Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

The Power Game Between Feminism And Chauvinism - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Power Game Between Feminism And Chauvinism (258 Views)

Misconception Of Feminism And Its Imminent Dangers To Rising Africans: Misscokie / Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail / Sexual Harrassment: Feminism And The Dangers Of "Guilty Until Proven Innocent" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Power Game Between Feminism And Chauvinism by hayoholla(m): 2:18am On Feb 05, 2021
Hi here. This is my first time of posting here. I don't frequent this part of the world on naira land, but I decided to today.

I will appreciate your contribution and diverse opinion on this matter.
Let's get straight on the matter.

There's something i consider inherently wrong with feminism and chauvinism of men. Let me start with women. I am of the opinion that , Women don't want to be relegated, aside wanting their voice heard, and having to show what they can do, other than being a full housewife, like a trophy on the shelf. They want to get their hands dirty like men, I mean hustle to have their own money and all sorts. Men on the other hand, with all the responsibility they shoulder, and all the stress that comes with it, still inherently do not want to give away their role as the chief provider of the family, no matter how stressful it is or psychologically draining it is. At least, if you worth to be called a man, you should be able to provide the basic needs your family needs. I can relate with the feeling of being called a backbencher, a weaker vessel according to how society describes a woman. Even tho I am not one, applying this description of being weak or being labelled a backbencher to other spheres of human endeavor, you will understand what I mean. So also, no one needs to tell me how tasking and challenging it is to be a Man.

My issue with all this power game, is why is it so hard to understand our role? Why do we overly criticise a woman with ambition? why is it that one sex wants to swap role, while the other wants to cling on to that role, no matter how challenging it is. Is it our error in interpreting this role that breeds the power tussle between the two sex or that we erroneously interprets its as "power" itself? I will explain this last part. Man because he provides naturally assumes the chief role for himself. A king status, to further embellish it. A godlike status. He looks upon the woman as someone whose duty in the society is trivial and as such, labelled weak! The woman on the other hand, wants a taste of this "power", and guise this attempt to want to be free, to be on her own, to be queen of her kingdom. She does not wants to be called weak, she wants to make a statement, she does not want to be relegated to mundane duties, even to the extent of not wanting to involve herself in the stress of childbearing. She believes its a waste of her time and energy, it draws her back one step backward, in the pursuit of her ambitions, she's of the belief that if she cannot depose a man of his status in the society, at least, she wants to be his equal. Is this the illusion of power? Or, we have been interpreting this role wrongly all along?

This post does not favor or lean to any "ism". Rather, it was written to shed more light and hear diverse views and opinion concerning this topic. Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Singles Valentines Plan / Sex-starved Relationships: How To Rekindle The Flame / Don't Just Be Beauty That Slay, Slay With Brain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.