Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,685 members, 7,813,274 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business (42862 Views)

Buhari: Don’t Give APC Presidential Ticket To Highest Bidders / Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger / Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Mancrossfire: 10:17am On Feb 06, 2021
I will not take you serious because you are a politician...a Nigerian politician for that matter.

Two side of same coin!

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Molahnelson(m): 10:17am On Feb 06, 2021
Let me see how they will stop a consensus mechanism using a distributed Ledger technology to transact

1 Like

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 06, 2021
tyup:
Someone check on Yunus or is it heliniose. ever since this Scripto currently ban news Nigga has been short of words to defend his O be only orth we go vote Masters. Looks like the dumbo has been affected so Badly grin

Anyways, as for me Buhari should be the last Fulani to every occupy any helm of affairs in this country, any other Fulani rejected in which Atiku is stylishly one. there are reasonable Hausas Nigerians can pick from. tho we have to appeal to the South to give us the chance to correct our Mistakes by voting the North again 2023

no be only north we go vote 2023 na coconut

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by SmartPolician: 10:18am On Feb 06, 2021
In this part of the world, it's easy to point an accusing finger at Buhari because our institutions are not independent.

However, elsewhere in the world, everyone understands that the central bank is an independent regulator, so politicians cannot dictate to them how to run.

Unfortunately, Buhari lacks innovative ideas, so he has never managed a serious business before. Well, I am sure that Reno Omokri is coming for him.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 06, 2021
Kobicove:
What's Atiku's business in this matter? undecided

Besides government did not shut down crypto business, they're only trying to regulate it
Is that the most pressing issue in Nigeria now?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Jostoman: 10:18am On Feb 06, 2021
W
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Springboot: 10:19am On Feb 06, 2021
Crypto has no positive influence on the economy but damage to the naira further, an import dependant country like Nigeria need to be careful with digital currencies. Meanwhile Atiku we know you're only saying this because of your presidential ambition. We are not FOOLS.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Elvis2kay: 10:20am On Feb 06, 2021
sad
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Leokinghenry12(m): 10:20am On Feb 06, 2021
Nigeria youth are Unemployment, many trades the Naira for crypto to make a living. Now the government closes down a livelihood. Sometimes I wonder if this country makes a serious thinking b4 embarking on any decision.
The government is not working for the betterment of the youth other than for the pocket and challenging the opposition party and making life worst for the youth

1 Like

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by NiRfreak(m): 10:20am On Feb 06, 2021
Clout chasing...no point...even youths know more than this
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by writeprof(m): 10:20am On Feb 06, 2021
Is anyone really managing the economy of this country? CBN, banks, ministries, departments, agencies and parastatals, are all being run like one man business without a single thought for the hardships Nigerians are facing.
Incomes are stagnant while cost of living is skyrocketing especially caused by a pseudo increase in foreign exchange et al!

Do we still have a president in this country?

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by tamdun: 10:20am On Feb 06, 2021
cocolacec:
Atiku talk about fulani herdsmen killing innocent civilians.
U won't hear him condemn fulanis herdsmen laye, Buhari and atiku are same
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by oluwasegun007(m): 10:22am On Feb 06, 2021
He will not hear you oooo
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by israelmao(m): 10:22am On Feb 06, 2021
Buhari is akin to bad luck,his bad luck didn't start in his dotage but it is dated back to his youthful days.As a General he is a gallant failure in security,how would you expect him to be any better in economy?

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by pajaka77: 10:24am On Feb 06, 2021
Common guys let all stop buying cow meat. Personally, no more cow meat in my household...Only goat meat or chicken and fish period... IF we all adopt this simple measure, we can frustrate the fulanis and send them packing. If we keep patronising their business and giving them money, they will keep seeing us as fools that we are. Lets wise up and rise up fellow southerners... There is power in unity!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 06, 2021
So you mean crypto is opening the economy.

Crypto is taking away money from Nigeria, do Atiku understand what is writing about.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Jerryherd: 10:25am On Feb 06, 2021
Springboot:
Crypto has no positive influence on the economy but damage to the naira further, an import dependant country like Nigeria need to be careful with digital currencies. Meanwhile Atiku we know you're only saying this because of your presidential ambition. We are not FOOLS.

Dependence on Crude oil Dollars and Foriegn reserves that is low for trade, and using Crypto

In all honesty which will strengthen Naira

If all traders start going to CBN and BDC for dollars they don't have, what do you think will happen to the exchange rates?! 600 700 for a dollars

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Optimistdude: 10:25am On Feb 06, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

Mscheeew!!! Meaningless Policy

Paxful is still hot with trade

Now I hate to say it but we have a dumb government headed by Buhari

I traded Bitcoin this morning, you really can't stop Peer to Peer Bitcoin, you can't shut Account for transactions you don't know the source
Please how do i invest in bitcoin business?
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 06, 2021
pajaka77:
Common guys let all stop buying cow meat. Personally, no more cow meat in my household...Only goat meat or chicken and fish period... IF we all adopt this simple measure, we can frustrate the fulanis and send them packing. If we keep patronising their business and giving them money, they will keep seeing us as fools that we are. Lets wise up and rise up fellow southerners... There is power in unity!

