Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? (31177 Views)

What Was The Craziest Thing You Experienced In Secondary School? / 15 Year Old Female Student Had 9 A's In Waec, Scored 305 In Jamb - Twitter User. / What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Sterope(f): 9:30pm On May 02, 2021
You flog someone's child and it leads to something else, goodluck to you.

DonMekino:
ppl shouting about flogging another person's child, u should always consider certain circumstances, it's very wrong to flog a sick child. I taught in a private school for almost ten years. a child (teenager) atimes needs a little flogging to bring back the senses.
I once had an experience whereby a girl was proving stubborn in class. I could not remember what happened but she walked out of the class. her younger brother who was in the lower class reported to the father at home. the next day, the dad came to school visibly angry with four sticks of cane....he demanded to know the teacher that refused to flog his daughter for being naughty. it was funny sha, but in truth, his children are not the stubborn type and he told me to flog them if they dare misbehave.
I had multiple experiences as a teacher, and sometimes I miss the thrills of the secondary school environment.
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Sterope(f): 9:31pm On May 02, 2021
No one is touching my kids.
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 02, 2021
You all forming holier than thy here... tell us the shit you all did with them
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Drone95(m): 9:46pm On May 02, 2021
I'm here to read comments! grin
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Drone95(m): 9:59pm On May 02, 2021
grin
alfarouq:
Hmmn. Let me air my own experience

while waiting for NYSC, i decided to make some money by teaching Mathematics in a Secondary School close to my House. I graduated from that school and was one of the best students in my year, so getting the job was not difficult especially when the Mathematics teacher for the Junior section is going for further studies.

There was a particular girl in JSS2, the brightest in the class. I noticed right from the first day I started taking them Mathematics, she looks at me with in a way I could not place. I just ignore her and do as though I don't know she islooking at me strangely.

After like two weeks into me becoming their Math teacher, I was taking a particular topic, was it Scientific notification or Indices, I can't remember. I did a few examples and asked if any one has a question. She raised her hand.

Me: What is your question?
Girl: What course did you study in the University?
Me: Electrical Engineering
Girl: Sir, why didn't you study Medicine?, the way you are intelligent, if you had studied Medicine, you won't be suffering teaching.
Me: with a smirk, "Don't you like the way an intelligent person is taking you Maths?"
Girl: I like it, but your Kind belong to the hospital not holding chalk and shouting 2x-3x

You should have asked her if she can fund ur studies in medical, you are ready to become a doctor

2 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by sniperr007(m): 10:28pm On May 02, 2021
rottable:
I asked all students to tell me their future ambition and one of them said he wants to become a Yahoo Boy. I was so angry that I flogged mercilessly. Some months later when I saw him, he was already into Yahoo.

Lesson is that you messed up. You failed the boy..

You could have use a better ways than flogging.
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Eyanbahose: 11:12pm On May 02, 2021
ciro11:
There was this boy I used to teach at home, he should be in primary one at the time, He used to creep me out as he points to a specific direction crying and screaming with fear that a boy was there watching him and sometimes he also claims that the boy is coming towards us. But one thing about the whole issue is that I don't see anyone in the direction he's pointing to
so what now happened afterwards?

1 Like

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Eyanbahose: 11:16pm On May 02, 2021
Dagrace01:
Well I saw a note in my female student's book baring her phone number and she wrote 'pls call me' under the number..
I called her to my table and handed the note to her saying I found this..
She said it's meant for me that her mother wants me to call her..
Note: She's in SS2, about 18yrs, busty and sumptuous..
Well I actually called her mom immediately but she didn't pick..

Later in the evening after school has closed while I'm downing some bottles of beer with my friends the number called back, thinking it was her mum I picked and left the table...
Surprisingly it was my student that called, she said she's home alone that I should come to her place that she doesn't understand a certain topic well, I should come and explain better, that she'll forward her address to me..

Onigbese! Moya pa foonu..
Went back to my drink, didn't bother telling my friends cos guys can be stupid especially in the spirit of intoxication, not ready to listen to their advices..

