Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? (31157 Views)

What Was The Craziest Thing You Experienced In Secondary School? / 15 Year Old Female Student Had 9 A's In Waec, Scored 305 In Jamb - Twitter User. / What’s The Most Painful Thing A Lecturer Has Ever Done Or Said To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by alfarouq(m): 5:11pm On May 02, 2021
Hmmn. Let me air my own experience

while waiting for NYSC, i decided to make some money by teaching Mathematics in a Secondary School close to my House. I graduated from that school and was one of the best students in my year, so getting the job was not difficult especially when the Mathematics teacher for the Junior section is going for further studies.

There was a particular girl in JSS2, the brightest in the class. I noticed right from the first day I started taking them Mathematics, she looks at me with in a way I could not place. I just ignore her and do as though I don't know she islooking at me strangely.

After like two weeks into me becoming their Math teacher, I was taking a particular topic, was it Scientific notification or Indices, I can't remember. I did a few examples and asked if any one has a question. She raised her hand.

Me: What is your question?
Girl: What course did you study in the University?
Me: Electrical Engineering
Girl: Sir, why didn't you study Medicine?, the way you are intelligent, if you had studied Medicine, you won't be suffering teaching.
Me: with a smirk, "Don't you like the way an intelligent person is taking you Maths?"
Girl: I like it, but your Kind belong to the hospital not holding chalk and shouting 2x-3x

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Lemmy123(m): 5:12pm On May 02, 2021
Cromagnon:
sex is perverted?
How did you get here?
Ate you a test tube baby?
Will judging teach control or will it force them underground into the hands of baba ijesha type of perverts.

All I'm saying is sex is a tool for keeping the species going

Not good not bad

Just a reality that burying head in sand will not helo

They want to know more(right and wrong) but those that know (you) choose to leave them to find out the hard way when you force them to hide for fear of being labelled perverted
Well, on a second thought, I think you're right...
If I was their teacher, I probably have time with them, but it was a one-time encounter... The parents have the larger chunk of the work to do, the teachers can only try... Kudos to you

2 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 02, 2021
Ficient:

Kogi state
Wow. Cause those Edo pikin worse ehn. So I was expecting Edo. Anyways, they are all neighbors
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by HolySpiritFire(f): 5:19pm On May 02, 2021
Lol! 11 is even big, some nairalanders are busy defending baba Ijesha for molesting a defenseless 7 year old child! I mean, a 7 yr old! It send shivers down my spine to consider, these are the kind of people I share this country with? Kids are no longer safe. God help us.
dochenaj:
That's a painful story. An 11 year old. Some men should not be allowed to breathe the same air as me.

1 Like

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Ofadaman(m): 5:19pm On May 02, 2021
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Dagrace01(m): 5:19pm On May 02, 2021
Well I saw a note in my female student's book baring her phone number and she wrote 'pls call me' under the number..
I called her to my table and handed the note to her saying I found this..
She said it's meant for me that her mother wants me to call her..
Note: She's in SS2, about 18yrs, busty and sumptuous..
Well I actually called her mom immediately but she didn't pick..

Later in the evening after school has closed while I'm downing some bottles of beer with my friends the number called back, thinking it was her mum I picked and left the table...
Surprisingly it was my student that called, she said she's home alone that I should come to her place that she doesn't understand a certain topic well, I should come and explain better, that she'll forward her address to me..

Onigbese! Moya pa foonu..
Went back to my drink, didn't bother telling my friends cos guys can be stupid especially in the spirit of intoxication, not ready to listen to their advices..

The next day at school she had the efontery to walk up to me and query me for switching off my phone, omo! E shock me ooo.. I had to go wild with her, told her to kneel down.
Obviously there was questions written on her classmates' faces but I changed the topic and and asked her why she didn't do my assignment, warned her sternly that next time she tries it I'll report her to the Principal, I gave her six strokes of the cane, first time I'm flogging anyone in the class...
And that was the end of the story, she never came back for me.
Alakoba!

Not that she's not attractive, not that I'm perfect or holy, but omo! My brain isn't in my gbola ooo..

