Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (965949 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by CyreB: 4:59pm On Apr 07, 2016
Good day house, going by the level of heat we are experiencing now, especially in the Northern Nigeria is it advisible to still brood DOC?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abidecz: 4:57pm On Apr 08, 2016
Hello house anyone with use cage for layers for sale should contact me 07062406696
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by dadson2009(m): 5:50pm On Apr 08, 2016
Twinmama:
. Oga biko separate the sick one from the rest and try another brand of pox drug. I know others will contribute but do the separation asap.
thanks for the advice
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by macdot(m): 7:29pm On Apr 08, 2016
CyreB:
Good day house, going by the level of heat we are experiencing now, especially in the Northern Nigeria is it advisible to still brood DOC?
Now is the best time to brood cos you will spend less on heat source
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by CyreB: 8:56pm On Apr 08, 2016
macdot:

Now is the best time to brood cos you will spend less on heat source

Thanks alot. But what I actually meant is, what should be the artificial heat provision in brooding now that the temperature is high?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abidecz: 10:36am On Apr 10, 2016
Hello house pls do any one know the prize for DOC for layers now
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by dam4wummy(m): 4:41pm On Apr 12, 2016
fnk:
Hello all,

Please if you get the attached docs in the email I sent you, please let me know here on Nairaland, omotititi, said that (He or she) didn't get the first one I sent. Just want to make sure everyone gets it. And please omotititi, if you still didn't it, let me know so that I can keep trying to make sure you get it.

Just a quick comment, This poultry industry holds a great opportunity for everyone who is willing to put their shoulders to the wheel and push along. One of the things that I noticed in my research was that it cost me about N15,000 (Fifteen thousand Naira) to raise 25 day old chicks to 2.5kg within 7 weeks. I am thinking very very small scale project to teach people how they can do this, and they can turn around and sell the chicken for about N850/kg which will give them about N2,125 estimate par bird. Multiple that by 25 birds, that will give you N53,125. Some people work as a gas station attendant and makes about N15k/month that means N30k in 2 months. or a new graduate who will spend the next 2 years looking for work. These individuals could be trained on how to do this and they will be their own BOSS with enough time in the day to do other things they like and at the same time growing their poultry business. From 25 birds, they can increase their next set to 30, 40, 50 birds and the growth will continue.

The comfort here is that the Nigerian population will swallow any quantity you throw at them, so it doesn't matter how many people are involved in this industry, of course the game will then becomes marketing, products differentiation and packaging. I have never been this excited about any thing before.

Good luck guys.

Franklin Kalu

Mr. Frank please can i get one also. dam4wummy2000@yahoo.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by dam4wummy(m): 4:50pm On Apr 12, 2016
fnk:
@omotititi, @jamp, @Josh121, @Abankula, I have send out the email to you guys. Good luck.

would also love to get one too
dam4wummy2000@yahoo.con
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by dam4wummy(m): 4:52pm On Apr 12, 2016
abidecz:
Hello house pls do any one know the prize for DOC for layers now
heard there is no layers stock available until june/july and august
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omonla1010: 1:42pm On Apr 14, 2016
welldone house, this is an educative and inspiring thread, It took me more than a week to complete the whole threads. I must say have learnt a lots. kudos to the creator and contributors of this forum. u have all done well. I'm also about to start Poultry farming just 200 pullets in order to learn more.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Oxytocin712: 10:18pm On Apr 14, 2016
Mr. Frank please can i get one also.
dam4wummy or anyone else who had gotten it can also help.

dammy902@gmail.com.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jireh250: 8:17am On Apr 15, 2016
Hello guys, please send me these useful materials to ugosid2000@yaHoo.Com.
Thanks a lot
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Felshow: 8:45pm On Apr 15, 2016
@fnk please send me the doc too Feliciasoyinka@yahoo.com thanks so much.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by raphemmanuel(m): 3:16pm On Apr 18, 2016
please house I reside in Aba. and anyone in Aba should please tell me how much day old chicks is sold. I need your response as soon as possible.
thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by lekinxyn12(m): 6:08pm On Apr 18, 2016
Can someone help on how to best manage poultry waste in battery cage within an urban environment. I am setting up my poultry of 550 birds and i intend to dig a pit and cover with a slab to pour the waste every 4days. I will appreciate your suggestion on how to best manage my farm.
pls note that my farm is located in a swamp area where 10ft pit will get to water level.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 19, 2016
fnk:
Hello all,

Please if you get the attached docs in the email I sent you, please let me know here on Nairaland, omotititi, said that (He or she) didn't get the first one I sent. Just want to make sure everyone gets it. And please omotititi, if you still didn't it, let me know so that I can keep trying to make sure you get it.

Just a quick comment, This poultry industry holds a great opportunity for everyone who is willing to put their shoulders to the wheel and push along. One of the things that I noticed in my research was that it cost me about N15,000 (Fifteen thousand Naira) to raise 25 day old chicks to 2.5kg within 7 weeks. I am thinking very very small scale project to teach people how they can do this, and they can turn around and sell the chicken for about N850/kg which will give them about N2,125 estimate par bird. Multiple that by 25 birds, that will give you N53,125. Some people work as a gas station attendant and makes about N15k/month that means N30k in 2 months. or a new graduate who will spend the next 2 years looking for work. These individuals could be trained on how to do this and they will be their own BOSS with enough time in the day to do other things they like and at the same time growing their poultry business. From 25 birds, they can increase their next set to 30, 40, 50 birds and the growth will continue.

