Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts (96212 Views)

Over 91 Million Bank Accounts At Risk Of Deactivation As CBN's BVN/NIN Deadline / CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts / More Bank Accounts To Be Shut As CBN Issues Strict BVN Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by wizzypablo(m): 3:34pm On Feb 05, 2021
mad oo what about my pinkoin abeg ooo if na play may dem stop

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Dynamiq(m): 3:35pm On Feb 05, 2021
DigitB:
Useless rulers.

We will start using P2P to buy Crypto then.

I've been buying BTC from www.localbitcoins.com since 2016. Escrow keeps your money secure.

Bros, is localbitcoins still working well for Nigerians?
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by owunabastard: 3:36pm On Feb 05, 2021
You mean you can use crypto card from binance to withdraw in Naira Nigeria ATM
grossintel:
No your Crypto is safe with you, what this means is you can't use exchanges to withdraw back to your Naira. So to sell your crypto you have to go through someone who will buy from you and give you Naira. Not going through Luno or Patricia because they are banned from today. I suggest you get a Crypto card from Binance and you can withdraw directly with an ATM anywhere.
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Nerro042: 3:36pm On Feb 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You have to send the crypto to jack..

How much did you pay for network fee to send to jack btc wallet?

I cant do the deal you did because of fraud. I need to see the person first and we must do all transaction physically with our phone.

I hate hearing stories that touch.

I totally understand what you mean about the fraud part and that's really smart of you i like it. The explanation full my head but i don't know how to write it down. Anyway take care man
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by stano2(m): 3:36pm On Feb 05, 2021
Seeeker:

Youths are the backbone of endsars protest. Most youths in the south are either into Yahoo or legit online businesses. Yahoo guys receive monies in Bitcoin so that it won't be traceable. To cripple the vocal youths among us, weaken their flow of income.

Youths are no longer thinking of physical businesses. Everyone wants to become a millionaire overnight.
you love suffering... well done

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by 7lives: 3:38pm On Feb 05, 2021
americaninja1:
Banks are scared.. People no longer save in bank account. Fiat might go extinct in the next century.

This is precisely the way it happened 13 years ago.
Erasmus Akingbola the then MD intercontinental bank, Cecilia Ibru oceanic bank and Jim Ovia of Zenith bank, pressurised that mumu Soludo the then cbn governor, to ban all kinds of forex trading investment.
People lost close to 5million in my office alone, the hue and cry was serious.
An investment outfit called wealth solutions has about 50 million dollars investors money trapped at fxsol.
People died o, to compound our woes, A3 union and Russo project played us yahoo and fled with our foreign investments.
Our crime then was that we don't save with banks, that we prefer investment.
The whole world knew how Sanusi started frisking banks MDs and what did he found?
Erastus Akingbola fled to UK, he stole 6 billion naira, Cecilia went to jail I don't know if she's out now, so many of them had their backs on the wall during sanusi's tenure.
We survived that onslaught then, we go survive this one too.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 05, 2021
owunabastard:
You mean you can use crypto card from binance to withdraw in Naira Nigeria ATM
Capital YES. Any crypto card with Visa or Mastercard will work.

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 05, 2021
owunabastard:
Everything about you has sadistic tendency, You are even one of supporters of this government, which makes a lot of sense about your personality. But mind you crypto currency is above one person wishful thinking. It has come to stay

Government regulations can destroy crypto or any business
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Hotice085: 3:38pm On Feb 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You have to send the crypto to jack..

How much did you pay for network fee to send to jack btc wallet?

I cant do the deal you did because of fraud. I need to see the person first and we must do all transaction physically with our phone.

I hate hearing stories that touch.

... Covid19 has impacted bizness globally same with our every day lives, you are here still talking about seeing physically d person... You are a cave man, SATOSHI long saw ahead of you and ur kinds

3 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Iamagoodgirll: 3:39pm On Feb 05, 2021
Selfkontrol:
you can buy but not through exchanges dealing with banks. You can buy using peer to peer
alright, thanks
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by OgThanos: 3:39pm On Feb 05, 2021
softset:
I have always said it that this government is run by insane people. How could you just wake up and make such a decision?

I won't blame them, next election, if you like collect 5000 you will get worse treatment.

