Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,359 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl (30792 Views)

Dr Tom Crawford Develops Formula To Determine Football's GOAT. See Results / Messi named in PSG squad for Reims Game / Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by anonymous1759(m): 4:07pm On Feb 09, 2021
ojaysam25:

And the reason he won back to back to back cl kor...argue with statistics ronaldo has more assist than them...thank you also for highlighting the duo they are the reason Barcelona Was so successful.. Without them Barcelona is shit.

with Messi at the fore front.
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by RealEzee(m): 4:10pm On Feb 09, 2021
Beverlyjean:

U know what gets me tired of messi fans, they are delusional, biased and not straight forward... they will tell u 6 balon dor is the reason y Messi is better cos Ronaldo has 5...but once u mention modric also has one balon dor, does it now mean he is better than iniesta or xavi that won nothing,..ask them this and they will runaway...
Now simeone an argentine and a seasoned world class coach that has played against both players as a coach for a world class team in the same league with them has clearly stated the reason y Ronaldo is better but these Messi fans no go gree... the only player than has scored simeones Atletico( athe team with the most consistent defence in the last 10 yrs )hat trick with 2 different teams that have 2 different styles of football ( one attacking and the other defensive)
no mind them grin
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by ofiko123(m): 4:10pm On Feb 09, 2021
Congratulations to Lionel Messi on his award...
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Lashist(m): 4:10pm On Feb 09, 2021
DesChyko:

Still on the Champions League matter.
And we are not talking about goals.

For you, you really don't know enough football las las.
Quiet aboki..even suarez don dey catch up with king ororo for assists

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by RealEzee(m): 4:11pm On Feb 09, 2021
ojaysam25:

Abeg leave them jare,the Commendator sum it up in juve vs Roma match ''messi and ronaldo are Rivals but when it comes to big match ronaldo has no rival''
exactly
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by DesChyko: 4:13pm On Feb 09, 2021
Lashist:

Quiet aboki..even suarez pass king ororo for assists

Get sense get sense. Una dey think say nah ordinary slogan.

Go look the picture of Messi wey dey this post, then read the comment wey I quote reply.
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Techiekingee(m): 4:14pm On Feb 09, 2021
Beverlyjean:

U still don't get it...they both have their attributes... I answered ur question already... dribbles ,mesmerising plays are attributes , that what messi gives ...now , good positioning ,I dont give up spirit and anticipation are also attributes which Ronaldo has..now , how effective ur attributes are to a game now decides how good a player is ... Drogba, toure or etos attributes to games flawed okochas attributes, tho okocha was a better dribbler and passer of the ball with fancy mesmerising games... or do u think Messi is more skilled than Ronaldinho?? Ronaldinho beats messi when it comes to dribbles and passing and mesmerising play but messi is more decisive than when Ronaldinho played... watch Ronaldinho verses England in 02 world cup , he lit that world cup , thats what messi has failed to do in a world Cup big game... there nothing that messi has done or win that Ronaldinho dint win , just that messi has lasted longer in football which is also an attribute and thats whr he beats Ronaldinho, consistency....thats also an attribute... as long as messi and Ronaldo are matched head to head , Ronaldo will always take tip spot cos he has more than what messi has won vastly and won things that messi had never won
Lol.... I'm here for u....
Ur drogba, etoo toure comparison to Okocha is absolute bullshit...makes no sense...I can't comment on dat rubbish.....

Messi has failed to light up a world cup...lol...all this trash talk because he lost the final....What other lighting do u want after he was the best player of the tournament??.... please ehn, Ronaldo with his never give up spirit and anticipation, list the world cups he lit up.... I'm waiting.....

Listen, it's very arguable who the better dribbler is between Messi and Ronaldinho.....oga, what u need to know is that Ronaldinho is just more mesmerizing and not exactly the better dribbler... it's very evident Messi is top in all dribble stats....

Messi recorded most dribbles in a champions League (shared)
Most dribbles in world cup broken, 2018
More than 1900 take ons

Messi is best dribbler in history, stats wise.... don't argue

opta started recording dribble stats since like 2003 and Ronaldinho was very much in his peak and young then...so squash the Ronaldinho is a better dribbler talk.... Ronaldinho is more mesmerizing...ok

BTW, we are arguing Messi Ronaldo here, come bk 2 the point grin...

