Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) - Business (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) (143288 Views)

Help Advice On My Keke Business & Tracker / BAR SOAP Makers Plz Come In And Answer These Questions, Help.. / Please Help, Advice Me On My Current Situation With Remita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by wasiubello: 1:55am On Jul 02, 2023
Okay
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by N2B2: 4:37am On Jul 02, 2023
wasiubello:
Hey guys, I need help. My UK account that I have been using recently got suspended after I try verifying it. I have open and responded to the suspension tickets nothing has changed. What can I do guys

Are you presently in the UK? If your answer is no, then forget about Upwork for good.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 11:07am On Jul 02, 2023
Donpre:
when did proposals get as high as 16 connects?

They did that because Upwork needs to raise profit
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by dreamxhaser: 11:40am On Jul 02, 2023
qtguru:

What's your field on Upworks ? personally I'd say maybe try out Powerpoint Design, I saw a lot of gigs with little application there, I was tempted to apply.

Hey

I looking to switch from writing to coding. Plz i beg you to tell me the reality if AI like GPT will kill the freelnce jobs for tech guys.

Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 11:52am On Jul 02, 2023
dreamxhaser:

Hey

I looking to switch from writing to coding. Plz i beg you to tell me the reality if AI like GPT will kill the freelnce jobs for tech guys.

Thank you sir

If coding is not your thing just try other skills, can you try and Google top Upwork Nigerian freelancers and see what they do and pick a skill. If you think you can handle the coding woes then yeah it's rewarding but it's not easy.

5 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 11:54am On Jul 02, 2023
No I use alot of AI for my job if anything it helps with writings for portfolio, AI generation is not perfect, it has that pick words and place today, but it serves as an assistance to a freelancer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by dreamxhaser: 12:07pm On Jul 02, 2023
qtguru:

If coding is not your thing just try other skills, can you try and Google top Upwork Nigerian freelancers and see what they do and pick a skill. If you think you can handle the coding woes then yeah it's rewarding but it's not easy.

I love coding. Coding is the reason i am studying computer science

I just dey do writing to hold body from sapa🤣

I have learnt front end dev already. I am just doubting if i should continue especially as i see alot of people saying AI will take away coders job
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 12:12pm On Jul 02, 2023
dreamxhaser:

I love coding. Coding is the reason i am studying computer science

I just dey do writing to hold body from sapa🤣

I have learnt front end dev already. I am just doubting if i should continue especially as i see alot of people saying AI will take away coders job

and your JavaScript and DOM API knowledge is okay ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by dreamxhaser: 12:14pm On Jul 02, 2023
qtguru:

and your JavaScript and DOM API knowledge is okay ?

Java script is okay (but not strong becuse i neer to check the net before i remeber somethings)

Then i started learning liquid, with plans to become a shopify dev
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 12:29pm On Jul 02, 2023
dreamxhaser:

Java script is okay (but not strong becuse i neer to check the net before i remeber somethings)

Then i started learning liquid, with plans to become a shopify dev

Bro I like the latter part, I think you should focus on Shopify but you are not limited to being a Shopify dev you can look at other non dev fields too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Donpre(m): 1:13pm On Jul 02, 2023
qtguru:

They did that because Upwork needs to raise profit
Didn't they already increase commissions to a flat rate of 10% and they already made quite a lot with connects and boosting
Not to mention the VAT charge which I'm sure never gets to the federal government

My client also mention that he was charged too

This is criminal in a way

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 1:18pm On Jul 02, 2023
Donpre:

Didn't they already increase commissions to a flat rate of 10% and they already made quite a lot with connects and boosting
Not to mention the VAT charge which I'm sure never gets to the federal government

My client also mention that he was charged too

This is criminal in a way

They reduced it to 10% which is at least cheaper than the 20% , but you pay for it in connects. Connects are investment so I'd advise taking time to research Upwork well before spending connects. There's a 1$ guide by Oliver on Gumroad, if you can buy it, it explains in 18 pages how to get gigs.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Donpre(m): 1:19pm On Jul 02, 2023
LMAO

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 1:31pm On Jul 02, 2023
qtguru:

They reduced it to 10% which is at least cheaper than the 20% , but you pay for it in connects. Connects are investment so I'd advise taking time to research Upwork well before spending connects. There's a 1$ guide by Oliver on Gumroad, if you can buy it, it explains in 18 pages how to get gigs.

