Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts - Business (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts (96183 Views)

Over 91 Million Bank Accounts At Risk Of Deactivation As CBN's BVN/NIN Deadline / CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts / More Bank Accounts To Be Shut As CBN Issues Strict BVN Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by U1(m): 7:29am On Feb 06, 2021
Abdogood:
They same leaders will come back in 2023 to seek you vote with 5k and alot of people here calling them different names will still vote for them. Wonderful con3

I'm not sure. I don't think the people unleashing their frustration here are the type to buy their vote with 5k. Think again.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by webizone(m): 7:29am On Feb 06, 2021
softset:
I have always said it that this government is run by insane people. How could you just wake up and make such a decision?

I won't blame them, next election, if you like collect 5000 you will get worse treatment.

Look at NIN, some idiot just woke up and made a decision without putting lots of things into consideration, so I arrive Nigeria now with no way to get a phone number. Many government decisions are never thought through.

We deserve better than what we are getting, Nigerians are smart people, we should never settle for less , mediocrity should not be an option when choosing leaders.

I apologize for being part of those that encouraged people to vote for Buhari during the first election, I encouraged over 80 of my employees in Lagos to vote for him, I thought he was the messiah. I later realized that this man really has nothing much to offer. Someone that thinks today is Monday

You won't say you weren't warned before and during the first election. How you could think that someone like him can do anything good beats me. In fact, just stop. You have shown poor judgement skills already. How are we sure that you wouldn't elect another stupid person next election?

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by CryptoRepublic1: 7:42am On Feb 06, 2021
African leaders are the most short sighted set of people on earth,they should've embraced the blockchain technology but no they're not, the future is in the blockchain technology and it's going to be one of those kind of situations of he who controls bitcoin controls the future economic,when btc was selling for under 3k they should've bought it all up but they didn't,I can see Nigeria economic growth shorting down by inflation very soon and I think that every rich Nigerians should be busy putting all their money into btc and other cryptocurrencies asap.

Africa is a total failure.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by winnah(f): 7:45am On Feb 06, 2021
Can I tell you something bro? That FX policy wasn't a bad idea at all. People are still receiving money abroad. The truth is that you ain't going to receive directly to ur naira account. It's either you get the dollars or u receive it into your domiciliary account.
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Nobody: 8:16am On Feb 06, 2021
Damsellady:

Please I have just two questions
1) Can i use my Nigeria atm card to deposit into my luno?

2) Can i sell my btc on luno and allow luno pay the money into my Nigeria acct
You may be able to do that now, but soon not anymore. Luno is an exchange, and CBN will close their bank account in Nigeria which will stop them from operating legally. So they have to exit Nigeria.

Modified: All crypto exchanges in Nigeria have stopped all activities, that was faster than I expected so your answer is now capital NO.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by livinbygrace: 8:27am On Feb 06, 2021
Necksonnel:

Stop saying what you don't know. Is nigeria the only country using cryto. Nigerian government kill naira. They devalue our naira currency to the extent that it doesn't make sense anymore. Then people start looking for alternatives to store their funds and bitcoin is the best to it. If you know about this things very well you will understand how bad it is for this country.

They ban crypto in Nigeria,for any smart guy,enter Cotonou or Ghana and do your thing then wire the money back to your account .Na now those countries go make better money from Nigerians
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 06, 2021
gambit24:
Mr thousandnia please $h**t the f**k up

Mad man
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by DEWKID(m): 8:42am On Feb 06, 2021
cbrezy:
DEWKID check this thread.

I just googled this post then login on nairaland saw that your mention opened it and if was same post you mentioned me
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by adewale4jesus: 8:44am On Feb 06, 2021
grossintel:
You may be able to do that now, but soon not anymore. Luno is an exchange, and CBN will close their bank account in Nigeria which will stop them from operating legally. So they have to exit Nigeria.
What of customers money with them
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Murketeer: 9:05am On Feb 06, 2021
teacherbim:

Gawd, that means I can't even invest more or withdraw,I pray they lift the ban, thanks.
Can't u sell to a vendor ...as well as buy from a vendor?
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Hassanmaye(m): 9:20am On Feb 06, 2021
capitalzero:

Exactly. Crypto is a threat to CBN, forex, stocks, bonds and other traditional financial institutions.
Criminals like drug barons also use crypto for money laundry.
If crypto overshadows traditional financial institutions, CBN will not able to make effective monetary and financial regulatory policy.
Also, wef with other world financial organisations is planning for great reset of currency. I do not know the detail.
You mean forex, stock, forex are traditional grin grin
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 06, 2021
adewale4jesus:

What of customers money with them
You can still access your crypto. It's just going to act like wallet.
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by PuristForest: 9:35am On Feb 06, 2021
Binance suspends NGN deposits. What will happen to existing funds in crypto wallets.

This only forces people that want to really trade to go to shadow markets. Nigerians are very creative and this will only make them get more creative.
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by PuristForest: 9:41am On Feb 06, 2021
PuristForest:
Binance suspends NGN deposits. What will happen to existing funds in crypto wallets.

