Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,538 members, 7,955,002 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:08 PM

Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn (32370 Views)

SERAP Sues Tinubu For Not Publishing Spending Details Of N400bn Fuel Subsidy / UNEC Students Procure Refreshments Ahead Of Tomorrow's Election / Garba Shehu To Akeredolu: No State Authorised To Procure Automatic Weapons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by plaindealer: 10:56pm On Feb 02, 2021
Ode olodo.

1. The cost doesn't stop with the cost of the vaccine itself, it goes beyond that from hundreds of millions of delivery kits like syringes, wipes, preps, training, manpower, storage, security, transportation and all that.

2. When this olodo gave his vaccine cost, did he do so based on the fact that he called all the vaccine manufacturers to investigate pricing, comparisons and estimates based on vaccinating over 200 people in Nigeria or something he came up with while gisting with drunk friends at some pami joint?

This is why Nigerians rejected these irresponsible losers at the poles.

This olodo must think it's by force to trend on the internet, very embarrassing I must say.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Worksunlimited: 11:39pm On Feb 02, 2021
mikmash:

That's not smart economics.

Its not about economics.. it's about integrity.. Peter obi isn't trustworthy
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Nwaelohim: 11:40pm On Feb 02, 2021
Vaccine Procurement: Stop Advertising Your Ignorance Over What You Don't Understand - APC Slams Peter Obi

The attention of APC Mandate Defenders has been drawn to the uninformed remarks made by the former governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi concerning the Federal Government's plan to procure vaccines for distribution across the country.

The group asserted that Mr. Obi has formed the habit of making himself a cheap hero through peddling of falsehoods, outright misinformation and blame game even when he is alleged to have some skeletons in his cupboards.

In a statement released to journalists in Abuja on Tuesday by the group's national publicity secretary, Mr. Ifeanyi Emeka, the group said that Mr. Obi is not the right person to advise the Federal Governemnt over what to do concerning vaccine procurements and distribution because as Governor for eight years, he contributed to the sorrowful state of the primary healthcare centres in Anambra State as a result of his unconstitutional refusal to conduct Local Government Elections throughout his tenure.

"Saying, if Mr. Obi had conducted local government elections and allowed elected council chairmen to use their Federal Allocations for developments, all the primary healthcare centres in the 21 Local Government Areas of his state which are in the 'residual list' of the Constitution and whose workers have the immediate responsibility of distributing vaccines to the people at the grassroots level; the cost of vaccine procurements and distribution would have been reduced to the bearest minimum."

But because Mr. Obi and others in his category failed to do the needful, the task of vaccine procurement, distribution and development of critical infrastructures at the local government levels now falls on the neck of the National Primary Health Care Development Agency which is under the control of the Federal Government.

So, the Federal Government is not only fighting to procure vaccines and inoculate the population, but it is also fighting to procure cold chains, train personnel and other things that falls under the purview of states and local governments in the country.

Besides, vaccine procurement is not really the issue, but distribution and storage as well as building capacity are the things that matters.

For Instance, apart from Pfizer vaccines which requires altra-modern cold chains of minus 70-80 degree Celsius which is even colder than the winter, the Federal Government will still use some part of the estimated N400 billion for the procurement and deployment of cold chains to about 8,812 Wards in the 774 Local Government Areas across the country where the vaccines would be stored before distribution. This is because only few of the over 10, 000 Primary Health Care Centers in the country have functional cold chains and other facilities.

So, next time, before Mr. Obi goes to any national television to advertise his ignorance on any government plan in his characteristic way of playing to the gallery and seeking cheap popularity among unsuspecting members of the public, he should endevour to consider many factors which his inability to correct some of them when he was in office contributed to the sorrowful state of the primary healthcare centres across the country.

Signed:

Mr. Ifeanyi Emeka,
National Publicity Secretary,
APC Mandate Defenders

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by pquaver(m): 12:53am On Feb 03, 2021
CSTRR:

India should be more expensive than the chinese because the indians are mass producing for the the likes of Pfizer and astrazeneca.

But when the chinese vaccines cost as much as 400 billion, imagine how much the Euro-american vaccines in india will cost based on Nigeria corrupt procurement.

That is obi's point. He is much smarter than your president and everybody in his govt.

