Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business (42893 Views)

Buhari: Don’t Give APC Presidential Ticket To Highest Bidders / Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger / Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Emeka71(m): 3:05pm On Feb 06, 2021
I ñeed get bit-coin.
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by christipikz: 3:11pm On Feb 06, 2021
Trash
Esseite:
Atiku is just chasing clout... CBN took the best decision.

Unregulated Crypto currency is a lazy investment that tilts more on outflow of FX rather than inflow.. it is death sentence to import dominated countries.

E.g- I buy bitcoin with N10m that would be domiciled in source Nation(not Nigeria).. if it rises in 1 year by maybe 10%, I may have gained 1m as an individual, but I have starved my country economy of recycling my 10m if it was domiciled in a Nigerian bank or invested into the society which could have produced more than 10% while creating jobs.. note as an import dominated nation, the chance of loosing that 1m as another escaped forex is 95% on foreign goods while 5% I may spend on local food.

The Nigerian greed for small margins has blinded a lot of people, imagine Crypto currency trading far beyond your indigenous Stock exchange and some feel it's okay

Modified:
With all the mentions and insults, if we put this same energy into investing in Nigeria, would we be complaining of unemployment?... someone actually said he has over 1,000btc in his wallet, that's about $35m or N16.450bn just waiting to flip currency and make small margin rather than real investment that creates jobs for the economy, but we are quick to say no jobs.
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by IJEYdiamond(f): 3:25pm On Feb 06, 2021
I dont even have time to read this.....

Emefele... is a useless tool,Niger delta errand boy in the hands of idi malu..

This cluelessness of Buhari... Will take him to Planet pluto soon..

Very useless Government that value cows more than Space technology... Information Technology Block chain technology... too crown it all HUMAN LIFE.

STUPID....

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by sharone21(f): 3:41pm On Feb 06, 2021
OsunOriginal:

Did anybody complain to you that LUNO defrauded them? Senseless talk.

2023 is around the corner.

Maybe you are not current. I repeat, LUNO is S-C-A-M
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Coinbased: 3:47pm On Feb 06, 2021
its gambling and risky and manipulated just like stock

1 Like

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Gideons708: 3:50pm On Feb 06, 2021
Esseite:

We can aswell say we dont want employment, industries, innovations, in short our general livelyhood as a whole when we choose not to invest in our own country..

I am not one for coercion of the individual for the greater good of the many.

It should be an option.
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by justinator: 4:03pm On Feb 06, 2021
No wonder, Bubu greeted his online defenders days before ..
Esseite:

Unregulated Crypto currency is a lazy investment that tilts more on outflow of FX rather than inflow.. it is death sentence to import dominated countries.

E.g- I buy bitcoin with N10m that would be domiciled in source Nation(not Nigeria).. if it rises in 1 year by maybe 10%, I may have gained 1m as an individual, but I have starved my country economy of recycling my 10m if it was domiciled in a Nigerian bank or invested into the society which could have produced more than 10% while creating jobs.. note as an import dominated nation, the chance of loosing that 1m as another escaped forex is 95% on foreign goods while 5% I may spend on local food.

The Nigerian greed for small margins has blinded a lot of people, imagine Crypto currency trading far beyond your indigenous Stock exchange and some feel it's okay

Modified:
With all the mentions and insults, if we put this same energy into investing in Nigeria, would we be complaining of unemployment?... someone actually said he has over 1,000btc in his wallet, that's about $35m or N16.450bn just waiting to flip currency and make small margin rather than real investment that creates jobs for the economy, but we are quick to say no jobs.
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by BTCog: 4:15pm On Feb 06, 2021
Esseite:

Modified:

Do not speak of what you do not understand. Do you know how many Nigerians are involved in forex business via crypto. You think crypto business is all about buying Bitcoin and wait for it to rise. Nigerian currency is on daily decline. Do you know that with ₦500k stored in Bitcoin, you can be cashing out over 50k monthly without doing any trade. Do you know that the same way USD is traded other currencies in forex, so also you trade Bitcoin, tron, USDT, etc. How many jobs is the government providing that they should kill the ones that the unemployed have provided for themselves. About 50% of online businesses today are done via cryptocurrency.

