Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (966034 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by LaBibiano: 11:47am On Jan 28, 2015
fnk:

Soooo, true guys, there are bunch of things that can make your birds die, it is about reducing the rate, I just lost over 20 from my day old few days ago from heat stress, my concussion couldn't save them, So start small and try everything you can think of, and you will come up with something.

Oga Fnk, thank you so very much, I got the document..........The info contained therein is helpful........God bless you. Amen
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AkayTopsy: 11:52am On Jan 28, 2015
AkayTopsy:
Compliment of the weekend to everybody. My pullet will start laying any time from now (18wks on tue), so i need your advice on the following bearing in mind they are going on deep liter:

1. How soon do i introduce the nest;
2. Is there any significant difference between open top and close top nests;
3. Pls post a pix of the nest that works for u.

Thanks always.

I'm really suprised no one has responded to this post. Does that mean i'm the only one who has his laying birds on deep litters on this thread; come on guys pls share your knowledge on my request pls.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 11:55am On Jan 28, 2015
LaBibiano:

Oga Fnk, thank you so very much, I got the document..........The info contained therein is helpful........God bless you. Amen

Any time, Good luck
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by twoMcfemad: 3:08pm On Jan 28, 2015
AkayTopsy:

I'm really suprised no one has responded to this post. Does that mean i'm the only one who has his laying birds on deep litters on this thread; come on guys pls share your knowledge on my request pls.

You can introduce the nests now and open nests are better. Ensure you pick the eggs regularly to avoid dirts and pecking.
Thks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by dozieihems: 6:06pm On Jan 28, 2015
pls exprience farmers which roofing material is the best for chicken pen house?material that can absorb heat especially in dis hot season,pls is it adviceable to put celling board when you are roofing your pen due to hot season great exprience farmers your contribution and advice we help thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bluebabyboy1: 8:18pm On Jan 28, 2015
LaBibiano:

Please Fnk, could you also send a copy to my email? My mail is: hugbluebaby@yahoo.com Thanks and God bless you!
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obnelly: 9:08am On Jan 29, 2015
dozieihems:
pls exprience farmers which roofing material is the best for chicken pen house?material that can absorb heat especially in dis hot season,pls is it adviceable to put celling board when you are roofing your pen due to hot season great exprience farmers your contribution and advice we help thanks

Don't use materials that can absorb heat use materials that can dissipate heat or a poor conductor of heat.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by endy247(f): 9:56am On Jan 29, 2015
fnk:

Any time, Good luck
oga fnk, pls i need the materials too, my email is endymore2003@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Perpetual459: 9:59am On Jan 29, 2015
MY 2 DEAD LAYERS WERE BRINGING OUT GREEN POO B4 THEY DIED,HOW DO I TREAT OTHERS FROM BEING INFECTED THOUGH I HAD USED IZAL TO DISINFECTANT D SURROUNDING AND I MIXED THEIR WATER WIT MULTIVITAMINS DIS MORNING.PLS HELP
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by dozieihems: 11:57am On Jan 29, 2015
pls house which roofing material is d best for roofing ur pen so dat sun or heat will not affect the birds pls i really need advice frm d house because i wnt to purchase roofing material
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 12:13pm On Jan 29, 2015
Perpetual459. I suspect your flock has contracted Newcastle Disease. However, before jumping into conclusions, can you tell us more about other symptoms being shown; laying performance, size of eggs, colour of eggs, appetite, etc?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Perpetual459: 1:49pm On Jan 29, 2015
Eggcelent:
Perpetual459. I suspect your flock has contracted Newcastle Disease. However, before jumping into conclusions, can you tell us more about other symptoms being shown; laying performance, size of eggs, colour of eggs, appetite, etc?
though d 2 that died stopped laying 2 days ago,they were nt active cum low appetite
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 2:18pm On Jan 29, 2015
Ok. It should be Newcastle Disease then. Place them on some mild antibiotics. Leave a gap of 3 - 5 days after the dosage is completed. Then, give them Lasota. Success.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Perpetual459: 2:37pm On Jan 29, 2015
thanks,but which of the mild antibiotics shld i give to dem?
Eggcelent:
Ok. It should be Newcastle Disease then. Place them on some mild antibiotics. Leave a gap of 3 - 5 days after the dosage is completed. Then, give them Lasota. Success.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by EZEUDENE(m): 3:56pm On Jan 29, 2015
Plz am abt starting my own poultry with 200layers nd pigs someone should be help me
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 5:28pm On Jan 29, 2015
Perpetual459. Anyone really. Neo Dox. Conflox. Neoceryl. ETC. Success
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AkayTopsy: 5:59pm On Jan 29, 2015
twoMcfemad:

