Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (966819 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omejeo: 9:40pm On Apr 12, 2015
jamp:

I know some broiler farmers give more pkc to increase their weight. You can try that too.
ok thanks boss will add it to their top feed
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by pathology(m): 10:49pm On Apr 12, 2015
good pm house, pls how can i successfully move 1000 two weeks old broilers to a bigger farm of 10km distance without recording any mortality.

how many doc broiler will a pen of 120ft by 45ft contain till harvest, thanks in anticipation of your responses.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Farmafric(m): 11:34am On Apr 13, 2015
For all you need to know before starting a poultry farm, for your poultry stock like equipment for example: Business plan, Day Old Chicks, Point of Lay, Spent Layers, Giant Turkeys, Eggs, De-beaking machine, De-feathering Machine, Automatic Bell Drinkers, Egg (Chicken, Quail and Turkey) incubator, Brand new Semi Automatic Cages, Gas brooders, Automatic Vaccinators etc., Please visit our corporate office at Farmergiant Nigeria Limited at No 56 Shasha Road Akowonjo, Lagos or our ware house and farm at Ibadan.
Call 08095645892 for more inquiry. Our consultation is free. We are very ready to be of help to you.

1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Farmafric(m): 11:36am On Apr 13, 2015
Call us Farmergiant Nigeria Limited at 08095645892 for brand new incubators of 1,232 and 2,640 Egg Capacity.

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by laposta: 12:35pm On Apr 13, 2015
Anyone with a contact of someone that can do debeaking in Lagos? Please drop here. Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by laposta: 4:32pm On Apr 13, 2015
I have few of these poultry water regulators for sale. For those of us looking to convert our brooding pen to Tip drinkers, this is a must have. It helps you minimize the pressure of the water the the Tips to avoid drenching the chicks and wetting the litter.

You need just one for each brooding pen.

Each unit of it sells for $69 or more on Aliexpress

Each unit goes for N14,200.

I also have ball type Tip drinkers for sale. Each one costs N80.

Prices are best offer (non-negotiable). Buyer pays for transportation (N500 anywhere within Lagos. Upcountry cost to be checked with transport company).

Please reach me on 08091085605.

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by nvgyh: 5:07pm On Apr 13, 2015
Eggcelent:
nvgyh. It is obvious your birds have NCD. Do administer some antibiotics/vitamins for the required number of days. Leave a few days after the treatment, then re-administer the Lasota. I'll advise you get the vaccine from a source different from where you got the last one. Give vitamins for a few days more after the Lasota. Success
thank you boss, what antiobiotics do you advice and for how many days am I to administer it?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by nvgyh: 5:18pm On Apr 13, 2015
kelvin961:

Eggcelent is right but I still need to ask u some few questions.... Because if u are having dis problem anytime u give dem lasota .....den it is a very big problem. Below are my questions

Are ur birds in cage or on d floor?
Since dey started laying have u gave dem lasota before.? Am not talking about d failed one. Is this ur first time in raising laying birds?

On the floor
Yes I have been given them lasota, it's was just sometimes last month 2weeks after I gave them lasota that they came up with the sickness.. they were doing really fine before that time.
It's my first time, I have a friend who claimed to know every down thing about this but at the end I found out he knows just little , today as I write here I just came home from my farm, you can't believe they did just 17crates , this seems to be getting worse and I am really concerned. I have spent a lot of money raising this birds. Pls help!
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 6:27pm On Apr 13, 2015
nvgyh. Don't panic. Keep a cool head. You'll surely come out of this better experienced. How did you administer the lasota the first/last time? Was there spillage? If yes, what did you about the spillage?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by nvgyh: 7:31pm On Apr 13, 2015
Eggcelent:
nvgyh. Don't panic. Keep a cool head. You'll surely come out of this better experienced. How did you administer the lasota the first/last time? Was there spillage? If yes, what did you about the spillage?

I have two rooms in my pen and about 500birds in each, I will dilute 1000 doses in each big paint container after I have mixed it with cowbell, is the lazota doses too much? ..sometimes there is spillage from the dilution and just clean it up.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kevin96(m): 11:27pm On Apr 13, 2015
nvgyh:

I have two rooms in my pen and about 500birds in each, I will dilute 1000 doses in each big paint container after I have mixed it with cowbell, is the lazota doses too much? ..sometimes there is spillage from the dilution and just clean it up.

