Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Science Confirms The Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Science Confirms The Bible (37766 Views)

Science Confirms Eucharistic Miracles / Science Confirms Life After Death! / Science Confirms The Bible - False (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:37am On Apr 08, 2011
devayid:

Until the reformation of Martin Luther, the Roman Catholic Church was sole voice, guardian and body of the christian faith. Do not attempt to distance yourself. The Roman Catholic Church defined the foundations of what you call Christianity today.

You are well entitled to believe your dogma. The RCC would not have been relevant if Jesus did not have this to say about them:

"He answered and said to them, Well has Isaiah prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honours me with their lips, but their hearts is far from me. Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. For laying aside the commandments of God, you hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many others such like things you do. And he said to them, Full well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your own tradition." Mark 7:6-9

If not for the RCC how will this saying be fulfilled?
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:27pm On Apr 08, 2011
Science Update!

[quote][/quote]
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by devayid(m): 1:36pm On Apr 08, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

You are well entitled to believe your dogma. The RCC would not have been relevant if Jesus did not have this to say about them:

"He answered and said to them, Well has Isaiah prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honours me with their lips, but their hearts is far from me. Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. For laying aside the commandments of God, you hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many others such like things you do. And he said to them, Full well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your own tradition." Mark 7:6-9

This is a classical case of how these humanists christians take some biblical passages out of context and try to impose a strictly literal random poetic meaning on some prophetic and poetic literal passages as I earlier mentioned. Revelation 7:1 for example, prophetically literally refers to the four corners of the earth, and is obviously referring to the directions of North, South, East and West. Poetic passages such as Psalm 75:3, which refers to the "pillars" of the earth figuratively literally, are also being used to discredit Christians skeptics by these skeptics christians who believe in the humanist christian religion.

I am a Christian, but not like most of you who claim literal translations one day and for one passage, taken completely out of context, and "poetic" license when it suits you the next day. You are the ones doing the most damage to Christianity with your shallow understanding, misguided proselytizing and completely irrational arguments.

OLAADEGBU:

Are you for real? How about if not for all these random RCCG, Cele, Methodist, Anglican, Baptist, and a million and one other branches, sub branches, divisions, personal fiefdoms, houses on the rocks, tb joshuas etc how would that saying be fulfilled?
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Sweetnecta: 1:51pm On Apr 08, 2011
@Olaadegbu; [Quote]"Allah said: O Isa, I am going to terminate [put to death] the period of your stay (on earth) and cause you to ascend unto Me.[/Quote]I dont mind if you embellish with the Bible. You can not embellish what is stated in the Quran. Put to death is Mayit or Maut. Show me in the verse where Mayit or Maut is written.

Terminates in the verse above is simply not allowing to continue on earth by lifting him up to safety away from his enemies. There is nothing to say that he will be put to death. This is why Surah Nisaa speaks about his not being killed or crucified.

How did you say he died in the Bible, again?
How did the Talmud say he died, again?

It is the Quran that says he did not die and he did not get crucified. Why not speak the truth when it comes to the Quran, instead of not?
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by devayid(m): 2:01pm On Apr 08, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

I mean seriously, you have pastors buying jets, living like kings, stealing money from their congregation, building universities that 90% of their congregation cannot afford to attend, wining and dining with criminals and thieves like Erastus Akingbola, Cecilia Ibru etc They refuse to condemn criminality because they are just as compromised. Abeg siddon somewhere think your life over first, before you start trying to "save" anyone.

"emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds" ~ Bob Marley
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Image123(m): 2:07pm On Apr 08, 2011
THEHOMER!
I said come to school o, i didn't say come and fight. Don't abuse my free scholarship. Sit down and learn like a good student before throwing up questions per sentence.
On your leprosy concerns, just curious, are you . ? Anyway sorry o, but i think this word 'tzaraath' may help you. Look it up on our 'beloved' wiki. The biblical cure for leprosy is faith in God. God cured Naaman, Moses, Miriam, and the lepers in the new testament. Like i'll advise you, try to understand what you read in the Bible, and have the right perspective, not some wrong preconceived notion.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Image123(m): 2:11pm On Apr 08, 2011
reggae for jesus
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:19pm On Apr 08, 2011
devayid:

I am a Christian, but not like most of you who claim literal translations one day and for one passage, taken completely out of context, and "poetic" license when it suits you the next day. You are the ones doing the most damage to Christianity with your shallow understanding, misguided proselytizing and completely irrational arguments.

