Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,109 members, 7,835,742 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype (5440 Views)

Nigerian Governors At UNDP Retreat In Kigali, Rwanda (Photos) / President Buhari Visits Kigali Genocide Memorial In Rwanda (Pictures) / Endsars: Situation At Berger Bus Stop. All BRT Bus Totally Burnt Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by Nato008(m): 3:27am On Feb 06, 2021
Aderr:
But he is right. Nigeria is no less incompetent than those other nonentity African countries he mentioned. They seem to be doing better only because they are small. Countries like China and don't India have existed far longer than Nigeria and other subsahara countries which are mere European recent creations.
yet again it comes down to incompetency... u say population, other climes that have imposed or done population control...moreover we never plan for the future here...is all about now now now..do we have sustainable development plans here, u say those countries have existed for long..yet the once were like us and the foundations for what the are were laid then so honestly do u think we have any foundation to build on
Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by Aderr: 6:17am On Feb 06, 2021
Nato008:

yet again it comes down to incompetency... u say population, other climes that have imposed or done population control...moreover we never plan for the future here...is all about now now now..do we have sustainable development plans here, u say those countries have existed for long..yet the once were like us and the foundations for what the are were laid then so honestly do u think we have any foundation to build on
China and India were poorer than Nigeria but even in their poverty then, they had structures in place.
And this is why they are developing fast today. But that is not to say they didn't go through similar problems to what we have today even for longer than we have.

But then, my argument is not about those countries but about the other African countries mentioned here. Those countries, like I said, are not more competently run than Nigeria. They seem better just because they're smaller. Take Ghana for example. Ghana is just 30m people. Why is it poor and dusty with all the oil and diamond and gold it has?
Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by Nobody: 6:24am On Feb 06, 2021
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

before year 2025 Mogadishu Somalia will pass Lagos in cities to live in. You think other African countries are sleeping like Nigerians and voting for criminals
You hit them with facts brah.

1 Like

Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by Nobody: 6:28am On Feb 06, 2021
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Please before you make noise go and visit these cities and see how organised they are. I have been to 17 African countries. Most African countries are more organised than Nigeria just look at Botswana in 2019 3800 Nigerians paid for Botswana residence permit in one year 100000 US dollar is in one year is for residential in one year. If Nigeria is so great why are the citizens paying 100000 US dollar for Botswana resident permit. What this means Nigerian pay about 48 million Naira for Botswana resident permit. Lagos is now number 30 Something city in Africa to live in

Just do the math 48 million Naira for each Nigeria x 3800 Nigerian in 2019.
Nigerians are not just paying the $100,000 for Botswana resident permit, but also the visa free countries they can travel to. Botswana has the fourth most powerful passport in Africa.
Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by Nobody: 6:31am On Feb 06, 2021
Osagyefo98:

The height Kigali, Windohek , Ghana, Cameroon And Bostwana has attained and do intend to attain, I doubt if Nigeria will beat them let alone reach such height in the next 60 years.
These countries now operate on another level, whereas What Nigeria is targeting as vision 2050 are what these cities are now operating and 10 years ahead of the vision 2050..
Anyone that understands the dynamics of economics and have the opportunity should migrate to these countries and meet their dream

See Windhoek, Namibia downtown that resembles some cities in Canada the op is underating. Forgot about pictures, watch the video live and direct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTGQ7oqQKdg
Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by Nato008(m): 6:40am On Feb 06, 2021
Aderr:
China and India were poorer than Nigeria but even in their poverty then, they had structures in place.
And this is why they are developing fast today. But that is not to say they didn't go through similar problems to what we have today even for longer than we have.

But then, my argument is not about those countries but about the other African countries mentioned here. Those countries, like I said, are not more competently run than Nigeria. They seem better just because they're smaller. Take Ghana for example. Ghana is just 30m people. Why is it poor and dusty with all the oil and diamond and gold it has?
using ur assertion... u do realise Ghana has most of the basic human facilities.... the have stable light..Egypt has..and it is really annoying if we keep using our population as a cover for our bad leadership, honestly each year govt keeps shifting there basic responsibility to citizens..light water road education... are all these caused by population too
Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by Nobody: 6:40am On Feb 06, 2021
Csami:
You can't boast about uninterrupted power supply for 24hrs and you're comparing this hellhole to civil countries?

