Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,087 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix (21232 Views)

BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network / Carlcare Service: The Official Phone Repair Provider For Infinix, TECNO, Itel / As Apple Declines Tecno, Itel And Infinix Dominates Africa And Middle East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:06am On Jan 22, 2019
A couple of months ago Xiaomi Global Spokesman Donovan Sung made a post about their new store that launched in Spain and also asked for suggestions on where they should launch their next store and here’s what I said.

This means the expansion of Xiaomi had been on the cards for a while.

If you have been following up Xiaomi for a while, you would know that they tend to compete on the foreign market rather than their home country China due to the congestion.

Now, the company is looking to take things to the next level and come to Africa. On Sunday, Xiaomi announced the establishment of their African Regional Department and Wang Lingming (Xiaomi’s VP) was appointed as the manager of the department.

At the moment, in Africa we have over 1.2 billion people but the smartphone usage isn’t really too high and many people still use feature phones and because of this some phone brands don’t really do well in Africa. At the moment Transsision Holdings rules the African smartphone market with its three brands – itel, TECNO, and Infinix ranking at the very top in Africa in terms of market share.

In 2019, the Africa will become one of Xiaomi’s main pioneers in their international business, and their biggest rival here is Transsision Holdings.

What I Think About Xiaomi Coming To Africa

Xiaomi has everything it takes to succeed in Africa especially if it starts off with its recently established Redmi Brand. Redmi already have one of the core features that is missing in all the Transission brands – high quality specs at a low price. You can see how successful the Redmi Note 7 has been so far and we can guess how much the price would have been if it was a Transission product.

Transsision basically takes advantage of the mid-range and low-end smartphone market which is a strong competitive ground for Xiaomi. I believe this would also boost competition among the two brands.

Source - https://www.naijatechguy.com/2019/01/xiaomi-launches-in-africa.html

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by calddon(m): 6:09am On Jan 22, 2019
Good writeup, Good move.
Tecno, infinix, itel... everything transsion all in trouble. grin

I just hope the dont give us 'Xiaomi Nigeria' the same way KIA and Hyundai make vehicles targeted for the Nigerian markets that dont have second hand value because their bodies are made of plastics.

Bia @op its 'Transsion Holdings' not 'Transsision'

24 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by seunfly: 6:14am On Jan 22, 2019
Now people will know what smartphone is not tecno with 2016 low range processor and then slam 70k on it.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Cyb3rhack3r: 6:55am On Jan 22, 2019
seunfly:
Now people will know what smartphone is not tecno with 2016 low range processor and then slam 70k on it.

Lmao.. grin grin I swear

10 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Cyb3rhack3r: 6:56am On Jan 22, 2019
NaijaTechGuy:
A couple of months ago Xiaomi Global Spokesman Donovan Sung made a post about their new store that launched in Spain and also asked for suggestions on where they should launch their next store and here’s what I said.

This means the expansion of Xiaomi had been on the cards for a while.

If you have been following up Xiaomi for a while, you would know that they tend to compete on the foreign market rather than their home country China due to the congestion.

Now, the company is looking to take things to the next level and come to Africa. On Sunday, Xiaomi announced the establishment of their African Regional Department and Wang Lingming (Xiaomi’s VP) was appointed as the manager of the department.

At the moment, in Africa we have over 1.2 billion people but the smartphone usage isn’t really too high and many people still use feature phones and because of this some phone brands don’t really do well in Africa. At the moment Transsision Holdings rules the African smartphone market with its three brands – itel, TECNO, and Infinix ranking at the very top in Africa in terms of market share.

In 2019, the Africa will become one of Xiaomi’s main pioneers in their international business, and their biggest rival here is Transsision Holdings.

What I Think About Xiaomi Coming To Africa

Xiaomi has everything it takes to succeed in Africa especially if it starts off with its recently established Redmi Brand. Redmi already have one of the core features that is missing in all the Transission brands – high quality specs at a low price. You can see how successful the Redmi Note 7 has been so far and we can guess how much the price would have been if it was a Transission product.

