Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,854 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts - Business (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts (96166 Views)

Over 91 Million Bank Accounts At Risk Of Deactivation As CBN's BVN/NIN Deadline / CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts / More Bank Accounts To Be Shut As CBN Issues Strict BVN Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by macrodata(m): 5:43pm On Feb 05, 2021
SeunAdeniyi1:
People like Patricia go cry this year o. grin

It was high time the government ban crypto exchanges. It is one of the things killing our useless naira. People would rather store their funds in bitcoin and co. than to store it in naira.
You have no idea what you're talking about. Are you an economist? The little knowledge you have is not enough to make such assertion.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by just2endowed: 5:46pm On Feb 05, 2021
cbn is about to devalue the useless currency self....so they dont want anyone to convert to stable assets...lol

welcome to nigeria

2 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Harmlesspill(m): 5:46pm On Feb 05, 2021
I'm going mad right now.
Someone sent me money from abroad since morning and the said account is linked with my luno.
And since morning, I'm yet to receive alert!.
I don't know,, could this be the curse??
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by just2endowed: 5:47pm On Feb 05, 2021
SeunAdeniyi1:

It was high time the government ban crypto exchanges. It is one of the things killing our useless naira. People would rather store their funds in bitcoin and co. than to store it in naira.

do you know that cbn is about to devalue the naira again?
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by just2endowed: 5:47pm On Feb 05, 2021
Harmlesspill:
I'm going mad right now.
Someone sent me money from abroad since morning and the said account is linked with my luno.
I don't know,, could this be the course??

no
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by CooldudeX1: 5:47pm On Feb 05, 2021
Nerro042:

Seems like you know absolutely nothing about crypto man wow. About thirty to forty minutes ago i sold 57k worth of bitcoin to my guy Jack who is a vendor the rate was 477 per dollar. Now he sent me the money from his bank account to mine via a simple transfer. Now cbn can't stop bank transfers or know what the transfer was for that's simply p2p in a nutshell. So long as crypto wallets are still here only God in heaven can stop the trade
The big question is "how reliable is Jack"? How are we sure that Jack will not wake up one day and vanish with our money?

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Tundex911: 5:48pm On Feb 05, 2021
And some youth won't still get sense with all this shit this government dey do us...

Comes 2023, some youth go dey support this old men called cargoes
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by macrodata(m): 5:51pm On Feb 05, 2021
SeunAdeniyi1:
BAD BELLE!!
See intelligent conversation here, not this rubbish you wrote up there out of ignorance.

NiRfreak:
When you have wicked illiterate goats as leaders, why won't they frustrate citizens from making money through innovative legitimate means they don't understand....Meanwhile they steal our money everyday through illegal means..Awon oloshi.
The richest man in the world is investing and trading crypto currency. ...recently Elon Musk promoted Dogecoin by tweeting it on his page and people from all over the world made money from the uptrend of the coin that was generated through that sentimental analysis...I did too. Cos I sold my money stored in USDT to buy Dogecoin...in less than 24 hours...I made 50% of my money and cash out again by selling the Doge to buy USDT.
Most institutional investors in Europe and America, I'm talking of banks and corporate investor brokers are embracing crypto investment and moving their portfolios to buy and trade cryto.....even rich men in America and Europe, China are moving their investment stored in gold into cryptocurremcy..
It shall not be well with this government that is determined to plunge everyone into poverty...work no dey, business failing everyday cos government is not supportive....if you know what's up, govt directly or indirectly has hands in the collapse of MBaforex...and now they are frustrating crypto trading.
You see, if person no one do Yahoo cos u view it to be immoral, and u are also being frustrated from doing normal buying and selling of digital currency on the internet market...then maybe it's better for one to kuku resort to fraud or yahooyahoo... Useless government.!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by piagetskinner(m): 5:51pm On Feb 05, 2021
So what happens to our monies in crypto market?
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by macrodata(m): 5:52pm On Feb 05, 2021
Durchmann:
Wow!
Let's watch.
I trust Nigerians.
There would always be another channel to do crypto.
One month too much. I've already thought of a solution. They better ban telegram. The platform will soon explode.
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Curvinus(m): 5:52pm On Feb 05, 2021
Harmlesspill:
I'm going mad right now.
I don't know,, could this be the course??

