Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,282 members, 7,815,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business (42886 Views)

Buhari: Don’t Give APC Presidential Ticket To Highest Bidders / Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger / Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by thesmallgod(m): 8:54pm On Feb 06, 2021
Esseite:
Atiku is just chasing clout... CBN took the best decision.

Unregulated Crypto currency is a lazy investment that tilts more on outflow of FX rather than inflow.. it is death sentence to import dominated countries.

E.g- I buy bitcoin with N10m that would be domiciled in source Nation(not Nigeria).. if it rises in 1 year by maybe 10%, I may have gained 1m as an individual, but I have starved my country economy of recycling my 10m if it was domiciled in a Nigerian bank or invested into the society which could have produced more than 10% while creating jobs.. note as an import dominated nation, the chance of loosing that 1m as another escaped forex is 95% on foreign goods while 5% I may spend on local food.

The Nigerian greed for small margins has blinded a lot of people, imagine Crypto currency trading far beyond your indigenous Stock exchange and some feel it's okay

Modified:
With all the mentions and insults, if we put this same energy into investing in Nigeria, would we be complaining of unemployment?... someone actually said he has over 1,000btc in his wallet, that's about $35m or N16.450bn just waiting to flip currency and make small margin rather than real investment that creates jobs for the economy, but we are quick to say no jobs.
This is a complete dump statement

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by EMMY76: 9:44pm On Feb 06, 2021
Ejlove4u:
someone that can't hear anything is the person you are appealing to!

if you want to pass a message to him, send it through a cow form and he will quickly respond...

he believes in cows more then human

Chaii grin cheesy
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by 2buffagain(m): 9:55pm On Feb 06, 2021
The government needs to keep its hands out of certain things.
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by davididenyi(m): 10:31pm On Feb 06, 2021
Esseite:

Unregulated Crypto currency is a lazy investment that tilts more on outflow of FX rather than inflow.. it is death sentence to import dominated countries.

E.g- I buy bitcoin with N10m that would be domiciled in source Nation(not Nigeria).. if it rises in 1 year by maybe 10%, I may have gained 1m as an individual, but I have starved my country economy of recycling my 10m if it was domiciled in a Nigerian bank or invested into the society which could have produced more than 10% while creating jobs.. note as an import dominated nation, the chance of loosing that 1m as another escaped forex is 95% on foreign goods while 5% I may spend on local food.

The Nigerian greed for small margins has blinded a lot of people, imagine Crypto currency trading far beyond your indigenous Stock exchange and some feel it's okay

Modified:
With all the mentions and insults, if we put this same energy into investing in Nigeria, would we be complaining of unemployment?... someone actually said he has over 1,000btc in his wallet, that's about $35m or N16.450bn just waiting to flip currency and make small margin rather than real investment that creates jobs for the economy, but we are quick to say no jobs.

Shot up there, even though the whole money In this world is in Nigeria, I belt you , unemployment will still be the order of the day , pls stop justifying evil, flat money exit before digital money , ...........no vex me oo, I no for waste my time , say I the type , for illi
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Coolgent(m): 11:53pm On Feb 06, 2021
Shut up Dubai resident you will never be our President in PDP.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by AlphaSoul: 2:08am On Feb 07, 2021
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by AlphaSoul: 2:13am On Feb 07, 2021
Esseite:

Modified:
Insightful perspectives!
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by AlphaSoul: 2:22am On Feb 07, 2021
Farolo:

What people like you don't know is the market is fluid and just like water, it must find its level or its way.

Patriotism doesn't build an economy or market. Policies and approach to business does. All you wrote is just hogwash. I apologize.

How many ordinary people trading on the stock market have made a profit? Matter if fact, stocks we bought since 2007 have not even yielded their capital because of the scam and in-trading going on in the NSE.

You treat people like shlt, they flourish and you're trying to stifle them? It won't even work.

You also raised a point about keeping your money in the bank so they can round trip, and "boost the economy" Lol.

These banks make money off you, while you remain poor; this is not putting hyper inflation which has come to be today into consideration.

An example is this. Sometimes in 2020, I ran about ₦30M through my account. Do you know for the months my funds were there, FCMB were stealing from me? Yes literally stealing because the arbitrary charges they were collecting weren't even reflecting in my account statement and they didn’t even send notifications for them.

In all, the CBN made a wrong call and they will lose more because

1. THEY CAN'T BAN BITCOINS.

2. Nigeria was just beginning to be a global hub for fintech. That's gone now.

3. Jobs will be affected and you know the funny thing, this does not even affect the peer to peer bitcoin exchange industry in Nigeria. It's the exchanges who were creating jobs this policy affects not bitcoins per se.