The 20% wouldn't have gone on for long. It was only on the first $500 you earn from a client. I think Top Rated were on 10%. I wish connects were transferable.

I opened Upwork yesterday and I pitied for new freelancers. Less jobs, more competition. This is one time I appreciate trying out something as soon as I heard of it. Normally I am someone that procrastinates. I guess sapa was the motivation. I desperately needed an additional source of income.

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 1:32pm On Jul 02, 2023
pocohantas:

The 20% wouldn't have gone on for long. It was only on the first $500 you earn from a client. I think Top Rated were on 10%. I wish connects were transferable.

I opened Upwork yesterday and I pitied for new freelancers. Less jobs, more competition. This is one time I appreciate trying out something as soon as I heard of it. Normally I am someone that procrastinates. I guess sapa was the motivation. I desperately needed an additional source of income.

You found something or still looking ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 1:34pm On Jul 02, 2023
qtguru:

You found something or still looking ?

I am talking of when I joined Upwork in 2021. I am not desperately searching again.

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by dreamxhaser: 4:35pm On Jul 02, 2023
qtguru:

Bro I like the latter part, I think you should focus on Shopify but you are not limited to being a Shopify dev you can look at other non dev fields too

Wow thanks.

Which means I can combine different none dev fields too right.

Like being a Shopify and WordPress dev all together
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by dreamxhaser: 4:39pm On Jul 02, 2023
qtguru:
No I use alot of AI for my job if anything it helps with writings for portfolio, AI generation is not perfect, it has that pick words and place today, but it serves as an assistance to a freelancer

Wow

Thanks, I really needed this insight. Because I really love working from home.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Lamban2: 8:13am On Jul 03, 2023
Please, is there anybody here who recently verified upwork USA account?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Brandconsultany: 9:17am On Jul 03, 2023
dreamxhaser:

Hey

Thank you sir

My brother I'm equally having this challenge. I am a level 2 seller in the copywriting niche and I tell you with the introduction of chatgpt AI and co it's not been really easy landing a gig for sometimes now.
Funny but through before this AI stuff I make above 250k per month.

It's well...
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nteogwuija(m): 7:36pm On Jul 03, 2023
Hi guys, good evening. I have an account that I registered since 2017 and haven't been using it, but I intend to start using it now, is it okay to use it or better to open a new one?

Reason I'm asking is that I might start submitting proposals with the old account and prospective clients might view my profile and see that I've been registered since 2017 with no job review, which could be a turn off.

What do you guys advice. Thanks for the suggestions in advance.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Macgyver1: 6:58am On Jul 04, 2023
Nteogwuija:
Hi guys, good evening. I have an account that I registered since 2017 and having been using it, but I intend to start using it now, is it okay to use it or better to open a new one?

Reason I'm asking is that I might start submitting proposals with the old account and prospective clients might view my profile and see that I've been registered since 2017 with no job review, which could be a turn off.

What do you guys advice. Thanks for the suggestions in advance.

Continue using it, it's better than a new account
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Olawrites: 7:14am On Jul 04, 2023
Brandconsultany:

My brother I'm equally having this challenge. I am a level 2 seller in the copywriting niche and I tell you with the introduction of chatgpt AI and co it's not been really easy landing a gig for sometimes now.
Funny but through before this AI stuff I make above 250k per month.

It's well...
The freelance writing niche is going extinct soon. As it stands now, It'll only get worse as AI keeps advancing. Everyone is complaining even my friends.

