Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,599 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (964090 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by allimojeed: 11:30am On Sep 06, 2017
Munzy14:

You are a farmer bro. I agree more. 4.5kg @12weeks and sell 5k life during christmas.

Is that the price you sell to direct customers or the price you sell to marketers that sells by the road.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Munzy14(m): 12:11pm On Sep 06, 2017
allimojeed:

Is that the price you sell to direct customers or the price you sell to marketers that sells by the road.
direct customers are biggest consumers of such birds. market women will want to bargain for the cause of re-selling.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Chikach: 2:36pm On Sep 06, 2017
Munzy14:

direct customers are biggest consumers of such birds. market women will want to bargain for the cause of re-selling.

The price is normally 3k - 3.5k to market women

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by orenteasa(f): 6:37pm On Sep 06, 2017
is there any thing I can do to reduce the smell from my birds faeces.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Chikach: 7:27pm On Sep 06, 2017
orenteasa:

Yea you can just cover your nose.... And the smell will reduce

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by orenteasa(f): 9:44pm On Sep 06, 2017
Chikach:

Yea you can just cover your nose.... And the smell will reduce
Funny but not funny. I need serious answer please.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mecuzee(m): 7:09pm On Sep 08, 2017
12-14 weeks!

jeckin205:

how many weeks old are these your matured broiler
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mecuzee(m): 7:12pm On Sep 08, 2017
Nice. I doubt you'll be able to sell that kinda broiler for 5k though. I sell mostly to direct consumers! We process and do home delivery too!

allimojeed:

Is that the price you sell to direct customers or the price you sell to marketers that sells by the road. Have decided to feed my 250 broilers 8kg per bird.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mecuzee(m): 7:15pm On Sep 08, 2017
True very unlikely under 12 weeks! I got my last set 13th of September 2016 which is about 14 weeks to Xmas. I got above 6kg! I weigh my birds all the time! wink

EMMAACHILE:

Under 12 weeks? it's impossible without greenhouse or controlled room condition.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by chinwejosy(f): 11:49pm On Sep 08, 2017
Am just confuse. Just started. But feeling that my broiler are not getting bigger and this is its 3weeks. Can some one help me with a wonderful boaster

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jfkenny(m): 12:09am On Sep 09, 2017
Urs are even bigger than mine at 5weeks plus 1day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Chikach: 6:00am On Sep 09, 2017
chinwejosy:
Am just confuse. Just started. But feeling that my broiler are not getting bigger and this is its 3weeks. Can some one help me with a wonderful boaster

Most of them are female and you and not feeding them enough with that tray feeder.... Use round feeders the need to be fed constantly, The are briolers not local chickens
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mecuzee(m): 4:47am On Sep 10, 2017
Wrong and inadequate Feeder for that age. Can't see any drinker. Your litter is caked. You're probably under-feeding them too!

chinwejosy:
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mecuzee(m): 4:53am On Sep 10, 2017
Yes. Several ways actually. Via nutrition you can add certain feed grade additives that'll both strengthen their gut health so their droppings are less wet. You can also reduce smell by proper litter management which maybe difficult if your pen is not well designed!
You can follow us on instagram or like our facebook page to get regular updates on best management practices that'll help your birds perform optimally!

orenteasa:

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Chikach: 3:10pm On Sep 20, 2017
How much is a full dressed brioler sold per kg in your Area?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Tony818(m): 12:16pm On Sep 21, 2017
poultryhttp://informationhive.com.ng/poultry-farming-in-nigeria/farming is good business well done brother and more grace
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by orenteasa(f): 3:09pm On Sep 29, 2017
my layers completed 6 months this week, and they started laying this week too, but it is only two birds that have been laying since Tuesday, is it supposed to be so? when will all of them start laying?
please I need answers o.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Bbdealer(m): 4:40pm On Sep 29, 2017
Don't stress urself just make sure u continue to feed them regularly with grower till u get 10% of egg production then u can change to layer mesh. Not all the birds start laying at once. Like mine is up to month and not all of them hav started laying. Finall make sure u hive them enough water cuz it helps them during the laying process
orenteasa:
my layers completed 6 months this week, and they started laying this week too, but it is only two birds that have been laying since Tuesday, is it supposed to be so? when will all of them start laying?
please I need answers o.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by orenteasa(f): 5:45pm On Sep 29, 2017
Bbdealer:
Don't stress urself just make sure u continue to feed them regularly with grower till u get 10% of egg production then u can change to layer mesh. Not all the birds start laying at once. Like mine is up to month and not all of them hav started laying. Finall make sure u hive them enough water cuz it helps them during the laying process

thanks, my bad, had already started giving them layers mash since last week, should I revert back to grower mash?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Bbdealer(m): 7:13am On Sep 30, 2017
1st off how many birds do you have. Calculate 10% of the total birds. If you have 20birds then 10% is 2eggs so you can continue giving them layers mash. Also add egg supplements when they have been laying for about 3weeks to enhance production
orenteasa:

thanks, my bad, had already started giving them layers mash since last week, should I revert back to grower mash?