Are you sure that you are not on your way down on those slippery stairs that leads to atheism?

Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:03pm On Apr 08, 2011
devayid:

I mean seriously, you have pastors buying jets, living like kings, stealing money from their congregation, building universities that 90% of their congregation cannot afford to attend, wining and dining with criminals and thieves like Erastus Akingbola, Cecilia Ibru etc They refuse to condemn criminality because they are just as compromised. Abeg siddon somewhere think your life over first, before you start trying to "save" anyone.

"emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds" ~ Bob Marley

What has all that got to do with the subject at hand?
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by devayid(m): 4:21pm On Apr 08, 2011
After all that has been said your only words are:
"Are you sure that you are not on your way down on those slippery stairs that leads to atheism?"

If that's how you want to play it, allow me to rip you a new one:

Modernism describes a broad body of theological views regarded as heretical by the Catholic Church, including the belief that the Church and Catholic dogma are mere human institutions and as such their nature may radically change over time.[1] The term was used by Pope Pius X, chiefly in reference to the teachings of Alfred Loisy and George Tyrell. "Modernists" generally did not use this label in describing themselves, nor did they necessarily see themselves as a unified group.

In his encyclical Pascendi Dominici gregis of 1907, Pius X declared that Modernism was not only heretical, but even condemned it as "the synthesis of all heresies",[2] because it undermined defined Catholic doctrine in a fundamental way, denying the idea of objective unchanging truth and authoritative teaching. In his decree Lamentabili Sane, Pius X presented 65 condemned and proscribed errors of Modernism.

The Modernist crisis took place chiefly in French and British intellectual Catholic circles, to a lesser extent in Italy, and virtually nowhere else.[3] The Modernist movement in Catholicism was influenced by certain Protestant theologians and clergy, starting with the Tübingen school in the mid-19th century. Some, however, such as George Tyrell, disagreed strongly with this analogy; Tyrell saw himself as loyal to the unity of the Church, and disliked liberal Protestantism (Hales 1958). According to Church critics and dissidents of both past and present, in some respects the Church appeared to be reacting to cultural themes that had arisen with Renaissance humanism and had informed the Enlightenment of the 18th century.

http://www.statemaster.com/encyclopedia/Modernism-%28Roman-Catholicism%29

The Roman Catholic Church was talking about people like you when they came up with the term "modernist".

You want more? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal:Atheism/Selected_picture
which leads http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modernism_%28Roman_Catholicism%29

Don't speak of things you have no idea what they mean. So who's on the road to atheism, the me, the Catholics, you or the Protestants? All roads lead to Rome in the end, yall keep swinging right back to the Church you rebelled against, using its arguments to defend your faith, using its structures as foundations to build upon but in the end you all crumble because you are built on fluff and don't even understand what it is you believe.

Don't post back here again rehashing or simply doing a sharp copy and paste of someone else's writing because you have no idea who that person was, the context in which that person was speaking or who they were speaking to. If you truly believe all the foolish irrationalities you have been spouting, defend them from your understanding. Don't let someone else think you you. They might be wrong.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:24pm On Apr 08, 2011
Biblical Accuracy
by Henry Morris, Ph.D.

"If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?" (John 3:12).

Many who profess to be Christian intellectuals today are arguing that we should defer to the evolutionists in matters of science and history, since the real message of the Bible is spiritual. The Genesis account, for example, is not meant to give us details of the events of creation, for scientists can give us this information. It merely assures us that God is somehow behind it all. But if this were all that God meant to tell us, its very first verse is enough for that! What is the need to describe all the days and acts of creation at all if the record has no real relevance to history or science?

As the Lord Jesus told Nicodemus in our text verse, if we cannot trust God's Word when it relates "earthly things," how can we possibly rely on its testimony of "heavenly things"? To some extent we can check for ourselves whether or not it is accurate when it records facts of history and processes of nature, but we have no means at all of determining whether it speaks the truth when it deals with heaven and hell, with salvation and eternal life, or with God's purpose for the world in the ages to come.

