Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,895 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

A Scammer Is Begging Me To Take Down My Post About Him. - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Scammer Is Begging Me To Take Down My Post About Him. (4933 Views)

A Nigerian Internet Scammer Is Becoming An Action-movie Villain / This Scammer Is Obviously Intelligent By Half. / Father Gor Joseph's Facebook Post About Fulani Herdsmen In January Before Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Scammer Is Begging Me To Take Down My Post About Him. by MilesLamar(m): 3:43pm On Feb 12, 2021
Chinedu1994:

Forget that crap.
Whatever it is that I could've invested in isn't a problem.
Keep my side of the deal?
Really?
It took him 2 abi 3 years to keep his.
What's wrong if I do the same?
Are you a hypocrite?

You are out here replying to every body instead of doing the right thing.. because he was a scumbag no mean say you go follow him ways. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: A Scammer Is Begging Me To Take Down My Post About Him. by Chinedu1994(m): 3:45pm On Feb 12, 2021
MilesLamar:

You are out here replying to every body instead of doing the right thing.. because he was a scumbag no mean say you go follow him ways. A word is enough for the wise.
The right thing?
To delete the post?
What difference would that make?
Re: A Scammer Is Begging Me To Take Down My Post About Him. by 9japride(m): 3:50pm On Feb 12, 2021
@ OP it's unfortunate he scammed you. But if you wanted to make revenge it could have been better you didn't take the money. But since he has paid you and I believe you accepted the terms of taking down post of nairaland, then it will be morally wrong for you to go ahead and not taking down the post. After all, we all cry to God for forgiveness. Its not everyone that is advising you to take down the post that is a scammer. Since you already took the money and not doing his request, then you guys are already in equal terms. Its better not to collect the money and make him pay for he's actions than collecting the money. Just a friendly advice.

4 Likes

Re: A Scammer Is Begging Me To Take Down My Post About Him. by Abdulsobur02: 8:28pm On Feb 12, 2021
Op why haven't you upheld your part of the deal and taken the post down

3 Likes

Re: A Scammer Is Begging Me To Take Down My Post About Him. by wirinet(m): 8:29pm On Feb 12, 2021
9japride:
@ OP it's unfortunate he scammed you. But if you wanted to make revenge it could have been better you didn't take the money. But since he has paid you and I believe you accepted the terms of taking down post of nairaland, then it will be morally wrong for you to go ahead and not taking down the post. After all, we all cry to God for forgiveness. Its not everyone that is advising you to take down the post that is a scammer. Since you already took the money and not doing his request, then you guys are already in equal terms. Its better not to collect the money and make him pay for he's actions than collecting the money. Just a friendly advice.

That's why I say Nigeria's brand of Christianity is a strange brand. It's all about tithes, offerings and prosperity. It avoids the core principles of the teachings of Christ which is love of God and neighbour and forgiveness of transgressions. I am sure they don't know the part of the lord's prayer which states " and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us".
I am so surprised Nigerians so called Christian wants revenge for someone who sinned and then asked for forgiveness and made an agreed restitution. If he was not ready to forgive, he should have told him off and refused the 10k restitution/ refund.

3 Likes

Re: A Scammer Is Begging Me To Take Down My Post About Him. by Toma2: 9:11pm On Feb 12, 2021
Chinedu1994:
Few years ago I made a post here about how I was scammed. https://www.nairaland.com/5173526/scammer-name-okonkwo-michael-chinazaekpere

Well, he has been begging me to take the post down, but he lied about how he scammed me, he claimed I was matched to him in a ponzi scheme.
He has paid me back, thanks to Nairaland.

But he hasn't paid me for the pains I went through.

Don't take it down.
Let him pay for his scam.
Let him triple the money if he really wants the post to be taken down... He should balance 30k.
Re: A Scammer Is Begging Me To Take Down My Post About Him. by Ayoleeboy007: 9:14pm On Feb 12, 2021
Don't take down the post, I think he wants to start another scam and want his account to be cleared. Who knows you maybe saving someone of his life savings by leaving it. All the people supporting the scammer I hope you get scam and know the feeling.
Chinedu1994:

Forget that crap.
Whatever it is that I could've invested in isn't a problem.
Keep my side of the deal?
Really?
It took him 2 abi 3 years to keep his.
What's wrong if I do the same?
Are you a hypocrite?