The next day at school she had the efontery to walk up to me and query me for switching off my phone, omo! E shock me ooo.. I had to go wild with her, told her to kneel down.
Obviously there was questions written on her classmates' faces but I changed the topic and and asked her why she didn't do my assignment, warned her sternly that next time she tries it I'll report her to the Principal, I gave her six strokes of the cane, first time I'm flogging anyone in the class...
And that was the end of the story, she never came back for me.
Alakoba!

Not that she's not attractive, not that I'm perfect or holy, but omo! My brain isn't in my gbola ooo..
hahahahahaha. Funniest thing I've read in this thread.

1 Like

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Exodora: 11:56pm On May 02, 2021
CrazyMan:
Stop flogging other people's kids, I witnessed a live incident during my NYSC, days a female corper flogged a Jss2 student, the guy just fainted. It took the grace of God for us to revive him. Turned out that the guy wasn't sick but hungry.

Many people are starving, you can always communicate your message to them in a more civilized way than flogging them like animals, cos if you end up killing the child, the same community you're serving wouldn't hesitate to give you the jungle justice treatment.

Back to the topic... during my NYSC, a female student came to me and asked me where I stay, I told her what does she want to do in my house, she told me she wants to play with my pénis (although she didn't call it pénis directly. She called it pipe) I looked at her for some seconds after she told me what she meant by pipe and asked her how old she was, she told me 11, I shook my head and told her that it's very wrong for a woman to see a man's pipe let alone play with it that it can lead to severe stomach ache or death.

This child gave me the shock of my life when she told me that she plays with her uncle's own and he loves seeing her play with it and suck it. Upon further inquiries it turned out that she's a victim of sexual abuse by her own uncle whom she lives with.

I reported the incident to a mature female teacher who promised me that she'll get to the root of the matter, guess what....she did absolutely nothing, instead the uncle came and threatened me then withdrew the girl from the school.

I kept on asking myself, how did this so called mature female teacher handle this incident that it reached this level?

Not every elderly person is as matured as one thinks, I really felt for the child, never saw her again. This incident still troubles me till today even though it happened almost a decade ago.
Don't be surprise when she comes of age and understand that she has been abused and then want to fight for her right some people here will still accuse of telling lies .
, disgrace and say many sh#t about her.

1 Like

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by DICKstractor: 1:17am On May 03, 2021
77star:

grin grin grin
Why I'm laughing is that
The first time I started teaching officially
I taught these pupils in basic 5 class
Taught them,Taught them,Taught them,
Taught them,Taught them,Taught them,

Baba, them no understand o
And I be one kind of person who likes to satisfy pple, if u no understand, I no go gree move on

U must succeed by fire by force sha ni under me, Na so I teach, teach, teach, them no understand.

Na so dem wan review all what we've taught our pupils o

Guess what?
I only taught my pupils 3 topics for a whole first term in mathematics

Come see the way oga roar at me like a lion grin

Is it my fault?
When I used all the available teaching methods and them no get nko?

Exactly my point
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Estellie: 1:22am On May 03, 2021
rottable:
I asked all students to tell me their future ambition and one of them said he wants to become a Yahoo Boy. I was so angry that I flogged mercilessly. Some months later when I saw him, he was already into Yahoo.
Good to know your merciless strokes didn’t do shiit. Naija teachers with flogging sad angry make I born first! angry

There are better ways to correct a child. In a case like that, what that boy needed most was proper counseling and advise, buh what did you do?
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by ultimateprof: 4:47am On May 03, 2021
Student once told me that wickedness fits me perfectly, but it doesn't fit other teachers!

On another occasion, my SS2 student said that her ambition is to marry that she wants to kpopkori...