The fact is that the Bible is accurate in all matters with which it deals, scientific and historical as well as spiritual and theological. It is a dangerous thing to listen to these modern "pied pipers" of evangelicalism whose self-serving compromises with evolutionary scientism have already led multitudes of young people astray in our Christian colleges and seminaries.

We yet may not have all the answers to alleged problems in the Bible, but we can be absolutely sure of God's Word. When the answers are found, they will merely confirm what He has said all along. He is able and willing to speak the truth, and He means what He says! HMM
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:41pm On Apr 08, 2011
@devayid,

devayid:

After all that has been said your only words are:
"Are you sure that you are not on your way down on those slippery stairs that leads to atheism?"

If that's how you want to play it, allow me to rip you a new one:

http://www.statemaster.com/encyclopedia/Modernism-%28Roman-Catholicism%29

Please come off it!  Let's be practical.  You said you are a Christian but with your posts you sound more like an atheist. 

[list]
[li]Do you still believe in the infallibility and inerrancy of the Bible?[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Do you believe that man is made in God's image?[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Does miracle happen in Jesus' name?[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Do you believe that Jesus is God?[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Do you believe that He became man, died and rose from the dead?[/li]
[/list]

Answer these questions and then we will see whether you only pay lip service or the picture depicts people like you.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:56pm On Apr 08, 2011
Back to the topic.

Archaeology confirms the Bible again!

The Bible makes more than 40 references to the great Hittite Empire.  However, until one hundred years ago there was no archaeological evidence to substantiate the biblical claim that the Hittites existed.  Skeptics claimed that the Bible was in error, until their mouths were suddenly stopped.  In 1906, Hugo Winckler uncovered a huge library of 10,000 clay tablets, which completely documented the lost Hittite Empire.  We now know that at its height, the Hittite civilization rivaled Egypt and Assyria in its glory and power.

Dr. Nelson Glueck wrote that:

"It may be stated categorically that no archaeological discovery has ever controverted a Biblical reference.  Scores of archaeological findings have been made which confirm in clear outline or exact detail historical statements in the Bible.  And by the same token, proper evaluation of Biblical descriptions has often led to amazing discoveries."

Dr. Joseph P. Free also corroborated this by saying:

"Archaeology has confirmed countless passages which have been rejected by critics as unhistorical or contradictory to known facts . . . Yet archaeological discoveries have shown that these critical charges . . . are wrong and that the Bible is trustworthy in the very statements which have been set aside as untrustworthy . . . We do not know of any cases where the Bible has been proved wrong."

"But how then shall the Scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?" -- Matthew 26:54
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by devayid(m): 5:02pm On Apr 08, 2011
typical. ignore everything else and attack me.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Kay17: 5:44pm On Apr 08, 2011
Its like skeptics and enemies of Christianity are categorized as evolutionists?!

OLAADEGBU:

Science Update!

[img width=500 height=500]http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/media/cartoons/after-eden/20011001.gif[/img]

Yep, because we progress from ignorance to knowledge, while Christians pretend to know everything and yet stagnate in complete ignorance.
OLAADEGBU link=topic=641356.msg8081927#msg8081927 date=1302278167:

Back to the topic.

Archaeology confirms the Bible again!

The Bible makes more than 40 references to the great Hittite Empire.  However, until one hundred years ago there was no archaeological evidence to substantiate the biblical claim that the Hittites existed.  Skeptics claimed that the Bible was in error, until their mouths were suddenly stopped.  In 1906, Hugo Winckler uncovered a huge library of 10,000 clay tablets, which completely documented the lost Hittite Empire.  We now know that at its height, the Hittite civilization rivaled Egypt and Assyria in its glory and power.

Dr. Nelson Glueck wrote that:

"It may be stated categorically that no archaeological discovery has ever controverted a Biblical reference.  Scores of archaeological findings have been made which confirm in clear outline or exact detail historical statements in the Bible.  And by the same token, proper evaluation of Biblical descriptions has often led to amazing discoveries."

Dr. Joseph P. Free also corroborated this by saying:

"Archaeology has confirmed countless passages which have been rejected by critics as unhistorical or contradictory to known facts . . . Yet archaeological discoveries have shown that these critical charges . . . are wrong and that the Bible is trustworthy in the very statements which have been set aside as untrustworthy . . . We do not know of any cases where the Bible has been proved wrong."

