Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church - Events (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church (65016 Views)

Aso-ebi Girls Join Couple To Dance In The Rain During Traditional Wedding (video / Bride Refuses To Smile As Husband Sprays Her Naira Notes At Their Wedding / Kiss Between Islamic Scholar & His Bride At Their Wedding Sparks Outrage (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 07, 2021
The day I waited for over one hour for a lousy wedding and reception to begin, I started hating African weddings.

Just send me a piece of your dry cake at home, I congratulate you...the end.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Xantel(f): 1:49pm On Feb 07, 2021
The pastor doesn't have any right to cancel the wedding. He should have started the service without the bride or asked them to pay fine.

5mins is not even enough to get angry
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by milann: 1:51pm On Feb 07, 2021
Gods of men. Until nigerians start seeing these guys for who they are, they will continue running in circles. Just ruined her wedding night.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Meesquared000(m): 1:57pm On Feb 07, 2021
That's what u get when u put these so called men of dogs. On high pedestals. Rubbish. Who send pastor. He's madly insane
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by henchc(m): 1:58pm On Feb 07, 2021
This is evil, the pastor is absolutely wicked! This is not christ like.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Elioandrew: 2:02pm On Feb 07, 2021
jaybenugo:

https://igberetvnews.com/1381639/bride-weeps-pastor-refuses-join-couple-lateness-church-video/
Nigerians don carry lateness put for head. How can you come late to ur own wedding? You make pastor come dey wait for you and when he refuses to join you in holy matrimony, you begin cry. And for you all these useless nairalanders who know nothing about bible, if you like call the pastors all the names wey una sabi, you can't knock his head. Even God will be happy with him in case you don't know.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Divboy(m): 2:03pm On Feb 07, 2021
This is really not good.
It's really crude.
Nigeria are used to coming late to occasion. �
So it was not ideal to stop wedding but congrats for the couples joor.
Remain my cake and rice very important oo
What if there was traffic on the way
Reason am ooo
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by JastSiryin(m): 2:05pm On Feb 07, 2021
ProtectMyMoney:

One cold Ogidiga for you.

That is one Pastor after God's heart. Everything in God's kingdom is according to time.

The reason Nigeria is not moving forward is because of time.

We are quick to make reference to US, UK, etc...but we forget they value time because everything in their economy is run based on time....eg. The train leaves at 1pm, you arrive 1min after, you miss the train.

Pastor gave appointment time for marriage, she did not respect the Pastor's time.. African time does not work for everybody.
Both of you are stupid angry
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by JastSiryin(m): 2:06pm On Feb 07, 2021
tyup:
Actually the Problem is we Africans, the real wedding is the traditional wedding where we have both parents bless the young couple after that, they are officially n culturally recognized as Husband n wife. any other thing aside that is a waste of time and resources

Anyways from this side of the North, zero pity to give
The most sensible quote thus far
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by respectralph: 2:10pm On Feb 07, 2021
The pastor should have left b4 d arrival of the bride. This is an unforgettable and unforgivable act.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by 4lorunsho(m): 2:11pm On Feb 07, 2021
Shey, his,friend should join them na. Sometimes we need to look beyond the person doings
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Efosakelvin77: 2:15pm On Feb 07, 2021
Wow www!!!
Your level of understanding and wisdom is truly a gift from God... More grace
Righteousness2:
This is so Deep!
She was 5mins late and the Pastor left.

This is Exactly how it's gonna be when the Bridegroom, JESUS Comes for His Bride.

Many will be busy with the affairs of the World, only to Suddenly discover that JESUS has come and has snatched all who were ready.

Many will Suddenly realize that while they were busy with this and that , JESUS the Bridegroom has come and has Shut the Door,

There will Crying and Gnashing of teeth by those who are left behind..

Now is the time to Watch and Pray,
Now is the time to Prepare so as not to be left behind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by tehilah92(f): 2:25pm On Feb 07, 2021
kalu61:
What will you tell the court grin
Make we reach Dia first.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Righteousness2(m): 2:25pm On Feb 07, 2021
Efosakelvin77:
Wow www!!!
Your level of understanding and wisdom is truly a gift from God... More grace

Thank u sir!
We GOD All the Glory
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by SHOPPERS(m): 2:40pm On Feb 07, 2021
Righteousness2:
This is so Deep!

This is Exactly how it's gonna be when the Bridegroom, JESUS Comes for His Bride.