U say Ronaldo has won more than Messi Vastly and will always take top spot.....lol.. explain, hw has he won more??..individually or what....?? cheesy..
He's not the player with most trophies in football
He's not the player with most awards...i don't understand..
Among all players regarded as goat, he's not the player to have won the most vast trophies.....so what makes u tink he'll be regarded as goat above them...lol grin

Ronaldo will always take top spot but he can't even take top spot in NFL super bowl grin grin...SMH... just rest, only in Nigeria and Portugal that majority regard Ronaldo as goat....Make ur findings and see

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Lashist(m): 4:16pm On Feb 09, 2021
DesChyko:

Go look the picture of Messi wey dey this post, then read the comment wey I quote reply.
Is champions league the only competition...na all rounder na...even me be ororo fan too as much as messi fan but check all stats before talking.i just saw u were arguing CL only...no vex
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by pquaver(m): 4:25pm On Feb 09, 2021
FuckThaMod:
They judged GOAT status based on the number of top trophy like Champions League won. So they are very wrong to put Messi since he only has 3 and CR7 has 5. If we are talking base on statistics then Messi might have a claim, afterall there are great basketball players with higher stats than Jordan, e.g LeBron James
This is a big insult even though it might be a mistake, but trust the sick Messi fans to act like it's right. Hypocrites

My friend Messi has 4 ucl trophy.. Why don't u remove tonal euro and url afterall he didn't play in final and the other one he didn't start it. He came only at the end
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by HBB1(m): 4:27pm On Feb 09, 2021
owowa145:

Now, that is were u floored urself more.... Fifa the best, Ronaldo has been in top 3 more. Ballon d'or final 3... Ronaldo has attained it more than Messi... Go and do ur assignment well..

Who has been in top 3 world footballer of the year more?

You talk about consistency but wouldn't mention years when Ronaldo wasn't top 3
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Lamasta(m): 4:32pm On Feb 09, 2021
The football world knows that C.Ronaldo has done great and magical things for football for the past decade with due respect to the Barcelona legend.....
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by HBB1(m): 4:38pm On Feb 09, 2021
owowa145:

Now, that is were u floored urself more.... Fifa the best, Ronaldo has been in top 3 more. Ballon d'or final 3... Ronaldo has attained it more than Messi... Go and do ur assignment well..

You are as wrong as it comes!

A single Google search would show you.

That is world footballer of the year, ballon d'or and fifa the best in that order.

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by HBB1(m): 4:42pm On Feb 09, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Ronaldo has featured more in top 3 than messi and was even 2nd to Lewandowski in the last poll ahead of messi

Very wrong!
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by drezo(m): 4:53pm On Feb 09, 2021
paulolee:

lolz....my guy, let me ask u a question... forget being a fan n keep sentiments aside, .if u dnt know any of them before or if both are new players to you, forget about thier achievements, trophies won n the number of goals scored..
if you are to watch clips or highlights of cr7 n messi on their good n bad days since they both started football, who would u say is more talented and looks more magical??
just talk truth for once abeeeeg

Me i no dey like argue, go and watch this video on YouTube, and hear what Messi has to say, he said this at the peak of their career, when he couldn't hide the truth and admiration for Ronaldo, this was when he was performing highly at Barça and Ronaldo was also performing at Real Madrid, and I respect him for his honesty. If after watching this you don't see a magical Ronaldo then you know absolutely nothing, you just hate the guy for nothing, Ronaldo scores impossible goals, Messi only taps ball and curves balls hardly use his head, overkick goals = zero, do you know what is magical? Why would you be abusing the word magical!!! Ronaldo scored a goal with Juventus one time like that, a ball was lobed to him from midfield the distance is from their own half ooo to opponents box 18 and he was running towards box 18, while RUNNING oooo he took it once at box 18, without trapping it or taking balance, just shot the ball straight into net, do you know how much stamina, sharp eyes, accuracy, it takes to go ahead of ball, and get that right Like have you seen anything like that!!! Let's not talk about what Ronaldo does with his head if there is Goal drought due to tight defenders marking his foot, if you can mark Messi's foot very well, forget it, he won't score anything, he would only have two options left, One is free kick and the second is penalty, if you avoid these two very well, he won't score anything, but he will get it because players don't mark him aggressively like they do to Ronaldo and once he falls they say you fall Messi, you must not apply pressure on Messi because of his small stature.

