Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn (31944 Views)

SERAP Sues Tinubu For Not Publishing Spending Details Of N400bn Fuel Subsidy / UNEC Students Procure Refreshments Ahead Of Tomorrow's Election / Garba Shehu To Akeredolu: No State Authorised To Procure Automatic Weapons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Maliqcious: 10:40am On Feb 03, 2021
solmus:
coolyeah storage is paramount too when it comes to vaccine.

China Obi, the Philosophy graduate forming economist to his people

Our Brother the Health Minister from Edo State never said the amount or quantities he is purchasing, he never stated cost of logistics and storage.

Typical Ibo man feels he knows all, deals better and is smarter than the Edo minister,

empty barrel China Obi BSC philosophy, lecturing MD Doctor in Medicine on procurement of Vaccines

No wonder Buhari skips them in appointment and Nigerians never vote them

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by rottennaija(m): 10:47am On Feb 03, 2021
Nato008:

so u prefer for them to cash out from 400billion na...moreover anyone who thinks govt will get the best vaccine for us is a simpleton sha

Again, that's still not my point which you obviously refuse to acknowledge. My point is, Peter in a bid to be politically correct misled many, said nonsense and his maths is nonsense.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Nato008(m): 10:58am On Feb 03, 2021
rottennaija:

Again, that's still not my point which you obviously refuse to acknowledge. My point is, Peter in a bid to be politically correct misled many, said nonsense and his maths is nonsense.
how do u know his maths is wrong...cause from all I've seen the FG only said 400billion to procure vaccines.. nothing else
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by FalseProphet1(m): 11:13am On Feb 03, 2021
adadike:
I know some of you will not believe me. When it was sprayed, they told us it is just for six months but I was amazed when after two years it was still working. Peter Obi is not my best politician but I will not lie idea to prove a point. Till date that dotted sign of that repellant is still in my house. That singular action made me love him
Ada

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Cherez: 11:41am On Feb 03, 2021
solmus:

What and what did he achieve in Anambra for 8 years.. I mean infrastructure

He runs business of his father, still invested his STATE FUND in his personal business while Anambra lacks road and infrastructure

Obi ran his father's business?
Some of you here just open your mouths and talk gibberish
Obi's family relied on his mother's roadside restaurant at Onitsha which is still there till date. Obi grew up in Onitsha serving in that restaurant and went to school from its proceeds
Anambra lacks roads?
Oga, you don't know Anambra well. Obi & Ngige did so much road in Anambra that before Obiano came in, the only bad road was Onitsha-Enugu Frederal road
The road from Niger Bridge passing through upper-Iweka to Nkpor was constructed by Obi.
Obi made sure every public school in Anambra had a borehole, an IVM bus and an ICT centre.
Obi handed schools back to missionaries and funded them heavily
Obi saved ANSG lots of money that till 2018(almost 6yrs) after he left Anambra was among the 4 least indebted states and were paying salaries as at when due.
Obi bought lots of shares for Anambra in some multinationals
Bros, keep quiet when you're low on info

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by rottennaija(m): 11:47am On Feb 03, 2021
rottennaija:

A man who simple refuse to understand that we need 2 doses. In a country of about 206m people, 70% is about 140m, that's 140m dose which we need 2 doses each.

Of course, we don't really know our population, it can be more than 206m people (definitely not less). If he is looking for 150b for 140m doses, when we need actually 280m, let him do the sum.

Nato008:

how do u know his maths is wrong...cause from all I've seen the FG only said 400billion to procure vaccines.. nothing else
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Funnyguy83: 12:21pm On Feb 03, 2021
AsomughaChuks02:

The reality on ground disputes all you said. In terms of popularity, Obiano beats Obi hands down. The record are there for all to see. The only legacy Obi left was the huge debts he left for so much work undone. His roads were substandard and he lacked ideas on development. He was mediocre to say the least. No signature project can be attributed to him in 8 years he wasted as governor.
I wouldn't say you are a fo*l bro.

but seriously you look like one.

where did you get all these garbages from ?

we anambrarians are still enjoying obi's legacy and you are here saying another thing .

please never you speak on our behalf again.

shalom !
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Funnyguy83: 12:35pm On Feb 03, 2021
Cherez:

Obi ran his father's business?
Some of you here just open your mouths and talk gibberish
Obi's family relied on his mother's roadside restaurant at Onitsha which is still there till date. Obi grew up in Onitsha serving in that restaurant and went to school from its proceeds
Anambra lacks roads?
Oga, you don't know Anambra well. Obi & Ngige did so much road in Anambra that before Obiano came in, the only bad road was Onitsha-Enugu Frederal road
The road from Niger Bridge passing through upper-Iweka to Nkpor was constructed by Obi.
Obi made sure every public school in Anambra had a borehole, an IVM bus and an ICT centre.
Obi handed schools back to missionaries and funded them heavily
Obi saved ANSG lots of money that till 2018(almost 6yrs) after he left Anambra was among the 4 least indebted states and were paying salaries as at when due.
Obi bought lots of shares for Anambra in some multinationals
Bros, keep quiet when you're low on info

that guy is high on some substance.