Good for your family.

How does this relate with crypto?
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Zaggafrank: 10:26am On Feb 06, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

Mscheeew!!! Meaningless Policy

Paxful is still hot with trade

Now I hate to say it but we have a dumb government headed by Buhari

I traded Bitcoin this morning, you really can't stop Peer to Peer Bitcoin, you can't shut Account for transactions you don't know the source

To understand how stupid Buhari is

*He limited funds MasterCard and Visa cards holders can get every quarter (3 months) to $1000 that's like 120,000 a month... What trader or importer can successfully import goods with 120k a month

*Now Crude Oil prices are low, our foreign reserves are down ... In simple terms we don't have enough dollars, yet some imbeciless shutdown cryptocyrrency the major alternative to dollars

What are you even talking about? Which criptocurrencies are the alternative to the dollar? What do you use to buy the criptocurrencies? Is it not the same scarce dollars? As far as I care, this is very good for the Naira for now. The dollars people buy to use in buying Bitcoin, can be used buy investors producing and importing things that improves the real economy

5 Likes

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Jerryherd: 10:26am On Feb 06, 2021
Optimistdude:

Please how do i invest in bitcoin business?

Go to blockchain and create an account, go to Paxful and buy bitcoin simple as that

1 Like

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Jerryherd: 10:27am On Feb 06, 2021
Zaggafrank:

What are you even talking about? Which criptocurrencies are the alternative to the dollar? What do you use to buy the criptocurrencies? Is it not the same scarce dollars? As far as I care, this is very good for the Naira for now. The dollars people buy to use in buying Bitcoin, can be used buy investors producing and importing things that improves the real economy

Cryptocyrrency is traded to Naira Local traders accept Naira

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Omezif(m): 10:27am On Feb 06, 2021
Developing countries preserve and protect anything that are diversifying their economics but nigerians are voting old man who doesn't qualify to be a president to rule them.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Optimistdude: 10:28am On Feb 06, 2021
Jerryherd:

Go to blockchain and create an account, go to Paxful and buy bitcoin simple as that
And then, what's next?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by privaldo: 10:28am On Feb 06, 2021
Esseite:
Atiku is just chasing clout... CBN took the best decision.

Unregulated Crypto currency is a lazy investment that tilts more on outflow of FX rather than inflow.. it is death sentence to import dominated countries.

E.g- I buy bitcoin with N10m that would be domiciled in source Nation(not Nigeria).. if it rises in 1 year by maybe 10%, I may have gained 1m as an individual, but I have starved my country economy of recycling my 10m if it was domiciled in a Nigerian bank or invested into the society which could have produced more than 10% while creating jobs.. note as an import dominated nation, the chance of loosing that 1m as another escaped forex is 95% on foreign goods while 5% I may spend on local food.

The Nigerian greed for small margins has blinded a lot of people, imagine Crypto currency trading far beyond your indigenous Stock exchange and some feel it's okay

The margins are not small, people gained more than 5X their original amount.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by AzuNas: 10:28am On Feb 06, 2021
Alright. . . . . . .Ajie

No be small thing

Abeg
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by zeanslim(m): 10:29am On Feb 06, 2021
Esseite:
Atiku is just chasing clout... CBN took the best decision.

Unregulated Crypto currency is a lazy investment that tilts more on outflow of FX rather than inflow.. it is death sentence to import dominated countries.

E.g- I buy bitcoin with N10m that would be domiciled in source Nation(not Nigeria).. if it rises in 1 year by maybe 10%, I may have gained 1m as an individual, but I have starved my country economy of recycling my 10m if it was domiciled in a Nigerian bank or invested into the society which could have produced more than 10% while creating jobs.. note as an import dominated nation, the chance of loosing that 1m as another escaped forex is 95% on foreign goods while 5% I may spend on local food.

The Nigerian greed for small margins has blinded a lot of people, imagine Crypto currency trading far beyond your indigenous Stock exchange and some feel it's okay

This is so dumb, where would I spend the generated 1m if not my nation.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by PataAlhajaKeji(m): 10:29am On Feb 06, 2021
A lot of dumb Nigerians out there, including the serial loser who refused to cum, Atiku.

The CBN is an independent organization. It is independent of the executive arm of government, so are its monetary policies.

What exactly is Buhari's business?

Instead of you lots to cast your ill-though aspersions on Emiefele, na Buhari una dey reason.

Buhari kill of una dia!
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Jerryherd: 10:29am On Feb 06, 2021
Optimistdude:

And then, what's next?

Market forces increases the value of your BTC just like forex

1 Like

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by tuboi: 10:29am On Feb 06, 2021
When you need the opinion of the grill guy most, you’ll not find it...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Deji Adeleke Denies Osun 2018 ‘Governorship Ambition’ / FG Seizes Oil Blocs From Kola Abiola, Others / Governor Okowa Celebrates Neo And Dorathy For “Avoiding Controversy” In BBNaija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.