Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

My Shocking Experience With A Nigeria Bank's ATM - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Shocking Experience With A Nigeria Bank's ATM (1247 Views)

My Shocking Experience At A Hangout Yesterday With A Superficial Girl. / My Shocking Discovery After Dating Married Women And Single Mothers! / When I Was 15 , I Had An Abortion , 14 Years Later .... (Read My Shocking Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Shocking Experience With A Nigeria Bank's ATM by lemon10(m): 8:19am On Feb 13, 2021
I know many people have experienced this one time or the other. Mine happened when I landed my first job of #25000 Naira monthly as a call center representative in Abeokuta as a fresh graduate. I patiently waited for the first salary to be paid after an "on the job training (OJT)" exercise. My joy knew no bounds when I went to use WEMA bank's ATM at Lafenwa Abeokuta. When it got to my turn, I tried to withdraw 5K which was not successful, but I received a debit alert. All effort to get the 5k proved abortive after I followed it up. I then managed my remaining 20k for the month. On a different occasion, I went to the same WEMA bank ATM to withdraw a life-saving 1K, the same thing happened. After then, I swore not to use that ATM again.

Please feel free to share yours grin grin grin
Re: My Shocking Experience With A Nigeria Bank's ATM by Backtonairaland: 8:22am On Feb 13, 2021
UBA atm unless they will return my 10k today useless banks

btw see my signature
Re: My Shocking Experience With A Nigeria Bank's ATM by lemon10(m): 8:30am On Feb 13, 2021
The annoying thing was that I went to my bank (diamond bank) and reported. In fact, they put a call across to their headquarters in Lagos and I spoke with them. After one week I returned to the bank, to my surprise they told me they saw that I withdrew the money, that if I wanted to follow it up, I should pay for footage. Then footage was #2000, and the money I had remaining in my account was less than 2k. To be sure of the whole thing, I went to the bank that owns the ATM I used and they confirmed an unsuccessful transaction, suggesting I returned to my bank (diamond bank). That was how I left the whole thing.
Re: My Shocking Experience With A Nigeria Bank's ATM by nedekid: 8:22am On May 13, 2021
lemon10:
I know many people have experienced this one time or the other. Mine happened when I landed my first job of #25000 Naira monthly as a call center representative in Abeokuta as a fresh graduate. I patiently waited for the first salary to be paid after an "on the job training (OJT)" exercise. My joy knew no bounds when I went to use WEMA bank's ATM at Lafenwa Abeokuta. When it got to my turn, I tried to withdraw 5K which was not successful, but I received a debit alert. All effort to get the 5k proved abortive after I followed it up. I then managed my remaining 20k for the month. On a different occasion, I went to the same WEMA bank ATM to withdraw a life-saving 1K, the same thing happened. After then, I swore not to use that ATM again.

Even if it happened 10 years ago, better go and collect your money. Nigerians cannot afford to be this docile. So you left your money for God as they say.
Dont you know there are photographic records of each transaction and you can ask for photo evidence you collected the cash? It has happened to me 3rice and I got my money! I even got paid counterfeit money once at the atm. Just 1k, Nna the wahala I made, the manager gave me my 1k plus 1k for inconvenience.
Its not everything you let slide.
Re: My Shocking Experience With A Nigeria Bank's ATM by atilla(m): 8:38am On May 13, 2021
Sorry to great this is very annoying.
Normally you fill dispute error form and the bank takes it and resolved the issue. I think the guys in your branch are just being lazy and trying not to resolve your issue.

Maybe you fill the form online and sent their customer services or if you have it on your bank app. IF you still have to go to the bank that's IF oh, ask to speak the customer services/operations manager and tell them what the other bank reported
Re: My Shocking Experience With A Nigeria Bank's ATM by Offpoint1: 10:04am On May 13, 2021
The only problem I have ever experienced is "insufficient funds or... Currently unable to dispense cash"
Re: My Shocking Experience With A Nigeria Bank's ATM by EMILO2STAY(m): 3:40pm On May 16, 2021
lemon10:

in 2013 I used my ATM with sweat on it from my jeans to withdraw 4k, the ATM displayed error but still ejected the 4k for me. I was never debited for it. the money in my account remained t he same. it was access bank.

1 Like

Re: My Shocking Experience With A Nigeria Bank's ATM by Cinema4d: 7:24pm On May 16, 2021
Funny...This shii happened to me last week Saturday. I went to the nearest ATM machine (UBA) to withdraw 5k. Ok o, I inserted my card (Gtb), inputed my pin. Na so I dey hear vibration vruuuuuuuuuum smiling sheepishly, waiting for my cash. You know, dah moment wey you go use half of ur bodi cover the ATM kon place ur hand at the base of the dispense slot may pesin no go cast (legends knows what I'm talking about). To my utmost surprise, shocked after the thing vibrate, "devibrate" wรณrefร , omo na my ATM card the machine dispense o sad. Na so shaggi whisper to me (humm hummm hummm hummm hummm e shock you!), I've never experienced such thing before in my life so, I thought it was a joke. I retried it three consecutive times and it proved abortive. At that point, the intensity of my anger was like a gigantic conflagration that can engulf a domineering air device. (In lasisi's voice) someone should calm me down. I called customer care line, went to Gtb to lodge my complaint, their response was that I'll receive the cash in five working days. Today is what? One week fa!
Them go see crazy tomorrow.
Re: My Shocking Experience With A Nigeria Bank's ATM by paulolee(m): 7:35pm On May 16, 2021
maybe na network wahala...

(1) (Reply)

A Feel Like Running Away From The House / How I Fuvk My Landlady Daughter And Later Engage Her. / Graphic : Bitter Truth About The Nature Of Homosexuals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.