Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Fact Check: Does Nigeria Have More People Living In Extreme Poverty Than India? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact Check: Does Nigeria Have More People Living In Extreme Poverty Than India? (28815 Views)

Fact Check: Does President Buhari Shake Hands With Women? / Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg / 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fact Check: Does Nigeria Have More People Living In Extreme Poverty Than India? by Nobody: 11:15am On Feb 04, 2021
Sadly, the majority of countries with poverty rate are in Africa.

Re: Fact Check: Does Nigeria Have More People Living In Extreme Poverty Than India? by Rocky4996: 12:04pm On Feb 04, 2021
meanwhile:
With almost 4 years working as Python developer, I can write high quality Python code for any kind of task to make your life/work easier.

Call/Whatsapp: 0*8*1*5*8*4*6*5*7*5*9
Note: Remove * from the number
Re: Fact Check: Does Nigeria Have More People Living In Extreme Poverty Than India? by archangel1(m): 12:47pm On Feb 04, 2021
globemoney:

You and peter are very wrong, go back and read carefully from beginning to end

I still maintained my point. Mind you, it is not about Peter Obi. it is about reality. You have a population of where about 50% are below poverty line and you have the gut to pontificate on a theoritical headcount; comparing it with a country with less than 15% . A country that has reached billions of people.

Aren't you ashamed of this reality?

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Does Nigeria Have More People Living In Extreme Poverty Than India? by oyatz(m): 1:28pm On Feb 04, 2021
aryzgreat:
Keep deceiving yourself.

He said over 50℅ of Nigerians are living in poverty and the figure quoted is a little over 90m Nigerians out of roughly 200m. This is how the 50℅ was gotten.

For India, 103m out of over 1billion is living in poverty.

Now do ratio of Persons living in poverty in both countries compared to the population and see the reality.

90m:200m for Nigeria

103m: 1Billion people for India. (10℅ of the population)

The so called fact u quoted said 3℅ of of Chinese live in poverty. Add 3℅ Chinese to like 10% Indians. You get like 13℅ of 2.8Billion people.

Compare to Nigeria's 50℅ of 200m people.

Now who is lying?

Obi said India and China have pulled people out if poverty and that is true.

Is Nigeria pulling ppl out of poverty with 5k payment that is not enough for a pot of soup?

Take the message and forget about the messenger

Who in Nigeria is exactly responsible for pulling people out of poverty?
Re: Fact Check: Does Nigeria Have More People Living In Extreme Poverty Than India? by aryzgreat: 1:33pm On Feb 04, 2021
oyatz:

Who in Nigeria is exactly responsible for pulling people out of poverty?

The Govt headed by the President
Re: Fact Check: Does Nigeria Have More People Living In Extreme Poverty Than India? by oyatz(m): 1:50pm On Feb 04, 2021
aryzgreat:

The Govt headed by the President
Those who hold this opinion already put themselves in disadvantaged positions, they will be eternally disappointed and will be among the people will always complain.

Re: Fact Check: Does Nigeria Have More People Living In Extreme Poverty Than India? by Hajee77: 5:41pm On Feb 04, 2021
Poverty capital indeed
Re: Fact Check: Does Nigeria Have More People Living In Extreme Poverty Than India? by IncredibleWrite: 8:38pm On Feb 04, 2021
chumada:
yes, I served in the North and tour almost all the northern States due to the nature of my job.... The rate of poor people is high... South west own is worst seeing a healthy thug begging for small money makes me wonder if they're mentally OK angry

I won't reply any mention angry
I am always marveled by this. How can a full-grown man full of Life take begging as a profession all in the name of thuggery? It's worst here in Lagos
Re: Fact Check: Does Nigeria Have More People Living In Extreme Poverty Than India? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 10, 2021
Afam4eva:
Is this supposed to be a poverty olympics or what? I don't get.

IDK

Re: Fact Check: Does Nigeria Have More People Living In Extreme Poverty Than India? by Nobody: 12:16am On Feb 14, 2021
Afam4eva:

Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP6JRrtZwYU
Re: Fact Check: Does Nigeria Have More People Living In Extreme Poverty Than India? by Nobody: 12:18am On Feb 14, 2021
Afam4eva:

Lala

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYIdpMV-ajM
Re: Fact Check: Does Nigeria Have More People Living In Extreme Poverty Than India? by psucc(m): 3:54pm On Feb 24, 2021
Daily Post Nigeria

NEWS

“Nigeria has highest number of poor people globally”- El-RufaiPublished on February 24, 2021By Annie Nwosu

The Governor of Kaduna state, Nasir El Rufai has said that Nigeria has the highest number of poor people globally.

El Rufai made the assertions during the launching of the State Social Protection Policy.

He said it was lamentable that programs designed to help the poor in society are usually allocated to important people instead of giving it to those who truly deserve and need it.

El Rufai said such unfortunate actions and mentality has contributed to the many problems Nigeria faces.

“Nigeria is going through serious trying times and it’s no longer news that we have the largest number of poor people than any country in the world.

“Yet, whenever a programme is designed to help the poor and vulnerable, we resort to a slot mentality by allocating this funds to important people instead of giving it to the poor and vulnerable who deserve it.

“This is unfortunate. We must move away from slot mentality and use our social register to offer targeted support to those that truly need it.

“I appeal to all my colleagues, the political elites to please drop this slot mentality and use the social register, so that programmes targeting the vulnerable actually go to the poor and vulnerable.

“When we think of the poor and vulnerable, we must all remember that the welfare of each one of us is bound up in the welfare of all of us,” he said.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EndSARS: Nsukka Joins Protest (Photos) / Cyprian Akaolisa: Gunmen Burn Homes Of Imo Justice Commissioner & His Father's / You Can’t Increase VAT, Tinubu Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.