It's not about mass production but about the quality, efficiency and logistics of the vaccine.. Here all vaccine are to be mass produced. Also the whole world will be getting 1 vaccine or the other.. It not a reason India should be more expensive.. Trust is obi is being clever by half.. He purposely said it the way he said to fool and delight illiterates.. Lets even go by his calculation that is the cost of only 1 shot.. Why didn't he add the 2nd shots tell us how much? The cost of transport from purchase to end consumers? Storage, man power and mobilisations.. Or you won't pay people who will administer the vaccines?
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Vaughanlanrewaj: 12:59am On Feb 03, 2021
CSTRR:

Lol
You are defending waste and misappropriation.
Book is book, biro is biro.

It should not run into millions under any circumstances even in america the richest country on earth.
Nigeria has the highest percentage of poor in the world. Go to twitter and see how foreigners are mocking your country.

You are asking if they released the money? In this Nigeria?
They budgeted for something and you think releasing the money is the problem?
I laugh in greek.

Obviously you are reading too much toxic and unpatriotic conspiracy theories comments here on Nairaland.

That a project made the budget does not mean it will be funded sir. As at 2014/2015, even salaries were not paid let alone projects yet salaries as part of the recurrent expenditure was over 50% of the budget.
And just last year, many projects were denied funds.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/386844-nigeria-reduces-2020-budget-slashes-revenue-projection-by-40.html
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by pquaver(m): 1:03am On Feb 03, 2021
Nwaelohim:
Vaccine Procurement: Stop Advertising Your Ignorance Over What You Don't Understand - APC Slams Peter Obi

The attention of APC Mandate Defenders has been drawn to the uninformed remarks made by the former governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi concerning the Federal Government's plan to procure vaccines for distribution across the country.

The group asserted that Mr. Obi has formed the habit of making himself a cheap hero through peddling of falsehoods, outright misinformation and blame game even when he is alleged to have some skeletons in his cupboards.

In a statement released to journalists in Abuja on Tuesday by the group's national publicity secretary, Mr. Ifeanyi Emeka, the group said that Mr. Obi is not the right person to advise the Federal Governemnt over what to do concerning vaccine procurements and distribution because as Governor for eight years, he contributed to the sorrowful state of the primary healthcare centres in Anambra State as a result of his unconstitutional refusal to conduct Local Government Elections throughout his tenure.

"Saying, if Mr. Obi had conducted local government elections and allowed elected council chairmen to use their Federal Allocations for developments, all the primary healthcare centres in the 21 Local Government Areas of his state which are in the 'residual list' of the Constitution and whose workers have the immediate responsibility of distributing vaccines to the people at the grassroots level; the cost of vaccine procurements and distribution would have been reduced to the bearest minimum."

But because Mr. Obi and others in his category failed to do the needful, the task of vaccine procurement, distribution and development of critical infrastructures at the local government levels now falls on the neck of the National Primary Health Care Development Agency which is under the control of the Federal Government.

So, the Federal Government is not only fighting to procure vaccines and inoculate the population, but it is also fighting to procure cold chains, train personnel and other things that falls under the purview of states and local governments in the country.

Besides, vaccine procurement is not really the issue, but distribution and storage as well as building capacity are the things that matters.

For Instance, apart from Pfizer vaccines which requires altra-modern cold chains of minus 70-80 degree Celsius which is even colder than the winter, the Federal Government will still use some part of the estimated N400 billion for the procurement and deployment of cold chains to about 8,812 Wards in the 774 Local Government Areas across the country where the vaccines would be stored before distribution. This is because only few of the over 10, 000 Primary Health Care Centers in the country have functional cold chains and other facilities.

So, next time, before Mr. Obi goes to any national television to advertise his ignorance on any government plan in his characteristic way of playing to the gallery and seeking cheap popularity among unsuspecting members of the public, he should endevour to consider many factors which his inability to correct some of them when he was in office contributed to the sorrowful state of the primary healthcare centres across the country.

Signed:

Mr. Ifeanyi Emeka,
National Publicity Secretary,
APC Mandate Defenders

This completely reasonable.. Peter Obi for just keep quiet.. No I am no longer falling for his gimmick.. Atleast this is a field I know and work so if he failed here woefully that means other fields that he has been talking about this how he misinform and distorts facts but because I am not vast in the field it sounds nice.. He just should he is no different from the other politicians.. They only talk beautiful nonsense. No wonder he agreed to be atiku vice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by pquaver(m): 1:04am On Feb 03, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Obviously you are reading too much toxic and unpatriotic conspiracy theories comments here on Nairaland.