This only forces people that want to really trade to go to shadow markets and get more creative.

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by einsteine(m): 9:46am On Feb 06, 2021
excellence44:

You obviously don't shit about crypto. Peer to peer will be effective only if there's an escrow service due to low level of trust. Again, how do expect crypto firms to transact base on p2p?
Think before you type.

Completely missing the point. Trade on Nairaland alone is worth tens of millions. People have been trading crypto without crypto firms. It is a decentralised market and majority of large trades are done peer to peer. If you don't know, learn.

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by MasterPDON: 10:07am On Feb 06, 2021
Will someone explain to me what the hell is going on
Nigeria's ban on crypto shouldn't affect crypto already in circulation, right?
How is dollar around 39.5k to 1BTC and naira is just around 17.7m?
Did the naira value just plummet down overnight?

Also, why is the chart on Luno in the last 24hrs bearish, and everywhere else, bullish?
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by DigitB: 10:27am On Feb 06, 2021
Dynamiq:

Bros, is localbitcoins still working well for Nigerians?

Yes it still works for Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by cbrezy(m): 10:55am On Feb 06, 2021
DEWKID:

I just googled this post then login on nairaland saw that your mention opened it and if was same post you mentioned me

Yeah Atiku just sent a message to Buhari administration that they should regulate it instead of trying to bring it down.
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by ifylouis: 11:06am On Feb 06, 2021
MasterPDON:
Will someone explain to me what the hell is going on
Nigeria's ban on crypto shouldn't affect crypto already in circulation, right?
How is dollar around 39.5k to 1BTC and naira is just around 17.7m?
Did the naira value just plummet down overnight?

Also, why is the chart on Luno in the last 24hrs bearish, and everywhere else, bullish?
Good question. Pls experts should provide an answer to this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by PuristForest: 11:09am On Feb 06, 2021
lots of people will move to localbitcoins.com or buy crypto from their forex platforms (brokers).
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by kingakaay: 11:39am On Feb 06, 2021
Some centralised exchanges would go down while some would stay up, new P2P and decentralised exchanges (DEX) would be born to capitalise on this development. DEX is still the future. https://achee.substack.com/p/cbn-vs-crypto-in-nigeria-the-end

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by AntiNigerian: 11:45am On Feb 06, 2021
FBIBOT:

It's simple just buying from cheaper source with credit/debit card and selling at higher price on other platform... I buy from binance.. And sell on quidax... That's no longer possible with this policy
which debit card you use because my zenith Bank no gree me
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Hassanmaye(m): 1:28pm On Feb 06, 2021
Nerro042:

Seems like you know absolutely nothing about crypto man wow. About thirty to forty minutes ago i sold 57k worth of bitcoin to my guy Jack who is a vendor the rate was 477 per dollar. Now he sent me the money from his bank account to mine via a simple transfer. Now cbn can't stop bank transfers or know what the transfer was for that's simply p2p in a nutshell. So long as crypto wallets are still here only God in heaven can stop the trade
You sold 57k and made the interest of how much?
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 3:16pm On Feb 06, 2021
id911:

Send me a Pm, I might have a job for you.
I've sent you a PM
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 06, 2021
The important question here is will apps like Luno survive? What do you advise, move the coins to another wallet?
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by UncleKoboko: 5:48pm On Feb 06, 2021
munachiso58:
pls oooo i hope luno app is not affected??
lol
Give me your findings please
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by UncleKoboko: 5:50pm On Feb 06, 2021
excellence44:

You obviously don't shit about crypto. Peer to peer will be effective only if there's an escrow service due to low level of trust. Again, how do expect crypto firms to transact base on p2p?
Think before you type.
And did Binance, luno etc tell you they are leaving?

1 Like

Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by UncleKoboko: 5:51pm On Feb 06, 2021
baddosky1:

Fixed!
or deh

what of osu ipob jews?
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by UncleKoboko: 5:53pm On Feb 06, 2021
baddosky1:

Funny thing is that Yorubas helped this Government to attain power in order to spite the Igbos...

Fastfoward to now...they are the ones at the receiving end! grin grin

Who voted more for Buhari apart from the core North? Yorubas

Which people are now suffering worst fate in the hands of Herdsmen after Benue and Plateau? Yorubas

Which tribe trades more in cryptocurrency in Nigeria? Yoruba

Now who will this news affect more? Definitely Yorubas

Wetin concern Emeka in Alaba Market or Ikechukwu in Onitsha main market with crypto!

Make they enjoy their CHANGE! cheesy cheesy grin grin

shut up!

what about the osus?

R0chas, Amaechl etc are they yorubas?

Always think before you type.
Re: CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts by munachiso58(m): 6:37pm On Feb 06, 2021
UncleKoboko:
lol Give me your findings please
luno is still working

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12 / Football Betting Season 4 / Starting Up A Filling Station: How Much Capital Is Needed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.