Lastly, when asking them what they want to be in future, none of them wants to be a teacher, but politician so that they can corner public found said my SS1 student!
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by ciro11(m): 4:52am On May 03, 2021
Eyanbahose:
so what now happened afterwards?

it seems his mother is aware of what's going on because she later told me that the boy finds it difficult to sleep at night (probably because he's afraid of something). I didn't teach him for long, I later stopped because of school. Although when I saw him last, not too long ago, he was looking better than before, I guess his parents had solved the problem of the unseen boy.

1 Like

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by ThatFairGuy1: 5:42am On May 03, 2021
bukatyne:

As a teacher, why didn't you probe the boy further to understand what was really going on?

His mother likes him at home doing what?

Is he abused?

You missed a chance bro.
Yes he's being abuse by his mum

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by DonMekino(m): 7:00am On May 03, 2021
Sterope:
You flog someone's child and it leads to something else, goodluck to you.

it's not leading to anything, many times ppl talk of flogging as if it's one hell of a beating, these teenagers fight and inflict wounds more severe than flogging itself, and none has ever died. a boy once punched a fellow boy in my school and his two front teeth came off....what should I have done to the boy? begin to pet him immediately? my dear discipline is painful but the reward is gainful, to that I'm a living testimony. I'm not saying u should kill though

1 Like

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Sterope(f): 7:24am On May 03, 2021
An adult is not a child. An adult should know better.

DonMekino:

it's not leading to anything, many times ppl talk of flogging as if it's one hell of a beating, these teenagers fight and inflict wounds more severe than flogging itself, and none has ever died. a boy once punched a fellow boy in my school and his two front teeth came off....what should I have done to the boy? begin to pet him immediately? my dear discipline is painful but the reward is gainful, to that I'm a living testimony. I'm not saying u should kill though
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by omgismholly(f): 7:44am On May 03, 2021
Twas during my service year, one of my student (SS1) told his friends he liked me n they encouraged him to approach me which he did. I just told him it was common among students to feel that way towards their teacher but he would out grow it soon cause its a phase.
I was the only female corp member in the school even among staffs.
some other corp members where saying I should have flogged him, I just smiled. Me that was scared for my head

4 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by majamajic(m): 8:25am On May 03, 2021
Jayslyder:

Hope this ain't the kinda English u use in teaching?

He only made a mistake ,leaving instead of living , which he even corrected at the end, he used living later

Some mistakes are not that serious

1 Like

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by DonMekino(m): 11:26am On May 03, 2021
Sterope:
An adult is not a child. An adult should know better.

by children in this context I mean between ages 12-19, we adults should help and train them with loving discipline instead of being accomplice in indiscipline, that's why we have this level of juvenile despondency in our society. ppl are forming too much trying to copy oyibo
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Sterope(f): 12:24pm On May 03, 2021
Juvenile despondency is the consequence results of years of discipline. How often do our fathers and grandfathers who occupied our esteemed political offices show this discipline?

DonMekino:

by children in this context I mean between ages 12-19, we adults should help and train them with loving discipline instead of being accomplice in indiscipline, that's why we have this level of juvenile despondency in our society. ppl are forming too much trying to copy oyibo
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Prettylima(f): 12:37pm On May 03, 2021
Blyzz:
You all forming holier than thy here... tell us the shit you all did with them
don't mind them all of them forming Mr holy holy
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by judey1992(m): 1:02pm On May 03, 2021
Ficient:
I thought during NYSC, Chemistry, Physics, Geography and almost every other subject at JSS level. I offered my services to another school, private lessons, even night adult school. I made some cash sha, but concluded teaching was too stressful. Make I no go turn teacher for future.

Worse thing I heard from a student was "corper, you dey do like say you no know wetin dey". From an ss3 girl after many attempts to seduce me. Spoilt kids that year, fond of opening their legs to display their panties as you are teaching. Na so one aboki corper gbola go raise as dem show am pant, the whole school hear d gist.

Happened in Kabba, Kogi state.