1 Like

Re: A Scammer Is Begging Me To Take Down My Post About Him. by Chinedu1994(m): 9:39pm On Feb 12, 2021
Ayoleeboy007:
Don't take down the post, I think he wants to start another scam and want his account to be cleared. Who knows you maybe saving someone of his life savings by leaving it. All the people supporting the scammer I hope you get scam and know the feeling.

Thanks, I won't take down the post.
Scammers don't change.
Re: A Scammer Is Begging Me To Take Down My Post About Him. by Chinedu1994(m): 9:39pm On Feb 12, 2021
Toma2:

Don't take it down.
Let him pay for his scam.
Let him triple the money if he really wants the post to be taken down... He should balance 30k.
Exactly!
Re: A Scammer Is Begging Me To Take Down My Post About Him. by 9japride(m): 11:01pm On Feb 12, 2021
wirinet:

That's why I say Nigeria's brand of Christianity is a strange brand. It's all about tithes, offerings and prosperity. It avoids the core principles of the teachings of Christ which is love of God and neighbour and forgives of transgressions. I am sure they don't know the part of the lord's prayer which states " and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us".
I am so surprised Nigerians so called Christian wants revenge for someone who sinned and then asked for forgiveness and made an agreed restitution. If he was not ready to forgive, he should have told him off and refused the 10k restitution/ refund.
[color=#006600][/color]

Very true, the kind of Christianity we practice in Nigeria is very strange. Next sunday one will go to church to ask for God's favour or forgiveness. If you want to get back at the person then don't collect the money. Nigerian environment is very rough. I hope the Op forgives him and move on. The Op can always succeed in life as long as there is life.
Re: A Scammer Is Begging Me To Take Down My Post About Him. by Nobody: 11:58pm On Feb 12, 2021
Chinedu1994:
Few years ago I made a post here about how I was scammed. https://www.nairaland.com/5173526/scammer-name-okonkwo-michael-chinazaekpere

Well, he has been begging me to take the post down, but he lied about how he scammed me, he claimed I was matched to him in a ponzi scheme.
He has paid me back, thanks to Nairaland.

But he hasn't paid me for the pains I went through.

Mynd44 Puskin tabbaz

This post and the the one he shared the link should be taken down....ponzi scheme kill you there Op
Re: A Scammer Is Begging Me To Take Down My Post About Him. by Chinedu1994(m): 7:41am On Feb 13, 2021
1000trillion:
Mynd44 Puskin tabbaz

This post and the the one he shared the link should be taken down....ponzi scheme kill you there Op
Thunder mixed with Sulphur and brimstone fire you and your plans this year...
Hediot...scammer.
You had better take care of you ailing parents in the village.

1 Like

Re: A Scammer Is Begging Me To Take Down My Post About Him. by Chinedu1994(m): 7:42am On Feb 13, 2021
1000trillion:
Mynd44 Puskin tabbaz

grin grin grin
Will they go to Facebook and take it down?

1 Like

Re: A Scammer Is Begging Me To Take Down My Post About Him. by uboma(m): 12:09pm On Feb 13, 2021
Chinedu1994:

grin grin grin
Will they go to Facebook and take it down?

I was inspired by your thread to create a thread about Yusuf Adeiza Kabiru who defrauded me.

https://www.nairaland.com/6412026/yusuf-adeiza-kabiru-serial-scam

Fraudsters are evil and deserve no mercy.
Re: A Scammer Is Begging Me To Take Down My Post About Him. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 13, 2021
Chinedu1994:

Thunder mixed with Sulphur and brimstone fire you and your plans this year...
Hediot...scammer.
You had better take care of you ailing parents in the village.
Bastard son of a prostitute mother
Re: A Scammer Is Begging Me To Take Down My Post About Him. by Sailorsoldier1: 4:16pm On Feb 13, 2021
...he has realized his mistakes n paid u...so why bring d story here again....na u b angel....nonsense human! Abeg clear road
Re: A Scammer Is Begging Me To Take Down My Post About Him. by wirinet(m): 4:51pm On Feb 13, 2021
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Very true, the kind of Christianity we practice in Nigeria is very strange. Next sunday one will go to church to ask for God's favour or forgiveness. If you want to get back at the person then don't collect the money. Nigerian environment is very rough. I hope the Op forgives him and move on. The Op can always succeed in life as long as there is life.