Transsision basically takes advantage of the mid-range and low-end smartphone market which is a strong competitive ground for Xiaomi. I believe this would also boost competition among the two brands.

Source - https://www.naijatechguy.com/2019/01/xiaomi-launches-in-africa.html

cc mynd44

Nice move... Abeg they should do and come here
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by hisgrace090: 7:36am On Jan 22, 2019
Good!

It'll be a great relieve to smart phone lovers.

Though to me they delay a lot but they're still welcome.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 22, 2019
Long overdue. Xiaomi makes me see and believe that there is different between phone and phone. Their hype and Internet recommendations built my curiosity to get one of their phones and never regretted almost 6 months now. Talk of quality over crap for far less price, with swag, xiaomi get it right. If they penetrate well to Nigeria with service centers, tecno and her cabals will soon go out of market.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by faithfull18(f): 7:37am On Jan 22, 2019
Good.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 22, 2019
I foresee this was going to happen.

Tecno will now start to man up now.
And stop using those mt6580 plastics
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by pawesome(m): 7:37am On Jan 22, 2019
Now a PHONE is in the market... Not all those telephone wey we de see upandan

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by lilmax(m): 7:38am On Jan 22, 2019
lol

is xiaomi ready to make substandard products?

because Africans like LOW products not quality

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by BoboKush(m): 7:38am On Jan 22, 2019
Make I wait for them before I buy my new phone

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by constance500: 7:39am On Jan 22, 2019
We are waiting
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Lxxl: 7:40am On Jan 22, 2019
please stop insulting Xiaomi by comparing it to those shitty itel tecno infinix et al wack phones.

18 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Obaiyski(m): 7:40am On Jan 22, 2019
Make una go worry them for their Twitter handle and Facebook page

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Omoapena(m): 7:42am On Jan 22, 2019
Wow

Can't wait to see xiaomi taking over market.

It's high time for tecno and infinix to hit real competition...
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by tuzle(m): 7:42am On Jan 22, 2019
Finally Xiomi has come to save me from tecno and infinix product

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 22, 2019
seunfly:
Gionee tried similar thing yet they lost it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by cardoctor(m): 7:43am On Jan 22, 2019
I need a new chinko phone. I hope this one performs as described.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by cucumbar: 7:44am On Jan 22, 2019
Xiaomi has always been around nau. I see people with their phones, or am I not understanding something? Anyway, still loving my IOS.......so fluid that it makes you want to cry. I hate anything android.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Jahzrockballer(m): 7:44am On Jan 22, 2019
This News made my morning cheesy cheesy cheesy
Next should be Huawei and Oppo

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by uriris: 7:45am On Jan 22, 2019
Boyz 2 men - end of the road
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Kashif(m): 7:45am On Jan 22, 2019
Xiaomi = best value for money

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 7:45am On Jan 22, 2019
Xiomi not coming to Nigeria to compete with techno and co but with iPhone,Sammy, Nokia etc

17 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by kurt09(m): 7:45am On Jan 22, 2019
Welcome development.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 7:45am On Jan 22, 2019
lilmax:
lol

is xiaomi ready to make substandard products?

because Africans like LOW products not quality
Many Africans like low products not quality. Notwithstanding, quality phones at affordable price will make many to switch to Xiaomi products

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by jeff1607(m): 7:45am On Jan 22, 2019
what is the function of a phone?

how long should a phone be in one's possession before changing?
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Feranchek(m): 7:46am On Jan 22, 2019
For y'all thinking it'll be another Tecno, rethink cos this phone is on same class as Samsung and iPhone. Yes! I said it.... IPhone! So in terms of price, hehehehe, you go spend money ooo! I just hope they don't compromise their standards for the Nigerian market cos these Nigerians love to spend less for more.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store / Blackberry Users In The House, Does Whatsapp Still Function On Your Phone? / Get Your Phone Softwares Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.