Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (965158 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by amyzon: 10:32pm On Jul 03, 2017
Chikach:

3250 naira in owerri

Thanks,
Dearie
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by blesyntee: 2:05pm On Jul 04, 2017
alakara:

instead of using lantern,use charcoal pot.
for the antibiotics, dosage is at the body of the sachet.
Tnx so much I'm grateful....I'll post here how it goes wen I start, I hope hatchery doesn't disappoint again this friday
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by rmdayo: 1:44pm On Jul 05, 2017
ietobi:

the truth is that those antibiotics usually suppress the growth of broilers n birds in general and in any way they are used as either preventive or curative measures. this means they have both advantages and disadvantages but in my view the disadvantages outweighs the advantages. this is the main reason why approach like the organic method of raising birds came up aside other advantages not excluding the health benefit of the raised broilers to human consumption. If you want us to talk more you can drop us whatsapp no here or reach me via iekwonu@yahoo.com. I ll show you these things free of charge.

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Josephamstrong1(m): 1:52pm On Jul 05, 2017
blesyntee:
Why is no one responding to me cry cry Guys pls am awaiting your response

You're much ready... Use carton on the brooding floor not saw dust buh wood shavings not now till 2weeks.
Get 200watts or better still if you can afford an infrared bulb.
Buy Neoceryl. It's an antibiotic plus vitamins for brooding. Then buy emberceryl after brooding...another antibiotics and vit. Two table spoon for two drinkers. The small brooding drinkers.
You already know ya vaccination and drug program schedule.
Feed ad-lib ie, 24hrs wt four feeding troughs.
Good luck.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Josephamstrong1(m): 2:00pm On Jul 05, 2017
hadex90:
Hi Please Can U Teach Me Organic Poultry Farming, My Email Is Adeyemi.Opeyemi90@yahoo.Com

Lol...
Truth you can't practice organic farming in this part of the country.
Especially if you're a new bee.
Xcept you have empty plots for free range of local fowls or birds...lol.
If not you'll still resort to inorganic.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ietobi: 3:24pm On Jul 05, 2017
Josephamstrong1:

You're much ready... Use carton on the brooding floor not saw dust for now till 2weeks.
Buy Neoceryl. It's an antibiotic plus vitamins for brooding. Then buy emberceryl after brooding...another antibiotics and vit. Two table spoon for two drinkers. The small brooding drinkers.
Good luck.
This is not organic ooooooo
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 4:09pm On Jul 05, 2017
Josephamstrong1:

Lol...
Truth you can't practice organic farming in this part of the country.
Especially if you're a new bee.
Xcept you have empty plots for free range of local fowls or birds...lol.
If not you'll still resort to inorganic.

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Josephamstrong1(m): 6:14pm On Jul 05, 2017
ietobi:

Wasn't talking abt organic farming after all.
Just a tip of guideline to @blesyntee.
Btw...the DOC, are the parent stock organic bred?
You don't buy DOC from inorganic parent stock and then want to do magic with the progenies. Doesn't work that way.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Josephamstrong1(m): 6:29pm On Jul 05, 2017
[quote author=Turks post=58154243][/quote]

This meme got me. Lol grin
Check it naa.
Even the barred Plymouth rock breed and the RIR or the Cornish hens can free range and feed organically...yes, buh this won't be possible without inorganic practice too.
Na when one disease catch one you go begin run to vet stores for any available medication grin. Have you ever seen anyone in this part of the country requesting for organic meat or egg?
Just rare local fowls and not all these exotic breeds.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by blesyntee: 2:27pm On Jul 07, 2017
ietobi:

Josephamstrong1:

You're much ready... Use carton on the brooding floor not saw dust for now till 2weeks.
Good luck.

Thanks I'm jst receiving this now, I had a ntwrk issues. My birds arrived this morning and I already used saw dust on the floor but the challenge now is that they are eating the saw dust and they are also bringingit into their water, I have changed the water severally but they are still putting it. Will this affect them, shall I take them away and remove the saw dust Pls guys help me out. They are also pooing in their feed.

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kioboy(m): 2:45pm On Jul 07, 2017
blesyntee:

Thanks I'm jst receiving this now, I had a ntwrk issues. My birds arrived this morning and I already used saw dust on the floor but the challenge now is that they are eating the saw dust and they are also bringingit into their water, I have changed the water severally but they are still putting it. Will this affect them, shall I take them away and remove the saw dust Pls guys help me out. They are also pooing in their feed.

