Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (965773 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by grownaira: 3:22pm On May 20, 2015
AkayTopsy:
@grownaira and All, Would u pls throw more light on how to Mix E.S.T Mix with feed since it must be consumed immediately?

what quantity of feed?

How long do they mean by IMMEDIATELY (30mins? 1hr?)

100gram of EST goes with 100Kg of feeds.

What I do personally is to mix the feeds the birds can consume in 2days.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 3:28pm On May 20, 2015
omotititi:
Thank you AkayTopsy. I will check their website and get a contact number to call. I appreciate.

Or you can Mr Francis @ 08062614341, He is currently their rep in benin
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 3:34pm On May 20, 2015
kengeorge:
What do you do when you discover that your point of lay birds have CRD? most of the time it leads to early lay mortality and it is very difficult to treat. which kind of medication can help you through this phase as I have used tylosin based drug, enrofloxacin and the situation just persist.

You really dont have to wait for them to fall down before treating them. if i were you i will use tylosin or tylodox for them when they are 10-12 weeks ...Please dont use tylosin for laying birds or for POL birds
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obnelly: 5:20pm On May 20, 2015
All, how do we prevent the growth of algae inside our water lines.I mean the nipples.
It reduces the pressure in the nipple thereby reducing the amount of water consumption by the chicken.
Chicken stress themselves to get water by pecking the nipple severally .
Disease infestation from water likely possible because some amount of algae can be consumed by the chickens.
Pls any solution to this problem will be highly appreciated.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kevin96(m): 5:42pm On May 20, 2015
http://www.trouwnutritionhifeed.com/en/Products/Catalogue/selko-ph/9129

obnelly:
All, how do we prevent the growth of algae inside our water lines.I mean the nipples.
It reduces the pressure in the nipple thereby reducing the amount of water consumption by the chicken.
Disease infestation from water likely possible because some amount of algae can be consumed by the chickens.

Have you tried selko pH?

obnelly:

Have you tried selko pH?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obnelly: 6:12pm On May 20, 2015
kevin96:
http://www.trouwnutritionhifeed.com/en/Products/Catalogue/selko-ph/9129

Have you tried selko pH?
No kelvin I think I will visit my vet shop tomorrow.
Can I administer it while chickens are in the cage?

Have you tried selko pH?

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 7:33pm On May 20, 2015
[quote author=obnelly post=33933004][/quote]

Yes you can use it for them.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AkayTopsy: 7:42pm On May 20, 2015
@omotititi and eggxel you're welcome.

Thanx grownaira. if mixing E.S.T Mix with the feed is as effective as mixing it in their water then it isreally COST EFFECTIVE using the feed bro.

@Kelvin96 what's your experience with Koudjis Concentrate pls.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 8:20pm On May 20, 2015
AkayTopsy:
@omotititi and eggxel you're welcome.

Thanx grownaira. if mixing E.S.T Mix with the feed is as effective as mixing it in their water then it isreally COST EFFECTIVE using the feed bro.

@Kelvin96 what's your experience with Koudjis Concentrate pls.

The best i have seen so far..... For broilers, i can get 2kg for 6 weeks birds, but i have to start them with galdus, for the first seven days.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by grownaira: 8:40pm On May 20, 2015
kelvin96:

The best i have seen so far..... For broilers, i can get 2kg for 6 weeks birds, but i have to start them with galdus, for the first seven days.

Oga kelvin, which one be galdus pls?

And when u said 2Kg, u mean live weight or dressed?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Juliana7: 10:08pm On May 20, 2015
@kelvin, what did u mix with kbc(koudjis broiler concentrate) to get a balanced feed for d broiler just like what akaytopsy did for layers, which he posted in d previous post. Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by grownaira: 11:11pm On May 20, 2015
Juliana7:
@kelvin, what did u mix with kbc(koudjis broiler concentrate) to get a balanced feed for d broiler just like what akaytopsy did for layers, which he posted in d previous post. Thanks

Dia are two types of Kbc

First One, you mix with only maize. For this type, you mix with 100Kg maize for starter feeds, and 150Kg maize for finisher feeds.

Second One, you mix with 400Kg maize and 148Kg soya meal.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 11:42pm On May 20, 2015
Juliana7:

grownaira:

Oga kelvin, which one be galdus pls?
And when u said 2Kg, u mean live weight or dressed?

As regard how to mix the KBC 10,

Starter 0 - 17 days; KBC10 125 kg, maize 600 kg, soya meal 275 kg.

Grower 17 - 37 days; KBC10 100 kg, maize 650 kg, soya meal 250 kg

Finisher after 37 days; KBC10 80 kg, maize 695 kg, soya meal 225 kg.

There is another one called kbc30

Starter
Maize: 650
kbc30: 350

Finisher: 650
Kbc30: 300
Wheat Offal: 50

And for Galdus , it is a prestarter feed directly from holland, made by koudijs.
It helps the birds builds their digestive trait.
You can read more about it here
http://www.koudijs.deheus.com/feed-solutions/poultry/day-old-chicks

@grownaira, the 2kg i talked about is live weight.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 11:47pm On May 20, 2015
Kbc 10

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by grownaira: 12:03am On May 21, 2015
kelvin96:

As regard how to mix the KBC 10,

Starter 0 - 17 days; KBC10 125 kg, maize 600 kg, soya meal 275 kg.