I never feel like talking because I don't have the strength to type.

thanks so much bro.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by rationalhuman(m): 1:55pm On Feb 03, 2021
Not true, They have total 4 vaccines in mass production.

7 nation collaboration Oxford Vaccine being manufactured by world`s Largest Manufacturer Serum Research Institute, Their country was part of that research group from day one.

Covaxine developed by Bharat Biotech (another conglomerate from India)

Latest News: Covaxine from Bharat Biotech is being Exported to USA from India, US government has initiated the advance purchse of Indian vaccine.\
Source:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/healthcare/biotech/pharmaceuticals/covid-19-bharat-biotech-ocugen-ink-deal-for-covaxin-supply-to-us/videoshow/80661025.cms

banio:

It's relatively cheap because it is produced in India. Pfizer would have given them the A to Z on how to produce it.
Or didn't you read the part were it is stated that Nigeria in the 80's was producing vaccine for smallpox, yellow fever etc.
Nigeria never originated or did any laboratory test to produce smallpox vaccine but was guided by the Superpowers. So India is being guided.

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Cherez: 2:07pm On Feb 03, 2021
georgeakins:
This guy just like talking rubbish to impress his uneducated followers. The same man who lied that he left over N70b in the Anambra state treasury and Obiano later came out to debunk it.

I challenge you to a debate to prove this
My mother worked as a Perm Sec (who climbed the cadre judiciously) under Peter Obi
See, Obi did leave that money with traces
Obi was the one who moved all Govt payments to the bank as such all transactions are traceable and transparent
I won't deny it, I didn't like the 1st 2yrs cos he denied my mum a new car & other perks but when we saw what he was doing I was greatful he never bought the perm secs & other functionaries new cars as other admins did
It was in Obi's admin that every expenditure is scrutinized and marked down hugely

I have asked many of you this severally; WHY was ANAMBRA STATE PAYING SALARIES AND ON TIME FROM OBI'S TIME TILL 2018 or so EVEN DURING RECESSION WITHOUT ASKING FOR BAIL OUTS FROM FG NOR WAS IT AMONG THE 1ST 27 INDEBTED STATES IN NIGERIA?
Did you know Obi drew Dangote to Anambra?
Did you know Obi bought shares for Anambra in SA MILLER with an AB INBEV's largest brewery in West Africa located at Ijebu-Ode and a branch at Onitsha?
Obi drew Anambra indigenes abroad to invest in Anambra; he drew Coscharis to start his rice mill of which SABMILLER patronises till date?
I don't want an Igboman as president but Obi is worth an economic minister to help move govt economically but I know Nigeria only prefers failures

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Cherez: 2:21pm On Feb 03, 2021
AsomughaChuks02:

He may be popular among Anambra people living in Lagos but not among those of us living in Anambra state. That is why he finds it difficult to win elections in Anambra state. He divided his town between Anglican and Catholic. His people see his 8 years as a waste because of his substandard roads and lack of real investment in his town agulu.
You're a huge liar
I am Anglican and yes just like most Catholics in Anambra as per Ngige too, Peter Obi has some bias towards his denomination but I'm yet to see any Anglican I'll give a 2nd chance to govt than Peter Obi
What did Andy Ubah(Anglican) do as OBJ's boy?
What investment do you want Obi to bring to Agulu?
He did the roads at Agulu at the tail-end of his admin.
1.Obi, did the FG road from Bridgehead to New Building Materials, Ogidi
2. Did lots of rivers at the riverine areas(Obiano's areas) to enhance movement of agric products and the gas companies coming as at the time
Obi and Ngige did over 70% of roads in Anambra
While Ngige concentrated in Idemili LGAs, Obi did the rest
Do you know how many routes lead from Upper-Iweka to Awka aside the major Enugu-Onitsha Expressway(Thanks to Obiano for the Awkuzu bypass bridge) but go see the Old road areas too
Say the truth as to be free
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Cherez: 2:24pm On Feb 03, 2021
adexpa:

I never dispute that few of them are short courses but many are attended program.
It was those qualifications that earn him career n not Philosophy. He is more qualified when it comes to procurement/deals.

