Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,951 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts - Business (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts (96186 Views)

Over 91 Million Bank Accounts At Risk Of Deactivation As CBN's BVN/NIN Deadline / CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts / More Bank Accounts To Be Shut As CBN Issues Strict BVN Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by baddosky1: 6:49pm On Feb 06, 2021
UncleKoboko:

shut up!

what about the osus?

R0chas, Amaechl etc are they yorubas?

Always think before you type.

E pain you! grin grin

Goan die

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by munachiso58(m): 7:18pm On Feb 06, 2021
does it mean Luno will be shot down entirely
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Rizin: 7:18pm On Feb 06, 2021
livinbygrace:

They ban crypto in Nigeria,for any smart guy,enter Cotonou or Ghana and do your thing then wire the money back to your account .Na now those countries go make better money from Nigerians

You are 100% right. Just watch how $1 will equal 700 naira in the next 6months.

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by munachiso58(m): 7:21pm On Feb 06, 2021
Rizin:

You are 100% right. Just watch how $1 will equal 700 naira in the next 6months.
I don't need to enter ghana just a phone call person go open a ghana bank account with his name but na me go Manage my account from here

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by expertix(m): 7:44pm On Feb 06, 2021
Vistra40:

What has EndSARS got to do with cryptocurrency oga? Do you have sense at all?
Most of the moneies transfered for endsars were through Crypto currency transactions, so couldn't trace the sources of the influx
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by munachiso58(m): 7:44pm On Feb 06, 2021
to deposit money into ur Luno acct is no longer working

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by pijay(m): 9:10pm On Feb 06, 2021
softguy1:

Are you not in Nigeria?
Yes I am in Nigeria. This is my email jep4real@yahoo.com
If you have Bitcoins or Ethereums to sell. I am here.
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Xeedee: 10:10am On Feb 07, 2021
$61 btc for sale. WhatsApp link below.

https:///s/6018ed2fee989
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Gennox: 11:03am On Feb 07, 2021
Xeedee:
$61 btc for sale. WhatsApp link below.

https:///s/6018ed2fee989

5 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by itslinkin4005(m): 12:49pm On Feb 07, 2021
Sorry for late reply ,just find a legit source to do p2p(peer to peer)
heendrix:

Boss yarn me abeg na buy me wan buy ni
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Lucque: 4:11pm On Feb 07, 2021
Please whoever wants help withdrawing their funds from luno or binance...hit me up

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by lymelyte(m): 12:45am On Feb 08, 2021
CryptoRepublic1:
African leaders are the most short sighted set of people on earth,they should've embraced the blockchain technology but no they're not, the future is in the blockchain technology and it's going to be one of those kind of situations of he who controls bitcoin controls the future economic,when btc was selling for under 3k they should've bought it all up but they didn't,I can see Nigeria economic growth shorting down by inflation very soon and I think that every rich Nigerians should be busy putting all their money into btc and other cryptocurrencies asap.

Africa is a total failure.
west africa is a total failure. Emphasize west africa pls
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by israelsteve13: 2:42am On Feb 08, 2021
There are many ways to still trade bitcoin whilst in Nigeria, so do not fret guys, i have update and am not asking for money... just share one post from this website comment and send the screen shot to this number on whatsapp and get your updates.
http://showerspaint.com/2021/02/07/5-common-tips-for-solving-issues-related-to-blistering-flaking-chalking-and-more/

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by evil1: 8:17pm On Feb 08, 2021
douchesnozzle:

The charges in crypto currency transactions is far higher than what d bank will charge. The major selling point for crypto currency is the volatility and anonymous nature of the transactions.

Depends on the exchange patform you are using.
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by KNGMufasa: 8:56pm On Feb 11, 2021
NiRfreak:

I follow a lot of cryptocurremcy news channel, both on YouTube, Twitter and telegram ...and I also Google crypto stuffs from internet and read books about technical Analysis

Thanks man. So many channels flood the internet today that it could get confusing... could you make any helpful recommendations?