They should also be ready to welcome the number of high class robbers they will be introducing to the streets.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Mickeybook(f): 4:15pm On Feb 06, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

Mscheeew!!! Meaningless Policy

Paxful is still hot with trade

Now I hate to say it but we have a dumb government headed by Buhari

I traded Bitcoin this morning, you really can't stop Peer to Peer Bitcoin, you can't shut Account for transactions you don't know the source

To understand how stupid Buhari is

*He limited funds MasterCard and Visa cards holders can get every quarter (3 months) to $1000 that's like 120,000 a month... What trader or importer can successfully import goods with 120k a month

*Now Crude Oil prices are low, our foreign reserves are down ... In simple terms we don't have enough dollars, yet some imbeciless shutdown cryptocyrrency the major alternative to dollars

HOW is a meaningful policy my brother, infact i suspect pantami hand in this... although taxing these people would have been better including all social media companies
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Guapismo: 4:23pm On Feb 06, 2021
Esseite:

Modified:

You are a Fool sir
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by AntiNigerian: 4:36pm On Feb 06, 2021
Esseite:

Modified:
may your brain spoil quickly! Isi mebikwa gi ebe ahu! angry
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by eeetuk(m): 4:37pm On Feb 06, 2021
"Former vice-president Atiku Abubakar has urged the Buhari administration not to shut down cryptocurrency business, as announced by the Central Bank of Nigeria on Friday."

I disagree.
This appeal by Mr. Atiku to president Buhari not to shut down cryptocurrency is dangerous for many reasons . First, cryptocurrency is a risky investment because cyber criminals can steal your cryptocurrency . Second, it is prone to hack by online hackers.
Third, cryptocurrency uses decentralized system-- which means they are not controlled by a person or government . Fourth, terriosts use it to wire money for terrorism reasons

Furthermore, vice president Atiku has big time interest in keeping cryptocurrency business going because it is an investment dominated by the Hausas and fulanis business people. No wonder why Boko Haram is successful in having access to cash to buy weapons and terrorized citizens across the country.

So, I write to appeal to president Buhari to shut down cryptocurrency Based on all the reasons I had listed above. Nigeria has lost all it's credibility because of online trading. And we don't need anymore headache !
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by doxijaw: 4:44pm On Feb 06, 2021
jpmoriarti:
I wholeheartedly support this ban. Naira to USD is almost 500 naira. No one wants to make Nigeria work again. Everyone wants to cash out even though Nigeria burns.

This is incorrect, you don't need to buy dollars to trade crypto.

You buy ustd which can be used to exchange any crypto.

Deposits, account receivables is domiciled in Nigeria, withdrawal is in naira

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by emperor12(m): 4:46pm On Feb 06, 2021
;
PrinceOfLagos:
Nigerians deserve a man like buhari .

We warned them in 2015 but they callled us names

Let them enjoy the buhari bad effects
; grin
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by XKZ(m): 5:00pm On Feb 06, 2021
Kwanza:

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/02/06/atiku-appeals-to-buhari-dont-shut-down-cryptocurrency-business/

I was actually hoping he would suggest some of the regulatory practices that would help the country manage crypto-currencies

His statement sounds more like he is playing to the gallery rather than actually having any useful ideas or really being concerned for those affected
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Jerryherd: 5:01pm On Feb 06, 2021
eeetuk:
"Former vice-president Atiku Abubakar has urged the Buhari administration not to shut down cryptocurrency business, as announced by the Central Bank of Nigeria on Friday."

I disagree.
This appeal by Mr. Atiku to president Buhari not to shut down cryptocurrency is dangerous for many reasons . First, cryptocurrency is a risky investment because cyber criminals can steal your cryptocurrency . Second, it is prone to hack by online hackers.
Third, cryptocurrency uses decentralized system-- which means they are not controlled by a person or government . Fourth, terriosts use it to wire money for terrorism reasons

Furthermore, vice president Atiku has big time interest in keeping cryptocurrency business going because it is an investment dominated the Hausas and fulanis business people. No wonder why Boko Haram is successful is having access to cash to buy weapons and terrorized citizens across the country.