get old newspaper or carton and cover the entire sawdust for now. raise the drinkers too
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigthingz: 3:33pm On Jul 07, 2017
Good afternoon house . my laying birds had coccs and I treated them with maxicoccs the are better now but since then their production droped and still dropping from 75 to 64% . within 1week. The are about 2months in laying.the look healhty and the consume their food and water. Pls what should I do?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tasho105(m): 3:52pm On Jul 07, 2017
kioboy:

get old newspaper or carton and cover the entire sawdust for now. raise the drinkers too
Good idea.
You can also use wood shavings instead of the dust.
For now you can not control pooing in their feed with the tray unless you stop using the tray and introduce feeding cans.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by blesyntee: 4:59pm On Jul 07, 2017
Tnks guys I av done dat now....
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Josephamstrong1(m): 5:50pm On Jul 07, 2017
blesyntee:

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sungoddess(f): 8:53am On Jul 08, 2017
I represent a thriving poultry farm located in Epe, Lagos. We are currently looking for a suitable candidate for farm manager so if you have the qualifications and interest in filling the position, please apply.

Send your CV to freshharvestng@gmail.com

Please forward this info to anybody who you feel might be qualified and interested.

Thanks!
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sungoddess(f): 8:26am On Jul 09, 2017
freshharvestng@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by vmacford: 11:02am On Jul 09, 2017
i1:
@ basking. thanks for the word of advice and the price tip.
ps please can you give me a rough estimate of how much it will cost to brood 200 broilers to maturity. my freinds and i already have the land and building to be used, we just need to get our budget for production for xmas ready. we want to start by mid september.
your post was over 6yrs now. If u see this message kindly reply ....cos I will like to know how the 2000layers project went? Currently I'm having 200layers and on Thursday they too will be 1mnth old. Jst given them lasota n gomboro. 5weeks wld gve them fowlpox vaccine. Anytin else I'm missing?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by vmacford: 11:04am On Jul 09, 2017
Josephamstrong1:

Ping me on watsapp with this no. 07mistak 033167026
mistake u made was using saw dust from day 1.....at day one they don't knw feed frm SawDust. So d 1st 3days u shld have put newspaper on d floor covering d sawdust 1st. Then when u notice they are eating their feed well. U can remove d paper
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by vmacford: 11:07am On Jul 09, 2017
blesyntee:

...U don't use sawdust for day old. U use scrapings. A bigger type of sawdust. Plus u shld put news paper for d first 2days atleast...
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by vmacford: 11:15am On Jul 09, 2017
blesyntee:

you look at the pic what's d difference btw d feed and the sawdust you used? You are harming those birds o
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by vmacford: 11:45am On Jul 09, 2017
bigthingz:
Good afternoon house . my laying birds had coccs and I treated them with maxicoccs the are better now but since then their production droped and still dropping from 75 to 64% . within 1week. The are about 2months in laying.the look healhty and the consume their food and water. Pls what should I do?
....it's normal to have a drop in eggs when u treat any disease or infection on a laying bird. Jst keep giving them vitalyte n watch them....1week is still too early to complain. Remember when u treat wit such medication then d eggs are not to be eaten?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by orenteasa(f): 7:50am On Jul 10, 2017
please can I put 16 weeks old chickens in their laying cages?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sungoddess(f): 8:08am On Jul 11, 2017
sungoddess:
I represent a thriving poultry farm located in Epe, Lagos. We are currently looking for a suitable candidate for farm manager so if you have the qualifications and interest in filling the position, please apply.

Send your CV to freshharvestng@gmail.com

Please forward this info to anybody who you feel might be qualified and interested.

Thanks!
sungoddess:
freshharvestng@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Babacele: 3:05pm On Jul 11, 2017
orenteasa:
please can I put 16 weeks old chickens in their laying cages?
yes if you have been feeding them well. Best age to be in cage.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by amyzon: 4:02pm On Jul 11, 2017
Pls good people of Nigeria, is it possible to get fairly used Battery Cage, if yes I need contact
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by doctorgyna(m): 9:44pm On Jul 11, 2017
vmacford:
....it's normal to have a drop in eggs when u treat any disease or infection on a laying bird. Jst keep giving them vitalyte n watch them....1week is still too early to complain. Remember when u treat wit such medication then d eggs are not to be eaten?

To be eaten or not to be eaten?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by twoMcfemad: 11:48pm On Jul 11, 2017
amyzon:
Pls good people of Nigeria, is it possible to get fairly used Battery Cage, if yes I need contact

Yes, we have fairly used Galvanized cages for sale along Mowe Ofada road, Ogun State.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by orenteasa(f): 7:16am On Jul 12, 2017
yes if you have been feeding them well. Best age to be in cage. thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by orenteasa(f): 7:16am On Jul 12, 2017
yes if you have been feeding them well. Best age to be in cage. thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by vmacford: 2:44am On Jul 13, 2017
doctorgyna:

To be eaten or not to be eaten?
they are NOT gud for human consumption. Every medcine have withdrawal period. During dat time every egg dat comes are to be add to their feeds and given bak to d layers. U see d withdrawal period on d sachet of the medcine

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.