But Ronaldo hmmm shocked, but Ronaldo shocked, both free kick ooo corner ooo crossing ooo penalty ooo hmm bicycle kick ooo anything could create an opportunity for goal! One time like that he even used his stud of his boot to score goals like karate, My brother you can't hold Ronaldo at his peak, he was mad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAP64Eo-AlY

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by drezo(m): 5:07pm On Feb 09, 2021
DesChyko:

No dey argue with mumu, just share this video anytime they talk too much.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by ericmor: 5:20pm On Feb 09, 2021
paulolee:

sure..CNT force it on anybody...jus stating d obvious because if you take away goals scored from their careers, cr7 isnt close to lionel messi..
messi is just too talented n more like a genius than cr7, if you have followed both of them from when they started, you won't argue that point.

Messi in that junior world cup and Olympic, and the gut still dey ball well till now. That is true talent
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by DenreleDave(m): 5:27pm On Feb 09, 2021
Yusman316:
One thing I have noticed of recent is that most arguments are now mostly based on people's sentiments and not really facts available. What has Michael Jordan achieved that LeBrom James hasn't? What has Lionel Messi achieved that Cristiano Ronaldo hasn't?

Rubbish n trash comment
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by maestroferddi: 5:59pm On Feb 09, 2021
This argument that Ronado is better than Messi is majorly made on this forum and among Nigerian fans.

For the world sports media, coaaches and players both past and active, there is no argument on who the better player is.

Ronaldo is a goal machine and nothing should be taken away from his greatness and accomplishmnts but Messi is just peerless.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 6:04pm On Feb 09, 2021
Kilishihunter:

All those ones are excuses. And did I hear you say Portugal was average. FYI Portugal got to the final of Euro 2004 in their country but lost to Greece. They had the likes of Figo, Simao, R. Carvalho Pauleta and co. Abi was Portugal not a force in the great Eusebio's time. Portugal should be thanking God for Eder that bailed them out and lemme tell you something what Messi suffered under Valverde and Setien is a child's play compared to whatever Ronaldo saw in Italy Afterall he joined the strongest team in Italy why didn't he join Napoli or Roma or AC Milan Look at what Zlatan turned a lowly Ac Milan side to To me Ronaldo didn't make Juve stronger because the only competition they suffered in is the Champions league They have been serial winners before he joined

U justvwasted urctime posting total crap... Portugal had only qualified for the world cup 3 times in their history b4 Ronaldo... eusebios Portugal was just one of those dark horse underdog teams that surpassed expectation in 66 ... just like Greece in 04... 2 yrs b4 thst euros that took Portugal to the final , they were knocked out of the world cup in the group stage... ronaldo joined a year later in 03.... u guys will always blame the coach when Messi messes up but when barca wins u guys will start screaming goat... the difference between a ronaldo and messi is that ronaldo will still perform, regardless of the coaches wrong tactics ... now talking about napoli or roma, do they look like teams that can caught out a hundred million euros?? Zlatan went to Milan on a free... ronaldobstill tips the chart in Italy, besides Milan and inter have the best game play presently in Italy but the ronaldo factor that juve enjoys will give juve the title this season ... if u say ronaldo dint make juve stronger then its certain u are a hater... someone that scored 31 league goals last season( a record) and juve won the league by just one point.... do u know how many winning goals he scored?? Remove his goals and juve wudnt have smelt champions league talkless of winning the title...
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by maestroferddi: 6:09pm On Feb 09, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Ronaldo does go down without a fight ..he scored the only 2 goals juve had in both games... remember thst juve is not an attacking side... or do u think Messi will survive in juve?? Juve play Conservative football so goals hardly come by , but he still fires ... Portugal was an average European team that had never win anything...till he took charge as captain
Portugal were World Cup semi finalists in 2006.

They were European Championship finalists in 2004...

