Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? (42748 Views)

With Pocket By Piggyvest App There Are No Limits To Sending And Receiving Money / I Need Help In Receiving Payments From USA / Freelance Payment: How To Receive Money From Abroad In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by seunny4lif(m): 9:39pm On Feb 05, 2021
World remit put it there now, you need a dollar account
Jimmy231:
I use my normal account and got credit I dont go for cash pick up, but they do it
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by Solatium(m): 9:44pm On Feb 05, 2021
erico2k2:

Why don't you just listen and learn to the diasporan for once
all those you said up there are systems used 10 years ago
You saying short cut, what short cut?
Carry cash into 9ja are you serious? do we look l like Ghana Burgers?
going the 1st bank UK is so old cos 12 years ago, I walked into their Uk branch I was told I needed £5k to open an account there, wen main street bank in the Uk takes £1 to open.
BDC rate today is N650 and CBN is N518 if you were in my shoes who would you go for?
I would like to state we in the Uk do not have any issues wiring money via 3rd party to our Nigerian bank account. the BDC in Nigeria have loads of Agents in the Uk licenced and you pay to them pay a transfer fee and the BDC in Nigeria credit your account within 5 mins in local currency and current market rate, I judge mine from abokifx
Nigeria the way it is you are advising someone's son to carry live ££££ to aboki,chi, U nor get heart ohhhh

Which 10yrs ago was the system used?
the same account i opend about a year ago,all they requested from me was just my recent ID because the passport i used for the first account has expired which i have them my driver license and by second day i had my account number sent to my phone number.

If you still want a good rate,use KBL that domiciled in Bolton,as at the last check there are still sending money to Naija with good rate,yes,very good rate.

I know you will tell me that it is too risky to carry such a huge cash,that was why I added that caveat that if you get liver.

You can't have things done in your own way all the time,before World remit Skrill and the rest people have been sending money through the African shops scattered all over, don't come here and tell me what i know as if you are the only who resides in this place

1 Like

Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by Webcomb: 9:53pm On Feb 05, 2021
Thanks
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by ggood: 9:53pm On Feb 05, 2021
Jimmy231:
Tell her to use world remit or remitly she will download the app and attached it to her account then she will send to your account direct under 5 mins
Thank you but she has collected my account number and the money is in Euros
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by ggood: 9:54pm On Feb 05, 2021
Yankee101:

Only dollars can be sent directly now
the money is Euros
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by donMIG(m): 10:07pm On Feb 05, 2021
erico2k2:

What country E go? mayB bar nor dey cos as I see am, if not UK,US, Canada bross forget am, the rest nah fake abroad opportunity tight.

One na surgeon for Germany the other na nurse for UK... Moni choke my brother!
Na just snitches them be!!!

I wish them well sha.. But I pray make God show boys love too
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by Yankee101: 10:08pm On Feb 05, 2021
ggood:
the money is Euros

She can still send in dollars. There's a conversion table or if you have a euro/dollar account she can send you euros or dollars directly as a bank transfer.

Just tell her to check sendwave or worldremit, they'll guide her what to do
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by donforeign: 10:10pm On Feb 05, 2021
yorke1:
Good move by the government. I now receive my money in Dollar and change in a very high rate using Aboki.

Using moneygram or send wave?
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by donforeign: 10:18pm On Feb 05, 2021
ovie8200:

On my mind. Use Wave and collect dollars back in Nigeria. This is what my family and I use to send money from USA to Nigeria.

E dey work for Europe?
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by erico2k2(m): 10:29pm On Feb 05, 2021
Solatium:

Which 10yrs ago was the system used?
the same account i opend about a year ago,all they requested from me was just my recent ID because the passport i used for the first account has expired which i have them my driver license and by second day i had my account number sent to my phone number.

If you still want a good rate,use KBL that domiciled in Bolton,as at the last check there are still sending money to Naija with good rate,yes,very good rate.

I know you will tell me that it is too risky to carry such a huge cash,that was why I added that caveat that if you get liver.

You can't have things done in your own way all the time,before World remit Skrill and the rest people have been sending money through the African shops scattered all over, don't come here and tell me what i know as if you are the only who resides in this place

U talking bank in Nigeria Im talking1st bank in the UK.?
what is KBL? I do not leave my seat when I transfer money, I use my Barclays mobile app to transfer to the Agent and then I get an Alert on my 9ja account if Im in the Uk I get an Email instantly 5 mins max. this ur KBL whats their rate nah, cant you say it here since you are in the know
U are talking Domicalrry account in the UK you make me laugh unless that's not what you meant Y would anyone want a domiciliary account in the UK? when you everyday bank can just give you the equivalent in real market value?
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by erico2k2(m): 10:31pm On Feb 05, 2021
donMIG:

One na surgeon for Germany the other na nurse for UK... Moni choke my brother!
Na just snitches them be!!!

