Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,758 members, 7,955,881 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:44 PM

Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church - Events (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church (65772 Views)

Aso-ebi Girls Join Couple To Dance In The Rain During Traditional Wedding (video / Bride Refuses To Smile As Husband Sprays Her Naira Notes At Their Wedding / Kiss Between Islamic Scholar & His Bride At Their Wedding Sparks Outrage (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by edoairways: 12:27pm On Feb 07, 2021
tyup:
Actually the Problem is we Africans, the real wedding is the traditional wedding where we have both parents bless the young couple and officially n culturally recognize them as Husband n wife. any other thing aside that is a waste of time and resources

Anyways from this side of the North, zero pity to give
Exactly!
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by AuroraBrls: 12:28pm On Feb 07, 2021
THE PASTOR REALLY TRIED TO WAIT. IF YOU HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A NATIVE DOCTOR, INTERVIEW OR BUHARI YOU WILL BE 1 HOUR EARLY...it was not more than the usual fakeness of makeup application that delayed her...women self... something as important as your wedding day...why will u be late or keep anyone Wanting
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by edoairways: 12:31pm On Feb 07, 2021
zoputa:
It's good to preach, but don't use this situation to preach.... Please be wise when preaching... What you should do is to console the bride first then preach about accepting Jesus in a better way that does not make you look like you are insensitive to the pain of these couples. Thank you.
There is nothing to console. The bride should have known their church rules. I blame her for holding such wedding in that church.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by edoairways: 12:33pm On Feb 07, 2021
SmartPolician:

Rollandben and many others who hold this rice-sharing opinions.

FYI, sharing of food is merely fulfilling all righteousness. There's no wedding if they weren't joined in holy matrimony by any man of God.

That's why it's good to be close to men of God or dedicated to church activities. If the couple was dedicated to church activities, there was no way this pastor would turn them down.

Either way, what the pastor did was so wrong. Simple reprimand should have settled it but he went too far.
They are already joined by their parents. The Bible never commanded the priest to join couple in holy matrimony
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by kalu61(m): 12:33pm On Feb 07, 2021
tehilah92:
I will sue the pastor for Making me feel bad on my wedding day, him dey ment?
What will you tell the court grin
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by LORDKing001: 12:34pm On Feb 07, 2021
Mryacks:
That's not a kind and understanding spirit that so called "pastor's has.....you can't just ruin people's day just because they came 5 minutes behind schedule. That's not discipline but wickedness and unchristlike behaviour.. undecided
Why will the couple choose a time and not comply?
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by LORDKing001: 12:34pm On Feb 07, 2021
kalu61:
What will you tell the court grin
She will still come to the courtroom late.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by bimbodotun(m): 12:35pm On Feb 07, 2021
Make they move go court nah...Pastor no be God
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by evioke(m): 12:37pm On Feb 07, 2021
Mryacks:
That's not a kind and understanding spirit that so called "pastor's has.....you can't just ruin people's day just because they came 5 minutes behind schedule. That's not discipline but wickedness and unchristlike behaviour.. undecided
You just nailed it
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by smith1985(m): 12:38pm On Feb 07, 2021
the couple are not rich, and may be not one of the cash cow of the pastor that is what gave him got to did that..he won't dare such if the groom is a cash cow to his church..end time pastors
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 07, 2021
Mryacks:
E be like say Dem don offend pasitor before so e see this as payback time...haunty bride self, why she late

She fine Sha though
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by moonraker(m): 12:48pm On Feb 07, 2021
the couple and the pastor are mad, bite me!!!

Why is the bride wailing? Who da fudge is the pastor? A mere mortal before the eyes of God.

I swear, if and when i find my other half and she utters the phrase, My pastor said... Game over.

Aint no body got time for that crap....
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by handsomeyitayo(m): 12:50pm On Feb 07, 2021
Hotbutt:

No....was sent out in 2011.
for wetin, why ? Who did that?
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by MT: 12:50pm On Feb 07, 2021
Justkatty:
Same thing that happened in my church few years back and is still happening, you come late for mass, no joining of you both�
You guys will go for reception first, and come back by 4pm for the joining and this has taught so many person's lesson.

What happens to starting the service immediately it is time, the couple will join the service anytime they arrive. If God adopts this measure for each of our sins, we would have all been wiped off from the earth surface. Like someone stated, this was not discipline, but a sheet brutality from a very wicked soul.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by pfadom: 12:51pm On Feb 07, 2021
Next time they will learn to go to marriage registry. Despite the honorarium, provision of food for officiating ministers, and certain strenuous conditions just to be joined together in holy matrimony.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by annyz: 12:52pm On Feb 07, 2021
jaybenugo:

https://igberetvnews.com/1381639/bride-weeps-pastor-refuses-join-couple-lateness-church-video/

See what make up artist has caused.

Coming late to make up your client and spending all the time painting face while eating into church time.

The pastor knows the value of time.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by seeker121(m): 12:59pm On Feb 07, 2021
You are gradually turning to dummy for every of your comments, must you affiliate everything to religion.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Newman20(m): 1:01pm On Feb 07, 2021
Nazgul:
The reason many pastors are so arrogant and behave like they're God themselves is because we Africans have refuse to reason with our brains.

We feel that the only way to be successful in life is when you become religious thereby relegating hard work to the sidelines, and by so doing we empower these pompous creatures who feel they're the custodian of divine wealth and can only give it to whoever worships them.

The day the average African man will embrace hard work and discard religion, is the day many pastors will become jobless.

Back to the topic....they're churches everywhere. they should just call into any of the penticostal churches around and discuss with the pastor he'll happily join then both.