So what are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 6:19pm On Feb 09, 2021
Techiekingee:

Lol.... I'm here for u....
Ur drogba, etoo toure comparison to Okocha is absolute bullshit...makes no sense...I can't comment on dat rubbish.....

Messi has failed to light up a world cup...lol...all this trash talk because he lost the final....What other lighting do u want after he was the best player of the tournament??.... please ehn, Ronaldo with his never give up spirit and anticipation, list the world cups he lit up.... I'm waiting.....

Listen, it's very arguable who the better dribbler is between Messi and Ronaldinho.....oga, what u need to know is that Ronaldinho is just more mesmerizing and not exactly the better dribbler... it's very evident Messi is top in all dribble stats....

Messi recorded most dribbles in a champions League (shared)
Most dribbles in world cup broken, 2018
More than 1900 take ons

Messi is best dribbler in history, stats wise.... don't argue

opta started recording dribble stats since like 2003 and Ronaldinho was very much in his peak and young then...so squash the Ronaldinho is a better dribbler talk.... Ronaldinho is more mesmerizing...ok

BTW, we are arguing Messi Ronaldo here, come bk 2 the point grin...

U say Ronaldo has won more than Messi Vastly and will always take top spot.....lol.. explain, hw has he won more??..individually or what....?? cheesy..
He's not the player with most trophies in football
He's not the player with most awards...i don't understand..
Among all players regarded as goat, he's not the player to have won the most vast trophies.....so what makes u tink he'll be regarded as goat above them...lol grin

Ronaldo will always take top spot but he can't even take top spot in NFL super bowl grin grin...SMH... just rest, only in Nigeria and Portugal that majority regard Ronaldo as goat....Make ur findings and see

U just posted a confused contradictory comment ... ronaldo has won more trophies vastly than messi and he has won major trophies that messi has never won, competed in a tournament that messi has never competed, a competition that every past world player has competed in ( the confederation cup) ...the super bowl recognition of messi shows u how flawed the system is...he was credited as the best cos he won 4 cL titles tho he only actively participated in 3 and left out the one that won 5 and was pivotal in winning the 5 titles , highest goal and assist in history of the competition, only player to have appeared in 6 CL finals in modern history
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 6:20pm On Feb 09, 2021
maestroferddi:
Portugal were World Cup semi finalists in 2006.

They were European Championship finalists in 2004...

So what are you talking about?

Exactly, that was when ronaldo joined the team in 03 that they started to become a force ...but Argentina, van force in world football started to decline when Messi joined
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by HBB1(m): 6:20pm On Feb 09, 2021
drezo:

Me i no dey like argue, go and watch this video on YouTube, and hear what Messi has to say, he said this at the peak of their career, when he couldn't hide the truth and admiration for Ronaldo, this was when he was performing highly at Barça and Ronaldo was also performing at Real Madrid, and I respect him for his honesty. If after watching this you don't see a magical Ronaldo then you know absolutely nothing, you just hate the guy for nothing, Ronaldo scores impossible goals, Messi only taps ball and curves balls hardly use his head, overkick goals = zero, do you know what is magical? Why would you be abusing the word magical!!! Ronaldo scored a goal with Juventus one time like that, a ball was lobed to him from midfield the distance is from their own half ooo to opponents box 18 and he was running towards box 18, while RUNNING oooo he took it once at box 18, without trapping it or taking balance, just shot the ball straight into net, do you know how much stamina, sharp eyes, accuracy, it takes to go ahead of ball, and get that right Like have you seen anything like that!!! Let's not talk about what Ronaldo does with his head if there is Goal drought due to tight defenders marking his foot, if you can mark Messi's foot very well, forget it, he won't score anything, he would only have two options left, One is free kick and the second is penalty, if you avoid these two very well, he won't score anything, but he will get it because players don't mark him aggressively like they do to Ronaldo and once he falls they say you fall Messi, you must not apply pressure on Messi because of his small stature.

But Ronaldo hmmm shocked, but Ronaldo shocked, both free kick ooo corner ooo crossing ooo penalty ooo hmm bicycle kick ooo anything could create an opportunity for goal! One time like that he even used his stud of his boot to score goals like karate, My brother you can't hold Ronaldo at his peak, he was mad.

grin

You realize that video was a fake-- doctored translation and all?

