Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn (31912 Views)

SERAP Sues Tinubu For Not Publishing Spending Details Of N400bn Fuel Subsidy / UNEC Students Procure Refreshments Ahead Of Tomorrow's Election / Garba Shehu To Akeredolu: No State Authorised To Procure Automatic Weapons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Minjim: 6:38pm On Feb 02, 2021
Peter Obi go and rest.

I'm sure the FG is getting it from that exactly place you mention at an even cheaper rate. But normally they must inflate the price. That's why we have 400b
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by 35824L: 6:39pm On Feb 02, 2021
ogunsbanjul:
So that he can organise fake vaccines made in Onitsha and use the remaining balance to invest more in his family business as he did when he was the governor of Anambra state as confirmed during 2019 presidential debate.

gringrin grin

His iboe sense can only deceive low IQ Igbos

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 02, 2021
adadike:
Peter Obi is one ex gov I can't stop loving especially when it comes to health issues. The mosquito repellent spray you freely sprayed in our homes in Anambra state is still effective till date. God bless you mightily sir

I am not from Anambra but Ask any average Anambrian the man managed his state VERY WELL!!

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Reference(m): 6:44pm On Feb 02, 2021
Esseite:

The bolded is the reason a lot of us are rooting for peter Obi...

The same way our railway construction is the most expensive in all of Africa despite being constructed on huge loans..

Music to my ears. That was our song in 2019. Just to hrlp the hapless evobomy survive this government's recklessness and financial strangulation.

With him in government perhaps the naira will probably not be as weak as 420+ today and certainly the debt will not be anywhere near what it is today with a quarter of the budget going to service just one rail line from Lagos to Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by AsomughaChuks02: 6:45pm On Feb 02, 2021
Randy91:

I am not from Anambra but Ask any average Anambrian the man managed his state VERY WELL!!

He may be popular among Anambra people living in Lagos but not among those of us living in Anambra state. That is why he finds it difficult to win elections in Anambra state. He divided his town between Anglican and Catholic. His people see his 8 years as a waste because of his substandard roads and lack of real investment in his town agulu.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Dollanaira: 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2021
Procure them for your family no matter how high I don’t need it
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by lookingfly: 6:47pm On Feb 02, 2021
jrupa:
He just analytically made some vital solutions that shouldn't be thrown away. If the government really wants to improve on this Nation there are several cut down they should be doing at this stage. But another problem our Nation is facing with all due respect, is having a President that is not too sound and being followed by several greedy individuals always ready to milk the Nation without considering the effects on the larger percentage of its citizens.
they would soon say PDP are attacking APC.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by adexpa(m): 6:50pm On Feb 02, 2021
solmus:

Not degree programmes but mere short course and certification

I never dispute that few of them are short courses but many are attended program.
It was those qualifications that earn him career n not Philosophy. He is more qualified when it comes to procurement/deals.

He is the chairman of Nigeria Security and Exchange Commission.

Obi was chairman of Next International Nigeria Ltd, then chairman and director of Guardian Express Mortgage Bank Ltd, Guardian Express Bank Plc, Future View Securities Ltd, Paymaster Nigeria Ltd, Chams Nigeria Ltd, Data Corp Ltd and Card Centre Ltd. He was the youngest chairman of Fidelity Bank Plc.[5] He was appointed the chairman of the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by ofiko123(m): 6:52pm On Feb 02, 2021
Everybody is a thief in this country..
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 02, 2021
AsomughaChuks02:

He may be popular among Anambra people living in Lagos but not among those of us living in Anambra state. That is why he finds it difficult to win elections in Anambra state. He divided his town between Anglican and Catholic. His people see his 8 years as a waste because of his substandard roads and lack of real investment in his town agulu.

Lolz..

I worked in Anambra for good 2yrz with a big_5 Telecom firm and it gave me the opportunity to move round Anambra during his tenure...

Anambra was and is still a small London! Even down to interior villages,,,Good roads even till interior villages

BRO, do you know what you are saying?? The major projects still standing were built by Peter obi...

The Drunkard that's d current Governor has not done even half of what he did....Did you also hear d amount he handed over to obiano

Bro, Let's commend him! He is truly an SMAN...

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by SolarEdge: 6:56pm On Feb 02, 2021
The economy jagaban..

