Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,598 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (964089 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ajayidam: 12:05pm On Oct 25, 2017
What causes paralysis in chicken
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by baggiosne: 1:23pm On Oct 25, 2017
ajayidam:
Pls any solution to the swollen face in chicken, broiler precisely with fow pox sign on their heads, pls urgent answer is needed
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by peterbello(m): 6:02pm On Oct 27, 2017
baggiosne:
Pls any solution to the swollen face in chicken, broiler precisely with fow pox sign on their heads, pls urgent answer is needed

Swollen face is Coryza. Treat with a strong antibiotic like Enrofloxacin or Tylosin for 5 days. For the pox, you use Pox Proline.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by peterbello(m): 6:13pm On Oct 27, 2017
ajayidam:

NDV.
Newcastle Disease Virus.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by peterbello(m): 7:17pm On Oct 27, 2017
GidiPrince:
Hello experienced farmers in the house, please I need a sample of a template for accurate record keeping in a farm for egg production.
Thanks in anticipation

Have you gotten any?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by GidiPrince: 10:34pm On Oct 27, 2017
peterbello:

Have you gotten any?
No
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Smartademu(m): 6:50am On Oct 28, 2017
Hello everyone. Please what is the current price of methionine and lysine and in what quantity do they come?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Are84(m): 7:09am On Oct 28, 2017
Good morning, what organic drugs can I use to treat coccidiosis.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obstead200(m): 7:15am On Oct 28, 2017
chinwejosy:
Am just confuse. Just started. But feeling that my broiler are not getting bigger and this is its 3weeks. Can some one help me with a wonderful boaster
ur birds are OK at 3 weeks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by peterbello(m): 8:36am On Oct 28, 2017
GidiPrince:

No

If you are comfortable with a spreadsheet format, then respond to my email request.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigthingz: 11:45am On Oct 28, 2017
Good morning fellow farmers. Pls I need your candid advice. Am trying to reduce cost of feeding so I want to try compounding rather than the finish feed am using, now that the price of maize has gone down.mixing the ingredient (compounding locally) and using concentrate? What is the difference? and which is better? And also what could be the effect on the birds switching from company feeds to locally compounded one. Pls advice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 28, 2017
bigthingz:
Good morning fellow farmers. Pls I need your candid advice. Am trying to reduce cost of feeding so I want to try compounding rather than the finish feed am using, now that the price of maize has gone down.mixing the ingredient (compounding locally) and using concentrate? What is the difference? and which is better? And also what could be the effect on the birds switching from company feeds to locally compounded one. Pls advice.
Use a foreign concentrate like koudjis and combine with maize, soyabeans cake and groundnut cake
Use this formula after two weeks
50kg - 325 kg maize - 75kg soyabean cake - 50 kg groundnut cake
This will be richer than even most local Nigerian super starter and cost here is about 3,200-3,300 per bag

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 12:06pm On Oct 28, 2017
Kouidijis have their own mixing ratio. They provide details once you purchase from them.
EMMAACHILE:

Use a foreign concentrate like koudjis and combine with maize, soyabeans cake and groundnut cake
This will be richer than even most local Nigerian super starter and cost here is about 3,200-3,300 per bag
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 12:07pm On Oct 28, 2017
Koodijis remains your best bet. Though expensive,but it’s worth it in the end. Imagine having 2kg in 5-6weeks.
bigthingz:
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 28, 2017
Turks:
Kouidijis have their own mixing ratio. They provide details once you purchase from them.
Yes. This is from the growth period between 17-37 days.
I only substituted groundnut cake for a full soyabean cake.
50kg for 125kg soyabean cake but went with a 3:2 formula for 75 kg soyabean cake: 50kg groundnut cake formula
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigthingz: 2:09pm On Oct 28, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

..realy appreciate . but am taking of laying birds not broilers. Pls advice
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigthingz: 2:14pm On Oct 28, 2017
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 28, 2017
bigthingz:
..realy appreciate . but am taking of laying birds not broilers. Pls advice
I don't have the formula for layers but it will be given to you where ever you buy it.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by GidiPrince: 3:52pm On Oct 28, 2017
peterbello:

If you are comfortable with a spreadsheet format, then respond to my email request.

I replied already.Thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigthingz: 7:35pm On Oct 28, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

I don't have the formula for layers but it will be given to you where ever you buy it.
thanks.but the question is , will switching to using concentrate to compound my feeds as against the finished feeds affects their production?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 28, 2017
bigthingz:
thanks.but the question is , will switching to using concentrate to compound my feeds as against the finished feeds affects their production?
I don't know
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 12:24am On Oct 29, 2017
Yes. Switching feed, administration of antibiotics, change of environment and a number of other factors affect laying birds. One has to be careful and also follow the procedures.
bigthingz:
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Dimejimichael(m): 12:42pm On Oct 29, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Bro I also want to formulate my own feed for my cockerel. I want dem to gain more weight..
Can u pls explain beta.
What is koudjis ?
We can chat beta on 08173059734
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 29, 2017
Dimejimichael:

Bro I also want to formulate my own feed for my cockerel. I want dem to gain more weight..
Can u pls explain beta.
What is koudjis ?
We can chat beta on 08173059734
For cockerel, you may use more maize than soybeans, since cockerel are more of grower.
If you know about fodder, it will be good you introduce it to your cockerels to supplement or even replace 80% commercial feed.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Warrior07(m): 5:47pm On Oct 29, 2017
Good evening house, We are having space problem on our farm but we have battery cages unused, can we use those cages to raise broilers?

2) someone should please take me through feed fermentation process and how long a fermented feed can last.
thanks Turks, Organicfoods, et al., your attention needed here. thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 6:26pm On Oct 29, 2017
Are84:
Good morning, what organic drugs can I use to treat coccidiosis.
Better buy drug oo. Use herbs mainly for prevention.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 7:06pm On Oct 29, 2017
bigthingz:
It depends on how u go about it. It won't affect production if u change slowly over a period of 2 weeks. Start by mixing old and new feed in a ratio of say, 90:10. Then gradually increase the qty of new feed until it reaches 100% by day 14. I dont need to tell u that what will happen if the new feed is low quality. Rather than test it on the whole birds, divide them into 4 groups or so and test it on one group.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Dimejimichael(m): 8:34pm On Oct 29, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

For cockerel, you may use more maize than soybeans, since cockerel are more of grower.
If you know about fodder, it will be good you introduce it to your cockerels to supplement or even replace 80% commercial feed.
Tell me about Fodder.. Am a novice
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 29, 2017
Dimejimichael:

Tell me about Fodder.. Am a novice
Just google "sprouted seeds"
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by orenteasa(f): 1:23pm On Nov 01, 2017
Babacele:
Orente use lavarcide by mixing to your feeds before giving to the birds, and a guy talked about' OBD 'in his post above. Just walk to any Animal Care shop and ask. Hope they are buying the droppings now. Been a bit busy.

Glad to hear from you again, first thanks for the recommendation, I am still piling the droppings o, so sorry i couldn't reply your email, that is cos i couldn't access it, please are you on whatsapp?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Chikach: 5:29pm On Nov 01, 2017
orenteasa:

Glad to hear from you again, first thanks for the recommendation, I am still piling the droppings o, so sorry i couldn't reply your email, that is cos i couldn't access it, please are you on whatsapp?

How far the droppings, have u found a solution to it?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 6:14pm On Nov 01, 2017
If you’re in Abuja, I know someone in dire need of droppings
orenteasa:

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.