21 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Ofadaman(m): 5:41pm On May 02, 2021
I served in the north, I was 20 during my service year and most of the student I teach in senior class were either same age or older than me. I thought Biology and Geography.

Wouldn't deny, I was a friendly teacher but didn't spare the rod (I mean cane) and knowing I was very handsome , I deliberately avoided the female students , there's always a note in their assignment with love letter, phone number, I get chats on 2go, don't know how they got my number and visitation in ungodly hours but I didn't yield.

My best experience was teaching them geography and I'd use tools and maps to explain things with videos and pictures, they'd ask lots of questions and I felt sorry for them for the lack of exposures which isn't their fault.

My students always bring a goat or ram to my lodge every week, and two wheelbarrows of onions, groundnuts and yams. Every other week , even If I told them to stop.

Teachers are very important ,if you find yourself in such position ,don't take advantage of students, don't teach them trash, help them grow they'd remember you more than if you take advantage of them. Won't deny,my first job was a student (fulani) who now the local chairman there, he spoke to his dad who recommended me for a job

7 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by bluefilm: 5:55pm On May 02, 2021
soundOsonic:
Guys taking up the mantle of teaching is crazy, there are fun aspects of being a teacher and there are also the well not fun aspect of teaching. In this line of occupation you meet strange kids, I will be sharing the craziest thing a student said to me as a Teacher.

Well as a Teacher teaching mathematics, my favorite class just happen to be the SS1 class being that they are the less noisy and very easy to manage. The other SSS classes seemed to be rogue to young teachers like myself.

There was a day, I was teaching them and I am the kind of guy that adds humor to my teaching and tease both the boys and girls, but there was this particular boy that skips school like as if he is a part timer. I rarely see him, I don't really know him, I don't even know about his performance and even how to tease him.

So I asked for my assignment as that is the manner of things before introducing the topic for the day and this boy didn't do it.
Now this is an opportunity to know him, funny enough you know the kind of person a student is after you flog him or her just by watching their countenance.

Some wear expression of remorse, anger, fear, extreme sadness while very few just appear to be indifferent.
I took the long skinny cane and added a smirk to my face and notice this slender boy was sweating like he just went for a dive in otamiri river somewhere in imo state.

I held my peace and asked if anything was wrong, he answered nothing. I asked " why are you sweating" the whole class started laughing, and they chorused "he just like sweating".

Well I have never seen anybody whose hubby is sweating.

I smiled and then reduced his corporal punishment to just 3 stroke the initial smacking suppose to be 6 and I gave him some good smacking.
I later met him and asked why he rarely comes to school, his reply was "my mummy just like when I am home with her'"
It just sounded crazy to me, maybe I was expecting a reasonable answer but in actuality he was telling the truth. It was that day I knew some parent just let their kids decide any time they wish to go to school. Well he made a bad decision of coming to school that day sha, that's because he got some good flogging.

This story is very funny to me. grin grin grin
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Cromagnon: 5:56pm On May 02, 2021
Lemmy123:

Well, on a second thought, I think you're right...
If I was their teacher, I probably have time with them, but it was a one-time encounter... The parents have the larger chunk of the work to do, the teachers can only try... Kudos to you
no gbege
I understand you could not cover every in one sitting
My issue was with the mindset of condemning the children
If not careful it will carry over to when you're a parent or teacher unbeknownst to you
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Benwallt(m): 6:03pm On May 02, 2021
Usually, whenever I want entered the class the shout of uncle you look handsome rent the air. They come for handshake which I alway perform hurriedly but there was one annoyingly passive girl. I used to ignore her n behave as if she doesn't exit. Fast-forward to this particular day after the exchange with the other students I asked her, how do I look? Without mincing word, she said you look irresponsible Sir. As in my sense left me n I stared blindly at her. I did not even have any form of energy for attack.

