Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,457 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? (42678 Views)

With Pocket By Piggyvest App There Are No Limits To Sending And Receiving Money / I Need Help In Receiving Payments From USA / Freelance Payment: How To Receive Money From Abroad In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by Gerrard59(m): 3:26pm On Feb 05, 2021
It shall never be well with those who campaigned and voted Buhari in 2015!

6 Likes

Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by Solatium(m): 3:27pm On Feb 05, 2021
good4all40:

So you think everyone that lives in Nigeria has a Domiciliary account?

The policy is from the FG even World remit and other international remittance companies hault transaction to Nigeria except you have a Dom account then you can receive your money in USD.

I repeat that is not true.
Western union,Ria, MoneyGram have been here before world remit and the new entrant's,When world remit and the ilks came the policy is that everyone must be paid in naira,that was what made nigeria attractive to them,they opened accounts with our local banks and pay people in naira for their remittance,they go back and sell the Dollars remitted at black market rate making more money.
Do not forget that the policy of naira payment for every inbound remittance is to take pressure off the banks from demanding Dollars from CBN to pay people, unfortunately the Remittance companies in conjunction with our local bank did not make it work,rather for naira to appreciate it depreciate the more.

That makes CBN to switched gear that everyone must be paid in dollars.knowing fully well that an poor Person will head to Aboki to change to naira thus making Dollars more available, making it easier for those that needs small forex for little transactions

5 Likes

Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by madridsta007(m): 3:28pm On Feb 05, 2021
orisa37:
Federal Government of Nigeria's new policies is making it difficult for banks to send money to those in NIGERIA.

Such policy is wrong and unwise.

It is intentional, Bro.
They feel that it is the money from outside Nigeria that funded the ENDSARS movement.
So this is them clamping down on this foriegn money.

5 Likes

Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by Costa2000(m): 3:29pm On Feb 05, 2021
Duridadi:
angry
I swear na ONLY you dey experience that one !

My girlfriend ( female friend ) just received some cash from her sister ! So I no know wetin you dey yan for Nairaland ! undecided undecided undecided

Why are you trying to move us to Panic Mode ? undecided
I sent money to my Nigerian bank account through Titanes money transfer since Two days ago, the money is still hanging till now. The agent told me that Nigerian government is making things very difficult for them. Normally if I send money through this company I do receive alert same day. Something is really wrong.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by good4all40: 3:30pm On Feb 05, 2021
frankmoney:
world remit I'm sure of

It's great to know just confirmed it now because the online convertion rate is a total rip off.

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by Athemisia: 3:30pm On Feb 05, 2021
Wiseandtrue:
I spoke to someone outside the country and he said that the Federal Government of Nigeria's new policies is making it difficult for banks to send money to those in Nigeria

Who else is experiencing delay in money transfer from foreign countries

We need to know what people are going through
Have you try using PayPal?
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by Agbebakun22: 3:30pm On Feb 05, 2021
I'm currently facing same since January 4th that i received money from abroad up till now I don go bank tired to collect my money but no avail cux dem dey required nonsense documents for me to activate the dom account.. How I wish the money small Aje I go just bash it like that cux of the stress

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by Ademoore07(m): 3:32pm On Feb 05, 2021
Thieves. You better work for your money than begging abroadians for dollars. Awon ole alatenuje.
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by Empiree: 3:32pm On Feb 05, 2021
olenyi:

Use sendwave and receive USD from any access bank branch nearest to you.
it is blocked. All money transfer apps are blocked since December 2020. Looks like you are not updated

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by lagdmark(m): 3:33pm On Feb 05, 2021
Wiseandtrue:
I spoke to someone outside the country and he said that the Federal Government of Nigeria's new policies is making it difficult for banks to send money to those in Nigeria

Where are you people getting all this jungle news from. Ihave just sent money today from Europe to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by frankmoney(m): 3:34pm On Feb 05, 2021
good4all40:

It's great to know just confirmed it now because the online convertion rate is a total rip off.
yes it is ,now you can take it to aboki guys and change it
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by Athemisia: 3:34pm On Feb 05, 2021
Solatium:

I repeat that is not true.
Western union,Ria, MoneyGram have been here before world remit and the new entrant's,When world remit and the ilks came the policy is that everyone must be paid in naira,that was what made nigeria attractive to them,they opened accounts with our local banks and pay people in naira for their remittance,they go back and sell the Dollars remitted at black market rate making more money.
Do not forget that the policy of naira payment for every inbound remittance is to take pressure off the banks from demanding Dollars from CBN to pay people, unfortunately the Remittance companies in conjunction with our local bank did not make it work,rather for naira to appreciate it depreciate the more.