The comfort here is that the Nigerian population will swallow any quantity you throw at them, so it doesn't matter how many people are involved in this industry, of course the game will then becomes marketing, products differentiation and packaging. I have never been this excited about any thing before.

Good luck guys.

Franklin Kalu

Good day Mr. Frank.. Please can. Also have it sent to my mail... Chilet4cici@gmail.com God bless u
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ugwup: 9:39am On Apr 19, 2016
@ Frank please i need the doc too, please kindly send to ifeanyi.p@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by olatunde123: 9:44am On Apr 19, 2016
Please I also need the doc olatundesodiq@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by puofp: 10:13am On Apr 19, 2016
Hello all,

Good luck guys.

Franklin Kalu

Please help send to ofoegbupatricia@yahoo.com. God bless you.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by pcoolioz(m): 11:08am On Apr 19, 2016
hello everyone, what's should be the average wright of pullets at 2months? so I know if I am feeding properly?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by dadson2009(m): 11:25am On Apr 19, 2016
puofp:
Hello all,

Good luck guys.

Franklin Kalu

Please help send to ofoegbupatricia@yahoo.com. God bless you.
please kindly send to me too dadsondamilare@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by moyin2009: 12:38pm On Apr 19, 2016
@fnk, welldone sir, please I will like to receive the data also. nuel771@gmail.com. thanks for always be an encourager in the industry.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jayned: 3:15pm On Apr 19, 2016
Kindly email me too. Janedaudu@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by raphemmanuel(m): 3:49pm On Apr 19, 2016
fnk:
sent, check your emails.
@VULCAN, and @fasbio, Really, I don't think it takes rocket science to become a poultry farmer. No matter how you look at it and all the info you will get, you will gain the experience as you go. From your first poultry cycle, to when you become a guru, you will keep learning and keep inventing a better way to do it. So even if the 800,000 people on Nairaland lend in their ideas and solutions, every one of use that want to go into this business will have to learn one thing or the other in the process. One thing I leaned during my first cycle was never to leave what I can do myself to someone else to do. this is what happened, I left home very early on Sunday morning leaving my wife to help turn off the lights/heat in the coop, to check the water, and to raise the tapolline that covered the sides of the coop. My wife got busy with the kids and forgot to do any of these things. The result, by 2:00pm, 13 birds that weighed 1.8kg each have died of heat exhaustion. The light was creating heat, the sun was super high, their water was gone and the tapolline kept the heat in. So imagine if the number was in the hundreds or thousands.

@ fasbio, Don't leave what you can do for someone else, who might not have the same kind of passion for it as you do. IF you do it right in Nigeria, you will make more money that you can ever make in UK. UK and U.S will be a vacation destination for you and not a place to work and hopping to survive. You can have best of both world.
please sir if you have an idea about this particular breed of broiler. can you please tell me the best one to go for (Arbor acre and Hubbard)
And also I will like to have a copy of what you send to others. raphemmanuel85@gmail.com
Thanks for your anticipated cooperation.
And I will like to hear from you as son as possible...
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by MyHeroFred(m): 3:46pm On Apr 20, 2016
Please Mr Frank. Do send to my mail: talk2myhero@gmail.com. I intend starting with 200 DOC. What could be the total project expenditures to POL with every facility on ground.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 20, 2016
Please house I have been a silent follower of this thread and I have started my little poultry with the help of all I learned here, this is my 4 batch of 100 birds per batch.. But this batch at 7 weeks I notice they are not as big as previous batches, please what can I give them as I intend selling them in at most 2 weeks from now... I really need urgent reply from my ogas in the house
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by moyin2009: 5:29pm On Apr 20, 2016
@fnk, welldone sir, please I will like to receive the data also. nuel771@gmail.com. thanks for always be an encourager in the industry
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by raphemmanuel(m): 6:02pm On Apr 20, 2016
Our poultry gurus please answer us don't let us die of ignorance because ignorance is a great disease.
we need your help
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by macdot(m): 6:44am On Apr 21, 2016
chilet4cici:
Please house I have been a silent follower of this thread and I have started my little poultry with the help of all I learned here, this is my 4 batch of 100 birds per batch.. But this batch at 7 weeks I notice they are not as big as previous batches, please what can I give them as I intend selling them in at most 2 weeks from now... I really need urgent reply from my ogas in the house
You can use growth booster on them. There are different types and products in the market. Just go to your vet store and get one. Good luck
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 21, 2016
macdot:

You can use growth booster on them. There are different types and products in the market. Just go to your vet store and get one. Good luck
Thank you
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Liadi2(m): 11:23am On Apr 22, 2016
good day boss, pls i want to ask a question, it was my
first time of such. I took a Guinea fowls egg to obj farm
yesterday 21/04/15 after doing the necessary, I forgot
to ask when to come back for it. Some people told me
after 21days but I decided to contact you because I know some people here will there too as at yesterday. Thanks looking forward to hear from you soon.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abbeyforex(m): 7:12am On Apr 23, 2016
lekinxyn12:
Can someone help on how to best manage poultry waste in battery cage within an urban environment. I am setting up my poultry of 550 birds and i intend to dig a pit and cover with a slab to pour the waste every 4days. I will appreciate your suggestion on how to best manage my farm.
pls note that my farm is located in a swamp area where 10ft pit will get to water level.

Why waste such great resources? Convert it to energy and generate Biogas for cooking,free electricity for your farm and Bio-fertiliser that you can sell to crop farmers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.