Grower 17 - 37 days; KBC10 100 kg, maize 650 kg, soya meal 250 kg

Finisher after 37 days; KBC10 80 kg, maize 695 kg, soya meal 225 kg.

There is another one called kbc30

Starter
Maize: 650
kbc30: 350

Finisher: 650
Kbc30: 300
Wheat Offal: 50

And for Galdus , it is a prestarter feed directly from holland, made by koudijs.
It helps the birds builds their digestive trait.
You can read more about it here
http://www.koudijs.deheus.com/feed-solutions/poultry/day-old-chicks

@grownaira, the 2kg i talked about is live weight.

Good. koudijs products are good. Only problem is dia products are expensive.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 12:44am On May 21, 2015
kelvin96:

You really dont have to wait for them to fall down before treating them. if i were you i will use tylosin or tylodox for them when they are 10-12 weeks ...Please dont use tylosin for laying birds or for POL birds
Why do you say that? I used it for mine to treat crd and that's what lab result recommended.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 12:56am On May 21, 2015
obnelly:
Add an organic acid like citric acid to their water.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 1:13am On May 21, 2015
FarmTech:

Why do you say that? I used it for mine to treat crd and that's what lab result recommended.

yes definately it will take care of the crd....if d birds are laying, it will crash the production, and it will take a very long time before they can bounce back,that is if they ve not gone far in their laying circle . And for pol, it delays them from laying on time.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Juliana7: 7:55am On May 21, 2015
Wow @kelvin u are awesome with ur invaluable response to questions thank u. Pls @kelvin d SELKO PH u recommended to obnelly can it be gotten from a vet store here in nigeria. And also @grownaira u are d "bomb", thanks for responding to my question. Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omotititi: 8:36am On May 21, 2015
@Kelvin...thank you for all ur valuable contributions. Please where are you located in Benin so that i can visit your farm to learn and also exchange the little i know with you sir.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigiyaro(m): 8:44am On May 21, 2015
kelvin96:
Kbc 10
my oga @kelvin96, pls were do u get this galdus prestarter n kbc, i really need it for incomin broilers. Thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obnelly: 8:58am On May 21, 2015
FarmTech:

Add an organic acid like citric acid to their water.

Thanks farm tech
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 11:15am On May 21, 2015
bigiyaro:
my oga @kelvin96, pls were do u get this galdus prestarter n kbc, i really need it for incomin broilers. Thanks.

Where is your location?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 11:18am On May 21, 2015
omotititi:
@Kelvin...thank you for all ur valuable contributions. Please where are you located in Benin so that i can visit your farm to learn and also exchange the little i know with you sir.

Bros you be my chairman ooo. My farm is at km 19 benin/sapele road Just by Rubber research Junction. I will be so happy to see you sir.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 11:21am On May 21, 2015
Juliana7:
Wow @kelvin u are awesome with ur invaluable response to questions thank u. Pls @kelvin d SELKO PH u recommended to obnelly can it be gotten from a vet store here in nigeria. And also @grownaira u are d "bomb", thanks for responding to my question. Thanks

Yes you can get the selko PH from Vet shops. Please note that Selko PH is in liquid form.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigiyaro(m): 12:58pm On May 21, 2015
kelvin96:

Where is your location?
am in jos, i can also enter kaduna n abj any time if need be.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 1:09pm On May 21, 2015
kelvin96:

yes definately it will take care of the crd....if d birds are laying, it will crash the production, and it will take a very long time before they can bounce back,that is if they ve not gone far in their laying circle . And for pol, it delays them from laying on time.
My last batch of birds were prone to crd and to prevent frequent illness, I have to give tylodox every month. And I did not record any drop or ceasation of egg production. Even u can mix it in feed (@ preventive dose) to prevent crd as shown here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/471896/. The drug that shud not be given to layers are sulfa-based drugs.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 1:28pm On May 21, 2015
FarmTech:

My last batch of birds were prone to crd and to prevent frequent illness, I have to give tylodox every month. And I did not record any drop or ceasation of egg production. Even u can mix it in feed (@ preventive dose) to prevent crd as shown here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/471896/. The drug that shud not be given to layers are sulfa-based drugs.

Hmmm.....Good to hear it worked for you, bro I read that same article before i treated mine three years back, and i regretted doing it... i cant try it on my laying birds again. I did it once, twice and it wrecked my production. I only use tylosin few weeks to POl. And if i happen to come across CRD in my laying flock i just use embacerly.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obstead200(m): 1:35pm On May 21, 2015
davidzfarm18:

The Odour from Battery cage will make the neighbour get a court injunction restraining him from operating leading to loss of investment.

but is it not possible to place wood filings in the trench under the battery cage? i guess the excess ordour could also be removed this way
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 1:41pm On May 21, 2015
bigiyaro:
am in jos, i can also enter kaduna n abj any time if need be.

Okay Call this number 08030625145 his name is pius, He works with koudijs, He should be able to link you up with someone in your region. Goodluck Brother.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigiyaro(m): 1:44pm On May 21, 2015
kelvin96:

Okay Call this number 08030625145 his name is pius, He works with koudijs, He should be able to link you up with someone in your region. Goodluck Brother.
thanks boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.