almighty continue to bless you all ... More wisdom as you age...

God bless us all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by theFilmtric: 11:51am On Feb 02, 2021
post=98662455:

Next time, just say EVERY NIGERIAN , both upper and lower class should BE THE CHANGE that they want.
Simple Stuffs.

No be so SilverNorGold?
I'm quite sure you're nlpolice woman,silvernorgold
You guys lie and support evil too much
Are you being paid?

theFilmtricsay
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Munzy14(m): 11:54am On Feb 02, 2021
post=98662448:
Some Lagosians/Nigerians are the most stubborn people on the face of earth.
They are preventing and protecting people from dying, but some heady and stubborn animals are here putting people's life in jeopardy.
Be the CHANGE you wanna see... periodt!

We know you have been so used to breaking laws offline and online.
Breaking laws is now a norm to you and here you are justifying foolishness and incredulity.
Not everyone is like you, you know.
But continue, dem no dey telli person.
One day na one day......
Manna lachaaa

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by TinubuGoQuench(f): 11:54am On Feb 02, 2021
post=98662455:

Simple Stuffs.

No be so SilverNorGold?

SHUT UP HYPOCRITE!!!
YOU GO CREATE MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS ABI?
SILVERNORGOLD, NLPOLICEWOMAN, ERIGGS
WE KNOW ALL YOUR MONIKER FOR THIS FORUM!
NO WORRY, U GO HEAR AM WELL WELL
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Ryan03(f): 11:58am On Feb 02, 2021
VaselineCrew:

The don't have to shot them though.

Why go from zero enforcement all the way to draconian punishment?

What I'm saying is just be like a half decent country, just a half decent country, chai.

A half decent country with a police force that GIVES CHASE, PULLS PEOPLE OVER, WRITES TICKETS, IMPOUNDS VEHICLES, VERIFIES LICENSES ON THE SPOT...

Not a police force that either does nothing, or goes right to the extreme to shot people due to their laziness...

and they can shoot stubborn drivers that don't want to take a ticket with a STUN GUN, which every police officer in Nigeria should have at this point if we were a half decent country.
abeg shut up, police in Nigeria are not provided with stun guns, if they give chase and the driver ran into another vehicle, you will still come here to say police causes the accident by chasing the driver. Mtcheeeeeew
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Ryan03(f): 12:00pm On Feb 02, 2021
capitalzero:
Police do not know how to enforce laws peaceful. It is better they do nothing. Don't be surprised those drivers disobeying traffic laws are security agents or politicians.
Nigeria will remain a lawless nation until security agents, politicians and people in upper class start behaving well.
danfo driver's are politicians and security agents abi?
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by onuman: 12:03pm On Feb 02, 2021
VaselineCrew:

What good is that?

Oh my Nigeria...

God helps us!

It’s a hot temperature climate in Nigeria.

The sun makes Police easily exhausted from long hours of work. The police can’t be fighting all day with drivers who have zoo conditioned brains.

Nigeria vehicular insurance system has to work well.

If a motorist beats red light and gets crushed by vehicles that have right of way; and the crushed bad driver gets nothing from insurance but has to pay for any damages incurred by the driver of the vehicle that crushed the erring driver; thenceforth, drivers shall start to obey traffic lights in Nigeria.

Another way, if the driving license of erring drivers are taken away or made less valid by removal of points from the driving license of the erring drivers, they will start to obey red lights on the roads.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Ryan03(f): 12:08pm On Feb 02, 2021
Farki:

You're a blood thirsty zombie so I'm not surprised you are agreeing with your brother in being foolish and lawless
you are the foolish zombie here, They should give chase so when accident happen, you will have a new opportunity to insult and call them different names. Idiot
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Nobody: 12:11pm On Feb 02, 2021
Its a common thing allover Nigeria, not just Lagos, goto Abj, PH , Caly you will see it, as long as theres not traffic cop to chase them people will beat the light.
Nigeria is not overseas, get used to it and stop trying to intimidate us, we have all seen traffic lights, I thought you went overseas to do something useful with your life. grin
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Ryan03(f): 12:13pm On Feb 02, 2021
incogni2o:

Your name just shows how Moral you are, You are an Hypocrite for criticizing others' fault.

By the way, It's not your Job to prosecute those who aren't law abiding, Your complaint shows you aren't matured enough to ignore the inadequacies of others.

It is not your country Man, The country is for everyone, Better pack your Bags and get back to that overseas you are coming from

We will call you back when lagos gets sane. I don't understand, what happens everyday, you're ranting.

Learn to Ignore Bro, The law will catch up with them in it's course, or better still, become a Policeman.
let him become a police man so he can chase them around

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by onuman: 12:14pm On Feb 02, 2021
Federal Road Safety Commission is supposed to evolve a system to checkmate the driving license of drivers. Keep 12 points for a valid driving license. Depending on the degree of road traffic offense committed, take away 3, 6, 9 or entire 12 points from the license anytime the driver commits a road traffic offense.