You are 5000% right Sur

This was a very good piece

1 Like

Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by brainhgeek(m): 1:03pm On Feb 07, 2021
I will not judge or say what is on my mind about that pastor until I hear the other half of the story.
It is dangerous to judge and condemn from a one-sided story.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by soloeghos: 1:12pm On Feb 07, 2021
this is what we called afternoon withcraft wtf a pastor from hell who the pastor is not to carry on with the wedding and the guts for delaying and subsequently stopping the marriage this is the kind of pastors the people assassinate and later people will be sympathizing and laying causes on the killers. what rubbish but on a serious note what is the main purpose of marriage coming together so i can go ahead with the marriage with or without any pastor/priest you can't be a barrier to my happiness.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by tyup(m): 1:15pm On Feb 07, 2021
EXOUSIAng:

Pastor sometimes we have to call a spade a spade and not a farm tool...
Let me ask you, do you think Jesus would have sent them back if He was the officiating Pastor?.
Some times its not about quoting scripture to back our point, sometimes the question should be "What would Jesus do?"
Thats what the pastor should ask himself....

More wisdom bro

1 Like

Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by LordOfTheGame: 1:21pm On Feb 07, 2021
May God have mercy on the pastor. If I say it the way I feel about him now, I may offend God. To the couple, may God wipe out their tears with unmeritted favours that will surprise people including the pastor. It is well with them and they're blessed, AMEN.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Yemisi87: 1:22pm On Feb 07, 2021
Is there no pastor among the invited guests? The bride and groom should have just move to reception venue and any of the pastor among the invited guests should have joined them together and the ceremony continue.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by mabea: 1:25pm On Feb 07, 2021
Righteousness2:
This is so Deep!
She was 5mins late and the Pastor left.

This is Exactly how it's gonna be when the Bridegroom, JESUS Comes for His Bride.

Many will be busy with the affairs of the World, only to Suddenly discover that JESUS has come and has snatched all who were ready.

Many will Suddenly realize that while they were busy with this and that , JESUS the Bridegroom has come and has Shut the Door,

There will Crying and Gnashing of teeth by those who are left behind..

Now is the time to Watch and Pray,
Now is the time to Prepare so as not to be left behind.

I doubt if it's just 5 minutes. Many people are fond of coming late to their wedding. It's very annoying when you fix a wedding for 10Am and you ended up coming by 12noon whereas people have been on ground waiting for your arrival. Good riddance I must say.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by mabea: 1:26pm On Feb 07, 2021
brainhgeek:
I will not judge or say what is on my mind about that pastor until I hear the other half of the story.
It is dangerous to judge and condemn from a one-sided story.
Exactly my point
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by CSTRR: 1:28pm On Feb 07, 2021
Jesus told the parable of a servant who owed a very rich man a debt and was forgiven.

The servant then went to another poorer servant that was owing him and then put him in jail for debt.

The rich man heard it and was furious. He asked the servant to be arrested amd then asked him this.

Then the master called the servant in. ‘You wicked servant,’ he said, ‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to.
Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’

Matt 18:32-33

This is exactly what Christ would ask that fake pastor.
He forgives us much, yet we can't forgive something so little.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Mckhala80(m): 1:29pm On Feb 07, 2021
Things like these only happen in churches where the congregates worship pastors rather than worshiping God. Fear God cos only he can stop ur day & not ur pastor . If ur husband has settled with your family . . .rejoice cos white wedding is never a doorway to a fulfil marriage. Hapi sunday.
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by Aleora(f): 1:29pm On Feb 07, 2021
Mryacks:
this is why I love low key wedding,na me go carry pastor come where he go join me and husband ...I no fit shout...all this people behaving like thy are God..
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by chipet67(m): 1:31pm On Feb 07, 2021
Righteousness2:
This is so Deep!

This is Exactly how it's gonna be when the Bridegroom, JESUS Comes for His Bride.

Many will be busy with the affairs of the World, only to Suddenly discover that JESUS has come and has snatched all who were ready.

Many will Suddenly realize that while they were busy with this and that , JESUS the Bridegroom has come and has Shut the Door,

Stop this nonsense please.
Na your fellow preacher just ruin another man life now
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by bukatyne(f): 1:35pm On Feb 07, 2021
Justkatty:
Same thing that happened in my church few years back and is still happening, you come late for mass, no joining of you both�
You guys will go for reception first, and come back by 4pm for the joining and this has taught so many person's lesson.

What lessons is this supposed to teach?

By wasting people's time and disrupting their calendars?

Is this what Christ taught?
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by bukatyne(f): 1:36pm On Feb 07, 2021
Righteousness2:
This is so Deep!

The only deep thing is the Pastor's wickedness and lack of mercy.

I pray God judges him with the same measure.

Amen
Re: Pastor Essay Oggory Refuses To Join Couple Because Of Bride's Lateness To Church by bukatyne(f): 1:38pm On Feb 07, 2021
mrblessed:
Such distasteful, irresponsible, and idiotic display of religious tyranny and rascality is only possible in a continent enveloped with darkness. The buffoon that ruined such a special day for this couple has no business being a pastor. One of the dangers of Pentecostalism is the harebrained deification of pastors, as supreme beings not be reproached, or have their actions questioned. Thus, they have become intoxicated and can do what is religiously unimaginable. Don't be shocked if a seizable, braindead fellowers of this charlatan try to excuse, explain away, or defend this show of shame.

[b]A sensible clergyman would have commenced the service in their absence, and admonished them in love on the need to be always punctual.[/b]Not to cancel their wedding ceremony just because of mere five minutes late. Who does that?

@bold: thank you!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

8 Nigerian Entertainment Events Cancelled Because Of Coronavirus / Couple Whose Wedding Invitation Card Went Viral To Wed In Gombe (Photos) / Cars Given As Souvenirs At Ehi Ogbebor Wedding In Benin (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.