Which school in Kabba cos I served in WiseVirgin College and Olutayo Secondary school in 2018

1 Like

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by alfarouq(m): 2:10pm On May 03, 2021
Drone95:
;DYou should have asked her if she can fund ur studies in medical, you are ready to become a doctor
My guy, I weak and just continued with my lesson.
I have always pitied teachers since that encounter especially those been paid peanuts as salary
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 03, 2021
Prettylima:

don't mind them all of them forming Mr holy holy
I dey tell you. Everybody na saint cheesy
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by temi1290: 5:13pm On May 03, 2021
alfarouq:

while waiting for NYSC, i decided to make some money by teaching Mathematics in a Secondary School close to my House. I graduated from that school and was one of the best students in my year, so getting the job was not difficult especially when the Mathematics teacher for the Junior section is going for further studies.

There was a particular girl in JSS2, the brightest in the class. I noticed right from the first day I started taking them Mathematics, she looks at me with in a way I could not place. I just ignore her and do as though I don't know she islooking at me strangely.

After like two weeks into me becoming their Math teacher, I was taking a particular topic, was it Scientific notification or Indices, I can't remember. I did a few examples and asked if any one has a question. She raised her hand.

Girl: Sir, why didn't you study Medicine?, the way you are intelligent, if you had studied Medicine, you won't be suffering teaching.
Me: with a smirk, "Don't you like the way an intelligent person is taking you Maths?"
Girl: I like it, but your Kind belong to the hospital not holding chalk and shouting 2x-3x

Had a teacher like this in secondary school, that dude was too brilliant to be a teacher.

1 Like

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Emperormartin(m): 7:26pm On May 03, 2021
alfarouq:

That's how one girl bimbo in my class during my Nysc days asked "sir why do you like keeping beards."
I was too stunned to react as the whole class erupted with uproar. She continued "it doesn't fit you"
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 03, 2021
judey1992:

Which school in Kabba cos I served in WiseVirgin College and Olutayo Secondary school in 2018
LG comprehensive, 2010

1 Like

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by DonMekino(m): 7:26am On May 04, 2021
Sterope:
Juvenile despondency is the consequence results of years of discipline. How often do our fathers and grandfathers who occupied our esteemed political offices show this discipline?

that's on the political scene, but in our immediate environment we can still rescue the situation in our own little way. I'm not saying we should be aggressive or physically abuse the child, but then, certain acts of misbehavior can warrant little wiping.... even the holy book says "foolishness is abound in the heart of the child, but the rod of corrections takes it away"
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Alexaonfleek: 8:23am On May 04, 2021
Anaerobi:
Been a teacher in one primary school in one of the northern state.

so one day, I was teaching my primary 2 pupils classes of food, when I got to Protein, I have this pupils Ahmed by name. who is just something else that every teacher is just tired of him. so that day his class mate were mentioning foods that gives protein to the body.

When I look around, Ahmed hand was up, I was happy that Ahmed will contribute. so I gave him the go ahead, as the whole class was silent to hear what Ahmed will say.

Ahmed stood up and said Grasshopper....

[/b]I was like, Ahmed, grasshopper as Protein[b]..

Technically...he's correct
People eat grasshoppers all the time
Grasshoppers are a good source of animal protein
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Anaerobi(m): 9:55am On May 04, 2021
Alexaonfleek:
Technically...he's correct People eat grasshoppers all the time Grasshoppers are a good source of animal protein
actually he is
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by MrMacinterchi1: 12:32am On May 06, 2021
Onnasucs1:
I was a teacher in primary one 4 years ago. A 6 year old pupil who could barely spell, used her pencil to write on her exercise book:

"Uncle {my name}, I love you"

I was shocked. At such an age, what does she know? I behaved like i didn't see it. I seriously didn't want to make a big deal out of it.

It was crazy
your pupil can actually love you. It's nothing to make a big deal out of.
You can love her/him right back

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Full List Of COURSES Offered By FUNAAB- Careerpingger / Lady Gets An A In Her Project After Using Burna Boy As Her Case Study / Woman Suffers Heart Attack Trying To Explain Math Problem To Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.