Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church - Events (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church (64967 Views)

Aso-ebi Girls Join Couple To Dance In The Rain During Traditional Wedding (video / Bride Refuses To Smile As Husband Sprays Her Naira Notes At Their Wedding / Kiss Between Islamic Scholar & His Bride At Their Wedding Sparks Outrage (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Funkeshuga(m): 11:11am On Feb 07, 2021
Righteousness2:
This is so Deep!
She was 5mins late and the Pastor left.

This is Exactly how it's gonna be when the Bridegroom, JESUS Comes for His Bride.

Many will be busy with the affairs of the World, only to Suddenly discover that JESUS has come and has snatched all who were ready.

Many will Suddenly realize that while they were busy with this and that , JESUS the Bridegroom has come and has Shut the Door,

There will Crying and Gnashing of teeth by those who are left behind..

Now is the time to Watch and Pray,
Now is the time to Prepare so as not to be left behind.

are you justifying what this pastor did or what
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by rollandben(m): 11:14am On Feb 07, 2021
Biko, is it must to do Church wedding...after traditional wedding has been done!!
the groom fuckup sha, if na me, I no go look that pastor twice when I would command my people to start sharing rice and other items with our quest. That's just another short cut to white wedding.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by SmartPolician: 11:15am On Feb 07, 2021
extol1:
if I am the bride, I ask them to start sharing the rice. wedding over, since it is ceremonial

Rollandben and many others who hold this rice-sharing opinions.

FYI, sharing of food is merely fulfilling all righteousness. There's no wedding if they weren't joined in holy matrimony by any man of God.

That's why it's good to be close to men of God or dedicated to church activities. If the couple was dedicated to church activities, there was no way this pastor would turn them down.

Either way, what the pastor did was so wrong. Simple reprimand should have settled it but he went too far.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by keypha1: 11:16am On Feb 07, 2021
May be the pastor is eyeing the lady since, anyway is for does that prefer to worship dady pastors that parm their hair than put there trust in God.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by 9japride(m): 11:17am On Feb 07, 2021
Its not right? So the pastor he's saying himself hasn't offended God in anyway? Man should stop playing God.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by tnerro1(m): 11:20am On Feb 07, 2021
I sure the pastor has been making advances at her and she turned him down,hence he is trying to get back at her.

Anybody that introduces themselves to me as Pastor........, I start watching them closely with one eye
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by ainas247: 11:20am On Feb 07, 2021
Righteousness2:
This is so Deep!

This is Exactly how it's gonna be when the Bridegroom, JESUS Comes for His Bride.

Many will be busy with the affairs of the World, only to Suddenly discover that JESUS has come and has snatched all who were ready.

Many will Suddenly realize that while they were busy with this and that , JESUS the Bridegroom has come and has Shut the Door,

Bros or madam, is this what you can say about this...
Why we don’t like telling the truth.

what the pastor did was wrong.. you ignore that completely. Seems you supported the pastor action with your comment above.

It is well my brother or my sister.

God bless you
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Jadeng: 11:22am On Feb 07, 2021
If you do not know mercy you kill people with the sword of truth in God's Name! Which is not the spirit of God .
The God we serve is full of mercies and compassion!
The action of that pastor is NOT Christ ~like.

Little wonder scripture many are called BUT few are chosen.

If that couple has done their traditional marriage, nothing to worry, it is what the law recognizes.

Go to any other Church for marriage blessing... period !

I bless your marriage in the Name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
I declare your marriage fruitful in all ramifications in Jesus Name.

Amen !

Go and weep no more.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Tremple8v: 11:23am On Feb 07, 2021
Observation is allowed , Pastor fit don take Colorado and action bitters .
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Masco2006: 11:28am On Feb 07, 2021
maybe the couple are poor
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Galantamine(m): 11:29am On Feb 07, 2021
It's ungodly
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by missyblissy: 11:30am On Feb 07, 2021
What the Pastor did was verrry wrong.... If not for God I will insult him very well but I won't. This is just wickedness..... Make I leave am for God. Let God be the judge
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 07, 2021
ngwababe:

Heard the Pastor had a program in Lagos he wanted to attend, he came 10mins to the wedding time, others Pastors has been and they were calling the couple, there was no response. The came 20mins after the pastor had decided to leave, instead of to beg for their lateness, they started causing trouble. The pastor then left.
How true is this?
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Druss(m): 11:35am On Feb 07, 2021
She came only 5 mins late. If it was a million dollar deal appointment, will she be late after being warned that being late would cancel the deal?