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by orenteasa(f): 2:50pm On Oct 01, 2017
Bbdealer:
1st off how many birds do you have. Calculate 10% of the total birds. If you have 20birds then 10% is 2eggs so you can continue giving them layers mash. Also add egg supplements when they have been laying for about 3weeks to enhance production

thank you sir, please this is my first time of raising birds, so please can you tell me more about these egg supplements, give me names if possible.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Bbdealer(m): 7:06pm On Oct 01, 2017
http://nvservices.net/Eggs%20Boosters/Eggs%20Boosters.aspx
orenteasa:

thank you sir, please this is my first time of raising birds, so please can you tell me more about these egg supplements, give me names if possible.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by allimojeed: 3:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
Alli Mojeed:
Good day house, i have 250 birds, 12 days today, i have two very different feeding formula, (1) for a tonne, maize 540kg, soya fortune 415kg, bone 23kg, limestone 10kg, salt 3kg, methionine 2.5kg, broiler starter primix 5kg, toxin binder 1.5kg, organic acid 4kg. (2) for a tonne, maize 530kg, soya bean meal 265kg, full fat soya 150kg, limestone 5kg, top feed broiler concentrate 50kg.
I have already use the first formula to make my feed for the first three weeks, i'll be going to do my feed for the fourth week next week and i intend to use the second formula, pls house which feed formula is better?. Thank you
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by orenteasa(f): 7:25am On Oct 03, 2017
Bbdealer:
http://nvservices.net/Eggs%20Boosters/Eggs%20Boosters.aspx

thank you sir
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mikkycyruz(m): 8:27am On Oct 03, 2017
Rabbit farming scope and it’s national importance:

Rabbit farming is another livestock activity with great scope as it is relatively easy, rewarding and takes little space compared to other livestock activities. Rabbit farming can also provide a very valuable additional source of income in the hilly areas where opportunities of employment are very limited. Another important consideration is food production cycle, which shows that rabbit need not be in competition with man for it’s food.

Main Advantages of Rabbit farming:

1. Rabbits are highly prolific and a good female can produce 25 to 30 kits (young ones) per year.

2. Rabbits can be reared in small groups (up to 50 nos.) in the kitchen garden / backyard of farmer’s house with kitchen waste as feed. Family labour is adequate to take care of labour requirements of the unit. Initial investment cost is low.Quick returns i.e. within six months after the establishment of farm.

3. Rabbit meat is rich in poly-unsaturated fatty acids and is categorized as white meat.

4. Rabbits are the best producers of wool on per kg body weight basis. They require 30 % less digestible energy to produce one kg of wool as compared to sheep.

5. Income generation at quarterly interval makes the repayment easy.Apart from providing wool, rabbits also provide income from sale of kits, meat, pelt and manure.Residual feed, together with rabbit manure is highly suitable for vermi compost which in turn provides excellent manure for fertilizing the
agriculture fields.

6. Rabbit wool is 6 – 8 times warmer than the contemporary sheep wool. It can be mixed with silk, polyester, rayon, nylon, sheep wool and other fibres to make good quality hand looms as well as hand knitted apparels.

7. Rabbits consume a large amount of forage from diverse origins and hence, can be reared on roughage with very less quantity of costly concentrate feed.

GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT

A 2WEEK INTENSIVE ONLINE RABBIT FARMING TRAINING.

Date: 9 October 2017

Fee: N1,000

Payment Method : Bank

Duration: 2 weeks

Mode: Online (WhatsApp)

Registration deadline: 7, October 2017.

Interested participants should WhatsApp 07016790673

NOTE: No extension of payment deadline.

Free Ebook for the first 10 participants

Happy Independence day

Menorah Farms and consults
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Ogagawhite(f): 9:33am On Oct 05, 2017
This is a feed ebook by STONED FEED PRODUCT. It cover's 27 100% useful page. This ebook is about feed formulation "how to make a Worldwide feed on catfish, broilers, pig, rabbit, pullets,layers,snail easily. As we all knows that feed formulation is one of the widely use feed secret, to get a good return and smiling to the bank and People love farm biz but considering the cost and prizes of feed ND drug make them wanna think back,well, using feed formulation is the best but Freshers always face problems regarding setting up a good formulation (crude protein and inclusion rate) . So this EBook for all those beginners who don't know the concept of setting up good formulation

In this eBook we have the cover the basic question regarding creating a worldwide feed formulation . All the must have protein sources (plant animal and marine) and many other energy source things like setting up some photogenic natural feed additives locally on your farm and much more . You people will love it .

So if you are a fresher and ready to create a feed formulation using my formula then this eBook is just what you require. The write-up of this eBook is very simple and easy to understand. You will love to share this eBook to your friends and other coworkers free or pay
for your information I suffer well well before God bless me with this idea I buy so many eBook because I wanted to grow my farm to more profit but trust 9ja Dem chop my money wella

Call or Whatsapp 08020605880 and change your farm life

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by juyi44(m): 4:46pm On Oct 13, 2017
If you need very good point of lay birds, that will give you optimum production, just try us and see for yourself, call 08091893042 and book now!

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Rzq4: 6:05pm On Oct 13, 2017
orenteasa:

thank you sir

be very careful when using booster. naturally ur birds shouldn't need a booster to lay at that age when fed good quality feed. boosters are administered after therapy or as antistress...or to assist an old flock with slight improvement in production. don't load ur birds with drugs...it could be harmful to them....from an experienced livestock farmer

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by orenteasa(f): 11:54pm On Oct 19, 2017
Rzq4:

be very careful when using booster. naturally ur birds shouldn't need a booster to lay at that age when fed good quality feed. boosters are administered after therapy or as antistress...or to assist an old flock with slight improvement in production. don't load ur birds with drugs...it could be harmful to them....from an experienced livestock farmer

OK, thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Babacele: 7:22am On Oct 20, 2017
orenteasa:

Funny but not funny. I need serious answer please.
Orente use lavarcide by mixing to your feeds before giving to the birds, and a guy talked about' OBD 'in his post above. Just walk to any Animal Care shop and ask. Hope they are buying the droppings now. Been a bit busy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.