Why would anyone in their right mind compare Nigeria without light to countries with steady uninterrupted power supply?
cry
Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by gaddafe(m): 7:04am On Feb 06, 2021
Cashsteady:
Still don't know the reason many Nigerians love to downgrade their country and tend to hype other countries...

Have watched videos of lots of African countries on YouTube mostly the over hyped R country with Namibia and bostwana.. Honestly I see nothing worth celebrating in this countries they all look like on over hyped piece of town.

Namibia is kinda a big country yet still has most of it's part underdeveloped.. Even the overyhped windohek that was probably developed by the German is still surrounded by slums.. Just a few expanse of the city is developed the rest are just bushes with good roads.. Same with the R country 50% of Kigali is slum and Kigali is not even better than Abuja in Nigeria but the media won't let us rest with hype..

The only Africa cities developed in my own opinion are

johansaburg
Nairobi
Cape Town
Abijan
Addis Ababa
Daa res Salem
Luanda
Lagos
Cairo
Pretoria
Algiers
kinasha
Accra

The rest Re just too overrated..

Bro forget about what you watched on TV. Namibia is more organised than Nigeria by far. If you have the cash try visiting there. You. Will be shocked.
Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by sweerychick(f): 7:12am On Feb 06, 2021
plaindealer:
Kigali is mostly a backward and underdeveloped place, just travel outside the city center and it's nothing but shanties.

The rest of Rwanda is underdeveloped, even more than half of Rwanda doesn't have access to electricity

Rwandan as a country, their economy is 42nd in Africa while Lagos, a state inside Nigeria is 5th largest, dozen's of positions ahead of poor Rwanda.

The silly and ignorant comparisons are mainly peddled by anti Nigerian people from the SE part of Nigeria.

It's Ignorance.
your shithole country Nigeria was disqualified from receiving covax vaccine due to the fact we don't have ordinary storage facilities simply put freezers for preservation, yet the same Rwanda you are running your dirty mouth to condemn was shortlisted. Who's the myopic Foo.l?? The sooner you realize that SE is not responsible for stupidity the best for you undecided

2 Likes

Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by AwkaFinest: 7:14am On Feb 06, 2021
Osagyefo98:
The height Kigali, Windohek , Ghana, Cameroon And Bostwana has attained and do intend to attain, I doubt if Nigeria will beat them let alone reach such height in the next 60 years.

These countries now operate on another level, whereas What Nigeria is targeting as vision 2050 are what these cities are now operating and 10 years ahead of the vision 2050..

Anyone that understands the dynamics of economics and have the opportunity should migrate to these countries and meet their dreams.

Ghana and Cameroon? You must be smoking cow shit!
Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by Nobody: 7:18am On Feb 06, 2021
AwkaFinest:

Yes Ghana and Cameroon, there are no unnecessary black spot there.
Well planned and organized.
Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by Nobody: 7:21am On Feb 06, 2021
gaddafe:

Bro forget about what you watched on TV. Namibia is more organised than Nigeria by far. If you have the cash try visiting there. You. Will be shocked.

Nigeria has a long way to go.

Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by thelinguist: 7:24am On Feb 06, 2021
edoairways:

They may not be better however they have some of the basic amenities needed by a country. Just as you have high influx of Beninoise and Togolese in Nigeria,so they have high influxs of Nigerians over there. Your currency has lost value at the Forex market.
Nigerians in Benin, have money and are doing business, togolese and benin for naija ddy hustle with Okada.

1 Like

Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by ruggedtimi(m): 7:54am On Feb 06, 2021
Cashsteady:
Still don't know the reason many Nigerians love to downgrade their country and tend to hype other countries...

Have watched videos of lots of African countries on YouTube mostly the over hyped R country with Namibia and bostwana.. Honestly I see nothing worth celebrating in this countries they all look like on over hyped piece of town.