So, I write to appeal to president Buhari to shut down cryptocurrency Based on all the reasons I had listed above. Nigeria has lost all it's credibility because of online trading. And we don't need anymore headache !

Hacking a Bitcoin wallet is next to. Impossible.

13 digit APHA numeric Account , Muti factor login, infact Bitcoin wallets are safer than regular bank

Why exactly are Ignorant people defending this policy rather than studying Bitcoin it self before talking

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by chrisukeka(m): 5:17pm On Feb 06, 2021
What's the worth of your investment in Nigeria?
Joker....

Esseite:

Modified:
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by AntiNigerian: 5:18pm On Feb 06, 2021
Farolo:

What people like you don't know is the market is fluid and just like water, it must find its level or its way.

Patriotism doesn't build an economy or market. Policies and approach to business does. All you wrote is just hogwash. I apologize.

How many ordinary people trading on the stock market have made a profit? Matter if fact, stocks we bought since 2007 have not even yielded their capital because of the scam and in-trading going on in the NSE.

You treat people like shlt, they flourish and you're trying to stifle them? It won't even work.

You also raised a point about keeping your money in the bank so they can round trip, and "boost the economy" Lol.

These banks make money off you, while you remain poor; this is not putting hyper inflation which has come to be today into consideration.

An example is this. Sometimes in 2020, I ran about ₦30M through my account. Do you know for the months my funds were there, FCMB were stealing from me? Yes literally stealing because the arbitrary charges they were collecting weren't even reflecting in my account statement and they didn’t even send notifications for them.

In all, the CBN made a wrong call and they will lose more because

1. THEY CAN'T BAN BITCOINS.

2. Nigeria was just beginning to be a global hub for fintech. That's gone now.

3. Jobs will be affected and you know the funny thing, this does not even affect the peer to peer bitcoin exchange industry in Nigeria. It's the exchanges who were creating jobs this policy affects not bitcoins per se.

Also if history has thought them nothing, they should know Nigerian youths are very good innovators and this is just a speck of stone thrown at a behemoth wall. I currently have over 1,000 BTC in my wallet as we speak and I'm not even moved one bit!
you have over 1k BTC in your wallet.. did you buy BTC around 2010-2011?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 06, 2021
chrisukeka:
What's the worth of your investment in Nigeria?
Joker....

But somebody made the investment that brought about the tax that tarred our roads and other infrastructure, if we lose hope in local investment, we would have no country sooner or later.
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Farolo: 5:26pm On Feb 06, 2021
AntiNigerian:
you have over 1k BTC in your wallet.. did you buy BTC around 2010-2011?

Lol I earned it over time

1 Like

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 06, 2021
P1PrinceKT:

you can't win without Hausa .

Hausa can win without you

With all their wins I’m still better than your people.
We Igbos are survivors. Come what may, WE THRIVE!!
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by AntiNigerian: 5:33pm On Feb 06, 2021
Farolo:

Lol I earned it over time
are you sure?
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by OsunOriginal: 5:39pm On Feb 06, 2021
BTCog:

Do not speak of what you do not understand. Do you know how many Nigerians are involved in forex business via crypto. You think crypto business is all about buying Bitcoin and wait for it to rise. Nigerian currency is on daily decline. Do you know that with ₦500k stored in Bitcoin, you can be cashing out over 50k monthly without doing any trade. Do you know that the same way USD is traded other currencies in forex, so also you trade Bitcoin, tron, USDT, etc. How many jobs is the government providing that they should kill the ones that the unemployed have provided for themselves. About 50% of online businesses today are done via cryptocurrency.

They should also be ready to welcome the number of high class robbers they will be introducing to the streets.

Even if crypto is about buying bitcoin and waiting for the value to rise, what's stock about? Stock is good, crypto is not good. Is this what they are saying?