6 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by markopaulo(m): 6:23pm On May 02, 2021
my days as a student teacher at queen amina college Kaduna ,I was the French teacher taking jss3 so we finished treating days of the week ,then I gave them a small test.one girl that was always absent in my class told me teacher don't vex I don't know what to write,I found it funny and sad at least others wrote Judea for me .I look at a book and her surname guess what she was the daughter of an uncle who was a senior staff in the school ,so I did not flog her again but las las she fail the subject
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by nwabuwa: 6:39pm On May 02, 2021
i started teaching in a private school down east after my NCE programme. the craziest thing a student ever told me was that "sir u are too shy". off course I knew the area she was coming from, I immediately told her never to enter my office alone. A Jss 2 girl for that matter... Secondly was a boy that I flogged walking up to me on the street telling me that he has not forgotten the cane.

2 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by soundOsonic: 6:43pm On May 02, 2021
Culture101:

Please go through your write up and correct your mistakes.....
You should know better as a teacher.
Lol my initial write up had no error.
It was my reply that had a little error dude.
When I replied that message, my attention was divided. The only error there was spelling error, so I will correct it.

1 Like

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by soundOsonic: 6:48pm On May 02, 2021
litigator:

And after that, what did you do to help his condition so he can develop in character and in learning, being the Teacher that you are?

You should be ashamed of yourself, if all you succeeded in doing was give him more reason to stay away from school.
What did I do to help him?
Nothing of course than to remind him to come to school.
The parent had a larger share of the problem. I can't go and confront the mother, my jurisdiction as a teacher is restricted to only the school.
I am not a school counselor or a psychologist or even God.
You can lead the horse to the riverbank but you can't force the horse to drink it.

I was paid to teach academics that's all, and give moral and beneficial advice to my then student not as a teacher but as an elder.

Teachers should know their boundaries.

3 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by soundOsonic: 6:55pm On May 02, 2021
BrainSanitizer:

You mean you flogged someone's child in school?
That must be a very local school in a remote village.

Yes I flog someone child with their permission.
The parent are quite aware their ward get some whooping.
Besides, civilization should not replace discipline.
I don't flog out of anger. I flog to execute punishment and the student understand this. Most of them laugh when they get flogged and it isn't medieval torture like you are envisioning lol.
There is nothing wrong in flogging a child, the only thing wrong about flogging is when it is done out of anger.
That is why you see bruises and stuff.

You are not a teacher and you won't understand.

And yea I am no longer a teacher that was then.

3 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by soundOsonic: 6:57pm On May 02, 2021
Deicide:
You day craze for head
Really your definition of crazy Mr. Sane
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Vinnie2000(m): 7:06pm On May 02, 2021
@d OP, Nice and Creative Post from You!!

Mine was in 2016 During my NYSC Days In a Community close to Zaki biam in Benue State!! Was Teaching Literature in English in a SS3 Class Filled with doz Tiv Girls with Big boobs..

Then was telling dem about Sources of Literature and about Legend, Folkdance, Myth,etc..I asked dem whether dey even Watch Films?? Was talking about Odyssey,Troy, etc

One Dark complexioned Girl called Dorathy now mumbled something to her Seatmate..I quietly went to d seatmate and asked her 'wat did ur Friend say??'..

She didn't want to Tell but later told me dat 'She dey watch only Blue Films'..

I just Smiled n asked Dorathy 'Why do you like Blue Films', What do you even Gain frm it?? Her Friend now told me in Thick Tiv accent 'E go make Girl Sabi how to do the Thing Well well'..

I immediately Faced d board n copied my Note but couldn't help but Laff secretly!!

Really, Teenage/Sec skul Girls are so sexually corrupt..Now, wen I hear stories of sec sch male teachers succumbing to dier temptations, I understand dier plight!!

All d same, Let every Guy out der Try develop Self-control wen Teenage or Little Girls tempt you!!

1 Like

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Vinnie2000(m): 7:16pm On May 02, 2021
Benwallt:
Usually, whenever I want entered the class the shout of uncle you look handsome rent the air. They come for handshake which I alway perform hurriedly but there was one annoyingly passive girl. I used to ignore her n behave as if she doesn't exit. Fast-forward to this particular day after the exchange with the other students I asked her, how do I look? Without mincing word, she said you look irresponsible Sir. As in my sense left me n I stared blindly at her. I did not even have any form of energy for attack.