You can introduce the nests now and open nests are better. Ensure you pick the eggs regularly to avoid dirts and pecking.
Thks.

Tnx bro.
@fnk I got ur mail as well. Appreciation!
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omejeo: 8:31pm On Jan 29, 2015
fnk:

Any time, Good luck
pls oga fnk pls send me the document thanks poampearl@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Globaby01: 9:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
fnk:

thank you so much for the document, may God bless you and your family, may you receive help whenever you need it in Jesus name. although this medicine that we are talking about, is it in the market?

Any time, Good luck
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Globaby01: 9:43pm On Jan 29, 2015
fnk:
I will try and get to it tomorrow
am sorry o, i also sent you a mail
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Perpetual459: 9:35am On Jan 30, 2015
thank u so much
Eggcelent:
Perpetual459. Anyone really. Neo Dox. Conflox. Neoceryl. ETC. Success
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 10:30am On Jan 30, 2015
Globaby01:

am sorry o, i also sent you a mail

Pele ooo, I thought I responded to you
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Globaby01: 12:47pm On Jan 30, 2015
fnk:

Pele ooo, I thought I responded to you
no, I have not received your response. its a question that I asked
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omejeo: 1:37pm On Jan 30, 2015
thanks boss fnk received the document GOD BLESS YOU
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 12:02am On Jan 31, 2015
Globaby01:

no, I have not received your response. its a question that I asked

Abeg, which question be that ooo,mplease resend.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by endy247(f): 8:43pm On Jan 31, 2015
endy247:
oga fnk, pls i need the materials too, my email is endymore2003@yahoo.com. Thanks
thanks fnk, i got ur mail.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by endy247(f): 8:52pm On Jan 31, 2015
Fellow farmers, pls which drug do i use to treat my 7weeks old pullets of watery/whitish poo, though not all of them just a few of them, and pls when is d best time to debeak and deworm them.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Homonide: 8:34am On Feb 01, 2015
laposta:
There are no hard and fast rules. See my comments below

Hello Laposta and everyone. I need some clarification on No 3; the optimal spacing between two pens. Was the poster referring to the spacing between the side walls of two pens or the spacing between the end walls? I am inclined to say it is the former.

Generally speaking, the spacing between two pens should be at least twice the width of the first pen so as to allow good, fresh, and cross ventilation. Of course, the width of open sided houses should not be more than 30ft; 25ft width with two cage rows is in order.

I hope this helps someone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by oluplanet(m): 10:27am On Feb 01, 2015
Oga fnk, pls i will need that your material to help my broilers . my contact is planettech09@gmail.com .thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 01, 2015
endy247:
Fellow farmers, pls which drug do i use to treat my 7weeks old pullets of watery/whitish poo, though not all of them just a few of them, and pls when is d best time to debeak and deworm them.

Watery/whitish poo is a sign of coccidiasis. Very dangerous a disease it is. Treat for coccidiasis as soon as possible.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Globaby01: 9:28pm On Feb 01, 2015
fnk:

Abeg, which question be that ooo,mplease resend.
my birds arrives tomorrow from obasanjo farm, what can I give to them apart from stress drug, what else please? I need urgent reply
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 10:01pm On Feb 01, 2015
Globaby01:
my birds arrives tomorrow from obasanjo farm, what can I give to them apart from stress drug, what else please? I need urgent reply

just give them glucose and multivitamine.hope u ve a vet doc around. success

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.