Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts - Business (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts (96154 Views)

Over 91 Million Bank Accounts At Risk Of Deactivation As CBN's BVN/NIN Deadline / CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts / More Bank Accounts To Be Shut As CBN Issues Strict BVN Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Murketeer: 9:32pm On Feb 05, 2021
Raph3177:
When i saw this news I panicked and rushed straight to binance and sold all my asset before it becomes impossible to get my money out. He pain me I sold at cheap rates
Lol ..you didnt know it doesn't affect peer to peer transfers

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by UKBobo(m): 9:35pm On Feb 05, 2021
[
I apologize for being part of those that encouraged people to vote for Buhari during the first election, I encouraged over 80 of my employees in Lagos to vote for him, I thought he was the messiah. I later realized that this man really has nothing much to offer. Someone that thinks today is Monday[/quote]

Did you not spend time to research his first spell in charge to see how successful he was grin grin grin

What was it that you saw from 1988-2015 that convinced you that he had acquired new skills and a new progressive mindset?
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by softguy1: 9:38pm On Feb 05, 2021
pijay:
If you want to sell your Bitcoins or Ethereums, I am here to buy ooh. Since your bank will soon block your account number. We will negotiate then you will sell it.

Are you not in Nigeria?
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by 4ckTOT0: 9:58pm On Feb 05, 2021
Frstem:
Vendors won't make money again.

This is sad news though!!!
no it is not. cbn cant regulate it. i have been into this from the begining of localbitcoins and i know how this works china usa etc tried it and failed. these are high tech countries with statistics of every citizen. no be naija wey no fit generate niin go ban crypto

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by U1(m): 10:03pm On Feb 05, 2021
Yeah, we know that no political party in Nigeria (especially the big two) can be trusted. But if I hear APC from anyone come 2023, God granting, na wahala for them o.

The party and the leading people in it ought to be consigned to the bottomless pit of ignominy. Never to be reckoned with in the country's polity ever again!

To think I believed in this PMB and almost voted for him that year (2015) but was unable to do so because I changed location. I practically "supported" him back then. SMH.

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Sheriman(m): 10:05pm On Feb 05, 2021
teacherbim:

Honestly I still do not understand,I have Etherium and I just invested in bnb on roqqu,I'm confused
Nothing will do your money in there only that you will not be allow to withdraw or fund it if you wish

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by teacherbim(f): 10:07pm On Feb 05, 2021
Sheriman:

Nothing will do your money in there only that you will not be allow to withdraw or fund it if you wish
Gawd, that means I can't even invest more or withdraw,I pray they lift the ban, thanks.
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Deicide: 10:19pm On Feb 05, 2021
Why CBN day end letter with yours faithfully?
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by rolams(m): 10:26pm On Feb 05, 2021
SmartPolician:
There's nothing like going back to the Stone age.

Every government wants to control all the financial activities happening its jurisdiction.

The government, through the CBN, is flushing out cryptocurrencies because it is decentralized, so there's no room for third-party interference.

Besides, much of the illegal transactions on the dark web are paid for using cryptos because crypto-asset transactions are untraceable.

You are not smart at all. Do you know the numbers of Nigerians that will suffer the consequence? What is the essence of KYC? What is the job of SEC? Can't there be a legal framework?
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by gambit24: 10:27pm On Feb 05, 2021
Mrbillionaire:

You're better sell your Ctypto for Naira fast before it's too late
Mr thousandnia please $h**t the f**k up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:44pm On Feb 05, 2021
This is pure fuckery...

Please someone should tell me this is a joke.
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Noah13: 10:47pm On Feb 05, 2021
mmsen:
Of all the things that they are worried about.

You can tell that all these people want is for the people to shut up, live a miserable existence, suffer all manner of injustice and humiliation, waste their spare time (and money) in church or the mosque and then die a painful yet preventable death.
This is way too detailed
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Necksonnel: 10:59pm On Feb 05, 2021
SeunAdeniyi1:
People like Patricia go cry this year o. grin

It was high time the government ban crypto exchanges. It is one of the things killing our useless naira. People would rather store their funds in bitcoin and co. than to store it in naira.

Stop saying what you don't know. Is nigeria the only country using cryto. Nigerian government kill naira. They devalue our naira currency to the extent that it doesn't make sense anymore. Then people start looking for alternatives to store their funds and bitcoin is the best to it. If you know about this things very well you will understand how bad it is for this country.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Nobody: 11:19pm On Feb 05, 2021
bcashy:

The country we find ourselves! embarassed

I just withdrew from binance now and i got the alert within 5 minutes but am sure maybe starting from next week.....things
may change but there will always be a way out!
How much is binance commisions especially on those penny trades, hope it's fair enough. I have verified account but never used it for once. I think I will have to be trading with them. I am not ready to withdraw, I will keep accumulating it until there is solutions.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Abdogood(m): 11:24pm On Feb 05, 2021
They same leaders will come back in 2023 to seek you vote with 5k and alot of people here calling them different names will still vote for them. Wonderful con3

2 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Raph3177(m): 12:04am On Feb 06, 2021
UncleKoboko:

Please
What's your take on Luno and binance price differences?
Why is Luno price usually higher?
Both are using slightly different exchange rate. While binance normally uses 480 luno might be using 483 so wen u times it with the crypto value in dollar u get the reason for the differences

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Tonytonex(m): 12:12am On Feb 06, 2021
softset:
I have always said it that this government is run by insane people. How could you just wake up and make such a decision?