The so called scammer is not even a scammer, he is more of a ponzi scheme initiator. He just decided to start a ponzi scheme and was only able to attract very few customers. All ponzi schemes start with one person (the top of the triangle), and other triangles build from there. See illustration below.

There are lots of ponzi schemes in Nigeria. Some purport to sell some health supplements at exorbitant prices like GNLD, others purport to sell some sort of service. MMM went with the "help" format which was highly successful.

I remember the first ponzi scheme in the late 80s, it was the called bond. You buy a peace of paper called bond with N16, and your name is put on the bottom of the paper, which was number 5. If you sell one of the bond your name goes to number 4 until you get to the top. Each bond you sell entitled you to receive N4 and then N4 to the next down line. Anyway, everyone got involved except me. I explained that when the scheme becomes saturated and no more mugus coming into the system, people at the bottom of the pyramid would lose money. Only those at the top which most likely are the initiators would make real money. When it went burst people lost money. Most of my friends lost their school fees.

1 Like

Re: A Scammer Is Begging Me To Take Down My Post About Him. by Chinedu1994(m): 6:03pm On Feb 13, 2021
1000trillion:
Bastard son of a prostitute mother

You are a vagabond.
A piece of cow dung looking for who to scam.
Those hands shall wither if you don't repent and find yourself a job.

Keep scamming until you meet the son of a native doctor one day.
I pity your paltry parents.
Re: A Scammer Is Begging Me To Take Down My Post About Him. by Chinedu1994(m): 6:05pm On Feb 13, 2021
Sailorsoldier1:
...he has realized his mistakes n paid u...so why bring d story here again....na u b angel....nonsense human! Abeg clear road

Yes, if he hadn't seen my post here with his pictures attached, how could he have paid me?
You are a shallow minded, dubious hypocrite.
Commot for before I slap your smelling mouth!

1 Like

Re: A Scammer Is Begging Me To Take Down My Post About Him. by 9japride(m): 6:28pm On Feb 13, 2021
wirinet:

The so called scammer is not even a scammer, he is more of a ponzi scheme initiator. He just decided to start a ponzi scheme and was only able to attract very few customers. All ponzi schemes start with one person (the top of the triangle), and other triangles build from there. See illustration below.

There are lots of ponzi schemes in Nigeria. Some purport to sell some health supplements at exorbitant prices like GNLD, others purport to sell some sort of service. MMM went with the "help" format which was highly successful.

I remember the first ponzi scheme in the late 80s, it was the called bond. You buy a peace of paper called bond with N16, and your name is put on the bottom of the paper, which was number 5. If you sell one of the bond your name goes to number 4 until you get to the top. Each bond you sell entitled you to receive N4 and then N4 to the next down line. Anyway, everyone got involved except me. I explained that when the scheme becomes saturated and no more mugus coming into the system, people at the bottom of the pyramid would lose money. Only those at the top which most likely are the initiators would make real money. When it went burst people lost money. Most of my friends lost their school fees.
[color=#006600][/color]

Interesting, it was good you analysized the situation properly. Though ponzi schemes are not sustainable, its only the first entrants that benefits fully from it without any loss. If I were to partake in any ponzi schemes, I will make such I am amongst the first sets and immediately after cash out I japaaa fast fast without looking back. Greed is the driving force of such schemes. Its so unfortunate the society is not friendly.
Re: A Scammer Is Begging Me To Take Down My Post About Him. by Giftexx: 4:51pm On Feb 14, 2021
Na una sabi, 10k go fInish.
U will go through worse stress if he should report the payment to his bank as Fraud..
Re: A Scammer Is Begging Me To Take Down My Post About Him. by Chinedu1994(m): 6:44pm On Feb 14, 2021
Giftexx:
Na una sabi, 10k go fInish.
U will go through worse stress if he should report the payment to his bank as Fraud..
Of course when I have the chat where he confessed to being a scammer?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kano: Police Intercept 820 Cartons Of Expired Drugs / The Tale Of Lawrence Anini - The Dreadful Robber / Be Careful When You Are In The Bank. This Just Happened To A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.