Many will be busy with the affairs of the World, only to Suddenly discover that JESUS has come and has snatched all who were ready.

Many will Suddenly realize that while they were busy with this and that , JESUS the Bridegroom has come and has Shut the Door,

Dear sir,

You well so?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Hotice085: 2:44pm On Feb 07, 2021
ProtectMyMoney:

One cold Ogidiga for you.

That is one Pastor after God's heart. Everything in God's kingdom is according to time.

The reason Nigeria is not moving forward is because of time.

We are quick to make reference to US, UK, etc...but we forget they value time because everything in their economy is run based on time....eg. The train leaves at 1pm, you arrive 1min after, you miss the train.

Pastor gave appointment time for marriage, she did not respect the Pastor's time.. African time does not work for everybody.

Stop talking RUBBISH.... Africa time works for Africa
If it comes to tithes and offering service he will wait for 24hrs
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by mechanics(m): 2:49pm On Feb 07, 2021
They should have been punctual to avoid embarrassment, not all pastors will take that.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Geesaintagape: 2:52pm On Feb 07, 2021
Track that pastor u will see vudoo around
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by fof1: 2:57pm On Feb 07, 2021
Kobicove:
Are you sure the bride was late by just 5 minutes?

They Tell Stories as it Pleases them. Lies everywhere. Painting Stories to fit their Orientation. Who was d Time Keeper to know it was ONLY FIVE MINUTES LATE,PLS? WE JUDGE WHAT WE KNOW NOT...BEWARNED. REAL JUDGEMENT IS AHEAD O...

1 Like

Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by pek(m): 3:00pm On Feb 07, 2021
EXOUSIAng:

You are not married and you have never helped in organising a wedding, else you would know better
Very idiotic and purile comment. Go through my posts and know whether I'm married or not.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by ebuka440: 3:08pm On Feb 07, 2021
Why not for them to visit another Pentecostal church that are looking for couples to wed, mtchew!
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Cmanforall: 3:08pm On Feb 07, 2021
extol1:
if I am the bride, I ask them to start sharing the rice. wedding over, since it is ceremonial
How about suggesting a friend or someone around to join them.

And then start sharing the food.

Some may ask about certificate.
Answer:
Court marriage certificate is enough to legitimize the union.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by extol1(m): 3:12pm On Feb 07, 2021
Cmanforall:

How about suggesting a friend or someone around to join them.

And then start sharing the food.

is it still unnecessary to me after the traditional wedding has been done. the question I have for the pastor is why must he has to wait until the bride comes in before walking away? something is wrong somewhere
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by ofiko123(m): 3:27pm On Feb 07, 2021
Tell the bride to wipe her tears...it is not the end of the world..
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 3:34pm On Feb 07, 2021
zoputa:
It's good to preach, but don't use this situation to preach.... Please be wise when preaching... What you should do is to console the bride first then preach about accepting Jesus in a better way that does not make you look like you are insensitive to the pain of these couples. Thank you.

Don't mind the myopic hypocrite
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 3:35pm On Feb 07, 2021
Righteousness2:
This is so Deep!

Great message but there is time for everything.... Always apply wisdom
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 3:40pm On Feb 07, 2021
puremaker7:
Mr rapture, Trump lost the election. where is the rapture you forecasted?

Don't mind him with his doom messages
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Mryacks: 3:42pm On Feb 07, 2021
Aleora:
this is why I love low key wedding,na me go carry pastor come where he go join me and husband ...I no fit shout...all this people behaving like thy are God..

angry
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 3:43pm On Feb 07, 2021
arantess:
In as much as I feel for the couple, surely there was an assigned time for these things...
The priest shouldn't be waiting on you, if it was Governor wike that was to meet them at that time, would they be late?

Shut your traps
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 3:44pm On Feb 07, 2021
arantess:
Nonsense Go and read the parable of the 10 virgins
I think you should read it first
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by PHijo(m): 3:56pm On Feb 07, 2021
The comments here explains why Nigeria is behind!

In other climes they respect time no one will question the pastor. They were 5 minutes late for God's sake.

People need to learn how to value time in Nigeria! That 5 minutes is not your time, it is the pastor's time.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Photo Of The Day: The Groomsmen And The Bridesmaids (Extremely Funny) / Slay Queens Engage In Serious Fight Over Food At A Public Event. Photos / Zimbabwean Lady's Outfit To A White Party Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.