That a project made the budget does not mean it will be funded sir. As at 2014/2015, even salaries were not paid let alone projects yet salaries as part of the recurrent expenditure was over 50% of the budget.
And just last year, many projects were denied funds.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/386844-nigeria-reduces-2020-budget-slashes-revenue-projection-by-40.html

So many uninformed people in Nigeria.. But atleast I must confess some listen, engage and learn some other just display their ignorance on a world stage..
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Oneday82: 1:17am On Feb 03, 2021
[quote author=solmus post=98673291] cool

China Obi, the Philosophy graduate forming economist to his people

Our Brother the Health Minister from Edo State never said the amount or quantities he is purchasing, he never stated cost of logistics and storage.

Typical Ibo man feels he knows all, deals better and is smarter than the Edo minister,

empty barrel China Obi BSC philosophy, lecturing MD Doctor in Medicine on procurement of Vaccines

No wonder Buhari skips them in appointment and Nigerians never vote them

I thought you have sense, I can see is hibernating. Know it today with or without Buhari appointment, you see that tribe called igbos... God has bless them richly. There are made. So, continue to hate. Muntula like you
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by rottennaija(m): 2:07am On Feb 03, 2021
Nato008:

lols....is like ur not a Nigeria for u to be even thinking the govt will not want to cash out from this stuff....and talking Abbot simple for our politicians

But that's still my point. Even Peter Obi would want to cash out from it. My points were that he didn't have to rush to comment on it, especially with his wrong maths.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by famzynet: 2:58am On Feb 03, 2021
adadike:
Peter Obi is one ex gov I can't stop loving especially when it comes to health issues. The mosquito repellent spray you freely sprayed in our homes in Anambra state is still effective till date. God bless you mightily sir

Mosquito repellant sprayed 8yrs ago still working? grin. Can you inform us of his achievements in health as governor for 8yrs ?
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by adadike(f): 3:04am On Feb 03, 2021
famzynet:

Mosquito repellant sprayed 8yrs ago still working? grin. Can you inform us of his achievements in health as governor for 8yrs ?
I know some of you will not believe me. When it was sprayed, they told us it is just for six months but I was amazed when after two years it was still working. Peter Obi is not my best politician but I will not lie idea to prove a point. Till date that dotted sign of that repellant is still in my house. That singular action made me love him
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by kinguwem: 3:41am On Feb 03, 2021
solmus:
cool

Our Brother the Health Minister from Edo State never said the amount or quantities he is purchasing, he never stated cost of logistics and storage.

Typical Ibo man feels he knows all, deals better and is smarter than the Edo minister,

empty barrel China Obi BSC philosophy, lecturing MD Doctor in Medicine on procurement of Vaccines

Does the MD Doctor have experience in vaccine production & does he have links to the vaccine producers. A businessman can easily get contacts with the producers & marketers because of he's ready to pay unlike the government bureaucracy that will delay procurement & involve a lot of kick backs.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by kabillionaire(m): 3:43am On Feb 03, 2021
I like this man
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Mulisana: 3:52am On Feb 03, 2021
A few months after criticizing the federal government for issuing a travel ban on Chinese residents, cases of new coronary pneumonia actually flooded from Europe into the New York metropolitan area, and Governor Andrew Cuomo was proved to be correct. Now, the main government agency dealing with the crisis agrees with this assessment. A new analysis by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) determined that by the time the federal government imposed travel restrictions on Europe, it was too late, and the virus had already established a foothold in the region. The federal government restricted travel from China in early February, but it was not until mid-March that millions of passengers had passed through the airport in this tri-state region before restricting travel from Europe. European travelers carried the virus with them.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by plaindealer: 4:15am On Feb 03, 2021
kinguwem:

Does the MD Doctor have experience in vaccine production & does he have links to the vaccine producers.

You mean that pathological lying peter obi has vaccine, medical and healthcare experience or he's on the ground fighting covid? What's his medical and public healthcare experience

A businessman can easily get contacts with the producers & marketers because of he's ready to pay unlike the government bureaucracy that will delay procurement & involve a lot of kick backs.

So, Him Tu Lai arrived at the cost for his fake vaccine because he told he already contacted and negotiated vaccine cost for 200 million people including transportation cos, cold storage cost, procurement of cold freezers for storage, transportation, training of vaccinators, procurement of millions of kits, syringes, PPE and so on?

Did Him Tu Lai furnish you with that info?

Stop talking if can not make sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by dikokoyo(m): 4:29am On Feb 03, 2021
UncleHaba22:
Instead of buying 400bn own he will buy 150bn and add water

Sense will not kill this man grin grin

Are you for real? If you had read what he said, you wouldn't be saying this trash... Some one gave you facts and figures and yet you are saying this?
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Obeleagu93(m): 5:12am On Feb 03, 2021
[quote author=solmus post=98673291] cool

una hatred for igbos go kill all of una, check out what Peter obi and u will be amazed
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by plaindealer: 5:32am On Feb 03, 2021
Eberex:

Even if.......will it get to 400bil? haba!!!