Namibia is kinda a big country yet still has most of it's part underdeveloped.. Even the overyhped windohek that was probably developed by the German is still surrounded by slums.. Just a few expanse of the city is developed the rest are just bushes with good roads.. Same with the R country 50% of Kigali is slum and Kigali is not even better than Abuja in Nigeria but the media won't let us rest with hype..

johansaburg
Nairobi
Cape Town
Abijan
Addis Ababa
Daa res Salem
Luanda
Lagos
Cairo
Pretoria
Algiers
kinasha
Accra

guy remove Lagos from there....anything fine in Lagos ends @ lekki and ikoyi
Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by BENARI: 7:55am On Feb 06, 2021
plaindealer:
Kigali is mostly a backward and underdeveloped place, just travel outside the city center and it's nothing but shanties.

The rest of Rwanda is underdeveloped, even more than half of Rwanda doesn't have access to electricity

Rwandan as a country, their economy is 42nd in Africa while Lagos, a state inside Nigeria is 5th largest, dozen's of positions ahead of poor Rwanda.

The silly and ignorant comparisons are mainly peddled by anti Nigerian people from the SE part of Nigeria.

It's Ignorance.

Mr. Pro Nigeria I hope you're enjoying your Nigeria.
Talk about ignorance and being silly; everyone cant be like you and your people who see nothing wrong with a failed Nigeria.

I wonder where people who cant use thier brains come from and yet are quick to condemn those who unlike you choose to use thiers.
Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by ruggedtimi(m): 7:57am On Feb 06, 2021
AwkaFinest:

no know for cameroun...but see Ghana dey are better organized/developed compared to Nigeria( Good roads, well dress security personnel, Good power supply, 95% safe night life, low accident rate, good educational system...omo e plenty.)
Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by ruggedtimi(m): 8:01am On Feb 06, 2021
Aderr:

Population is not an accuse for Nigeria's wahala. Countries with high population are known for their strong military but Nigeria even for Africa list no dey first 4..
Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 06, 2021
Cashsteady:

I don't see any of this countries beating Nigeria in even in the next hundred years... Bro leave ur state, tour other states Nigeria is actually developing.. ngl I see Lagos becoming one of the best cities in the world with lot of projects going on in the cities.. once eko Atlantic is completed I see no Africa cities that will stand Lagos. .Even the fast developing ikoyi and vi is still better than most African cities

Century city

South Africa

1 Like

Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by Help2020: 10:38am On Feb 06, 2021
Cashsteady:

johansaburg
Nairobi
Cape Town
Abijan
Addis Ababa
Daa res Salem
Luanda
Lagos
Cairo
Pretoria
Algiers
kinasha
Accra

Where us Abuja?pls remove Accra,nothing develope in Accra
Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by Help2020: 10:41am On Feb 06, 2021
Osagyefo98:

Anyone that understands the dynamics of economics and have the opportunity should migrate to these countries and meet their dreams.

This one go add Ghana and Cameroon. Why are you displaying your ignorance online? Kindly visit Ghana and see things for yourself.. I spent fcking 7 years in Ghana, I visited almost all the cities.. Ghana can only be compared to one city in Nigeria. Remove Ghana and stop disgracing urself.
Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by Lagoon0: 1:06pm On Feb 06, 2021
forgiveness:

What is Eko what is Lagos? grin

You are a indigene but you don't know the difference. grin
I've told you what we refer to as Lagos(Lagos island)

Ikorodu Badagry Ikeja Lagos Epe (IBILE)
All area which fall under the LAGOS division. Eti-osa is Epe division .

Thats the way we call it not the way government post it on their site. Simple! The original eko is Lagos island , when ijebu kingdom fought the British via Epe we refer to the Lagos islanders as Eko people . even the kosoko who later migrated to epe are called Eko Epes.

I need another native to counter this not Lagos website. The data on the site are true but does truly defines the way we see it today or in the past.
Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by Aderr: 5:19pm On Feb 06, 2021
ruggedtimi:
Population is not an accuse for Nigeria's wahala. Countries with high population are known for their strong military but Nigeria even for Africa list no dey first 4..
If we were 50million instead of 200m, do you think Nigeria would be this bad? Population is an excuse when it comes to Africa. Point to one African country with a population above 60m doing well. African leaders are incompetent. Finish. Even South Africa is struggling.

And you need to get your facts right. Nigeria is in top 4 of African militaries.
Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by thatigboman: 5:30pm On Feb 06, 2021
edoairways:

Yet Lagos can't boast of uninterrupted power supply. I
how can lagos boast of uninterrupted power supply when kainji and shiroro towns where the dams are cant boast of such.
The only place i know in nigeria that can boast of uninterrupted power supply is shell estate in port harcourt
Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by thatigboman: 5:46pm On Feb 06, 2021
Lagoon0:

Where in Lagos has stable electricity ?