Lolsss, dis is freaking Hilarious!! Hope u did not wear Skinny Penciled Trousers to Skul??

Going to Skul to Wow students with Dressing..Una Funny ehn..

1 Like

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 02, 2021
During my service year I taught in a primary school. I was teaching one day and decided to ask the students what they want to be in the future. One of the students told me he will like to be a Keke driver. I was surprised, then the other students explained further that his Dad is a Keke driver too.

3 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 02, 2021
soundOsonic:

What did I do to help him?
Nothing of course than to remind him to come to school.
The parent had a larger share of the problem. I can't go and confront the mother, my jurisdiction as a teacher is restricted to only the school.
I am not a school counselor or a psychologist or even God.
You can lead the horse to the riverbank but you can't force the horse to drink it.

I was paid to teach academics that's all, and give moral and beneficial advice to my then student not as a teacher but as an elder.

Teachers should know their boundaries.

Motigbo
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 02, 2021
the students usually come to greet me anytime I arrive school. That particular day I did my makeup different, I used lined my lips with eye pencil. One of the primary 5 students, a boy, told me that that makeup I did wasn't good. That I shouldn't be applying such things. I do know what to say, I just told him get out of here, but I actually cleaned it up.

4 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by ciro11(m): 8:05pm On May 02, 2021
There was this boy I used to teach at home, he should be in primary one at the time, He used to creep me out as he points to a specific direction crying and screaming with fear that a boy was there watching him and sometimes he also claims that the boy is coming towards us. But one thing about the whole issue is that I don't see anyone in the direction he's pointing to

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by bikefab(m): 8:15pm On May 02, 2021
This was many years ago, I asked my student in a JSS 3 class-i took them on business studies-why he always wore a particular odd looking ring on his 3rd finger, his reply was that it was a voodoo laced ring given to him by his father. The said ring was to always warn him of any imminent danger.
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by walexsho(m): 8:19pm On May 02, 2021
Master... School na Scam, Many Graduates put their Certificate aside riding Okada and Driving Marwa. Some even opted for teaching.

1 Like

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by ELKenani: 8:34pm On May 02, 2021
[color=#550000][/color] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
atheistandproud:
Ella in SS2, three years ago, the last period on a Friday, after biology practical, dilly dallied and was the last to leave the lab. I stood by the door impatient, so I could lock it and go home to my playstation.

She had drawn up her skirt above her knees and unbuttoned the first two buttons, and catwalked up to me. I didn't even care, na house dey my mind. I basically dragged her out and locked the door.

On Monday, she passed me on the hallway and whispered, "Mr J, you're not trying oh".
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by 77star: 8:36pm On May 02, 2021
DICKstractor:
undecided

I guess Op you schooled either in federal polytechnic nekede or Futo

Back to the topic. I've never taught in a school before. I only teach my course mates. I avoid teaching in school like it's a pledge. I'm a kind of person, that won't move on to the next topic until I see almost everybody is following and that can be mentally and physically draining

grin grin grin
Why I'm laughing is that
The first time I started teaching officially
I taught these pupils in basic 5 class
Taught them,Taught them,Taught them,
Taught them,Taught them,Taught them,

Baba, them no understand o
And I be one kind of person who likes to satisfy pple, if u no understand, I no go gree move on

U must succeed by fire by force sha ni under me, Na so I teach, teach, teach, them no understand.

Na so dem wan review all what we've taught our pupils o

Guess what?
I only taught my pupils 3 topics for a whole first term in mathematics

Come see the way oga roar at me like a lion grin

Is it my fault?
When I used all the available teaching methods and them no get nko?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Onyenna(m): 8:40pm On May 02, 2021
CrazyMan:
Stop flogging other people's kids, I witnessed a live incident during my NYSC, days a female corper flogged a Jss2 student, the guy just fainted. It took the grace of God for us to revive him. Turned out that the guy wasn't sick but hungry.

Many people are starving, you can always communicate your message to them in a more civilized way than flogging them like animals, cos if you end up killing the child, the same community you're serving wouldn't hesitate to give you the jungle justice treatment.

