Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,575 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know (78919 Views)

FG Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency, Introduces Taxation Instead / First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes / CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Jostoman: 9:09pm On Feb 05, 2021
Omihanifa:
The central bank is just plainly stupid for taking this funny decision undecided

They banned it simply because they don't know how the system works.

The CBN should better wake up and embrace technology. the world is moving away from Fiat money

Ordinary dollar they can't provide sufficiently for businesses in the country now people are moving towards digital money they are getting angry.

Thesame government that can't provide jobs for the masses wants to kill the little that is putting food on the tables of Nigerians
they are always in pain anytime Nigerians find another means to better their live.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Seyzcham91(m): 9:09pm On Feb 05, 2021
grin
HopeVictor:
I was reading it oh..until I remembered I'm a Nigerian..while will I read such long thing that wouldn't give me money..only the stress in Nigeria is enough no need to read long write ups.. somebody should please summarize it..
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by TinubuGoQuench(f): 9:10pm On Feb 05, 2021
id911:
This is what you get when archaic and museum object like Mohammed Buhari, a stark economic illiterate is placed in position of power. The government of Buhari and Osinbajo has inflicted so much pain on Nigerians, pain never experienced before except during the civil war and mid eighties which, incidentally was during Buhari's draconian regime. When will Nigeria stop appointing a banker as CBN Governor?

To those who voted Buhari and Osinbajo because of tribe and religion, are you enjoying their evil and wicked policies?

Cc:
Helinues
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by thatigboman: 9:10pm On Feb 05, 2021
Op, i dont work in CBN or know their reason for doing what they did.
But i know i attended a conference in lagos about this cryptocurrency and the man from CBN say they are against it it because it is unregulated.
U can put N10 million in there and it vanishes, u cant call police, u cant reach out to CBN, your money just fanishes.
Always state the both sides of the argument

2 Likes

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by CalebLebsco56(m): 9:11pm On Feb 05, 2021
When you put clueless pple in Power check the Director he is an Hausa man no exposure at all...this malosss what is there plans..and they are the ones suffering more

Nigerians have never suffered like this
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by BlueAir: 9:11pm On Feb 05, 2021
grin I laugh in Swahili. If I wan buy my crypto. I go still buy

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by TheRareGem1(f): 9:11pm On Feb 05, 2021
id911:
This is what you get when archaic and museum object like Mohammed Buhari, a stark economic illiterate is placed in position of power. The government of Buhari and Osinbajo has inflicted so much pain on Nigerians, pain never experienced before except during the civil war and mid eighties which, incidentally was during Buhari's draconian regime. When will Nigeria stop appointing a banker as CBN Governor?

To those who voted Buhari and Osinbajo because of tribe and religion, are you enjoying their evil and wicked policies?

Is there any country that use crypto as legal tender? I want to learn really.

Also, I know that CBN works independently of the Presidency.
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by definitelyCYRIL(m): 9:13pm On Feb 05, 2021
iamJ:
what does speculators mean cheesy is it not speculators that cryptocurrency brought out of poverty? How does cryptocurrency benefit the society at large, you don't understand monetary policy and last last like mmm, which cryptocurrency is, una go wail
bros if we wail, it is our wail.... The way you're talking it's like you are one of those guys that can't afford to buy cryptocurrency and is envious of those that can, and are making it, so you just want the system to crash... You better go and borrow money and start moving forward... Nonsense..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by SaintUlot: 9:14pm On Feb 05, 2021
iamJ:
how is cryptocurrency beneficial to nigerians at large?

Just for speculation, pump and dump.

Still buying all Gift cards @ good rate

https://www.nairaland.com/3908406/best-farsell-all-itunes-amazon

WHATSAPP
:https:///s/saintulot
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Rubbiish(m): 9:14pm On Feb 05, 2021
iamJ:
mmm users said the same thing grin
Crypto and mmm are two opposite things!
Something that has been constantly appreciating since 2009 till date like a plot of land is what u compare to mmm? Yahoo boys have been using western union since way back till date, why didn't any of u come out to clamour for the ban of western union? Crypto started in 2009, and started gaining recognition around 2016, na 2009 criminal activities start?