I won't blame them, next election, if you like collect 5000 you will get worse treatment.

Look at NIN, some idiot just woke up and made a decision without putting lots of things into consideration, so I arrive Nigeria now with no way to get a phone number. Many government decisions are never thought through.

We deserve better than what we are getting, Nigerians are smart people, we should never settle for less , mediocrity should not be an option when choosing leaders.

I apologize for being part of those that encouraged people to vote for Buhari during the first election, I encouraged over 80 of my employees in Lagos to vote for him, I thought he was the messiah. I later realized that this man really has nothing much to offer. Someone that thinks today is Monday
you are part of the problem then. it's too late to cry.
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Hotice085: 12:16am On Feb 06, 2021
CooldudeX1:
The big question is "how reliable is Jack"? How are we sure that Jack will not wake up one day and vanish with our money?

Take ur chance with Jack instead of Nigeria government
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by macrodata(m): 12:18am On Feb 06, 2021
NiRfreak:

You are very stuiipid and idiotic....what has Nigerian done to attract foreign direct investment
...so crypto is the major reason why naira is falling ...oloriburuku ni e...how many companies do we have...how much do we generatr from international market... what has your government done to improve exportation in Nigeria...it shall not be well with you... oloriburuku.
so you know these things, instead of you to speak that the economy improve, you're supporting the ban of Crypto. Is this how you want to make $1=N1? You and Buhari are the oloriburuku. Thunder fire you there.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by doxijaw: 12:32am On Feb 06, 2021
They have all the time in the world to plan for uncertainties and organise around specifics, but no, na to dey post nonesense up and down, talking about stupid stuff constantly.
When una tell them to be pro active and group think, they say no.

Una never see anything yet, just wait till 2030.
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by AntiNigerian: 12:46am On Feb 06, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You just keep mentioning different names.

Yes ripple is cheaper to send, there are thousands of coins that are cheaper to send but Who uses them for transaction?

Bitcoin is the ultimate coin and the coin that people use for transactions, even if you want ripple or tron, you still need to get btc first.

To transfer your btc to the exchanges is expensive especially on weekdays because of network fees
bullshit! I don't need BTC to get XRP or Tron. Have you heard of USDT before? You don't need BTC either for that as well. BTC is a dinosaur, so why should I use that? ETH is a rip off. Very few persons use USDT ERC 20 network that collects 3usdt($3) for transfer and Omni collects 11usdt($11) and TRC 20 network collects nothing and is faster than both. If I say send me BTC, I'll have to wait more than 20mins for transaction to be confirmed on the Blockchain as BTC uses proof of work and cannot handle more than 15-20 transactions per second due to the systems alignment and network protocol it has set. Tron uses proof of stake, can handle 2000+ transactions per second and USDT OVER TRC-20 has become a very popular demand. Just recently over 8billion USDT has been moved over TRC 20 network. You know why people are ditching ERC 20 for TRC 20? TRC 20 network for USDT is 10× faster than that of ERC 20 and costs $0(0 USDT) as sending fees. XRP has similar mediums to that, can handle up to 3000 or more transactions per second and it's the 4th largest crypto in the world. XRP and USDT OVER TRC-20 and Tron can be used for arbitrage trading. Good luck doing arbitrage trading with bitcoin. Maybe you may be restricted to 4 transactions per hour cheesy grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Nobody: 1:15am On Feb 06, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You just keep mentioning different names.

Yes ripple is cheaper to send, there are thousands of coins that are cheaper to send but Who uses them for transaction?

Bitcoin is the ultimate coin and the coin that people use for transactions, even if you want ripple or tron, you still need to get btc first.

To transfer your btc to the exchanges is expensive especially on weekdays because of network fees
It looks like you're very uneducated on how cryptocurrencies work. Go do more research dude instead of spewing your illiteracy here.

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Damsellady(f): 1:42am On Feb 06, 2021
grossintel:
No your Crypto is safe with you, what this means is you can't use exchanges to withdraw back to your Naira. So to sell your crypto you have to go through someone who will buy from you and give you Naira. Not going through Luno or Patricia because they are banned from today. I suggest you get a Crypto card from Binance and you can withdraw directly with an ATM anywhere.

Please I have just two questions
1) Can i use my Nigeria atm card to deposit into my luno?