Back to the topic... during my NYSC, a female student came to me and asked me where I stay, I told her what does she want to do in my house, she told me she wants to play with my pénis (although she didn't call it pénis directly. She called it pipe) I looked at her for some seconds after she told me what she meant by pipe and asked her how old she was, she told me 11, I shook my head and told her that it's very wrong for a woman to see a man's pipe let alone play with it that it can lead to severe stomach ache or death.

This child gave me the shock of my life when she told me that she plays with her uncle's own and he loves seeing her play with it and suck it. Upon further inquiries it turned out that she's a victim of sexual abuse by her own uncle whom she lives with.

I reported the incident to a mature female teacher who promised me that she'll get to the root of the matter, guess what....she did absolutely nothing, instead the uncle came and threatened me then withdrew the girl from the school.

I kept on asking myself, how did this so called mature female teacher handle this incident that it reached this level?

Not every elderly person is as matured as one thinks, I really felt for the child, never saw her again. This incident still troubles me till today even though it happened almost a decade ago.

My Nysc was in Benue state. I handled Mathematics SS1, 2 and 3.... Some of the SS3 and 2 girls badly wanted to know where i stayed.... They kept asking and i kept on posting them.....
On this fateful day, after school, i walked home as usual. On getting to the entrance of my compound, I heard a female voice call out to me. I turned around, and damn, it was an SS3 student!!!!!! This girl stalked me!!!!! I was shocked!! She told me she finally discovered where i stayed and she was gonna come to my house later...... That was how i entered “ghost mode” in my own compound..... I successfully finished my Nysc and left quietly without touching any of them...... Benue state is something else.....

8 Likes

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by PotatoSalad(m): 8:47pm On May 02, 2021
[quote author=joshima post=101314630][/quote]
He sleeps comfortably, the 10x richer person watches his back everytime. Always jumpy whenever he sees the cops.
Na peace of mind my guy, yahoo money no fit do am. There's a special feeling when you spend your own money.

1 Like

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by Benwallt(m): 8:58pm On May 02, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Lolsss, dis is freaking Hilarious!! Hope u did not wear Skinny Penciled Trousers to Skul??

Going to Skul to Wow students with Dressing..Una Funny ehn..
Bros I weak that day nor be small.

1 Like

Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by 77star: 9:12pm On May 02, 2021
Harmored:
Mine is very funny experience though with a boy (Tom; fake name) from jss1...he’s a twin but his twin brother (jerry) attends another school.... the boy in my school Tom is very cool and gentle... so on this day this boy came to the school before break he had fought with 3 people in the class... when it was break he went into the girls toilet... so while I was teaching their class I got to discover his hand writhing was looking rough and different and I asked why he couldn’t talk... that was how a class mate of them who knew the twin called to my attention that he is not the one it’s his twin... I was amazed grin so we took him to the principal office, they called their parents and we discovered Tom was sick so his twin brother came to impersonate him... we all laughed it off... the second day his twin brother came back
Oh my God
Ah, Nigerian parents,
Chai
Re: The Craziest Thing A Student Had Ever Told You As A Teacher? by DonMekino(m): 9:19pm On May 02, 2021
ppl shouting about flogging another person's child, u should always consider certain circumstances, it's very wrong to flog a sick child. I taught in a private school for almost ten years. a child (teenager) atimes needs a little flogging to bring back the senses.
I once had an experience whereby a girl was proving stubborn in class. I could not remember what happened but she walked out of the class. her younger brother who was in the lower class reported to the father at home. the next day, the dad came to school visibly angry with four sticks of cane....he demanded to know the teacher that refused to flog his daughter for being naughty. it was funny sha, but in truth, his children are not the stubborn type and he told me to flog them if they dare misbehave.
I had multiple experiences as a teacher, and sometimes I miss the thrills of the secondary school environment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Suffers Heart Attack Trying To Explain Math Problem To Son / Why You Shouldn't Send A Minor Abroad To Study On Her Own - Nigerian Lady / Full List Of COURSES Offered By FUNAAB- Careerpingger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.