He is the chairman of Nigeria Security and Exchange Commission.

Obi was chairman of Next International Nigeria Ltd, then chairman and director of Guardian Express Mortgage Bank Ltd, Guardian Express Bank Plc, Future View Securities Ltd, Paymaster Nigeria Ltd, Chams Nigeria Ltd, Data Corp Ltd and Card Centre Ltd. He was the youngest chairman of Fidelity Bank Plc.[5] He was appointed the chairman of the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Don't mind most of these guys here who haven't achieved barely their degrees talking gibberish
As young as he was, Obi was CEO under whom Fidelity grew large
You can count 2 to 6 politicians in Nigeria with such experience in industry yet they won't learn
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Cherez: 2:31pm On Feb 03, 2021
AsomughaChuks02:

The reality on ground disputes all you said. In terms of popularity, Obiano beats Obi hands down. The record are there for all to see. The only legacy Obi left was the huge debts he left for so much work undone. His roads were substandard and he lacked ideas on development. He was mediocre to say the least. No signature project can be attributed to him in 8 years he wasted as governor.

1. Please mention the debts Obi incurred
2. Obiano more popular in Anambra than Obi in this Anambra? You must be asleep
3. I've mentioned OBI'S projects, mention Obiano's
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by adadike(f): 2:53pm On Feb 03, 2021
FalseProphet1:

Ada
eh nwoke di uso
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by FalseProphet1(m): 3:06pm On Feb 03, 2021
adadike:
eh nwoke di uso
ihunanya nke ndu m mgbe anyi ga alu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Cherez: 3:09pm On Feb 03, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Obviously you are reading too much toxic and unpatriotic conspiracy theories comments here on Nairaland.

That a project made the budget does not mean it will be funded sir. As at 2014/2015, even salaries were not paid let alone projects yet salaries as part of the recurrent expenditure was over 50% of the budget.
And just last year, many projects were denied funds.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/386844-nigeria-reduces-2020-budget-slashes-revenue-projection-by-40.html
Unpatriotic you say?
So how come Nigeria pays over 140%/km of railroad than any other African country?
How you people support evil marvels me
Was it not in this country monies were allocated for oil exploration up North last 2yrs?
While refineries already existing are gulping billions with no drop oil being produced?
Patriotism indeed
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Oktane: 8:50pm On Feb 03, 2021
Sometimes it is so shameful how otherwise very educated Nigerians reason. Indeed it is very sad a cause for serious concern.

Peter Obi made an assertion and rather than thoroughly investigate the submission objectively, we descended into the ring as usual taking positions purely based on sentimental and primordial predicates.

I have had cause to read up the recent development surrounding the vaccination development in India and once again Peter is armed with information most of us (perhaps including relevant government officials). There is some sense in what the man posited.

I am not from Anambra and neither am I Igbo but I can tell you clearly that Mr. Peter Obi in my opinion holds sway as the best performing governor in recent times. I used to be a great fan of Raji Fashola but in all honesty Peter Obi dusts him in all areas especially when you consider the resource base of both states.

He is a sound economist, an accomplished businessman and a tested, trusted public official. He stands tallest among all contemporary politicians. Given the opportunity, Peter Obi will resort to building a great team that will completely transform this country in just 4 years.
As a matter of fact, one of my most painful experiences was watching the Vice Presidential debates as two wonderful candidates were expressing themselves cogently as regards the way forward. And yet it was obvious then that Nigeria was not ripe enough to attract either of these candidates into the Presidency.

Love him or hate him, Peter Obi is the man to watch. I assure you that in a few days....if prompted he will enlighten us further regarding how he arrived at the stated cost. So far he is yet to fail us in his public posturing. He is...what he is.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Cherez: 11:14am On Feb 04, 2021
Funnyguy83:

that guy is high on some substance.

I never feel like talking because I don't have the strength to type.

thanks so much bro.
Daalu nwanne
I'm even tired of typing, would have gone detailed
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Funnyguy83: 11:48am On Feb 04, 2021
Cherez:
Daalu nwanne I'm even tired of typing, would have gone detailed
odogwu nwoke

udodi.

kedukwanu ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bugaje To Buhari: I Rejected Your Appointment Because My Hands Are Full / Nursing Mother And Her Baby Join EndSARS Protest (video) / Obi Wins Plateau State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.