Lasota vaccine can also turn into a dreadful NCD if not applied carefully ....I think dis is wat ur case has turn into....... D deed has been done now it is time to give solutions.
For me I will advice u treat this birds with neoceryl and gumbocine for 5-6days. Then u placed dem on a good vitamin ..eg amin total , or biovitastress or any other good vitamin dat is high in amino acid. Use this vitamin for 2days ......the immune system of dis birds are down....so dis treatment and d vitamins will help dem gain back their immune system. Then after d vitamin..u will VE to repeat d lasota..

And to my boss @eggcelent please kindly contribute to dis...ASAP..so DAT dis guy can have a relief .
@nvgyh watsapp me on 08057012328 for a quicker response.......Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by neyur: 11:57pm On Apr 13, 2015
For fear of disease outbreak, I prefer fish farming, and the labour involved is very little compared to poultry

Disease outbreak in poultry production is not often and thus can easily be manage.

Fishes are more susceptable to disease than poultry, especialy at the larval stage. A single contact by hand with the water can kill all the larvals in the stocking pond.....

You can not culled fish becuase they lived in depth of water buh u can culled chickens as soon as symptoms beging to show up.

Meanwhile I don't know the size of the pond you are talking of...but if it is a big commercial ponds especially if it is earthlen pond..bros! The chances of the fishes been expose or prone to diseases is 70%...
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by neyur: 12:08am On Apr 14, 2015
nvgyh:

What is the gram of the cowbel you mixed with the water and how many satchet did you poured inside each container of how many liters?....if all these measure are not taken into consideration, that means the lazota vaccine might be overdose.
Because I believ the essence of pouring the milk is to test the impurities content of the water and thus to make the lazota vacine effective for there system....
Another reason may be as a result of lenght of consumption of the vaccine...
For healthy and under good management control, the lasota vaccine shouldn't spend more than 3hours from the time of application.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by neyur: 12:22am On Apr 14, 2015
pathology:
good pm house, pls how can i successfully move 1000 two weeks old broilers to a bigger farm of 10km distance without recording any mortality.

how many doc broiler will a pen of 120ft by 45ft contain till harvest, thanks in anticipation of your responses.

Conveying 2weeks old chicken to a distance of 10km, has nothing to do with the health of the chicken...all you need to do is cover the truck, pick-up or any open roof car to be use with black cover, that will help to radiate heat.
If getin there succesfully, you give the chickens multivitamins or any other antistress vacines. This will help them to recover the body system.
D broilers are not the same prior to feeding..cux I may give you figure and later you may discover the figure is bushit....so it depend on ur observation as time goes on with your management.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by nvgyh: 5:10am On Apr 14, 2015
kevin96:

Lasota vaccine can also turn into a dreadful NCD if not applied carefully ....I think dis is wat ur case has turn into....... D deed has been done now it is time to give solutions.
For me I will advice u treat this birds with neoceryl and gumbocine for 5-6days. Then u placed dem on a good vitamin ..eg amin total , or biovitastress or any other good vitamin dat is high in amino acid. Use this vitamin for 2days ......the immune system of dis birds are down....so dis treatment and d vitamins will help dem gain back their immune system. Then after d vitamin..u will VE to repeat d lasota..

And to my boss @eggcelent please kindly contribute to dis...ASAP..so DAT dis guy can have a relief .
@nvgyh watsapp me on 08057012328 for a quicker response.......Goodluck

Kindly enlight me more on how lasota vaccine should be applied, and precautions meant to be taking. How am I to apply these neoceryl and gumbocine? I mean are they to be mixed together and dilute with their water or used seperately. I will message you on whatsapp at dawn. Thanks a lot.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by nvgyh: 5:24am On Apr 14, 2015
neyur:

What is the gram of the cowbel you mixed with the water and how many satchet did you poured inside each container of how many liters?....if all these measure are not taken into consideration, that means the lazota vaccine might be overdose.
Because I believ the essence of pouring the milk is to test the impurities content of the water and thus to make the lazota vacine effective for there system....
Another reason may be as a result of lenght of consumption of the vaccine...
For healthy and under good management control, the lasota vaccine shouldn't spend more than 3hours from the time of application.

