Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,810 members, 7,827,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (966682 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by remonics: 8:07pm On Jun 04, 2017
manya:
Please is there any one in the house that can help me with a solution to making my own feed in my poultry farm, in a small way? I have only 3000 layers. The availability and cost of feed is is diaturbibg my business.
I know i can source maize and GNC, but i dont know the other ingredients and how to cpompound them.
where do you stay? name of commercial feed you have been using? age of birds? percent of lay?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by remonics: 8:11pm On Jun 04, 2017
remonics:
where do you stay? name of commercial feed you have been using? age of birds? percent of lay?
do you have access to soya meal, bdg, wheat offals, maize offals?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by manya(m): 8:35pm On Jun 04, 2017
remonics:

Bauchi. Animal care, 27 weeks, 60%
I Can get wheat offal, maize offal, gnc, soya bean cake.
Some in Bauchi while others from Gombe and Kano.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by GidiPrince: 10:40am On Jun 05, 2017
Good morning house, please what's the cause of infectious coryza and it cure? Is there a vaccination for prevention?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by remonics: 6:13pm On Jun 05, 2017
manya:

Bauchi. Animal care, 27 weeks, 60%
I Can get wheat offal, maize offal, gnc, soya bean cake.
Some in Bauchi while others from Gombe and Kano.
good! but when did they start to lay? for such number of birds, you need to get a mixer. most commercial millers have reduced the quality of their feeds. compounding feed is the ultimate.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by remonics: 6:15pm On Jun 05, 2017
manya:

Bauchi. Animal care, 27 weeks, 60% I Can get wheat offal, maize offal, gnc, soya bean cake. Some in Bauchi while others from Gombe and Kano.
good!
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by alakara(m): 7:34pm On Jun 05, 2017
manya:

Bauchi. Animal care, 27 weeks, 60% I Can get wheat offal, maize offal, gnc, soya bean cake. Some in Bauchi while others from Gombe and Kano.
u also need fishmeal,bone meal,limestone etc. you need a hammer mill,mixer and weighing machine.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ezybest: 10:26am On Jun 06, 2017
I woke up this morning seeing my 3 pullets dead they were not looking sick and I missed giving them losata at 7 to 8wks and they r 10 wks nd some days now please advice me
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by endy247(f): 9:43am On Jun 07, 2017
Turks:
Sangrovit is all you need. Read up on Sangrovit. Your number one choice for salmonella treatment.
. Pls how do I get the sangrovit in Anambra and how effective is it against salmonella?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 10:33am On Jun 07, 2017
Please contact us on whatsapp on 08026360598 sir.
endy247:
. Pls how do I get the sangrovit in Anambra and how effective is it against salmonella?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Belchy22: 11:07pm On Jun 07, 2017
Pls how much will it cist to brood 500 broilers till maturity. I will need the feed breakdown for two weeks, drug cost for the first two weeks. I have a coop and have bought all the things needed except drugs and feeds.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Godspower124(m): 4:19pm On Jun 08, 2017
Good day nairalanders. I'm making a feasibility report on poultry farming with a capital of 700,000 naira. My capital is to cover land, building, feed, housing system, vaccines, and every other thing needed to rear layers(egg production). The location for the poultry farm is Ekosodin or any rural area close to it in Benin City, Edo State. This is a mini project on Entrepreneurship and any information will be highly appreciated.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Godspower124(m): 4:21pm On Jun 08, 2017
cc
Remonics
Eggcelent
Nbg4real
Tasho105
Babacele
Josephamstrong1
Dam4wummy
Goldenboy842
Fumbaby
Farmtech
Kay29000
rhymaholic
Farmafric
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Farmafric(m): 4:33pm On Jun 08, 2017
Great concept pray it grow in no time for you to start making profit
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 7:02pm On Jun 08, 2017
Presently, I Am Not Active In The Industry. Hence, Giving You Up To Date Information May Not Be Possible. Notwithstanding, You May Send Me A Message On WhatsApp. I Will Link You Up Appropriately, Please. Success