We know those of u who were unlucky to go into the crypto before the increase are the ones masturbating on all thread, shouting crypto ban! It is typical of the Blackman, it is a case of envy!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by sharone21(f): 9:15pm On Feb 05, 2021
The number 1 S-C-A-M bitcoin company (with the most useless Customer Care) which Federal Republic of Nigeria/CBN+ Nigerians should BAN completely is LUNO . They steal and hoard people's hard earned sweat even when the person has no business with crypto, bitcoin or any ponzi scheme. They keep on tweeting nonsense on Twitter instead of responding to cries of those whose hard earned money is illegally with them.Anyway, God will continue to punish this company scamming Nigerians & Africans

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by mattsvibes: 9:15pm On Feb 05, 2021
iamJ:
na ponzi scheme, mmm 2.0

You buy and hope it rises, if more people buy you make money, if everybody wants to sell it will crash, the more people buying the higher it rises, if everybody wan remove their money plenty people will commit suicide

Like mmm but international mmm

You Re Naive About What You Don't Know

6 Likes

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by jedisco(m): 9:17pm On Feb 05, 2021
iamJ:
it's not going to, government can't tax it and it doesn't provide any benefit to the society, it's only criminal elements and speculators that it is beneficial to.

You are as ignorant as they come

5 Likes

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Rubbiish(m): 9:19pm On Feb 05, 2021
definitelyCYRIL:
I dey tell you!!! Na only person wey no get money to by crypto go dey support this ban.. may be becos one of his friends is making it big time and he is becoming jealous.
The bold is the plain truth sir!
Crypto has really turned many people millionaires overnight, not everyone is happy about it. U know that feeling when u missed an opportunity, but your friends benefited from, one will constantly feel regret which comes with jealousy!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by iamJ(m): 9:19pm On Feb 05, 2021
definitelyCYRIL:
bros if we wail, it is our wail.... The way you're talking it's like you are one of those guys that can't afford to buy cryptocurrency and is envious of those that can, and are making it, so you just want the system to crash... You better go and borrow money and start moving forward... Nonsense..
people said worst to me when I called mmm a ponzi scheme

What is Bitcoin? Can you hold it? Does it have an intrinsic value?

If everybody decides to pull their money, who guarantees the payouts?

At least currency is a legal tender, bitcoin is dependent on people's believe and fomo cheesy

Last last una go wail, the only thing special about cryptocurrency is blockchain

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by mkpurumma090(f): 9:19pm On Feb 05, 2021
This country na wa oh!

2 Likes

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Odunolumide(m): 9:20pm On Feb 05, 2021
casppyjay:
I know it will be counterproductive even if it’s a step In the right direction but we can’t use caffeine products for patients allergic to caffeine.. only people with high IQ can comment and understand..

You decaf.
Everyone wins
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by CooldudeX1: 9:20pm On Feb 05, 2021
iamJ:
na ponzi scheme, mmm 2.0

You buy and hope it rises, if more people buy you make money, if everybody wants to sell it will crash, the more people buying the higher it rises, if everybody wan remove their money plenty people will commit suicide

Like mmm but international mmm
Ignorance at it peak. You don't know jack about cryptocurrency. If cryptocurrency is a Ponzi scheme like mmm, it means buying of company stocks and shares is also a Ponzi scheme.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by SunLight11(f): 9:20pm On Feb 05, 2021

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by iamJ(m): 9:21pm On Feb 05, 2021
Rubbiish:

Crypto and mmm are two opposite things!
Something that has been constantly appreciating since 2009 till date like a plot of land is what u compare to mmm? Yahoo boys have been using western union since way back till date, why didn't any of u come out to clamour for the ban of western union? Crypto started in 2009, and started gaining recognition around 2016, na 2009 criminal activities start?