That makes CBN to switched gear that everyone must be paid in dollars.knowing fully well that an poor Person will head to Aboki to change to naira thus making Dollars more available, making it easier for those that needs small forex for little transactions
And how did CBN expect these aboki's to get the same dollar? Unless CBN is working hand in hand with them too.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by Agbebakun22: 3:35pm On Feb 05, 2021
Kieel:
Tell the sender to Use world remit
You receive the money(in local currency) into your bank account instantly

Boss na then be that oo not now, I received money from world remit last year December but the money have to be dollar pick up in any world remit affiliated bank

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by deathmen12: 3:35pm On Feb 05, 2021
Olodo read and have sense. Foreign capital flow into Nigeria plummeted by more than half in 2020 to $9.68bn, its lowest level in four years, the National Bureau of Statistics said on Friday.The NBS, in its capital importation report for the fourth quarter and full-year 2020, said the total value of capital importation into the country fell by 59.65 per cent or $14.3bn last year from $23.99bn in 2019.

Foreign capital flow into the country stood at $16.81bn in 2018, $12.23bn in 2017 and $5.12bn in 2016, the NBS data showed.

The statistics office said the total value of capital importation in Q4 stood at $1.07bn, down by 26.81 percent compared to Q3 and by 71.87 per cent compared to the same period of 2019.
“The largest amount of capital importation by type was received through other investment, which accounted for 73.22 per cent ($783.26m) of total capital importation, followed by Foreign Direct Investment, which accounted for 23.49 per cent ($251.27m) of total capital imported and portfolio investment which accounted for 3.29 per cent ($35.15m) of total capital imported in Q4 2020,” it said.

The NBS said the United Kingdom emerged as the top source of capital investment in Nigeria in Q4 with $236.88m, accounting for 22.14 per cent of the total capital inflow.

‌It said, “By Destination of investment, Lagos State emerged as the top destination of capital investment in Nigeria in Q4 2020 with $829.64m. This accounted for 77.56% of the total capital inflow in Q4 2020.

“By bank, Citibank Nigeria Limited emerged at the top of capital investment in Nigeria in Q4 2020 with $216.17m. This accounted for 20.21 per cent of the total capital inflow in Q4 2020.”

https://www.independent.ng/breaking-nigerias-foreign-capital-inflow-sinks-to-9-68bn-lowest-in-four-years/
4ckTOT0:
abroad people are not the cause of your misfortuune and senselessness , go and hustle abobi
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by senatepresido: 3:36pm On Feb 05, 2021
gaddafe:
From which country? Tell the sender to use world Remit
Tell me about world remit please
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by pooozeee(m): 3:36pm On Feb 05, 2021

Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by Athemisia: 3:37pm On Feb 05, 2021
Ademoore07:
Thieves. You better work for your money than begging abroadians for dollars. Awon ole alatenuje.
Are you Normal Why are you in sifia pains about another man's money
Awon jealousy gang

5 Likes

Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by Solatium(m): 3:38pm On Feb 05, 2021
Athemisia:

And how did CBN expect these aboki's to get the same dollar? Unless CBN is working hand in hand with them too.

Most people who get Remittance spend them on living,there is 99% that the money will be change minutes after emerging from the banks,who changes currency other that aboki's
If you know the worth of what these banks and Remittance companies cornerd in the name of Remittance fear go catch you.
If they are here for genuine business,let them do it the way law proscribed.

Pay people in Dollars and let them do whatever they like with it.
Banks are still paying in Dollars

1 Like

Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by YorubaPrince: 3:39pm On Feb 05, 2021
olenyi:

Use sendwave and receive USD from any access bank branch nearest to you.

You're right, I used it recently but won't let me send >$2.9K. I had to use my usual Int'i wire transfer into a family member's domiciliary which gets changed for me at the black market rate.
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by Athemisia: 3:40pm On Feb 05, 2021
lagdmark:

Where are you people getting all this jungle news from. Ihave just sent money today from Europe to Nigeria.
Through what means?

1 Like

Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by fourboys: 3:42pm On Feb 05, 2021
Jimmy231:
This one no get money way him wan collect I fit tell am 20 possible way to receive money now
so for ur mind now u rich
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by Athemisia: 3:42pm On Feb 05, 2021
Solatium:

Most people who get Remittance spend them on living,there is 99% that the money will be change minutes after emerging from the banks,who changes currency other that aboki's
If you know the worth of what these banks and Remittance companies cornerd in the name of Remittance fear go catch you.
If they are here for genuine business,let them do it the way law proscribed.

Pay people in Dollars and let them do whatever they like with it.
Banks are still paying in Dollars
But you know there's no way these companies and banks will completely be geniune about dollar payout.
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by 4ckTOT0: 3:43pm On Feb 05, 2021
deathmen12:
[s]Olodo read and have sense. Foreign capital flow into Nigeria plummeted by more than half in 2020 to $9.68bn, its lowest level in four years, the National Bureau of Statistics said on Friday.The NBS, in its capital importation report for the fourth quarter and full-year 2020, said the total value of capital importation into the country fell by 59.65 per cent or $14.3bn last year from $23.99bn in 2019.