Godspower124:
cc
Remonics
Eggcelent
Nbg4real
Tasho105
Babacele
Josephamstrong1
Dam4wummy
Goldenboy842
Fumbaby
Farmtech
Kay29000
rhymaholic
Farmafric
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by swagficient(m): 6:58am On Jun 10, 2017
Pls, I need 6-8 weeks old broiler chicks in large quantity ( with constant supply).
Contact me on princelyava@gmail.com.
Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by remonics: 7:24am On Jun 10, 2017
Godspower124:
cc
Remonics
Eggcelent
Nbg4real
Tasho105
Babacele
Josephamstrong1
Dam4wummy
Goldenboy842
Fumbaby
Farmtech
Kay29000
rhymaholic
Farmafric
God bless your efforts. that capital is too meagre for all you listed. but it depends on the number of birds sha! if i were you, i will rent a pen. that money will cover 500 pullets till their first eggs. poultry is a serious business oooo.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nbg4real: 8:41am On Jun 10, 2017
As one of us ealier said is better to rent a pen that can accommodate 500 birds. That is the only way 700, 000 can take you now
Remonics
Eggcelent
Nbg4real
Tasho105
Babacele
Josephamstrong1
Dam4wummy
Goldenboy842
Fumbaby
Farmtech
Kay29000
rhymaholic
Farmafric[/quote]
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by legendsilver(m): 8:51am On Jun 10, 2017
Hello great poultry farmers,
My name is Silver and I sell high quality concentrates for broiler and layer birds at a very avoidable price. The total cost of milling a ton of feed with my concentrates is far lower than buying finished feeds most at times fails to meet farmers expectations.
We at Best Animal Feed (BAF) from Turkey renders after sales services to our customers all over the country raging from bird health, production results, fascination etc.
We have the following products:

1)Greenmix broiler 10% concentrates:
This concentrates contains high quality nutrients needed by broiler birds. It requires 4 bags of 25kg each to mill a ton of feed.

2)Greenmix layer 5% concentrates:
This concentrates contains high quality nutrients specifically for layer birds. It requires 2 bags of 25kg each to mill a ton of feed.

3)Greenmix layer 2.5% concentrates:
This concentrates very high quality nutrients also for layer birds. It requires a very good milling machine to mix the concentrates and other macro nutrients properly so as to attain the desired results. Its only need a bag of 25kg to mill a ton of feed.

Advantages:
1) using our concentrates guarantee you of knowing what you are feeding your birds with, since you are in control of all the process

2) it reduces the cost of feeding

3) The required output is attained within a stipulated period of observation
And finally,

4) you have free access to consult our farm doctors on any issues regarding your birds.

5) we give formulas for broiler birds starting from pre-starter, starter, grower and finisher stage.

6) Also formulas for layer birds starting with 0-3 wks, 4-8wks, 9-16wks, 17wks, 19-45wks, 45-65wks and after 65wks.

We also sell micro nutrients like
Mono calcium phosphate (MCP) and
Dicalcium phosphate (DCP) at affordable prices

Contact details:
08068579076 Mr Silver

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Josephamstrong1(m): 9:48am On Jun 10, 2017
Godspower124:
Good day nairalanders. I'm making a feasibility report on poultry farming with a capital of 700,000 naira. My capital is to cover land, building, feed, housing system, vaccines, and every other thing needed to rear layers(egg production). The location for the poultry farm is Ekosodin or any rural area close to it in Benin City, Edo State. This is a mini project on Entrepreneurship and any information will be highly appreciated.

