Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,270 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (964722 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by KofoBams: 11:20pm On Apr 20, 2017
Am into poultry farm, I have PS pullets and Broilers,
I do my hatching at Obasanjo Hatchery in Ibadan.
If you need day old Pullet or Cockerel I can supply them
to you at no extra cost, provided you are within 100 KM from Ibadan.
Contact No 07054012835

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by shakyriri: 1:33pm On Apr 21, 2017
[quote author=KofoBams post=55760730]Am into poultry farm, I have PS pullets and Broilers,
I do my hatching at Obasanjo Hatchery in Ibadan.
If you need day old Pullet or Cockerel I can supply them
to you at no extra cost, provided you are within 100 KM from Ibadan.
Contact No 07054012835[/quote
Cc Turks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 21, 2017
HURRY UP FOR GRAB 10,000 PEICES OF OLD LAYERS AT EPE FOR JUST #1,200 ONLY. 08020917141..CALL ME FOR ENQUIRY THANK YOU
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by soloniger(m): 10:33pm On Apr 22, 2017
My friend in kano want to sale his 7 week boilers, what is the average price per kilogram, please?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by topmantee: 9:02am On Apr 25, 2017
Fresh eggs for sale in our farm, farm located off Shagamu-Abeokuta express way ...for more info kindly contact AK on 09069423065
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by GidiPrince: 11:17am On Apr 25, 2017
Good morning house, what is the expected weight of layers at 18weeks?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by khayc(m): 2:54pm On Apr 25, 2017
fnk:
@brendan and the rest, I have emailed you guys the docs. @ brendan, take your time and go through this tread, from page 1 to 13, you will see post from people with a lot of experience, I am not an expert in this field, just have great love for it. When I ran my research in Lagos, I went through some not so conventional system just to prove that the V-mix works, i.e; I didn't clear the coop for 3 weeks, leave it to get wet and the water holders were pretty dirty, the water was messy looking which will be a breading room for Ecoli and other virus that can kill the birds. But because of the V-mix, virus or bacteria could not grow or even survive in those environment, It didn't matter how bad the water was or the coop, the birds was health and thrived.

There are books you can buy and they will give you more info on when to change the water, clean out the coop etc. And tell you the truth, a lot of this processes are common sense and your love for what you are doing.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks guys.

hello please can you help me with this documentation. thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigthingz: 5:08pm On Apr 25, 2017
Good evening house. Pls how can I treat lice on my birds, jus saw my laying pullets have lice. Thank you
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 5:31pm On Apr 25, 2017
Neem oil to the rescue. smiley
bigthingz:
Good evening house. Pls how can I treat lice on my birds, jus saw my laying pullets have lice. Thank you
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:38pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hello house. I lost my pullets at week 17, only one survive and drop its first egg at week 23 (late), this am sure is due to lack of feeding because I didn't bother to buy feed.

Today makes it 3rd day of laying..... below are the eggs

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:45pm On Apr 25, 2017
Turks:

Do you fabricate cage?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 7:01pm On Apr 25, 2017
No sir. We have someone who does it for us.
IdisuleOurOwn:

Do you fabricate cage?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:48pm On Apr 25, 2017
Turks:
No sir. We have someone who does it for us.

Any type? Like raging from 60 capacity (2 tiers) to 120 capacity (3 tiers)?

Am in need of 60 capacity, 2 tiers due to the size and height of my pen. It was meant to accommodate 100 birds on deep liter. I lost my birds but I didn't lost the pen, that's why I want to get that cage and pol.

Your location?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2017
All these can be provided and sorted out sir. POL can also be sourced from reliable links sir. Location is Ibadan.
IdisuleOurOwn:

Any type? Like raging from 60 capacity (2 tiers) to 120 capacity (3 tiers)?

Am in need of 60 capacity, 2 tiers due to the size and height of my pen. It was meant to accommodate 100 birds on deep liter. I lost my birds but I didn't lost the pen, that's why I want to get that cage and pol.

Your location?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by delight03: 9:53pm On Apr 25, 2017
Turks:

how is it going to be applied?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kioboy(m): 2:40pm On Apr 26, 2017
@turks so CHI have male line now? I want to produce 500 broilers for frozen Chicken sellers, with intensive feeding and proper management in terms of biosecurity, dry litter, which hatchery to buy DOC that will give good result in 6 to 7 weeks? target is 3kg, accumulated ration will be 5.5kg per bird.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 3:02am On Apr 27, 2017
*Yes sir, CHI have begun selling their male line but not line but it's a momentary thing

*Hatchery to buy from? There are a number of hatcheries i can recommend which are guaranteed to give you good results. This is solely dependent on why their feed as well as their management which you earlier mentioned. As long as he feeding and management is good, they'll do just fine.