Why not open an account on binance, use ecr option or OMNI to bind withdrawal address with luno wallet, then deposit your crypto and sell via p2p on binance.
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by MRFIXER001: 5:53pm On Feb 05, 2021
Nice one
softset:
I have always said it that this government is run by insane people. How could you just wake up and make such a decision?

I won't blame them, next election, if you like collect 5000 you will get worse treatment.

Look at NIN, some idiot just woke up and made a decision without putting lots of things into consideration, so I arrive Nigeria now with no way to get a phone number. Many government decisions are never thought through.

We deserve better than what we are getting, Nigerians are smart people, we should never settle for less , mediocrity should not be an option when choosing leaders.

I apologize for being part of those that encouraged people to vote for Buhari during the first election, I encouraged over 80 of my employees in Lagos to vote for him, I thought he was the messiah. I later realized that this man really has nothing much to offer. Someone that thinks today is Monday
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by id911(m): 5:53pm On Feb 05, 2021
PerfectlyPerfect:

I'm a web developer and, due to the useless policies of the CBN, it's now very difficult to receive funds from my foreign clientele. Recently, I've been using crypto as a fall-back and with this new useless policy I'll be affected. This is the same for plenty other people. I have friends who pay for goods with bitcoin because it's faster and the charges are negligible.
This useless government enacts policies to frustrate the masses, including U and I
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Harmlesspill(m): 5:56pm On Feb 05, 2021
Curvinus:

Why not open an account on binance, use ecr option to bind withdrawal address with luno wallet, then deposit your crypto and sell via p2p.

Please enlighten me more on this.

Check your email
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Kubernetes: 5:58pm On Feb 05, 2021
piagetskinner:
So what happens to our monies in crypto market?

How about if you continue with Luna app?
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by ibkayee(f): 5:59pm On Feb 05, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
My love, my babymama
Uncle you still haven't told me who you are
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Curvinus(m): 6:01pm On Feb 05, 2021
Naija which way nah.

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by privaldo: 6:05pm On Feb 05, 2021
Murketeer:

P2P?... that's selling to a vendor and getting your money I guess?

Exactly
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by yaki84: 6:05pm On Feb 05, 2021
NiRfreak:
When you have wicked illiterate goats as leaders, why won't they frustrate citizens from making money through innovative legitimate means they don't understand....Meanwhile they steal our money everyday through illegal means..Awon oloshi.
The richest man in the world is investing and trading crypto currency. ...recently Elon Musk promoted Dogecoin by tweeting it on his page and people from all over the world made money from the uptrend of the coin that was generated through that sentimental analysis...I did too. Cos I sold my money stored in USDT to buy Dogecoin...in less than 24 hours...I made 50% of my money and cash out again by selling the Doge to buy USDT.
Most institutional investors in Europe and America, I'm talking of banks and corporate investor brokers are embracing crypto investment and moving their portfolios to buy and trade cryto.....even rich men in America and Europe, China are moving their investment stored in gold into cryptocurremcy..
It shall not be well with this government that is determined to plunge everyone into poverty...work no dey, business failing everyday cos government is not supportive....if you know what's up, govt directly or indirectly has hands in the collapse of MBaforex...and now they are frustrating crypto trading.
You see, if person no one do Yahoo cos u view it to be immoral, and u are also being frustrated from doing normal buying and selling of digital currency on the internet market...then maybe it's better for one to kuku resort to fraud or yahooyahoo... Useless government.!!!!!!!
Buhari want u to apply for trader moni.
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Uniique(m): 6:05pm On Feb 05, 2021
SeunAdeniyi1:

Will u keep kwayet
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Goalnaldo(m): 6:09pm On Feb 05, 2021
Vistra40:

What has EndSARS got to do with cryptocurrency oga? Do you have sense at all?
What he said it's true. Don't be quick to attack people. The FG believed that the end SARS protests were funded through crypto currency

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by pijay(m): 6:10pm On Feb 05, 2021
If you want to sell your Bitcoins or Ethereums, I am here to buy ooh. Since your bank will soon block your account number. We will negotiate then you will sell it.
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Goodman247: 6:11pm On Feb 05, 2021
Let the exchangers take the stupid federal govt and cbn to court

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Curvinus(m): 6:12pm On Feb 05, 2021
Harmlesspill:
Please enlighten me more on this.