Also way to go with writing the story to arouse anger against the pastor. I personally doubt it was 5 mins. Pastors are also human beings.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Jadeng: 11:36am On Feb 07, 2021
Righteousness2:
This is so Deep!

You are saying the truth...
But things happen.. unplanned things happen, unexpected things show up.
When you lead people, you MUST learn to put yourself in their shoes.

What happen to joining them first and scolding them later or even in the course of the service ??

"ALL THE PATHS OF THE LORD ARE MERCIES AND TRUTH"
Mercies always go before truth !

Read your Bible well please.

I pray for God to open your eyes !

God bless you.

Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Druss(m): 11:39am On Feb 07, 2021
Jadeng:

You are saying the truth...
But things happen.. unplanned things happen, unexpected things show up.
When you lead people, you MUST learn to put yourself in their shoes.

What happen to joining them first and scolding them later or even in the course of the service ??

"ALL THE PATHS OF THE LORD ARE MERCIES AND TRUTH"
Mercies always go before truth !

Read your Bible well please.

I pray for God to open your eyes !

God bless you.

Depends. Typically people behave like this when there is no information getting to them about what is causing the delay. If the delay was due to serious reasons, I doubt the pastor would behave like this. And I personally doubt it was 5 mins.. especially with the way people lie about how close they are to a mutual meeting point.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by CzarChris(m): 11:40am On Feb 07, 2021
Righteousness2:
This is so Deep!

Sir, I'm one of your biggest fans on NL, but this statement of yours at the action of that pastor was totally unbecoming. This is nothing but pride at work in the life of that pastor.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by haconjy(m): 11:46am On Feb 07, 2021
Some of us can talk rubbish? I can't imaging everyone from the beginning blast pastor for not joining them together but you people forget that all these thing have been told... they went through counselling and others and yet she came late...

on my wedding day, my wife came late and I was fed up... after everything, I wasked why she was late, she told me her beg the driver to them through out the community so that people will know that his daughter is doing wedding!!

on your day you came late, if that lady is a doctor, she will ignore lives of others....

Nigerians should learn
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by mamajaz(f): 11:49am On Feb 07, 2021
HopeVictor:
People should learn to keep to time..the pastor must have warned them earlier on but they still came late.. Na to just carry another Pastor go reception ground do everything there

With many possible things that can cause delay : police, car breakdown, hoodlums, bandits, cows crossing the road...that Pastor didn't try.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by OlawaleBammie: 11:52am On Feb 07, 2021
tyup:
Actually the Problem is we Africans, the real wedding is the traditional wedding where we have both parents bless the young couple and officially n culturally recognize them as Husband n wife. any other thing aside that is a waste of time and resources

Anyways from this side of the North, zero pity to give

Tank u oo, even bible self talk am
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Springboot: 11:59am On Feb 07, 2021
Mryacks:
That's not a kind and understanding spirit that so called "pastor's has.....you can't just ruin people's day just because they came 5 minutes behind schedule. That's not discipline but wickedness and unchristlike behaviour.. undecided

According to my friend, who was present, he said they were over 2hrs late and the pastor had another wedding to officiate, forget the lies in social media.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by mywells: 12:00pm On Feb 07, 2021
Am very sure this pastor did not attend any bible college,oppotunist pastors every where,posting their wife with them on posters so sad for those who attend that church.If you miss heaven you cry.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by PHIPEX(m): 12:03pm On Feb 07, 2021
I was very late to my traditional wedding because I missed the road to the location even though I left home very early. Anything could have made the bride come late, this is too harsh and insensitive.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Nobody: 12:05pm On Feb 07, 2021
Mryacks:
That's not a kind and understanding spirit that so called "pastor's has.....you can't just ruin people's day just because they came 5 minutes behind schedule. That's not discipline but wickedness and unchristlike behaviour.. undecided
This habit of late coming we have in this country most stop already. I went for a wedding last month with my son, they said 10am, they did not start until 11:30. What is The Pastor have programmes and activities planned for himself. He should forgive them But please we should not encourage this Stupid behevior

1 Like

Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Ajeyo(m): 12:05pm On Feb 07, 2021
Dont go to that church again,he will do more evil to you when you marry,write it down.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by mamajaz(f): 12:08pm On Feb 07, 2021
Druss:
She came only 5 mins late. If it was a million dollar deal appointment, will she be late after being warned that being late would cancel the deal?