Also if history has thought them nothing, they should know Nigerian youths are very good innovators and this is just a speck of stone thrown at a behemoth wall. I currently have over 1,000 BTC in my wallet as we speak and I'm not even moved one bit!
Nigeria and economic policy back flips... SMH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by goody2019: 6:39am On Feb 07, 2021
This man's fund in crypto is in jeopardy. He is crying for his losses, not for you.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by goody2019: 6:43am On Feb 07, 2021
groomed:
idiot, there are people like us that receive funds in Bitcoin and we run monthly figures in hundreds thousands of dollars... within a subsection of nairaland here. Let's not talk about the the entire Southern Nigeria

But you APC baboons and wasted sperms will come here (after your whatsapp meeting) to tell us that APC led admin made the best policy to kill your motherfucking mother... I COULD put a gun through your lungs... yes, I said what I said.

Do you have any business, do you? God knows the day I will meet any of you bastard offline supporting this demonic party offline just because you are benefiting from it, BLOOD MUST FLOW and I am really looking forward to that day.

Making money doing nothing is called what?
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by MyOpinion1(f): 7:33am On Feb 07, 2021
showietee:

Best way around crypto currency is to ban what they have not say or control over that can manipulate their economy and put in place their own controlled digital currency

There is nothing manipulative abt crypto
They ought to put restrictions on the amount of money you can withdraw to crypto account..
Banning financial institutions from it won't stop Nigeria from trading it and the economy will be losing money
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Designsking: 7:46am On Feb 07, 2021
Melodriod:

Stop selling your self short bro, stop doing 2k logo
Big bro I swear if you borrow me 10k for normal Ad I will never 2k Logo again. Trust me. Na condition make crayfish bent.
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by showietee: 9:45am On Feb 07, 2021
MyOpinion1:

There is nothing manipulative abt crypto
They ought to put restrictions on the amount of money you can withdraw to crypto account..
Banning financial institutions from it won't stop Nigeria from trading it and the economy will be losing money

Did you say there is nothing manipulative about crypto?

Which govt is regulation it and if things go haywire we do we blame or how do you trace your investment?

Please check the link below

Read!

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2021-02-04/cryptocurrency-hedge-fund-founder-pleads-guilty-to-fraud

Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by MyOpinion1(f): 10:51am On Feb 07, 2021
Fraud has been even b4 crypto and we still be there wt or without it..
If there was restriction on innovations, there would have been no fait money today maybe we would still be spending cowry..
The fear of the govt is deposit in banks which is reducing coz people prefer holding their money in crypto..
They can still balance the two by putting restriction on the amount you can withdraw to crypto account without affecting the demand deposit.
Either way, they will lose completely if they put total ban on financial institutions from dealing in crypto coz as far as we all know people will find alternative for their crypto transaction and the economy will be losing out
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by dankt: 11:56am On Feb 07, 2021
Good for other economies but not Nigeria. We are such a greedy lot who are always looking for for loop holes to exploit and cheat others whether they are Nigerians or not. Crypto currency provides such as it can easily be used for illegal transactions. This is because the privacy and security of cryptocurrency transactions are high, it’s hard for the government to track down any user by their wallet address or keep tabs on their data. Crypto has been used as a mode of exchanging money in a lot of illegal deals in the past, such as buying drugs on the dark web. Cryptocurrencies are also used by some to convert their illicitly obtained money through a clean intermediary, to hide its source. If not stopped, our Yahoo Yahoo Boys will be having field day to the detriment of our battered refutation as a country.
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Okudiover(m): 3:14pm On Feb 07, 2021
Esseite:

Modified:

Thank you very much.
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by hartson(m): 10:19am On Feb 09, 2021
Will read all reactions later
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by pocohantas(f): 6:05pm On Feb 18, 2021
jornwhite:

IF you've been observance you would know atiku solidarity/support to any course under buhari administration further complicate issues.
Infact atiku as just succeeded in making buhari feel he did the right thing ... which is fighting corruption.

Please don’t hesitate to quote me with your new moniker. I am not observance, might not notice you on time.kiss kiss
Re: Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business by Druss(m): 3:52am On Apr 18, 2021
Druss:

Where do we lose more money; corruption or investments in cryptocurrencies? What next? They will crack down on Trove, Bamboo etc because people use it to buy foreign stocks?

Looks like I was right!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Soldier Killed In Abia Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) / Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million / Adesina: Buhari Sold His House To Get His Child Forex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.