$9 billion toward vaccine distribution, $20 billion toward vaccine procurement, $3 billion toward the Strategic National Stockpile and $22 billion toward testing and tracing efforts.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/01/14/biden-request-covid-19-response/

In the US with almost similar population and developed medical infrastructure and delivery system, they are spending $20 Billion on vaccine alone and $9 billion for distribution and $22 billion on testing so what's so special about $1 billion to vaccinate almost similar population in Nigeria?

I don't even think our 1 billion estimate is enough, vaccination hundreds of millions of people is a massive undertaking.

Covid is serious business and public health disaster, we don't need attention seeking ignorant politicians making irresponsible and reckless statements that are not based on facts and realities.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by plaindealer: 5:39am On Feb 03, 2021
Pfizer-BioNTech Vaccine per 2 doses = $40 X 200 Million people in Nigeria = $8 Billion

Moderna Vaccine = $12 Billion in Nigeria

https://www.biospace.com/article/comparing-covid-19-vaccines-pfizer-biontech-moderna-astrazeneca-oxford-j-and-j-russia-s-sputnik-v/

We can not even afford these vaccines with our budget sef so what is peter obi talking about?

Where is he going to get his cheap vaccine from?
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by plaindealer: 5:51am On Feb 03, 2021
Sinovac

Price: $60 per dose in China ($29.75 per dose) = $12 Billion

https://www.biospace.com/article/comparing-covid-19-vaccines-pfizer-biontech-moderna-astrazeneca-oxford-j-and-j-russia-s-sputnik-v/

Sinovac in China is the most expensive at $60.

Tell peter obi not to go to China for cheep vaccine because Chinese Vaccine is the most expensive, that foolish and lying man obviously did not do his research before spewing his usual dumb rubbish.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Awoo88: 6:32am On Feb 03, 2021
plaindealer:
Ode olodo.

If Peter is olodo, only God knows what bubu is. Even you, Peter will be considered a genius when compared to you.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by dederocs(m): 6:35am On Feb 03, 2021
Buhari Mr Anti corruption, explain pls...you have been wasting our money for nothing.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Sammyblaq(m): 7:44am On Feb 03, 2021
solmus:
cool

Can you just shut up!.
400BN is all over the news.

Who said, if not your brother.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Sammyblaq(m): 7:47am On Feb 03, 2021
xjiggy:
All he is saying is based on assumptions. Firstly, India has no vavine in the market. Even if the vaccines are produced in India, it is for pharmaceutical companies based somewhere else. Secondly, most vaccines are in 2 doses so he should base his calculations on 2 vials. Thirdly, the minister factored what it takes to get it to the people into the cost. Peter Obi just based his calculations on the price he can get it not the price it will be by the time it gets to the clinic for use. Lastly, vaccines are not pepper. You cannot go and price it anyhow. There must be communication between Govt., Heath ministries and the Major Pharmaceutical companies for you to have access to it or else, every Tom, Dick and Harry could have just gone to Pfizer or Astrazenica to buy the vaccines.
Constructively, you are defending the Looters in agbada... You are a suspect.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Sammyblaq(m): 7:53am On Feb 03, 2021
Some persons here are just casting this revelation that the 400BN is way up padded.

Use your head to this simple Psych, this looters in agbada are killing us.

If this Yeah and Nay things continue in this kind of revelation, THIS COUNTRY NEED BE DIVIDED; abi LET IT DIVIDE SEF.

Vaccine gbakwa OKu!.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Nato008(m): 8:48am On Feb 03, 2021
rottennaija:

But that's still my point. Even Peter Obi would want to catch out from it. My points were that he didn't have to rush to comment on it, especially with his wrong maths.
so u prefer for them to cash out from 400billion na...moreover anyone who thinks govt will get the best vaccine for us is a simpleton sha
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by EagleNest(m): 9:17am On Feb 03, 2021
Corruption will never allow that Peter Obi version to see the light...already there are vested interest in the N400 billion version. They won't allow Peter to spoil their market.

But thinking introspectively, that's exactly how opposition party should work. Give the electorates a convincing alternatives rather than just making dry statements. A kind of shadow government!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

INEC Manipulating PVCs To Favour Buhari, Says Balarabe Musa / Eid El Fitr In Owerri (pictures) / EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.