Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,614 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) - Business (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) (143382 Views)

Help Advice On My Keke Business & Tracker / BAR SOAP Makers Plz Come In And Answer These Questions, Help.. / Please Help, Advice Me On My Current Situation With Remita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Ayomipoe(m): 8:57am On Jun 24, 2023
I am not sure he deserves this response.
You have been spamming the thread with your offer. You could have easily ignored him, and continue to post the offer, it's a free world.
Yes registration is free, yes they will approve it provided you submit the documents required and you will also get jobs on it. it is not mysterious or something only a genius can do.
Chatflick:

You are mad and forever will be. Because you don't need it does it mean others don't? It shows you know nothing about Upwork. Registration is free oya go and make them approve it then start getting jobs. Oloriburuku
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by ArticleBeast: 9:17am On Jun 24, 2023
beautycrush24:

I counted 11. I think the confusion is the last 4 digits. 5906 not 50906
Yeah thought as much
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by twosquare(m): 9:23am On Jun 24, 2023
Please, can direct deposit from Upwork to Nigerian account work since we have a new administration? Also, what's the rate if yes?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Ayomipoe(m): 10:24am On Jun 24, 2023
I saw the rate as 650ish yesterday. Of course, I ignored it.
The whole currency situation is now very unclear. Google rates are $1=823.00, p2p is $1=770, FMDQ I&E FX Closing rate $/₦770.17
So maybe google does not have sense? It still does not explain why Upwork's payout is about 100 naira short.
twosquare:
Please, can direct deposit from Upwork to Nigerian account work since we have a new administration? Also, what's the rate if yes?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by tobby20: 10:58am On Jun 24, 2023
adambeatz:

I have for sale, 3yrs plus
Can you send me the fiverr link
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by twosquare(m): 11:23am On Jun 24, 2023
Thanks for the reply. I think it has to do with the news of earlier setting it at #650.

I just want to know if it hits naira bank account, it will go through without issues.
Ayomipoe:
I saw the rate as 650ish yesterday. Of course, I ignored it.
The whole currency situation is now very unclear. Google rates are $1=823.00, p2p is $1=770, FMDQ I&E FX Closing rate $/₦770.17
So maybe google does not have sense? It still does not explain why Upwork's payout is about 100 naira short.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Ayomipoe(m): 11:27am On Jun 24, 2023
Sure it will.
twosquare:
Thanks for the reply. I think it has to do with the news of earlier setting it at #650.

I just want to know if it hits naira bank account, it will go through without issues.

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by beautycrush24(f): 11:54am On Jun 24, 2023
Olawrites:

Hmmmn, say 1% of Nigerians using Nigeria account get ahead. I bet they faced hell.

It's way more than 1% though. From your monicker, it seems you're in the writing niche. I'll agree that it might be a tasking to break even with a Nigerian account in that niche. But for so many other niches, Nigerians with Nigerian accounts are actually doing very well

7 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Donpre(m): 7:15pm On Jun 24, 2023
Olawrites:

Hmmmn, say 1% of Nigerians using Nigeria account get ahead. I bet they faced hell.

1% is a harsh number. Almost everybody here uses a Nigerian account and about a quarter aren't doing so bad

It depends on your niche and expertise and PURE LUCK
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Olawrites: 7:39pm On Jun 24, 2023
beautycrush24:

It's way more than 1% though. From your monicker, it seems you're in the writing niche. I'll agree that it might be a tasking to break even with a Nigerian account in that niche. But for so many other niches, Nigerians with Nigerian accounts are actually doing very well

You can't be more native English than an English person. Yeah I made some good amount but yet it's not an easy ride. I changed location from Nigeria that's how I was able to pull that.
Nigeria account is hard.

How many Nigerians are really making it, forget all these new Freelancer making noise here. Most haven't even reach their first $1k on Upwork..lol. That's why I said 1%.

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Macgyver1: 8:12pm On Jun 24, 2023
I'm Top Rated, and i'm operating a Nigerian account.

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by glimpse(f): 3:13pm On Jun 25, 2023
Good afternoon everyone, Please I will need some guide on how to setup my Upwork profile to look attractive. Also, I think I haven't been writing good proposals that's why I haven't been getting invites. I would appreciate every help rendered to me.

I do data entry, and I need help on how to search for good jobs on Upwork too. Nigeria's economy is biting hard and I need extra source of income.

Thank you
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 3:25pm On Jun 25, 2023
glimpse:
Good afternoon everyone, Please I will need some guide on how to setup my Upwork profile to look attractive. Also, I think I haven't been writing good proposals that's why I haven't been getting invites. I would appreciate every help rendered to me.

I do data entry, and I need help on how to search for good jobs on Upwork too. Nigeria's economy is biting hard and I need extra source of income.

Thank you

Best advice is look at other freelancers profile to see what's missing from yours and what you can learn ?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Macgyver1: 6:43pm On Jun 25, 2023
glimpse:

Thank you

Also add a tailored resume to your proposal
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Deypray: 10:32am On Jun 26, 2023

ArticleBeast:

Bro please check. It is 12 digits instead of 11
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 11:17am On Jun 26, 2023
glimpse:

Thank you

What are your skills ?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by N2B2: 8:16am On Jun 27, 2023
Olawrites:

You can't be more native English than an English person. Yeah I made some good amount but yet it's not an easy ride. I changed location from Nigeria that's how I was able to pull that.
Nigeria account is hard.

