Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,158 members, 7,864,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:33 AM

Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) - Business (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) (149805 Views)

Help Advice On My Keke Business & Tracker / BAR SOAP Makers Plz Come In And Answer These Questions, Help.. / Please Help, Advice Me On My Current Situation With Remita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Mannyautos: 8:33am On May 18
chieni:

No bidding, just a direct message?

Yeah. No bidding.

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Mannyautos: 8:33am On May 18
onuleo:
still available?

Yeah
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by betty22(f): 1:03pm On May 18
Is this still available?

Mannyautos:

I've reviewed payment upwards for this task as dollar has gone up.

More people still needed for this task. I'm also willing to collaborate with people that can do more than 1 review. Which means :
2000 = 1 Review,
6000 = 3 Reviews etc. ( However note that reviews must be from different devices).

Please quote me on this post or send me a WhatsApp chat on 08155909839 for further details on this task.

This is an ongoing task...
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by chieni(f): 9:46pm On May 18
Mannyautos:

Yeah. No bidding.
What's your niche?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by GuestReader88: 8:36am On May 19
ebuka1997:
How this week went, not a bad week at all.
Please, how can I buy connects on Upwork? My Verve card isn't accepted.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by GuestReader88: 8:39am On May 19
paste007:
Hello, does anyone know how to buy connects on upwork in Nigeria, my debit card is not working on the site
Please, have you been able to buy the connects now?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by CaptainArc: 10:11am On May 19
Has anyone tried Upwork verification with printed nimc I'd card (not slip), FRSC is taking ages to print my license and I don't have int. Passport yet
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by DkJay: 12:23pm On May 19
qtguru

Senior man. Thanks for all the valuable content you post. I just discovered your YouTube channel, and you're an inspiration to many of us

I have a question.

You've been successful on Upwork. If you were to summarize it, what are FIVE things you did that helped get you to the point where you have offers coming at you rather than applying?

Thanks.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 1:03pm On May 19
DkJay:
qtguru

Senior man. Thanks for all the valuable content you post. I just discovered your YouTube channel, and you're an inspiration to many of us

I have a question.

You've been successful on Upwork. If you were to summarize it, what are FIVE things you did that helped get you to the point where you have offers coming at you rather than applying?

Thanks.

1. Consistency I've been on Upwork since it was odes, it's just recently I started getting traction.
2. Profile optimization, I bought a course from RemoteOliver on Twitter it was like 4 usd, you have to clean up your profile.
3. Portfolio matters alot, the better your portfolio, the higher your chances.
4. Niche skill, no point finding gigs with the only skill you know, you have to upskill
5. Good communication and over delivering, once I take up a project, I usually handle the direction myself without requiring input from the owner

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by DkJay: 1:09pm On May 19
qtguru:

1. Consistency I've been on Upwork since it was odes, it's just recently I started getting traction.
2. Profile optimization, I bought a course from RemoteOliver on Twitter it was like 4 usd, you have to clean up your profile.
3. Portfolio matters alot, the better your portfolio, the higher your chances.
4. Niche skill, no point finding gigs with the only skill you know, you have to upskill
5. Good communication and over delivering, once I take up a project, I usually handle the direction myself without requiring input from the owner

Thanks a lot, man. I appreciate it

🙏
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by demanuel(m): 6:23am On May 20
@ qtguru any recommendation on my profile?
demanuel:

My niche is financial modeling & Data analysis

https://www.upwork.com/nx/search/talent/details/~016df7ce588274822e/profile?_modalInfo=%5B%7B%22navType%22%3A%22slider%22,%22title%22%3A%22Profile%22,%22modalId%22%3A%221716035213062%22%7D%5D&pageTitle=Profile&q=Emmanuel%20nduka

https://www.upwork.com/nx/search/talent/details/~016df7ce588274822e/profile?_modalInfo=%5B%7B%22navType%22%3A%22slider%22,%22title%22%3A%22Profile%22,%22modalId%22%3A%221716035213062%22%7D%5D&pageTitle=Profile&q=Emmanuel%20nduka
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by GuestReader88: 9:25am On May 20
Upwork isn't accepting Nigerian banks' ATM cards as a payment/billing method for buying connects. Any recommendations on other payment methods one can use, please?

Cc: pocohantas, qtguru, and others.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by XploraBen(m): 11:55am On May 20
GuestReader88:
Upwork isn't accepting Nigerian banks' ATM cards as a payment/billing method for buying connects. Any recommendations on other payment methods one can use, please?

Cc: pocohantas, qtguru, and others.
Open a Geegpay account and create a virtual card.
Fund the card and use it to pay for not only Upwork connects but almost anything online.
It's what I'm using and their service is swift and reliable.

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by GuestReader88: 2:49pm On May 20
XploraBen:

Fund the card and use it to pay for not only Upwork connects but almost anything online.
Thank you. I've been trying to verify my ID on Geegpay since, but they didn't accept NIN as a valid ID. I don't understand. They said international passport is the most preferable form of ID, but my passport has expired.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by GuestReader88: 2:59pm On May 20
@XploraBen, what about Chipper? Is it reliable to add its virtual card to Upwork for buying connects? I'm skeptical about putting funds in it.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by XploraBen(m): 3:40pm On May 20
GuestReader88:

Thank you. I've been trying to verify my ID on Geegpay since, but they didn't accept NIN as a valid ID. I don't understand. They said international passport is the most preferable form of ID, but my passport has expired.