WE CAN HELP ENJOY MINIMUM 16HOURS POWER SUPPLY DAILY VIA SOLAR POWER SYSTEM....SEND A DM VIA THE LINK
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Reference(m): 6:56pm On Feb 02, 2021
See failed citizens commenting above. Making excuses for government as to why it should cost 400billion as if they were in any budget, cost control or procurement meeting and approved of such great economics by government.

Someone comes out on their behalf to call out government and they hunker down to protect ignorance and shield corruption instead of capitalising on this inquest to demand accountability.

In other climes for such an important procurement in such a tough economy every cent of government spending will be scrutinised with a fine toothed comb but here....
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by AsomughaChuks02: 6:59pm On Feb 02, 2021
Randy91:

Lolz..

I worked in Anambra for good 2yrz with a big_5 Telecom firm and it gave me the opportunity to move round Anambra during his tenure...

Anambra was and is still a small London! Even down to interior villages,,,Good roads even till interior villages

BRO, do you know what you are saying?? The major projects still standing were built by Peter obi...

The Drunkard that's d current Governor has not done even half of what he did....Did you also hear d amount he handed over to obiano

Bro, Let's commend him! He is truly an SMAN...

The reality on ground disputes all you said. In terms of popularity, Obiano beats Obi hands down. The record are there for all to see. The only legacy Obi left was the huge debts he left for so much work undone. His roads were substandard and he lacked ideas on development. He was mediocre to say the least. No signature project can be attributed to him in 8 years he wasted as governor.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Cherez: 7:00pm On Feb 02, 2021
xjiggy:
All he is saying is based on assumptions. Firstly, India has no vavine in the market. Even if the vaccines are produced in India, it is for pharmaceutical companies based somewhere else. Secondly, most vaccines are in 2 doses so he should base his calculations on 2 vials. Thirdly, the minister factored what it takes to get it to the people into the cost. Peter Obi just based his calculations on the price he can get it not the price it will be by the time it gets to the clinic for use. Lastly, vaccines are not pepper. You cannot go and price it anyhow. There must be communication between Govt., Heath ministries and the Major Pharmaceutical companies for you to have access to it or else, every Tom, Dick and Harry could have just gone to Pfizer or Astrazenica to buy the vaccines.

When you get an idea from elsewhere, just pause, listen and digest first.
https://www.seruminstitute.com/news.php
(This is the Serum institute Obi mentioned)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-india-55748124
(Less than a week after launching the world's largest inoculation drive, India has shipped tens of thousands of free doses of Covid-19 vaccines to neighbouring countries in what is being widely described as "vaccine diplomacy".

India's drug regulator has given the green light to Covishield (the local name for the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine developed in the UK) and Covaxin, locally-made by pharma company Bharat Biotech.

India is a vaccine powerhouse: it makes 60% of the world's vaccines and is home to half a dozen major manufacturers.

So what do we know about India's vaccines?)

I had to atleast check and Peter Obi was right
Before you talk as a scientist(prolly you are as me) observe and verify and not cos your emotions are rising

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by jaxxy(m): 7:04pm On Feb 02, 2021
CSTRR:

400 billion is too much.

I hope you know the federal government is getting Chinese vaccines and not Pfizer or moderna.

Ok then probably.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by 27Pushing30: 7:05pm On Feb 02, 2021
Don’t you find it funny he’s comparing Nigeria to India?

Put on your critical thinking cap .

You should compare us to ghana... what is GH’s Dollar per person budget for the vaccine?

Regards

slowice:

This isn't funny.... We re paying triple the price for almost everything we get in Nigeria
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 02, 2021
AsomughaChuks02:

The reality on ground disputes all you said. In terms of popularity, Obiano beats Obi hands down. The record are there for all to see. The only legacy Obi left was the huge debts he left for so much work undone. His roads were substandard and he lacked ideas on development. He was mediocre to say the least. No signature project can be attributed to him in 8 years he wasted as governor.

I doubt you are from Anambra!