*3kg in 6-7weeks? I'm not quite certain if this is achievable if you're going to be feeding your birds with commercial feeds but it's certainly achievable if you'd be making use of concentrates.
kioboy:
@turks so CHI have male line now? I want to produce 500 broilers for frozen Chicken sellers, with intensive feeding and proper management in terms of biosecurity, dry litter, which hatchery to buy DOC that will give good result in 6 to 7 weeks? target is 3kg, accumulated ration will be 5.5kg per bird.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kioboy(m): 9:58am On Apr 27, 2017
Turks post=5595532[quote author=Turks:

*3kg in 6-7weeks? I'm not quite certain if this is achievable if you're going to be feeding your birds with commercial feeds but it's certainly achievable if you'd be making use of concentrates.

you mean commercial concentrate or self formulated?
please I want to know more about fermenting feeds with molasses, the method?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 1:11pm On Apr 27, 2017
If you'd be formulating yourself and you're confident that your formula is balanced, why not? Not sure if these commercial concentrates. Can't really vouch for them
kioboy:

you mean commercial concentrate or self formulated?
please I want to know more about fermenting feeds with molasses, the method?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abootoyyib(m): 2:00pm On Apr 27, 2017
80 male and female turkeys(above one year) for sale at a resellable prices...call or whatsapp 08075506993
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kayo80(m): 4:43pm On Apr 27, 2017
Turks:
*Yes sir, CHI have begun selling their male line but not line but it's a momentary thing

*Hatchery to buy from? There are a number of hatcheries i can recommend which are guaranteed to give you good results. This is solely dependent on why their feed as well as their management which you earlier mentioned. As long as he feeding and management is good, they'll do just fine.

What's up...You didn't answer my question about the pros and cons of using female noilers for egg production. I plan to get 100 Noilers, sell off the male when they reach maturity and keep the females for egg production. What do you think?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kayo80(m): 4:55pm On Apr 27, 2017
jamp:

Sorry bro. I had same issue with the host community where my farm is. I have decided to do more broilers now since deep litter system does not smell like battery cage system.

Honestly speaking battery cage can smell and I pity those staying around there.

Please, why does battery cage smell more than deep litter? And please can you explain the two thoroughly, I am a novice going into this soon. Thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kayo80(m): 4:58pm On Apr 27, 2017
jfkenny:
I saw a fowl that looks like a local fowl but as big as broiler or even bigger, what could be the name.

It's a Noiler. I wish I had a camera phone to show you how big my last male Noiler grew to be after 6 months. And it looks like a local chicken, so people are always amazed at the size. By the way, Noilers are a hybrid of local chickens.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by almeida3: 5:27pm On Apr 27, 2017
Good Day Gurus!
Please I need your help!
I am a first time farmer. My birds started dropping @ 18 weeks and uptill now (22weeks+) they are still below 20%(about 19%). They are well fed, consuming 50kg a day on the average. Earlier on, I noticed a problem with the laying frequency. I observed that they lay once in 48hrs i.e those birds that started laying first. What could be the problem? They are on deep litter and recently when I changed to layer mash the litter is wet most of the time. I need advice pls
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kayo80(m): 6:34pm On Apr 27, 2017
almeida3:
Good Day Gurus!
Please I need your help!
I am a first time farmer. My birds started dropping @ 18 weeks and uptill now (22weeks+) they are still below 20%(about 19%). They are well fed, [b]consuming 50kg a day on the average. [/b]Earlier on, I noticed a problem with the laying frequency. I observed that they lay once in 48hrs i.e those birds that started laying first. What could be the problem? They are on deep litter and recently when I changed to layer mash the litter is wet most of the time. I need advice pls

You didn't mention how many birds you have.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by almeida3: 9:20pm On Apr 27, 2017
@kayo80 They are 470

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jfkenny(m): 10:08pm On Apr 27, 2017
kayo80:

What's up...You didn't answer my question about the pros and cons of using female noilers for egg production. I plan to get 100 Noilers, sell off the male when they reach maturity and keep the females for egg production. What do you think?

How much do u normally sell male Noilers..

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kayo80(m): 10:14pm On Apr 27, 2017
jfkenny:

How much do u normally sell male Noilers..

In Ibadan, market women were buying them for 900 Naira, but when I took them to Lagos, I sold most of them to market women for 1,400. Please note that they were not at full size when I sold them. They get to monstrous size at about 4-5 months, but I usually sell off at 2 and the half weeks or 3 months.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by topeakinw: 1:25am On Apr 28, 2017
am also interested, I don't mind if I can get eBook on it. my email is topeakinwale@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nacre1: 12:27pm On Apr 28, 2017
Good day Nairalanders, please I need help from experienced farmers in the house. I have 300 broilers. Firstly, they don't grow @ 1week +, they look like 1day old(see pix below) . I don't know what could be the problem. Secondly, 80% of the birds have black litter stucked to their vent (as seen in the pix) . You see them moving around healthy, b4 I come back, I will meet 2 or 3 dead.

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kayo80(m): 1:51pm On Apr 28, 2017
Nacre1:
Good day Nairalanders, please I need help from experienced farmers in the house. I have 300 broilers. Firstly, they don't grow @ 1week +, they look like 1day old(see pix below) . I don't know what could be the problem. Secondly, 80% of the birds have black litter stucked to their vent (as seen in the pix) . You see them moving around healthy, b4 I come back, I will meet 2 or 3 dead.

I had this particular problem with some cockerels I am raising. They were just 5, so I didn't want to waste money on treating it. One died, and the reaming three kept eating and growing, till one day, the thing was gone. I wonder what it is.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 28, 2017
Nacre1:
Its called pasty putt. It can be treated by cleaning with soft wet cloth. Don't pull the dried litter hence you risk removing the anus.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.