I first used my PVC for verification when I opened my account in 2022. I was asked to verify my account again this year and I used my NIN, which they accepted.

If you have a PVC, try and use it.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by XploraBen(m): 3:41pm On May 20
GuestReader88:
@XploraBen, what about Chipper? Is it reliable to add its virtual card to Upwork for buying connects? I'm skeptical about putting funds in it.
I don't know about this, I haven't tried it before.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by GuestReader88: 7:55pm On May 20
XploraBen:

I don't know about this, I haven't tried it before.
XploraBen:

I first used my PVC for verification when I opened my account in 2022. I was asked to verify my account again this year and I used my NIN, which they accepted.

If you have a PVC, try and use it.
Okay, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by ebuka1997: 11:00pm On May 20
GuestReader88:

Please, have you been able to buy the connects now?

I am use a Transferwise card, I am not in Nigeria. Alternatively, I use earnings.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 9:47am On May 21
demanuel:
@ qtguru any recommendation on my profile?

Look into No-code

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by oylam(m): 8:09pm On May 22
Hi there,
Please message jakobsisaac@gmail.com if you have an Upwork verified account for reviews.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Mannyautos: 2:59pm On May 23
Mannyautos:
I have a reputation management contract from my client on Upwork which has raised the need for people to post positive reviews of his business on Trust Pilot Australia.

What I require from you

1. Register on Trust Pilot if you are currently not registered.
2. Drop review (This would be provided) and rate the business.
3. Wait for feedback from Trustpilot to see if the review is approved or declined.
4. Once review is approved it would be monitored for 3 days that it sticks on the platform without removal then I'll pay you N1,500

Please quote me on this post or send me a WhatsApp chat on 08155909839 for further details on this task.

This is an ongoing task and I need as many people as possible. However, it's limited to 1 person per review, referrals are also welcomed provided you aren't using the same device. This is the easiest 1500 you'll get. If you have done this particular task for me before, you are not eligible for this task at this time.

I still need more hands for this task. Kindly reach out to me via WhatsApp

On 08037618183 or 08155909839

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Jaycobbs(m): 3:35pm On May 24
XploraBen:

Is this stuff working now?

Geegpay has been playing ping pong with me for a while since I wanted to create a card and I think their card creation service was down for a while

How much does it take to create one now?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by XploraBen(m): 5:58pm On May 24
Jaycobbs:

Is this stuff working now?

Geegpay has been playing ping pong with me for a while since I wanted to create a card and I think their card creation service was down for a while

How much does it take to create one now?
Yes, the card is working.
You'll be charged a one-time fee of $1 to create a new card.

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Kalaba(m): 10:48pm On May 24
Try Bitnob
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Jaycobbs(m): 6:13pm On May 26
grin grin

I thought I could write proposals, but, damn...

We learn everyday.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 4:51am On May 27
Jaycobbs:
grin grin

I thought I could write proposals, but, damn...

We learn everyday.

Most clients will ignore this proposal, they can only see the first 2 lines. So it has to be a catchy lead

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Jaycobbs(m): 9:13am On May 27
qtguru:

Most clients will ignore this proposal, they can only see the first 2 lines. So it has to be a catchy lead

I like how professionally the writer broke down the specifics of the job. Obviously, showing that s/he was someone knowledgeable about it

That was the selling point here.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nicolee21: 9:26am On May 27
So, 95% of Nigerians and Nigerian freelancers say receiving international payments via PayPal is their biggest challenge.

Hence it makes them lose international deals and clients because they don't have a PayPal account that can receive payments.

How many international clients that pay via PayPal do you need each week to hit your revenue targets?

Whether it's 4 or 10, it's frustrating when you lose these deals because you don't have a PayPal account that can receive payments.

Could I share a way that's getting my close friend $500+ deals per week from PayPal alone?

Send me a Dm via Whatsapp @ 08027130134
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by A50boner: 3:58pm On Jun 02
Hi guys afternoon. I have some questions and I be happy if someone here responds to me.

1. What payment platform do you use to receive your earnings from upwork?

2. Which document would you recommend to verify my identity in upwork. I have my national passport, is that okay?

3. I don't have tax information but it's required to withdraw my earnings.

How do I go about it gentlemen?

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Jaycobbs(m): 11:13pm On Jun 02
A50boner:
Hi guys afternoon. I have some questions and I be happy if someone here responds to me.

1. What payment platform do you use to receive your earnings from upwork?

2. Which document would you recommend to verify my identity in upwork. I have my national passport, is that okay?

3. I don't have tax information but it's required to withdraw my earnings.

How do I go about it gentlemen?

1. Geegpay. Grey works fine too, and Payoneer.

2. International passport is the best. You're good to go.

3. Some people make use of NIN and says it works well. You can also go through the roundabout process:

A) Go to https://tin.jtb.gov.ng/TinIndividualRequestExternal

B) Use your BVN to search for your TIN number

C) Complete the form. A link would be sent to your email. You'll get a Request ID, usually between 2 to 15 hours

D) When you get the TIN number, go back to Upwork, profile settings, tax information. Fill correctly and you're good to go.

Enjoy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (Reply)

Learn How To Offer Graphics Design On Fiverr - Without Being A Photoshop/ai Pro / What Are The Requirements For Getting A POS Machine? / Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24

Viewing this topic: Riele(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.