Look at NIN, some idiot just woke up and made a decision without putting lots of things into consideration, so I arrive Nigeria now with no way to get a phone number. Many government decisions are never thought through.

We deserve better than what we are getting, Nigerians are smart people, we should never settle for less , mediocrity should not be an option when choosing leaders.

I apologize for being part of those that encouraged people to vote for Buhari during the first election, I encouraged over 80 of my employees in Lagos to vote for him, I thought he was the messiah. I later realized that this man really has nothing much to offer. Someone that thinks today is Monday
Baba, let me be one of your employees please
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Ojemedad: 3:39pm On Feb 05, 2021
Keepem:
Physical or imaginary City?

grin

angry
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by juliebest(f): 3:42pm On Feb 05, 2021
There was a country
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Hotice085: 3:43pm On Feb 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Government regulations can destroy crypto or any business

The Elites Bank in America, Europe tried and failed
The Russian government tried n failed
China, India all failed and now all of them are dancing to Bitcoins
Cryptos is next revolution... PMB and APC will die off not Crypto

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by definitelyCYRIL(m): 3:44pm On Feb 05, 2021
Hotice085:

While six of the 10 banks in USA have moved substantial of their assets to Cryptos, IMF and Worldbank are exploring digital currencies options, China has gone further, Rothschild and other billionaires are seeing but you and your primitive president are still lost in stone Age....
. � Guy, God go bless you... Leave the idiot make him dey talk non sense...

2 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by mmsen: 3:46pm On Feb 05, 2021
DollarBuddy:
Good! vote a youthful President, vote a youthful president, Nigerians no go gree.

They allowed useless tribal and religious sentiments becloud their sense of reasoning.

These people won't awaken until Buhari himself slaps them from their slumber.
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Danielepum2000(m): 3:48pm On Feb 05, 2021
7lives:

This is precisely the way it happened 13 years ago.
Erasmus Akingbola the then MD intercontinental bank, Cecilia Ibru oceanic bank and Jim Ovia of Zenith bank, pressurised that mumu Soludo the then cbn governor, to ban all kinds of forex trading investment.
People lost close to 5million in my office alone, the hue and cry was serious.
An investment outfit called wealth solutions has about 50 million dollars investors money trapped at fxsol.
People died o, to compound our woes, A3 union and Russo project played us yahoo and fled with our foreign investments.
Our crime then was that we don't save with banks, that we prefer investment.
The whole world knew how Sanusi started frisking banks MDs and what did he found?
Erastus Akingbola fled to UK, he stole 6 billion naira, Cecilia went to jail I don't know if she's out now, so many of them had their backs on the wall during sanusi's tenure.
We survived that onslaught then, we go survive this one too.

Breaking news, CBN has banned crypto in Nigeria. Below is the letter in written form

Central Bank OF NIGERIA

Banking Supervision Department

Central Business District

P.M.B. 0187 Garki, Abuja.

Tel:09-462-36401

E-mail: bsd@cbn.gov.ng

BSDIDIR/GENILAB/14/001

February 5, 2021

LETTER TO ALL DEPOSIT MONEY BANKS, NON-BANK FINANCIAL

INSTITUTIONS AND oTHER FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS

The Central of Bank of Nigeria's (CBN) circular of January 12, 2017 ref

FPR/DIR/GENICIR/06/010 which cautioned Deposit Money Banks (DMBs).

Non Bank Financial Institutions (NBF1s), Other Financial Institubions (OFls) and members of the pubic on the risk associated with transactions in crypto cumency refers.

Further to earlier regulatory directives on the subject. the Bank hereby wishes to remind regulated institutions that dealing in crypto currencios or facilitating payments for cryptocurency exchanges is prohibited.

Accordingly, all DMBs, NBFls and OFls are directed to identifly persons andior entties transacting in or operating crypto currency exchanges within their systems and ensure that such accounts ara closed immediately

Please note that breaches of this directive will attract severe regulatory sanctions.

This letter is with immediate effect.