So how many birds or pullets are we looking at here?
POL or DOC?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Babacele: 10:57am On Jun 10, 2017
Nbg4real:
As one of us ealier said is better to rent a pen that can accommodate 500 birds. That is the only way 700, 000 can take you now
Remonics
Eggcelent
Nbg4real
Tasho105
Babacele
Josephamstrong1
Dam4wummy
Goldenboy842
Fumbaby
Farmtech
Kay29000
rhymaholic
Farmafric
hmmmm...N700k for broilers or layers production? 500 birds? do you have a piece of land , backyard or property you can rent with water and preferably fenced? talk and let us do some feasibility.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by crossblane1(m): 4:12pm On Jun 11, 2017
fnk:
@brendan and the rest, I have emailed you guys the docs. @ brendan, take your time and go through this tread, from page 1 to 13, you will see post from people with a lot of experience, I am not an expert in this field, just have great love for it. When I ran my research in Lagos, I went through some not so conventional system just to prove that the V-mix works, i.e; I didn't clear the coop for 3 weeks, leave it to get wet and the water holders were pretty dirty, the water was messy looking which will be a breading room for Ecoli and other virus that can kill the birds. But because of the V-mix, virus or bacteria could not grow or even survive in those environment, It didn't matter how bad the water was or the coop, the birds was health and thrived.

There are books you can buy and they will give you more info on when to change the water, clean out the coop etc. And tell you the truth, a lot of this processes are common sense and your love for what you are doing.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks guys.

oga fnk good day sir
pls I will like to know if u have started the sales of your V-MIX to the public?
and can u pls send me the doc files to crossblane@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tasho105(m): 3:16pm On Jun 12, 2017
Hello guys,
Pls I need zartech and agrited doc.
Also give me your prices for foreign and local turkey doc thx
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 3:22pm On Jun 12, 2017
Contact Preemah Agro on whatsapp. 08026360598 for the best prices and the most quality of birds there is to offer. You'll be glad you did.
tasho105:
Hello guys,
Pls I need zartech and agrited doc.
Also give me your prices for foreign and local turkey doc thx
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by razyduf: 5:06pm On Jun 14, 2017
HELLO guys,

Please I have 700 pullets at 21weeks that are yet to lay, I gave them all the required vaccination and currently use Hybrid Feeds. Again the farm is at GRA Ilorin. It has eaten deep into my pocket and has fallen short of my expectation. I bought them at "DOC" from Agrited at Ibadan on January 5th 2017. I'm confused as to what to do right now. Please advice.

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by alakara(m): 9:19pm On Jun 14, 2017
razyduf:
HELLO guys,

Please I have 700 pullets at 21weeks that are yet to lay, I gave them all the required vaccination and currently use Hybrid Feeds. Again the farm is at GRA Ilorin. It has eaten deep into my pocket and has fallen short of my expectation. I bought them at "DOC" from Agrited at Ibadan on January 5th 2017. I'm confused as to what to do right now. Please advice.

WHAT IS THEIR AVG WEIGHT?
WHATS THEIR BREED?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 1:12am On Jun 15, 2017
Their weight?
razyduf:
HELLO guys,

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by baggiosne: 5:45am On Jun 15, 2017
Turks:
Their weight?
be patient,they ll soon lay,let say by early july,u ll see. Smtin
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by razyduf: 3:46pm On Jun 16, 2017
They are Lohman Brown's, I haven't really weighed them but I can say they average between 1.2kg-1.4kg
alakara:

WHAT IS THEIR AVG WEIGHT?
WHATS THEIR BREED?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by alakara(m): 11:29pm On Jun 16, 2017
razyduf:
They are Lohman Brown's, I haven't really weighed them but I can say they average between 1.2kg-1.4kg
Pls.weigh them because at is proportional to laying.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by haykays(m): 9:45am On Jun 17, 2017
Anywhere in the world ?

Can you sell 50k birds to Malta

Babacele:
POL @16 weeks for sale. We supply any where in the country. serious people only please. free consultancy services available too. thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Babacele: 11:56am On Jun 17, 2017
haykays:
Anywhere in the world ?

Can you sell 50k birds to Malta

I said in the country..... article ' the' being specific and I mean Nigeria.....but we can make arrangement to Malta if you mean business.

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.