Check your email

First you need to register on Binance.com with your international passport and enable all the google security protocols. Then go to the drop down menu on the top right, click on overview, wallet. Then click on deposit and select the crypto you want to deposit. Select one of the options, either ECR or OMNI. It will generate an address. Copy the address, then go to your Luno wallet and click on withdraw. Paste the address you copied there, ensurng that you use the same withdrawal network (ECR or OMNI). Your coins will land on binance in about 10 minutes. Then move to p2p account.
Go to the drop down menu agai and click buy crypto, select p2p trading andbthen the coyn youbwsnt to sell. Find a buyer who wantsbto pay the highest and dump it on him after you've confirmed receipt of your funds in your mobile banking app. Im going to send you step by step screenshot on whatsapp. I hope your number is included in the mail you sent me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by DESTROTECH(m): 6:14pm On Feb 05, 2021
Pls When making payments avoid using crypto terms( BTC , ETH, Giftcards etc) as narration,,, just use ur nickname or brand

Am available buying Bitcoin and Giftcard

#GOD_ PASS_THEM
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by DESTROTECH(m): 6:16pm On Feb 05, 2021
SeunAdeniyi1:

What are u saying?

That crypto is the problem Naira is falling pity u

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by coolakins(m): 6:17pm On Feb 05, 2021
softset:
I have always said it that this government is run by insane people. How could you just wake up and make such a decision?

I won't blame them, next election, if you like collect 5000 you will get worse treatment.

Look at NIN, some idiot just woke up and made a decision without putting lots of things into consideration, so I arrive Nigeria now with no way to get a phone number. Many government decisions are never thought through.

We deserve better than what we are getting, Nigerians are smart people, we should never settle for less , mediocrity should not be an option when choosing leaders.

I apologize for being part of those that encouraged people to vote for Buhari during the first election, I encouraged over 80 of my employees in Lagos to vote for him, I thought he was the messiah. I later realized that this man really has nothing much to offer. Someone that thinks today is Monday

Not all Nigerians are smart as a matter of fact. I can say that a lot of Nigerians are actually asinine.

On the issue of Buhari... yes, he didn't perform up to expectations and he is found wanting in a lot critical areas, most especially security and appointments. So, yes, we deserve better but who can do better? It takes the effort of all Nigerians to make this country better and not just one inconsequential man. A lot of Nigerians are badly behaved and with such orientation, we will continue to dream of a good country till we all pass away.

On the other hand, I am beginning to lose interest in one Nigeria any further, I am beginning to feel we are nearing splitting up this country for good. We have so much problems now than ever before.
Which way forward...?
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Coinbased: 6:18pm On Feb 05, 2021
Lol
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by piagetskinner(m): 6:18pm On Feb 05, 2021
Kubernetes:

How about if you continue with Luna app?

Na question me sef de ask na.. what’s going on.?

The government is so useless

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by AntiNigerian: 6:19pm On Feb 05, 2021
FBIBOT:
What the Bleep is this now... Do these guys have sense like this? One of my hustle gone down the drain crypto arbitrary trading is bae... Crying
abeg how you take dey run am?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Buzx: 6:20pm On Feb 05, 2021
heendrix:

Boss abeg me I wan buy nii so it's hard to buy to at the moment??

No. Transactions are still going on. You can still buy and withdraw for now.

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Harmlesspill(m): 6:20pm On Feb 05, 2021
doxijaw:
So many legit crypto traders are now going to suffer along because of illegal yahoo crypto scammers.

If you still don't hate yahoo boy's and what they've done to this country, you need psychological help
You sound so awkward ...
Yahoo guys are all over the world.
Go to Philippine, Thailand, Ghana, everywhere.
Is the Nigerian Government Trying to bring sanity?
Of course you know the answer.
Our politicians are busy sending our money overseas, and you're busy saying trash about Yahoo guys that what they're doing doesn't have a fucking effect on our economy.
I'm not a Yahoo guy buh I don't support the move of the most useless government in the world

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 / Football Betting Season 4 / Starting Up A Filling Station: How Much Capital Is Needed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.