Foreign capital flow into the country stood at $16.81bn in 2018, $12.23bn in 2017 and $5.12bn in 2016, the NBS data showed.

The statistics office said the total value of capital importation in Q4 stood at $1.07bn, down by 26.81 percent compared to Q3 and by 71.87 per cent compared to the same period of 2019.
“The largest amount of capital importation by type was received through other investment, which accounted for 73.22 per cent ($783.26m) of total capital importation, followed by Foreign Direct Investment, which accounted for 23.49 per cent ($251.27m) of total capital imported and portfolio investment which accounted for 3.29 per cent ($35.15m) of total capital imported in Q4 2020,” it said.

The NBS said the United Kingdom emerged as the top source of capital investment in Nigeria in Q4 with $236.88m, accounting for 22.14 per cent of the total capital inflow.

‌It said, “By Destination of investment, Lagos State emerged as the top destination of capital investment in Nigeria in Q4 2020 with $829.64m. This accounted for 77.56% of the total capital inflow in Q4 2020.

“By bank, Citibank Nigeria Limited emerged at the top of capital investment in Nigeria in Q4 2020 with $216.17m. This accounted for 20.21 per cent of the total capital inflow in Q4 2020.”

https://www.independent.ng/breaking-nigerias-foreign-capital-inflow-sinks-to-9-68bn-lowest-in-four-years/[/s]
ta there. me to waste time to read trash. i dont read any post that exceeds 2 lines. your papa there

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by Solatium(m): 3:46pm On Feb 05, 2021
stephenponti:
Is it only from abroad that's difficult to receive money. 6k transferred to me from GTB is still hanging since MORNING. Its third time am having this issue this week.. it is mostly afterwards reversed to sender. And this is causing friction in my business.

Change to better bank before dem put you for gbese, GTB don cast tay tay
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by Duridadi: 3:48pm On Feb 05, 2021
Costa2000:

I sent money to my Nigerian bank account through Titanes money transfer since Two days ago, the money is still hanging till now. The agent told me that Nigerian government is making things very difficult for them. Normally if I send money through this company I do receive alert same day. Something is really wrong.
....Well , me all I know be say dem send, she received shap shap !
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by deathmen12: 3:48pm On Feb 05, 2021
angry grin ; grin now I understand where your stupidity is coming from. Abobi get out. grin
4ckTOT0:
ta there. me to waste time to read trash. i dont read any post that exceeds 2 lines. your papa there
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by seunny4lif(m): 3:50pm On Feb 05, 2021
MoneyGram or WU charge insane amount of money to send few hundred
Which other one you know that do pickup in Nigeria
Duridadi:
....Well , me all I know be say dem send, she received shap shap !
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by Empiree: 3:51pm On Feb 05, 2021
Hezzyluv:
This government just dey look for any means to make life difficult for Nigerians
report released last year estimated billions of dollars were sent to africa by africans in diaspora. I guess western world is also behind this and Nigerian govt accepted this stupid policy change.

I don't think it is in the best interest of nigerian govt to block or restrict money transfer because it contributes to africa economic development. Looks like the West don't like it.
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by captianfreeman(m): 3:51pm On Feb 05, 2021
I am experiencing this shi. This government is gradually turning to nuisance.

I don't know why receiving money from your family abroad should be an issue.
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by firstratedcitiz(m): 3:51pm On Feb 05, 2021
This is true. The CBN introduced a policy in December that required for all international cash transfers to Nigeria be in dollars, and not in naira for direct transfers. What it means is that money transferred can only arrive as dollars (and cashed out as dollars) and not automatically converted to naira by banks. But there are other options. Here in the United States, we use WorldRemit. Please ask the person sending you money from abroad to consult his bank. The banks are in a better position to know other transfer options besides WorldRemit.
Wiseandtrue:

1 Like

Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by Yankee101: 3:52pm On Feb 05, 2021
ggood:

how please explain

Please my sister is sending me money from abroad how will I receive it.
this is my first time of receiving cash abroad

Ask her to use sendwave or worldremit. Give her the name on your ID (Passport, driver's license or national ID)

She'll send dollars as cash pickup then you go to any of the listed banks to collect it using the code She'll send to you after doing the transfer

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by seunak2016: 3:52pm On Feb 05, 2021
frankmoney:
oga you can the person will.use cash pickup and not bank transfer , all he has to do is go to the bank present a valid i.d and the code given by world remit and the bank will give him dollars
so since when you receive pick up cash through WORLDREMIT ?there service for pick up at the bank was down few weeks ago not sure if someone can still go bank and pick up cash again .maybe there service is back, am not sure but CBN just dey do anyhow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Drone Footage Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire In Abuja (Video) / How True Is This In Nigeria? / 3 Money-spinning Business Opportunities Overlooked By Many Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.