I wish them well sha.. But I pray make God show boys love too
Like I said, they know what best to do with their money than me n you
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by ggood: 10:35pm On Feb 05, 2021
Yankee101:

She can still send in dollars. There's a conversion table or if you have a euro/dollar account she can send you euros or dollars directly as a bank transfer.

Just tell her to check sendwave or worldremit, they'll guide her what to do
I don't have dollar account
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by Solatium(m): 10:39pm On Feb 05, 2021
erico2k2:

U talking bank in Nigeria Im talking1st bank in the UK.?
what is KBL? I do not leave my seat when I transfer money, I use my Barclays mobile app to transfer to the Agent and then I get an Alert on my 9ja account if Im in the Uk I get an Email instantly 5 mins max. this ur KBL whats their rate nah, cant you say it here since you are in the know
U are talking Domicalrry account in the UK you make me laugh unless that's not what you meant Y would anyone want a domiciliary account in the UK? when you everyday bank can just give you the equivalent in real market value?

You think i don't know what a dorm account is abi?
I only suggested you walk up to FBN UK to open a dorm account that will domiciled in Naija,they will initiate the process for you in UK but the account will domiciled in Lagos provided you can proof you are a Nigerian.

There you are,you think you know it all,now i mentioned KBL you said you have never heard it before.
They have been in money exchange business between Nigeria and UK for more than 15yrs.
just go online and google KBL monex
You can pick all the information needed online.
All the best
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by MOVIC6: 10:45pm On Feb 05, 2021
Please bring another suggestion...
IamDavid:

Sure, just 3 BTC go build mansion, wetin u dey talk
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by Tats(m): 10:46pm On Feb 05, 2021
Kieel:
Tell the sender to Use world remit
You receive the money(in local currency) into your bank account instantly

That's not correct. World remit pays out in Dollars to a dollar account and for only about 6 or 7 banks. I used them today and the money was transferred in under 5 minutes with no hidden deduction unlike Azimo.
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:50pm On Feb 05, 2021
deathmen12:
Short up and use your brain... fool, do you understand what the op is saying? Some of you will be commenting senseless comments on important issues just to get likes.
Hahahahahaha
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by AutoshalomUSA: 10:50pm On Feb 05, 2021
WorldRemit also stopped bank deposits, since after the CBN policy . You can use WorldRemit but it would be cash pickup from their agents ( access , first banks ) .
gaddafe:
From which country? Tell the sender to use world Remit

1 Like

Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by obainojazz(m): 10:50pm On Feb 05, 2021
gaddafe:

You collect your dollar from the bank not agent. Except if you referring to the bank as your agent
Not just banks, through BDC operators too.
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by erico2k2(m): 10:52pm On Feb 05, 2021
Solatium:

You think i don't know what a dorm account is abi?
I only suggested you walk up to FBN UK to open a dorm account that will domiciled in Naija,they will initiate the process for you in UK but the account will domiciled in Lagos provided you can proof you are a Nigerian.

There you are,you think you know it all,now i mentioned KBL you said you have never heard it before.
They have been in money exchange business between Nigeria and UK for more than 15yrs.
just go online and google KBL monex
You can pick all the information needed online.
All the best
which yeye KBL, just cos U heard of KBL frm your house in Nigeria don't mean I have to know it, besides I live in London Bolton is at the Edge in manchester why should I know it? 1st bank UK is different frm 1st bank Nigeria diff entity diff board of directors check their website to be well informed
Dom account is not needed in the Uk cos ordinary ATM can give you Dollars at word mkt rate ie today's rate
ALl that long talk over Dom account is waste of time and does not serve any purpose for me,maybe people from Europe but for us In the UK, we have the high street transfer agents from the tip of our phone and its convenient plus you get BDC rate.This was what I meant when I said 10 years Ol system.
As Im speaking my sending limit is £1k on my mobile App so I can do another £1k to self 2morrow morning not that KBL shyte u talking about
I can see you are trying very hard to make me think you got something meaningful to say but nahhh its Bulsshit still.
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by AutoshalomUSA: 10:55pm On Feb 05, 2021
Here is screenshot of WorldRemit transfer today .
AutoshalomUSA:
WorldRemit also stopped bank deposits, since after the CBN policy . You can use WorldRemit but it would be cash pickup from their agents ( access , first banks ) .

Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by opey112(m): 11:12pm On Feb 05, 2021
Duridadi:
angry
I swear na ONLY you dey experience that one !