How many Nigerians are really making it, forget all these new Freelancer making noise here. Most haven't even reach their first $1k on Upwork..lol. That's why I said 1%.

You need not have made up that statistic.

Achieving financial freedom through remote freelancing is not an easy ride — even more so for those with no idea of what they want or what they're doing.

Many Nigerian freelancers in Nigeria are making bank from Upwork. That includes writers. Don't doubt that because they're not bragging about it on Nairaland.

You can do a Talent search on Upwork to see for yourself.

glimpse:

Thank you

How could anyone help if you don't attach a link to your Upwork account or append one of your proposals?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Taystee: 11:36am On Jun 27, 2023
2017 Upwork account for sale, you can reach out to me on 081445 six five one eight two.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by ArticleBeast: 9:53am On Jun 28, 2023
Taystee:
2017 Upwork account for sale, you can reach out to me on 081445 six five one eight two.
Foreign or Naija
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Taystee: 10:24am On Jun 28, 2023
ArticleBeast:

Foreign or Naija

Naija account
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by ArticleBeast: 10:32am On Jun 28, 2023
Taystee:

Naija account
Oh okay
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Upcomingdad67: 11:34am On Jun 28, 2023
Hello guys . Please i need your input on this

I filed a dispute on a fix contract which upwork acknowledge by sending me a mail .

(That the funds will be withhold till they resolve the dispute etc ). But it has been 5 days now I haven't gotten any other reply from them regarding the dispute.

And I Heard dispute period is about 7 days .

I have sent them messages on support twice but up till this moment no reply from them .

Please how do I go about this
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Donpre(m): 2:42pm On Jun 28, 2023
@qtguru..boss, can we get some samples of your proposals cause your success rate is amazing

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 3:29pm On Jun 28, 2023
Donpre:
@qtguru..boss, can we get some samples of your proposals cause your success rate is amazing

My proposals are simple, each one is specific to the job but there is a consistent format I use

Upwork Clients can only see the 1st 2 lines from your proposals, so because my field is Tech, I have to be direct and also add my portfolio.

The portfolio is the key to getting jobs. It shows proof of work, after portfolio then reviews help.

But if I can mention how I get successful with gigs,

Bidding Tips

1. I try to be the first 5 proposals
2. I also check the "Last viewed by Client", if it's within 5mins, then it means high chances of the client instinctively responding to a notification.
3. If I see a job is perfectly within my field, then I can boost the bids because with a good profile and reviews, when you boost, they can view your work and pick.

Portfolio Tips
Have a portfolio for the gig you are applying for and it can be:
1. Screenshot
2. Video ( if your evidence requires explanation and more proof)
3. Audio

For me I use AwesomeScreen Recorder to share my evidences of Previous works

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Donpre(m): 10:29pm On Jun 28, 2023
qtguru:

My proposals are simple, each one is specific to the job but there is a consistent format I use

Upwork Clients can only see the 1st 2 lines from your proposals, so because my field is Tech, I have to be direct and also add my portfolio.

The portfolio is the key to getting jobs. It shows proof of work, after portfolio then reviews help.

But if I can mention how I get successful with gigs,

Bidding Tips

1. I try to be the first 5 proposals
2. I also check the "Last viewed by Client", if it's within 5mins, then it means high chances of the client instinctively responding to a notification.
3. If I see a job is perfectly within my field, then I can boost the bids because with a good profile and reviews, when you boost, they can view your work and pick.

Portfolio Tips
Have a portfolio for the gig you are applying for and it can be:
1. Screenshot
2. Video ( if your evidence requires explanation and more proof)
3. Audio

For me I use AwesomeScreen Recorder to share my evidences of Previous works
Thanks. This is awesome
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Donpre(m): 11:53pm On Jun 28, 2023
when did proposals get as high as 16 connects?

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by JohnPortar: 1:08am On Jun 29, 2023
Donpre:

Welcome to the new dispensation grin
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 10:53am On Jun 29, 2023
Niche Skills for Designer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by emmyN(m): 3:04pm On Jun 29, 2023
Donpre:

I came here just now to ask that same question
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Donpre(m): 4:31pm On Jun 29, 2023
emmyN:

I came here just now to ask that same question
Its insane. I remember they only refund 10 connects per interview. Did that change or would l lose 6 connects still even after landing an interview?

Upwork has lost it
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 4:46pm On Jun 29, 2023
Donpre:

Its insane. I remember they only refund 10 connects per interview. Did that change or would l lose 6 connects still even after landing an interview?

Upwork has lost it

What's your field on Upworks ? personally I'd say maybe try out Powerpoint Design, I saw a lot of gigs with little application there, I was tempted to apply.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (106) (Reply)

Binary Option Free Alerts/strategies Season 3 / Who Is Who In Nigeria: The Full List Of The Top 50 Richest Nigerian Billionaires / Learn How To Make Ankara Bags,purses N Accessories Online Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.