Yours faithfully

BELLO HASSAN

MUSALHMOH

DIRECTOR PAYMENTS SYSTEM

MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT

DIRECTOR OF BANKING SUPERVISION

Wclick to see more pictures about this
https://www.deragists.com/2021/02/we-want-our-crypto-bank-cbn-nigeria.html?m=1

hat is your take on this? Should they revert their change? Do you think cryptocurrency is yahoo? Drop your opinion in comment section in that click to see more pictures which is my blog❤️

Always subscribe to get notified of any latest updates
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Sazzy07(m): 3:50pm On Feb 05, 2021
It's rather shocking though.
Yet still they want us to adopt cashless policy
I laugh in pidgin
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Okogiemikejr(m): 3:50pm On Feb 05, 2021
SeunAdeniyi1:
People like Patricia go cry this year o. grin

It was high time the government ban crypto exchanges. It is one of the things killing our useless naira. People would rather store their funds in bitcoin and co. than to store it in naira.
Are you normal?So your precious naira is been killed by crypto,na who pay for your education I pity.

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 05, 2021
Hotice085:
... Covid19 has impacted bizness globally same with our every day lives, you are here still talking about seeing physically d person... You are a cave man, SATOSHI long saw ahead of you and ur kinds

So this is in this country, where fraud is the order of the day you want me to send my btc to someone i don't know online.

Maybe your head is paining you.

I rather be a cave man than send my btc to an unknown person disguising as an exchanger.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by highskies(m): 3:54pm On Feb 05, 2021
This government has lost the plot
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by payne4real(m): 3:55pm On Feb 05, 2021
We will overcome
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Yankee101: 3:57pm On Feb 05, 2021
I've always thought it foolhardy to do any crypto transactions with a Nigerian exchange. Security and regulation are not on your side. Maybe I'll launch one from the US here and market in nigeria

3 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by AskProf: 3:57pm On Feb 05, 2021
Vistra40:

What has EndSARS got to do with cryptocurrency oga? Do you have sense at all?

I am keenly waiting the answer to the question.
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by authority2006(m): 3:58pm On Feb 05, 2021
softset:
I have always said it that this government is run by insane people. How could you just wake up and make such a decision?

I won't blame them, next election, if you like collect 5000 you will get worse treatment.

Look at NIN, some idiot just woke up and made a decision without putting lots of things into consideration, so I arrive Nigeria now with no way to get a phone number. Many government decisions are never thought through.

We deserve better than what we are getting, Nigerians are smart people, we should never settle for less , mediocrity should not be an option when choosing leaders.

I apologize for being part of those that encouraged people to vote for Buhari during the first election, I encouraged over 80 of my employees in Lagos to vote for him, I thought he was the messiah. I later realized that this man really has nothing much to offer. Someone that thinks today is Monday

Vote for whoever you want next time and stop disturbing us rants
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by fowlyansh181(m): 4:00pm On Feb 05, 2021
Nerro042:

I totally understand what you mean about the fraud part and that's really smart of you i like it. The explanation full my head but i don't know how to write it down. Anyway take care man
i swear I like your way
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Daniwak: 4:00pm On Feb 05, 2021
Vistra40:

What has EndSARS got to do with cryptocurrency oga? Do you have sense at all?
u are d one who don't have sense because if u follow news lately, you'll understand why dat poster said so

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by einsteine(m): 4:02pm On Feb 05, 2021
excellence44:

Wrong?
In the SR, eg as an importer who needs btc to buy from India between now and thursday, what will you do? You'll be forced to go through official channel pending when alternative can be device to beat this policy.
Mind you I said in the short run.

You obviously don't know anything about cryptotrading.

If someone buys crypto from me, how does the CBN knows the person bought from me?

Most trading of large sizes are done off exchanges between individual parties so this policy cannot prevent that.

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Dharniel600(m): 4:02pm On Feb 05, 2021
I still don't understand. I funded my Luno account to buy Ethereum this afternoon and it was successful. Make CBN no just try rubbish o
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by RX480(m): 4:02pm On Feb 05, 2021
Very useless set of people running this country

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 05, 2021
Luno comes to mind
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by sherylbaky(f): 4:04pm On Feb 05, 2021
SmartPolician:
There's nothing like going back to the Stone age.

Every government wants to control all the financial activities happening its jurisdiction.

The government, through the CBN, is flushing out cryptocurrencies because it is decentralized, so there's no room for third-party interference.

Besides, much of the illegal transactions on the dark web are paid for using cryptos because crypto-asset transactions are untraceable.
Glad to read this, after many comments...At least someone finally understand... great

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 / Football Betting Season 4 / Who Are The Top Ten Richest People In Nigeria Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.