I am not even from Anambra but I saw so many practical stuffs he did even in interior villages
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by pennyland(m): 7:06pm On Feb 02, 2021
Corruption make them accept coronavirus in Nigeria,not because it exists, but to use it milk the government of the day period
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by mikmash(m): 7:08pm On Feb 02, 2021
Worksunlimited:

If you give every Nigerian 1m of that 150billion you are talking about, are you aware there will still be change in the surplus?

That's not smart economics.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by AsomughaChuks02: 7:11pm On Feb 02, 2021
Randy91:

I doubt you are from Anambra!

I am not even from Anambra but I saw so many practical stuffs he did even in interior villages

I am from Anambra and we know who did what and what. Obi was more of a propaganda type and less project. Ngige's road legacy is still speaking for him. Obiano has a new airport, longest bridge in the whole state, steady payments of salaries, 21/21 all speaking for him. What is speaking for Obi?
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by slowice(m): 7:18pm On Feb 02, 2021
27Pushing30:
Don’t you find it funny he’s comparing Nigeria to India?

Put on your critical thinking cap .

You should compare us to ghana... what is GH’s Dollar per person budget for the vaccine?

Regards

Oga he didn't compare anybody to anybody.... Don't you know what comparison is? He made a statement making reference to what happening in India and how Nigeria can benefit from it.... Where is the comparison?
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by GreatrAnalyst: 7:28pm On Feb 02, 2021
Still don't know why some men find faults with this man, his knowledge, sincere transparency and his sayings generally. He is not in the same class with an average Nigerian politician
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by hansomb: 7:31pm On Feb 02, 2021
He will procure an ABA made covid 19.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by beardedboy(m): 7:31pm On Feb 02, 2021
JerryGent1983:
the question should be is it effective sir
How can it be effective?!

You people are the reason why Nigerian market is full of inferior products. You're just after sales, quantity and profit. No regards for quality.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Johnrio22(m): 7:34pm On Feb 02, 2021
AsomughaChuks02:

you said it all!!!!!!

but he's really the greatest, just that he don't normally know how to tackle a task which seems little but big. He only measured in big task.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by adadike(f): 7:35pm On Feb 02, 2021
tricksters:
Akika !

Make your father softly softly de lie like lunatic now. Repellant 10 years ago still effective till date yet no road he construction is without pothole today. I swear na lie go kill your enter household.

Boko Cha n'uzo Kam fu ndi isi di nma. Go and meet your fellow mad people. Idiot without respect
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by kingsavage: 7:37pm On Feb 02, 2021
FuckThaMod:
Bill gates even advised this evil govt to wait a little bit and get vaccines for free but they are hell bent on using this as an avenue for looting.
see as you resemble woman for your picture
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by edogu(m): 7:38pm On Feb 02, 2021
solmus:
cool

China Obi, the Philosophy graduate forming economist to his people

Our Brother the Health Minister from Edo State never said the amount or quantities he is purchasing, he never stated cost of logistics and storage.

Typical Ibo man feels he knows all, deals better and is smarter than the Edo minister,

empty barrel China Obi BSC philosophy, lecturing MD Doctor in Medicine on procurement of Vaccines

No wonder Buhari skips them in appointment and Nigerians never vote them

Our problems are too much for this country. Didn't you read the part where he is willing to negotiate on behalf of the government. Don't just read condemn.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by jrupa(m): 7:38pm On Feb 02, 2021
lookingfly:
they would soon say PDP are attacking APC.
I strongly pity people who would think that way.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by zakari247(m): 7:40pm On Feb 02, 2021
solmus:
cool

China Obi, the Philosophy graduate forming economist to his people

Our Brother the Health Minister from Edo State never said the amount or quantities he is purchasing, he never stated the cost of logistics and storage.

Typical Ibo man feels he knows all, deals better, and is smarter than the Edo minister,

empty barrel China Obi BSC philosophy, lecturing MD Doctor in Medicine on procurement of Vaccines

No wonder Buhari skips them in appointment and Nigerians never vote them

If any is more qualified to talk on vaccine procurement, it is certainly not a doctor but an economist. you run your mouth as though you're intelligent but it obvious you're a sophist.

you may be right about logistics and storage but wrong on the side of procurement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fasoranti: debanjo No More Acting Afenifere Leader / Man Accused Of Being A Pickpocket Attacked At APC Lagos Rally (Photos) / Special Ju’mat Prayer For Nigerian Army (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.