But the Road Safety Commission does little or nothing; the officers are worse than the police. They take huge bribes and leave road traffic offenders go free.
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Femeto: 12:19pm On Feb 02, 2021
VaselineCrew:

What good is that?

Oh my Nigeria...

God helps us!
The crime situation in Nigeria is also not helping matters. You could be robbed at any little stop.
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by udemzyudex(m): 12:34pm On Feb 02, 2021
triple996:
If the police had dealt with them you will be d wan that will kill police and shout end police angry angry

dealt with them in what way? you mean extorting money or killing them?

If you have nothing reasonable to post just read comments and leave.
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by udemzyudex(m): 12:36pm On Feb 02, 2021
PissfulProtester:
God bless you. E be like say na the same mind we get. Don't mind these hypocrites

Do you know the meaning of Hypocrites? do you have to behave like animals? what's the reason for the number plate on a car? are there no better ways to arrest these guys other than giving a chase?
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Bimpe29: 12:41pm On Feb 02, 2021
Life in general is really complicated in Nigeria.
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by m140(m): 12:43pm On Feb 02, 2021
triple996:
If the police had dealt with them you will be d wan that will kill police and shout end police angry angry
You dey mind them, I guess that what we want na
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by m140(m): 12:45pm On Feb 02, 2021
Kriss216:
Give Chase

When they crush innocent citizens, na you go still shout #EndPoliceBrutality.

Now, they're sitting in their van, minding their business, you're still not happy.
This still happen last Monday at oshodi, the reason why the police made the chase was not talked about but only the person crushed, we not just ready
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by pimper24: 12:46pm On Feb 02, 2021
VaselineCrew:

What good is that?

Oh my Nigeria...

God helps us!
The light might be faulty and the Police is also aware of it (where is the running emoji��)
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by m140(m): 12:48pm On Feb 02, 2021
post=98662455:

Simple Stuffs.

No be so SilverNorGold?
You get time sef, we are always biased and giving excuses
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by BabaIbo: 12:57pm On Feb 02, 2021
deepwater:
It's only in Lagos you will see police, lastma, army, traffic light all controlling and directing traffic at the same time in the same junction.

I have seen police arresting drivers for passing through when the traffic light shows green, the driver offense was that the police has not asked the vehicle to move! Irrespective of what the traffic sunlight says....

Driving in Lagos should be considered extreme sports...

LoL...

Anybody that can drive in Lagos successfully can drive anywhere in the country or even world.
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by seyoops4u: 12:58pm On Feb 02, 2021
At Freedom way, ikate...
The officers always hide around to catch people driving Wrong Way Down One-Way Road .....
Twice now, I've seen those officers let go of People of ranks scot-free even though, they were caught driving wrong-way while they arrested other people.

VaselineCrew:

bro, I was born and bred in Lagos, but also lived outside Nigeria for a while

It's just frustrating seeing laws broken and broken and broken and the enforcers just sitting down, literally.

I have no where else to voice out my complaints, it's just sad bro.

Do you know how many times someone has almost crushed me because they ran their red light as mine was green and they will just be laughing, I guess they know that there is no punishment whatsoever for their crimes, so they might as well laugh as they put everyone else in danger.

Some will even run through the RED light with GREAT speeds that you'd think their lights were green.

Accidents that could be easily avoided.
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by nemynely(m): 12:59pm On Feb 02, 2021
VaselineCrew:

bro, I was born and bred in Lagos, but also lived outside Nigeria for a while

It's just frustrating seeing laws broken and broken and broken and the enforcers just sitting down, literally.

I have no where else to voice out my complaints, it's just sad bro.

Do you know how many times someone has almost crushed me because they ran their red light as mine was green and they will just be laughing, I guess they know that there is no punishment whatsoever for their crimes, so they might as well laugh as they put everyone else in danger.

Some will even run through the RED light with GREAT speeds that you'd think their lights were green.

Accidents that could be easily avoided.

Please stop the lamentation and just accept the truth that NAIJA IS IRREDEEMABLE!!!
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by RemiDogCare(f): 1:03pm On Feb 02, 2021
Five content writers are needed to join a highly productive content writing team.

You will be paid One Million Naira

If you like to write articles and get paid for writing then this team/project is for you.

This opportunity is open to both experienced and new content writers...

Project Details : Content Writing For New and Experienced Content Writers

To signify your interest, send a message to the WhatsApp contact on the signature.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Drug Mule Dies At Madrid Airport Terrified Staff Thought He Had Ebola / Skaters: The New Menace On Roads In Lagos (PHOTOS) / ₦90m Flyboard Strapped To Feet Wows The French President. Outruns Lambo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.