Baba Blue is their squeezing money out of poor people on a daily basis through pure gambling - yes, that's fine.

Our leaders are archaic and lazy - simple!
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Slayar: 5:53pm On Feb 06, 2021
sharone21:

Maybe you are not current. I repeat, LUNO is S-C-A-M

Which exchange do you use
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by MyOpinion1(f): 5:56pm On Feb 06, 2021
Instead of them regulating it, they put a ban on it..
I just laugh at the useless economic policies they kept dishing out..
When people make money tru crypto, where does the money goes?
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Leokinghenry12(m): 6:05pm On Feb 06, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You call crypto livelihood or you think crypto is selling orange in the market.

Do you know how many people have lost their savings in crypto
Do you know how many people gain from the so called crypto
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Farolo: 6:21pm On Feb 06, 2021
AntiNigerian:
are you sure?

Lol

Hope you saw proof cheesy wink
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by staga: 6:30pm On Feb 06, 2021
Last year, my wife and I took a decision to end ALL relationship with the Nigerian banking system. The only money I keep there is money to do small small transfers and stuff like that.

All my assets are held in US Dollars, livestock and gold, as well as several crypto wallets which I can access whenever I am out of the country. I grow my own food, generate my own electricity and have my own water source. I cut off DSTV and all that cable satellite bull crap during the lockdown. I have sold all my cars except 1. Abroad, I only use Uber or I cycle to and from where I buy food, church and other places I go to.

I am on the march to personal self-sufficiency. Only thing I really need money for is data and I am working a way around it. I will not be a slave to any financial institution and the CBN action has only served to justify my courses of action.
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Ihumezvin85(m): 6:44pm On Feb 06, 2021
Foolish imbeciles in the name of Nigeria government
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by eeetuk(m): 8:05pm On Feb 06, 2021
Jerryherd; “Hacking a Bitcoin wallet is next to. Impossible”

Jerryherd,
Before I address your concern in the quote, I want you to learn how to disagree.

Learning how to disagree with other people who don’t have similar opinion as you do, shows you have manners and home training. Furthermore, do a little bit of research on the topic before you write.

That offers people opportunity to reason with you. Ok?

Now, you claimed above that hacking a bitcoin is next to impossible.
I disagree. And here is why.

Joseph Stiglitz is a noble prize memorial winner in economic, and also a professor of economic at Columbia University, USA. Recently, he has called for a ban on cryptocurrency (Costello, 2017). His call for ban has been supported by other studies.

Consumer value for the use of cryptocurrency has been widely studied by many economic scholars. Tax evasion ( Slattery, 2014) was a major concern. Money laundry (Bryans, 2014) another concern. Market volatility like behavior (Fry, 2018) presents risks for individuals’ investors and financial systems.

So, President Buhari decision to ban Cryptocurrency is in line with what many studies have shown and with merits as stated above. I also want to remind you that when you advocate for something, you should tell the viewers why. So far, you have not. All you got is insult. And shame on you!

Finally, I am a scholar, not in your mood! You have temperament problems.
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by showietee: 8:17pm On Feb 06, 2021
Jerryherd:

Hacking a Bitcoin wallet is next to. Impossible.

13 digit APHA numeric Account , Muti factor login, infact Bitcoin wallets are safer than regular bank

Why exactly are Ignorant people defending this policy rather than studying Bitcoin it self before talking

How reliable is the crypto currency for planning and forecasting?

Who is regulating it?

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by showietee: 8:22pm On Feb 06, 2021
MyOpinion1:
Instead of them regulating it, they put a ban on it..
I just laugh at the useless economic policies they kept dishing out..
When people make money tru crypto, where does the money goes?

Best way around crypto currency is to ban what they have not say or control over that can manipulate their economy and put in place their own controlled digital currency

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

All Materials Used For Kaduna Governorship Election Brought To Court (pictures) / 'They Will Go Back In Body Bags' - El-Rufai Threatens International Community / Suspected Bandits, Wives, Informants Arrested After Returning From Saudi Arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.