Crap!

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by HBB1(m): 6:22pm On Feb 09, 2021
Beverlyjean:

U justvwasted urctime posting total crap... Portugal had only qualified for the world cup 3 times in their history b4 Ronaldo... eusebios Portugal was just one of those dark horse underdog teams that surpassed expectation in 66 ... just like Greece in 04... 2 yrs b4 thst euros that took Portugal to the final , they were knocked out of the world cup in the group stage... ronaldo joined a year later in 03.... u guys will always blame the coach when Messi messes up but when barca wins u guys will start screaming goat... the difference between a ronaldo and messi is that ronaldo will still perform, regardless of the coaches wrong tactics ... now talking about napoli or roma, do they look like teams that can caught out a hundred million euros?? Zlatan went to Milan on a free... ronaldobstill tips the chart in Italy, besides Milan and inter have the best game play presently in Italy but the ronaldo factor that juve enjoys will give juve the title this season ... if u say ronaldo dint make juve stronger then its certain u are a hater... someone that scored 31 league goals last season( a record) and juve won the league by just one point.... do u know how many winning goals he scored?? Remove his goals and juve wudnt have smelt champions league talkless of winning the title...

Same title they had won for 8 years?
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by drezo(m): 6:22pm On Feb 09, 2021
HBB1:

grin

You realize that video was a fake-- doctored transaction and all?

Crap!

Not only doctored but Nursed, it's a nursed video cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by HBB1(m): 6:25pm On Feb 09, 2021
Beverlyjean:

U just posted a confused contradictory comment ... ronaldo has won more trophies vastly than messi and he has won major trophies that messi has never won, competed in a tournament that messi has never competed, a competition that every past world player has competed in ( the confederation cup) ...the super bowl recognition of messi shows u how flawed the system is...he was credited as the best cos he won 4 cL titles tho he only actively participated in 3 and left out the one that won 5 and was pivotal in winning the 5 titles , highest goal and assist in history of the competition, only player to have appeared in 6 CL finals in modern history

You realize Messi injured, was the reason he didn't play the Champions league final in 2005?

What do you mean he didn't participate?
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 6:25pm On Feb 09, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Hmmm Hmmm Otunba Linus somebody that scored in the round of 16 against Chelsea before an injury halted his season Take am easy na

How and when did he score against Chelsea... his first goal against Chelsea was about a couple of years ago
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by FuckThaMod: 6:27pm On Feb 09, 2021
pquaver:

My friend Messi has 4 ucl trophy.. Why don't u remove tonal euro and url afterall he didn't play in final and the other one he didn't start it. He came only at the end
He played in the final and was substituted.. Or can't a player be substituted again? undecided
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by ElValiente(m): 6:27pm On Feb 09, 2021
Greatest Of All Time.

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by FuckThaMod: 6:27pm On Feb 09, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Hmmm Hmmm Otunba Linus somebody that scored in the round of 16 against Chelsea before an injury halted his season Take am easy na
He only played one match and you call that participation? Group stage isn't round 16, who is Linus now?

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by FuckThaMod: 6:29pm On Feb 09, 2021
Techiekingee:

And u tink Ronaldo is d player with the most UCL titles?...lol
Yes.. Don't bring up that gento shît here. That was European League
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 6:31pm On Feb 09, 2021
HBB1:

You realize Messi injured, was the reason he didn't play the Champions league final in 2005?

What do you mean he didn't participate?

No one cares if he got injured...besides, he wasn't even a top player at that time ...so he was inconsequential...it was Ronaldinho, deco , eto , xavi and iniesta that were running things....messi was just a player that had prospects... its just like the barca team of today , now that Ansu is injured, imagine if he is out of the season and barca wins the CL , years later u will compare him with a pivotal player that won the CL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Italy Issues Global Warrant For Robinho After Rape Sentence / Anthony Joshua Beats Otto Wallin: Deontay Wilder Outboxed By Joseph Parker(video / Pogba Meeting Zidane In Dubai Adds To Suspicion Of Man Utd Transfer Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.