Also way to go with writing the story to arouse anger against the pastor. I personally doubt it was 5 mins. Pastors are also human beings.

If the governor of the state's daughter was the bride, will the pastor have left even if they were 50 minutes late?
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Briller: 12:14pm On Feb 07, 2021
Chaii, I can imagine the lady's hurt.

I remember my friend's wedding about 6years ago. It was a very scary moment. Pastor and church members gathered for about 3hours, and the couple were busy having the traditional marriage. Church service was to start at 12:00 and they were carried away with the traditional marriage until around 3:00pm.

Church was filled to the brim, and everybody waited endlessly. I called the bride severally to tell her the pastor was becoming impatient and she kept telling me they are about to round up.

Long story short, at exactly 3:00pm and with the yet to show up, the pastor said the grace and locked up the church. Even when the groom eventually showed up, he refused to tender an apology.

My friend wept blood that day. We family and friends pleaded and pleaded until the pastor came back to join the without observing the regular rites.

If only one could turn back the hand of the clock. That was a sign or God warning my friend. One year later, the marriage was hellish for her. She went in and out of depression and by the second year, marriage was over.

May God open our eyes to observe what lies ahead.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by ziondaughter247: 12:22pm On Feb 07, 2021
mrblessed:
Such distasteful, irresponsible, and idiotic display of religious tyranny and rascality is only possible in a continent enveloped with darkness. The buffoon that ruined such a special day for this couple has no business being a pastor. One of the dangers of Pentecostalism is the harebrained deification of pastors, as supreme beings not be reproached, or have their actions questioned. Thus, they have become intoxicated and can do what is religiously unimaginable. Don't be shocked if a seizable, braindead fellowers of this charlatan try to excuse, explain away, or defend this show of shame.

A sensible clergyman would have commenced the service in their absence, and admonished them in love on the need to be always punctual. Not to cancel their wedding ceremony just because of mere five minutes late. Who does that?

I am telling you! Pentecostalism is something else, especially in this part of the world. I honestly keep a healthy distance once I hear someone is a Pentecostal pastor. They are very manipulative and always want to attain god-like status which they never will, because there is only one God by himself!
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Babalegba(m): 12:22pm On Feb 07, 2021
The congregation has nothing to learn or gain by going to that church and should vote with their feet, unless the pastor is using voodoo to hold the church together.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by flourishing247: 12:23pm On Feb 07, 2021
ProtectMyMoney:

One cold Ogidiga for you.

That is one Pastor after God's heart. Everything in God's kingdom is according to time.

The reason Nigeria is not moving forward is because of time.

We are quick to make reference to US, UK, etc...but we forget they value time because everything in their economy is run based on time....eg. The train leaves at 1pm, you arrive 1min after, you miss the train.

Pastor gave appointment time for marriage, she did not respect the Pastor's time.. African time does not work for everybody.

Anything could have happened on the way before getting to church. she was 3mins late not 5 mins as posted.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Emma1Oj(m): 12:25pm On Feb 07, 2021
Must a pastor join two pple together? what's the position of their father or guardians den...? I kukuma trust my type.. I will let him kn with prove right there that he's not important.. I will call on either parents or chairman of the occasion to do the joining right in his church, if he try to get close I beat him up... rubbish.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by edoairways: 12:26pm On Feb 07, 2021
Mryacks:
It is discpline. Next time others will take precaution

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photo Of The Day: The Groomsmen And The Bridesmaids (Extremely Funny) / Slay Queens Engage In Serious Fight Over Food At A Public Event. Photos / Cars Given As Souvenirs At Ehi Ogbebor Wedding In Benin (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.