My girlfriend ( female friend ) just received some cash from her sister ! So I no know wetin you dey yan for Nairaland ! undecided undecided undecided

Why are you trying to move us to Panic Mode ? undecided
abi o I just received money through sendwave...
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by seunny4lif(m): 11:31pm On Feb 05, 2021
Do they do pickup in any bank
Tats:

That's not correct. World remit pays out in Dollars to a dollar account and for only about 6 or 7 banks. I used them today and the money was transferred in under 5 minutes with no hidden deduction unlike Azimo.
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by Naso007: 11:44pm On Feb 05, 2021
orisa37:
Federal Government of Nigeria's new policies is making it difficult for banks to send money to those in NIGERIA.

Such policy is wrong and unwise.

This is not correct, maybe the person abroad just wan use una head.

Which policy exactly?

It is even better now.

Before now if someone send you money from abroad via Western Union or MoneyGram, these company would cut the money and give you small amount in naira instead of Dollar, euro or pounds.

But now if they send Dollar or euro you will simply visit the bank of your choice and pick the money in dollars and sell it to aboki at a better rate.

Also there is a solution for those who want to receive money via Paypal in Nigeria a
Withdraw in Dollars to your domiciliary account in Nigeria and then sell the dollars to aboki.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by Akolawole(m): 12:10am On Feb 06, 2021
We want our country to work but do NOT want to be part be part of policies that will make it SANE!

There is no issue in sending money only a slight change in 'lane'

Send from anywhere, receive in dollars. Simple as abc!

Just to clean up and remove money laundry.
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by erico2k2(m): 12:41am On Feb 06, 2021
Akolawole:
We want our country to work but do NOT want to be part be part of policies that will make it SANE!

There is no issue in sending money only a slight change in 'lane'

Send from anywhere, receive in dollars. Simple as abc!

Just to clean up and remove money laundry.
talk is cheap why don't the FG play their role right? if not, tell me since wen did dollar become legal tender in Nigeria, if not for multiple exchange rate what else? and this, by the way, was created by them with winchy policies
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by IYANGBALI: 12:41am On Feb 06, 2021
gaddafe:
world remit is too expenses
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by WarriFirstBorn(m): 12:41am On Feb 06, 2021
ggood:
Please my sister is sending me money from abroad how will I receive it.

this is my first time of receiving cash abroad
Let's do business. I have a dollar account to recieve money. No scam. I can give you all my details you need.
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by erico2k2(m): 12:43am On Feb 06, 2021
Naso007:

This is not correct, maybe the person abroad just wan use una head.

Which policy exactly?

It is even better now.

Before now if someone send you money from abroad via Western Union or MoneyGram, these company would cut the money and give you small amount in naira instead of Dollar, euro or pounds.

But now if they send Dollar or euro you will simply visit the bank of your choice and pick the money in dollars and sell it to aboki at a better rate.

Also there is a solution for those who want to receive money via Paypal in Nigeria a
Withdraw in Dollars to your domiciliary account in Nigeria and then sell the dollars to aboki.

I always say this, nah change u fit collect not for the serious-minded.Especially people remitting their savings from abroad/
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by Chicagoesontop: 12:50am On Feb 06, 2021
gaddafe:

Even world remit can only go to a Nigerian dollar account.
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by Nobody: 1:07am On Feb 06, 2021
4ckTOT0:
exactly bro . even this retard Logan23 wey hunger dey affect him brain sef dey quote me lol. these guys are lazy as hell

Hunger speaks louder than words.

Paid BMC with 30k salary
Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by AntiNigerian: 1:14am On Feb 06, 2021
seunak2016:
the charges of bitcoin is too much. like for instance the $100usd you will receive in Nigeria for 40kplus in NAIRA, with bitcoin the money won't be up to 30k because of charges
who still uses that slow shit called BTC? Tell them to use USDT over TRC 20 network. It's fast , free and easy. Tell them to send you 100usdt($100) , convert it at black market rate (481 ) and get your money! Shikena! Yowa! grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Else Is Experiencing Difficulty In Receiving Money From Abroad??? by AntiNigerian: 1:17am On Feb 06, 2021
ggood:
Please my sister is sending me money from abroad how will I receive it.

this is my first time of receiving cash abroad
open a crypto wallet Account. Tell her to send you the money in USDT. You can convert it to black market rate 481 here. 1 USDT =$1. Simple. Tell her to send it over TRC 20 network. It's better that way. You can.send it to Binance, buy tron , send it to.bundle and sell. It will give higher value.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

See How A Lagos Street Hawker Celebrated Independence Yesterday / Darlington Nwabunike: Meet the 'King of Billionaires' / What's The Price Of A Bag Of Cement In Nigeria Right Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.