We know those of u who were unlucky to go into the crypto before the increase are the ones masturbating on all thread, shouting crypto ban! It is typical of the Blackman, it is a case of envy!
they are the same, the money you make from Bitcoin is someone else investment in Bitcoin

Bitcoin is not a company, it doesn't have offices, it doesn't make or generate revenue, if more people buy it, it becomes more profitable for the previous investor, it's a gigantic ponzi scheme

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by otomatic(m): 9:21pm On Feb 05, 2021
Another perspective to this ban is that endsars donations made with cryptocurrency could not be tracked. Government is now jittery thinking of the consequences of such anonymous actions.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by casppyjay: 9:21pm On Feb 05, 2021
Odunolumide:

You decaf.
Everyone wins
lol funny u
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Daum: 9:22pm On Feb 05, 2021
thatigboman:
Op, i dont work in CBN or know their reason for doing what they did.
But i know i attended a conference in lagos about this cryptocurrency and the man from CBN say they are against it it because it is unregulated.
U can put N10 million in there and it vanishes, u cant call police, u cant reach out to CBN, your money just fanishes.
Always state the both sides of the argument

What of people's pension that has been vanishing in this country. No be Pension money Maina thief. The old CBN worker doesn't understand how blockchain works....he is still stuck in the 20th century using Adam Smith's economics

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by iamJ(m): 9:22pm On Feb 05, 2021
CooldudeX1:
Ignorance at it peak. You don't know jack about cryptocurrency. If cryptocurrency is a Ponzi scheme like mmm, it means buying of company stocks and shares is also a Ponzi scheme.
Bitcoin is a company cheesy

Do you know their office cheesy

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by heendrix(m): 9:22pm On Feb 05, 2021
4ckTOT0:
rubbish. cryptocurrency is bigger than naija govt. even top world powers like usa , china cant ban it, is it naija that cant even give its citizens nin?
next news abeg.
the govt hates anything that makes it citizens independent. they hate any thing they cant tax.
if there is anything they should ban is betnaija and co. for destroying the lives of many promising youths. n they wont ban it because they get a huge commission and tax from it. Bleep them all.

See anger grin grin
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Daum: 9:25pm On Feb 05, 2021
iamJ:
they are the same, the money you make from Bitcoin is someone else investment in Bitcoin

Bitcoin is not a company, it doesn't have offices, it doesn't make or generate revenue, if more people buy it, it becomes more profitable for the previous investor, it's a gigantic ponzi scheme

What is Money?
How is Bitcoin different from the money in your Bank. Its just numbers you have as money. It's not physical hope you understand. They can't print everyone money if not you have inflation.

Bitcoin is better than your Niara because it grows. Your Naira is trash...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Rubbiish(m): 9:25pm On Feb 05, 2021
definitelyCYRIL:
God bless u @bold
The envy is written all over his post. Guess a lot of his friends are doing well with crypto, he just want the system to crash, so these guys can be like him. Reminds me of the biblical Solomon & woman who wanted another baby's divided because she lost hers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Daum: 9:26pm On Feb 05, 2021
iamJ:
Bitcoin is a company cheesy

Do you know their office cheesy

This one say Ponzi
Chai
Na wa

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Ojemedad: 9:26pm On Feb 05, 2021
2023 well need to be active and not just sit and watch whoever becomes president

How do you expect a old manual fulani man to understand modern technology, the fault is on all us, let's bear till 2023

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by desertboom(m): 9:26pm On Feb 05, 2021
slimanyd:
Join my cryptocurrency escrow group ,Where we do buying and selling and also give an hint about the best coins to hold.

https:///44Ra

Ok... I'll join
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 05, 2021
iamJ:
what does speculators mean cheesy is it not speculators that cryptocurrency brought out of poverty? How does cryptocurrency benefit the society at large, you don't understand monetary policy and last last like mmm, which cryptocurrency is, una go wail
You're a fool.
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by tempusfugit: 9:28pm On Feb 05, 2021
AT THIS POINT IS BETTER TO GET BANK ACCOUNT IN ANY OTHER AFRICA COUNTRY PROBABLY GHANA!!!! THEY CANNT STOP IT!!! NONSENSE!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Benin Ekiosa Market Fire: Thieves Return Stolen Items / Suya Seller Sleeps Off While Standing And Selling Suya In Lagos (Photos) / Neteller Now Accept Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.