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by AlphaSoul: 1:16am On Feb 23, 2021
lalasticlala:
CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts

"February 5, 2021

LETTER TO ALL DEPOSIT MONEY BANKS, NON-BANK FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS AND OTHER FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS

The Central of Bank of Nigeria's (CBN) circular of January 12, 2017 ref FPR/DIR/GEN/C1R,06/010 which cautioned Deposit Money Banks (DMBs), Non-Bank Financial Institutions (NBFIs), Other Financial Institutions (OFIs) and members of the pubic so the risk associated with transactions In crypto currency refers.

Father to earlier regulatory directives on the subject, the Bank hereby wishes to remind regulated institutions that dealing in crypto curencies or facilitating payments for cryptocurrency exchanges is prohibited. Accordingly, all DMBs.

NBFIs and OFIs are directed to identify persons and/or entities transacting in or operating crypto currency exchanges within tier systemsand ensure that such accounts are closed immediately. Please note that breaches of this directive will attract severe regulatory sanctions. This letter is with immediate effect."

Osaretin Victor Asemota @asemota shared it on Twitter and wrote:

https://twitter.com/asemota/status/1357647685801676802

A Twitter user, Futurist @nathaniel_luz, reacted:

https://twitter.com/nathaniel_luz/status/1357648314016096256?s=19
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by munachiso58(m): 3:03pm On Feb 23, 2021
munachiso58:
to deposit money into ur Luno acct is no longer working
yes i know
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Fabulouslouie(m): 4:23pm On Feb 24, 2021
munachiso58:
yes i know

If you wanna buy NGN on binance, I can sell to you. Check my signature
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Fabulouslouie(m): 4:24pm On Feb 24, 2021
pijay:

Yes I am in Nigeria. This is my email jep4real@yahoo.com
If you have Bitcoins or Ethereums to sell. I am here.

₦10k NGN for sale on Binance... Check my signature for number
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by nittly(m): 12:40pm On Feb 25, 2021
Fabulouslouie:

₦10k NGN for sale on Binance... Check my signature for number
Ready for the deal Coin before payment..... agree?
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Fabulouslouie(m): 11:36pm On Feb 26, 2021
nittly:
Ready for the deal Coin before payment..... agree?
You think say na pikin u dey follow Yan?
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by nittly(m): 7:43am On Feb 27, 2021
Fabulouslouie:
You think say na pikin u dey follow Yan?
lol, you also think say na mugu wan pay money for you?, I didn't need your NGN again. p2p on bi.nan.ce is secure than here!!!!!
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Fabulouslouie(m): 9:56am On Feb 27, 2021
nittly:
lol, you also think say na mugu wan pay money for you?, I didn't need your NGN again. p2p on bi.nan.ce is secure than here!!!!!
you're a plonker
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by cosycee(m): 2:49pm On Apr 22, 2021
Please How can one transfer bnb from Roqqu to Binance �

teacherbim:

Honestly I still do not understand,I have Etherium and I just invested in bnb on roqqu,I'm confused
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by jamin006: 8:41am On Apr 28, 2021
The news came as a surprise to most Nigerians. However, Nigeria youths are always ahead when it comes to technology.

In the last couple of weeks, most P2P Telegram and Whatsapp groups became more active because crypto traders had to resort to Peer to Peer trading to fund their wallet and also withdraw from their crypto accounts.

However, a good number of crypto exchanges have also integrated the peer to peer feature which makes it easy for traders to buy and sell Crypto assets.

Personally, I have been using [url]Quidax.com[/url] to fund my crypto wallet and also withdraw from my crypto account. Quidax platform is easy to navigate and their support is top notch.

However, you are required to do your level 3 verification before you can use Quidax P2P platform.

Details can be found here : https://blog.quidax.com/make-way-p2p-is-live-on-quidax/
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by hectortwede: 11:38am On Nov 03, 2021
I think it's quite interesting. A debit card for payments with bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is not much different from ordinary cards linked to fiat currencies.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 / Football Betting Season 4 / Starting Up A Filling Station: How Much Capital Is Needed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.