Two 17gram of cowbell sachets mixed with each 20liters of water before diluting with 1000doses of lasota each 20l container and that is distributed to about 500bird in the two rooms of the pen. What do you think about that sir?

Concerning lasota spillage, what is meant to be done after such thing happened? it is noted that whenever birds are drinking water from their drinker some part drop on the floor of pen.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigiyaro(m): 12:34pm On Apr 14, 2015
i jst noticed that my broiler chicks were laggin behind in terms of growth or body size compared to other chicks of dsame age (4wks) from dsame source- zartech. I use vitafeed broiler starter n sometimes use vitalyte for a few days in a wk. The chicks were recently down wit gumboro bt they've bounced back,thanks to eggcelent,davizfarms,farmtech n kevin96 (very great guys). Pls i need info/advice on how achive my target wieght of 1.5-2kg. I intend disposin them at 8 wks,they will five wks by thurs. Thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by neyur: 4:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
nvgyh:

Two 17gram of cowbell sachets mixed with each 20liters of water before diluting with 1000doses of lasota each 20l container and that is distributed to about 500bird in the two rooms of the pen. What do you think about that sir?

Concerning lasota spillage, what is meant to be done after such thing happened? it is noted that whenever birds are drinking water from their drinker some part drop on the floor of pen.

Your procedures are correct, buh what I peak from what you type is that, it could probabily seems that the bird could have received the vaccine in excess as in overdose....
That is why the imune systems of the birds could not make an effective use of the vacine.

I suggest u hold on a bit and continue with there feeding and also suplement there water with any multivitamins to repaire the damages....
Am afraid to prescribe any drugs or further vacination as the health of the birds may b at risk.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kevin96(m): 4:06pm On Apr 14, 2015
bigiyaro:
i jst noticed that my broiler chicks were laggin behind in terms of growth or body size compared to other chicks of dsame age (4wks) from dsame source- zartech. I use vitafeed broiler starter n sometimes use vitalyte for a few days in a wk. The chicks were recently down wit gumboro bt they've bounced back,thanks to eggcelent,davizfarms,farmtech n kevin96 (very great guys). Pls i need info/advice on how achive my target wieght of 1.5-2kg. I intend disposin them at 8 wks,they will five wks by thurs. Thanks.

Is it all ur birds dat has dis problem or is it just few of them?
What brand of feed are u using ? And how is there health? Any sign of cocci?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by dammike(m): 5:44pm On Apr 14, 2015
Do you wish to know more about poultry, piggery and fishery business?

Do you need quality and standard day old chicks or point of lay?

Do you wish to start your own farm but don't know how to set it up?

Do you need feed materials, drugs and vaccines for your farm?

Do you wish to produce your own feed for your flock?

Do you wish to change from deep litters to battery cage?

The answer to your needs and wishes is here, contact Damilola on 08059598302, 08128476838, 08060458479, BBM pin:2BD99011. A trial will convince you.

Please do rebroadcast. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigiyaro(m): 6:23pm On Apr 14, 2015
kevin96:

Is it all ur birds dat has dis problem or is it just few of them?
What brand of feed are u using ? And how is there health? Any sign of cocci?
its all d birds dat has d problem, am using vitafeed broiler starter n no sign of cocci dats bloody liters. I tink they r recoverin fast from d gumboro.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omejeo: 7:50pm On Apr 14, 2015
oga famtech pls can u help me with the feed formulation material for brolier and layers thanks my mail poampearl@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 10:17pm On Apr 14, 2015
omejeo:
oga famtech pls can u help me with the feed formulation material for brolier and layers thanks my mail poampearl@gmail.com
Did u follow the link and read the instruction? If you don't understand it let me know.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Cleoo(f): 5:13am On Apr 15, 2015

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 8:29am On Apr 15, 2015
few weeks ago, my birds(layers)were nt doing fine and I was having mortality which I tot was as a result of "laying" stress, post mortem however proved it was NCD, my vet injected d birds but I lost more birds after injection dan before s injection.I became more worried den came on this thread to get advice frm experienced farmers. I got various advice from different pple and I am very grateful to everyone,(jamp,eggcelent nd co). but I am specially grateful to kelvin96 who gave me his contact, and monitored me tru d fone as I treated my birds...thanks a lot and God bless. my birds are now fine, and for d first tym I walk into my pen without fear of picking out a dead bird.

d treatment he prescribed = neoceryl for 5days, lasota 2days later, multivitamin for d next 2,3days. it worked!