Think, think and think outside the box now, before it's too late.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nteogwuija(m): 7:29am On Jul 04, 2023
Macgyver1:

Continue using it, it's better than a new account

Okay, thanks man. Appreciate the response.

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by tobiih(m): 11:21am On Jul 04, 2023
I would just be scrolling through the job feeds, looking at jobs I could finish in less than a day and things that I could easily do but the saturatiom on the proposal submitted is insane

Wordpress dev is now surplus like sand, I added forex trading skill category to my profile just to get out of that saturation. Just getting tired by the day with no invitations.

This was the same reason I left the account in 2021, only to come back in 2023. Not giving up though

Please guys, if you now make a bit from the platform, how did you get your first gig and how long (funny enough, someone I thought wordpress dev, got a gig immediately he opened the platform, got him his first ride)
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by ostopsmich(m): 11:49am On Jul 04, 2023
komzy589:
Hi everyone
I have an issue on Upwork and I can’t seem to find a solution.
Upwork asked us to complete a form based on US tax laws.
I have done everything but stock in the Tax Identification Number (TIN).
I tried using random numbers, but it just won’t work.
Does anyone have this experience?
If so, how did you get past it?
Please help!
Make use of your NIN, it's what I used

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by komzy589(m): 1:40pm On Jul 04, 2023
ostopsmich:

Make use of your NIN, it's what I used
I’ve done it. Thanks
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 4:51pm On Jul 04, 2023
I have a client from hell, cry

This client thinks software is like pressing a button. I will soon block the client, anyone with experience? what type of hit will i get on my jss, I can't explaining sass apps and chrome extensions are not the same.

I am still thinking of managing, but I want to know the impact sad

thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by N2B2: 6:04pm On Jul 04, 2023
qtguru:
I have a client from hell, cry

This client thinks software is like pressing a button. I will soon block the client, anyone with experience? what type of hit will i get on my jss, I can't explaining sass apps and chrome extensions are not the same.

I am still thinking of managing, but I want to know the impact sad

thanks

I was in the same boat two years ago. The client's review dropped my JSS from 100 to 79.

The client likely knows the gist of things and could just be looking to force your hand. If you don't plan to give in to their demands, or pacify them, get ready for a similar drop (probably in the mid-eighties).

In the future, screen jobs more before you apply. Flee from clients with a history of low pay; it's them who demand the most.

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 6:13pm On Jul 04, 2023
N2B2:

I was in the same boat two years ago. The client's review dropped my JSS from 100 to 79.

The client likely knows the gist of things and could just looking to force your hand. If you don't plan to give in to their demands, or pacify them, get ready for a similar drop (probably in the mid-eighties).

In the future, screen jobs more before you apply. Flee from clients with a history of low pay; it's them who demand the most.

This one is not low pay, it's someone who doesn't know what he wants and constantly wants to meet, He will give task at 1 and ask for update and meeting by 3

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Chiraq77(m): 8:08am On Jul 05, 2023
Great minds please I have a question
I want to delve into copy writing,some people say AI has killed it,some say other wise, please is c.writing still a lucrative skill to learn in 2023
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by N2B2: 3:10pm On Jul 05, 2023
qtguru:

This one is not low pay, it's someone who doesn't know what he wants and constantly wants to meet, He will give task at 1 and ask for update and meeting by 3

Then whenever the client checks in, let them know when you'll have an update ready for them. If you keep defining your timeline, they'd have no choice but to fall in line, or end the contract.

Example: Hey, client. I hope you're having a good day. As I mentioned before, I'll have an update ready for you sometime tomorrow.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (106) (Reply)

Binary Option Free Alerts/strategies Season 3 / Who Is Who In Nigeria: The Full List Of The Top 50 Richest Nigerian Billionaires / Learn How To Make Ankara Bags,purses N Accessories Online Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.