2) Can i sell my btc on luno and allow luno pay the money into my Nigeria acct
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by g4gerald: 4:36am On Feb 06, 2021
NiRfreak:
When you have wicked illiterate goats as leaders, why won't they frustrate citizens from making money through innovative legitimate means they don't understand....Meanwhile they steal our money everyday through illegal means..Awon oloshi.
The richest man in the world is investing and trading crypto currency. ...recently Elon Musk promoted Dogecoin by tweeting it on his page and people from all over the world made money from the uptrend of the coin that was generated through that sentimental analysis...I did too. Cos I sold my money stored in USDT to buy Dogecoin...in less than 24 hours...I made 50% of my money and cash out again by selling the Doge to buy USDT.
Most institutional investors in Europe and America, I'm talking of banks and corporate investor brokers are embracing crypto investment and moving their portfolios to buy and trade cryto.....even rich men in America and Europe, China are moving their investment stored in gold into cryptocurremcy..
It shall not be well with this government that is determined to plunge everyone into poverty...work no dey, business failing everyday cos government is not supportive....if you know what's up, govt directly or indirectly has hands in the collapse of MBaforex...and now they are frustrating crypto trading.
You see, if person no one do Yahoo cos u view it to be immoral, and u are also being frustrated from doing normal buying and selling of digital currency on the internet market...then maybe it's better for one to kuku resort to fraud or yahooyahoo... Useless government.!!!!!!!
Bros even in the yahoo yahoo u still nid crpto
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Ouzidi77(m): 4:56am On Feb 06, 2021
Abeg what is an alternative way.. I like to knw..
4ckTOT0:
no it is not. cbn cant regulate it. i have been into this from the begining of localbitcoins and i know how this works china usa etc tried it and failed. these are high tech countries with statistics of every citizen. no be naija wey no fit generate niin go ban crypto
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Ouzidi77(m): 4:58am On Feb 06, 2021
Please what are the alternative ways to get crypto.... Apart from the telegram kind of p2p..
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by DollarBuddy: 5:42am On Feb 06, 2021
baddosky1:

Fixed!

heheheheeeee!! Very true bro. those people are so funny. Anyway, hunger, suffering and insecurity knows no tribe, religion or political party.

Everybody dey collect!
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Adaptsnews(m): 6:07am On Feb 06, 2021
Even though Cryptocurrencies have been banned in Nigeria, what is the way forward now? Should we stop trading Cryptocurrencies in Nigeria. Bitcoin chief talks about a solution to this trick played by CBN.

READ: https://www.adaptsnews.com/2021/02/cbn-bans-trading-of-cryptocurrencies-in.html?m=1
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Adaptsnews(m): 6:10am On Feb 06, 2021
DollarBuddy:

heheheheeeee!! Very true bro. those people are so funny. Anyway, hunger, suffering and insecurity knows no tribe, religion or political party.

Everybody dey collect!

Lol �� �✌️

My brother, you are demn right. Hunger and poverty no one Sabi who be who. ��

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Adaptsnews(m): 6:14am On Feb 06, 2021
U1:
Yeah, we know that no political party in Nigeria (especially the big two) can be trusted. But if I hear APC from anyone come 2023, God granting, na wahala for them o.

The party and the leading people in it out to be consigned to bottomless pit of ignominy. Never to be reckoned with in the country's polity ever again!

To think I believed in this PMB and almost voted for him that year (2015) but was unable to do so because I changed location. I practically "supported" him back then. SMH.

My brother, the bad leadership is killing us badly. When I saw the news of Cryptocurrency ban yesterday, I was flabbergasted and disappointed to the core. Omoh, may we never make this mistake of bad leadership ever in Nigeria.
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by tosinet(m): 6:21am On Feb 06, 2021
The govt have been working sleeplessly on finding way to lock down and gag the younger generation since the endsars protest.

Accounts of individuals were frozen arbitrarily even before rushing to get a court to back their action.

We've been having security challenges for years now and no action on tracing of these criminals but what's the govt's response to voice of dissent from the masses, the govt suddenly woke up from siesta that all sim numbers must be linked to NIN to enable monitor calls.

Much of the international financial support towards this movement came through the use of crypto currency, hence the sudden response to prohibit banks from carrying out financial transactions linked to crypto currency.

Watch out for more govt/politician's moves to keep the masses under lock and bondage. Part of which includes summary arrests, govt backed impunity from forces, govt backed insurrection and criminality.

Govt that has no response to all manners of criminality perpetrated by the emboldened herdsmen suddenly woke up to outlaw self defense against these criminals. I know if pushing comes to shove, the military will overthrow the edited democracy we currently operate.

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:23am On Feb 06, 2021
SilverNorGold:

Exactly, my brother.
So they decided to punish you for the activities of Endsars.
Why didn't they ask for the account of Endsars people alone to be closed? Why paint everybody with same brush

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 / Football Betting Season 4 / Starting Up A Filling Station: How Much Capital Is Needed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.