4 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Apitch(m): 12:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
justified19:
few weeks ago, my birds(layers)were nt doing fine and I was having mortality which I tot was as a result of "laying" stress, post mortem however proved it was NCD, my vet injected d birds but I lost more birds after injection dan before s injection.I became more worried den came on this thread to get advice frm experienced farmers. I got various advice from different pple and I am very grateful to everyone,(jamp,eggcelent nd co). but I am specially grateful to kelvin96 who gave me his contact, and monitored me tru d fone as I treated my birds...thanks a lot and God bless. my birds are now fine, and for d first tym I walk into my pen without fear of picking out a dead bird.

d treatment he prescribed = neoceryl for 5days, lasota 2days later, multivitamin for d next 2,3days. it worked!
Big ups bro!
This is exactly how I expect things to be done here, though I'm not a poultry farmer yet but coming back to reference help and stating what cured what is the best way to teach others.
Kelvin96 n co I thank U too

4 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by endy247(f): 12:49pm On Apr 15, 2015
Great farmer, i want to thank u guys for ur help, my birds have recovered from d coryza disease, i gave them neoceryl plus and tylodox wit multivit and they're doing ok now.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kevin96(m): 2:38pm On Apr 15, 2015
bigiyaro:
its all d birds dat has d problem, am using vitafeed broiler starter n no sign of cocci dats bloody liters. I tink they r recoverin fast from d gumboro.

How many are they? And how many feeds are u giving dem daily? Were did u got them? And wen last did u treat cocci? Sometimes cocci might be there but u might not even notice bloody droppings?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigiyaro(m): 2:46pm On Apr 15, 2015
kevin96:

How many are they? And how many feeds are u giving dem daily? Were did u got them? And wen last did u treat cocci? Sometimes cocci might be there but u might not even notice bloody droppings?
they r 104, they eat 25kg vitafeed broiler starter in 4 days,i got them from zartech in jos n i have never treated cocci. Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fishleg123: 3:45pm On Apr 15, 2015
I great all farmers in d houses. pls how much (in kg ) layer mash will 170 laying birds of 6 months old will eat in a day
.I want to minimize waste and avoid under feeding.
thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by pathology(m): 3:52pm On Apr 15, 2015
well ur market determine how u raise ur broilers, are u selling live wt. or kilo wt. whichever one it is u dont need any fattener bc it adds to cost of prodx with little or no added value. if ur birds are well fed i.e feeding ad libitum with regular supply of water, they will do well insha Allah. avoid switching from one feed to another, if vital stay with vital till slaughter, if amo stay wt amo till slaughter. ogas in the house more contributions pls.

Cleoo:
Please someone help me o! I have 100 broilers, 4 weeks old, they have been eating like say tomorrow no dey! I intend selling it @8 weeks, but the rate they are eating, I won't make any profit. I give them Amo starter feed. I ve been adding different types of unbranded fattner to their feed and water(the feed vendor recommended them), but am not so impressed with their size... Please what should I do to aid their growth, save cost on feed, and be able to make profit... I never knew that broilers can be this demanding and expensive(cuz I ve already lost 113 birds). I've been a mugu for these poultry feed vendors, as they keep recommending different types of drugs, and fattner.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 3:59pm On Apr 15, 2015
bigiyaro:
they r 104, they eat 25kg vitafeed broiler starter in 4 days,i got them from zartech in jos n i have never treated cocci. Thanks

how about lasota vaccine...how many times ve u given dem? Meanwhile please place dem on embazin forte for 3 days then ordinary water for two days and embazin forte for another 3 days. And dey are suppose to be taking 7kg daily till d end of 4weeks while dey should take 8.6kg daily at 5weeks den 11kg daily at 6weeks. Good luck and pls let me know about lasota u ve given dem

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.