Edited: i saw the argument of lexy2014 and forgiveness and both party where right .

But ill put to forgiveness that there Is nothing like Lagos city these days.

We as Lagos indigene see only eko Lagos island as Lagos.
And according to our division all area under Lagos division (Lagos island) is also refer to as Eko. Epe remains epe, eti-osa thats is part of your so-_called Lagos city is epe land.

It has ijebu people dominant as natives. Do you think epe local government is the only place referred to as epe?

The ijebu who migrated away from ijebu ode down to oko epe see themselves has expanding in the oko epe. Lekki ibeju-lekki and epe are under epe division.

There is nothing like Lagos city. What we know is eko. When people say awori lo leko. They refer to Lagos island not eti-osa

The mainland added to the then LAgos was just jara. Lagos remains (Lagos island )
the city of lagos which was the former federal capital comprise of lagos mainland and lagos island. The mainland was ebutte metta, yaba, surulere up to igbobi. The island comprise apapa island, lagos island, ikoyi island and victoria island. Then ikeja was capital of lagos state but very far from lagos city. But lagos metamorphosed into a mega city

1 Like

Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by thatigboman: 5:48pm On Feb 06, 2021
thelinguist:
cotonou is not better than Kano or Delta.. Forget!!
na lie u lie. Cotonou is far better than lagos in terms of infrastructure, security and quality of living
Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by Lagoon0: 5:49pm On Feb 06, 2021
thatigboman:
the city of lagos which was the former federal capital comprise of lagos mainland and lagos island. The mainland was ebutte metta, yaba, surulere up to igbobi. The island comprise apapa island, lagos island, ikoyi island and victoria island. Then ikeja was capital of lagos state but very far from lagos city. But lagos metamorphosed into a mega city
Thats the city of Lagos right? The Lagos natives refer to as Lagos is Lagos division. Now google Lagos division and tell me places under that region.
Lagos has been before Lagos city. Lagos has been from colonial era

Lagos is also Lagos island division. Simple!
Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by ruggedtimi(m): 10:28pm On Feb 06, 2021
Aderr:
If we were 50million instead of 200m, do you think Nigeria would be this bad? Population is an excuse when it comes to Africa. Point to one African country with a population above 60m doing well. African leaders are incompetent. Finish. Even South Africa is struggling.

And you need to get your facts right. Nigeria is in top 4 of African militaries.
so liberia's population is upto to 50m and they are doing well?
Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by Aderr: 7:31am On Feb 07, 2021
ruggedtimi:
so liberia's population is upto to 50m and they are doing well?
That's the incompetence I was talking about. Ghana seems to be doing well not because the government is doing anything special but because the country is small.
My point is that those African countries you people are hyping are no better than Nigeria. They're all useless, including Nigeria.
Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by ruggedtimi(m): 9:51am On Feb 07, 2021
Aderr:
That's the incompetence I was talking about. Ghana seems to be doing well not because the government is doing anything special but because the country is small.
My point is that those African countries you people are hyping are no better than Nigeria. They're all useless, including Nigeria.
compared to Nigeria , Ghana is not useless.
Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by ba7man(m): 10:37am On Feb 07, 2021
Tumbulum:
how many Nigerians can afford to feed themselves? Stop hyping yourself. You are the shithole poveryy capital of the planet
How many Nigerians have you heard of dying of hunger??
Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by ba7man(m): 10:38am On Feb 07, 2021
thatigboman:
na lie u lie. Cotonou is far better than lagos in terms of infrastructure, security and quality of living
I doubt if you know the meaning of infrastructure.
Re: Stop All This Kigali, Windohek And Bostwana Hype by Tumbulum: 10:43am On Feb 07, 2021
ba7man:
How many Nigerians have you heard of dying of hunger??

check within your household and you will see plenty of them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tèars! Peter Obi Became The First Presidential Candidate To Campaign In Ajegunle / Tinubu Takes The Lead In Abuja / Imo LP Guber Candidate, Achonu Condemns Brutalization Of NLC President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.