"But how then shall the Scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?" -- Matthew 26:54

No denied the Hittite Empire or Egyptian kingdoms, the problem is over 5 million people travelled in a desert for 40yrs and yet let nothing behind, no marks, no manna, no pots, not tents, just left nothing!
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by thehomer: 9:41pm On Apr 08, 2011
@ OLAADEGBU

Have you run away from the questions I raised on leprosy and house purification based on your references?
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by thehomer: 9:46pm On Apr 08, 2011
Image123:

THEHOMER!
I said come to school o, i didn't say come and fight. Don't abuse my free scholarship. Sit down and learn like a good student before throwing up questions per sentence.
On your leprosy concerns, just curious, are you . ? Anyway sorry o, but i think this word 'tzaraath' may help you. Look it up on our 'beloved' wiki. The biblical cure for leprosy is faith in God. God cured Naaman, Moses, Miriam, and the lepers in the new testament. Like i'll advise you, try to understand what you read in the Bible, and have the right perspective, not some wrong preconceived notion.

A great man had this philosophy of refusing his teachers teaching him nonsense. I too share this sentiment. Many of us learn from asking questions and also teach others by asking questions.
So a house can have he same infections as a human being? Wow. This just gets funnier and funnier. So what's the medical equivalent of this tzaraath?
Why are you too evading the biblically prescribed treatment of leprosy.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by thehomer: 9:48pm On Apr 08, 2011
Kay 17:

Its like skeptics and enemies of Christianity are categorized as evolutionists?!
. . . .

Of course. People are also accused of being atheists too if they do not literally accept all the words of the Bible.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:04pm On Apr 08, 2011
thehomer:

@ OLAADEGBU

Have you run away from the questions I raised on leprosy and house purification based on your references?

It seems that image123's sponsorship is being wasted as you refuse to learn. Let me remind you of the answer to your question that you've forgotten.

OLAADEGBU:

Only if down through the ages, biblical principles had been adhered to during epidemics such as the Black plague, millions of lives would have been saved.  Long before man understood the principles of quarantine, the Bible spoke of the importance of isolating those who had a contagious disease and of disinfecting their houses.  To update your biblical knowledge read the book of Leviticus chapter 13 and 14 if you will learn.

Image123 even came to your rescue here by giving you good advise.

Image123:

THEHOMER!

You may assert that the miraculous healings cannot happen based on known natural laws but who said that natural laws are the limit of what is possible?  The biblical God is not bound by natural laws.  Since the Bible is indeed correct about the nature of God, then there is no problem at all in God healing leprosy like image123 stated above.  An infinitely powerful, all knowing God can do anything that is rationally possible.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Image123(m): 11:43pm On Apr 08, 2011
Also, thehomer, the biblical cure for leprosy has been clearly stated. If you have an extra cure that we don't know of, please show it. Lepers are dying.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by thehomer: 11:54pm On Apr 08, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

It seems that image123's sponsorship is being wasted as you refuse to learn. Let me remind you of the answer to your question that you've forgotten.

Image123 even came to your rescue here by giving you good advise.

You may assert that the miraculous healings cannot happen based on known natural laws but who said that natural laws are the limit of what is possible?  The biblical God is not bound by natural laws.  Since the Bible is indeed correct about the nature of God, then there is no problem at all in God healing leprosy like image123 stated above.  An infinitely powerful, all knowing God can do anything that is rationally possible.

So you're now ducking and dodging direct questions on leprosy and houses being infected by human diseases? Please stop running and face your Bible. I guess this infinitely powerful, all knowing God decided to heal leprosy by the usual animal sacrifice and blood spraying.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by thehomer: 11:58pm On Apr 08, 2011
Image123:

Also, thehomer, the biblical cure for leprosy has been clearly stated. If you have an extra cure that we don't know of, please show it. Lepers are dying.

Do you know what it advices you to do? According to the Bible, you're advised to kill some birds and spray their blood all over the place. Now tell me how does this cure leprosy?
By the way, leprosy has been successfully treated using a scientifically made drug called dapsone to be used in combination with some other drugs. So if you or anyone you know contracts leprosy, please go to your doctor and get a prescription for the drugs.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by mantraa: 12:30am On Apr 09, 2011
Science does not have all the answers yet, but its methods are revealing much more information than the gods of any religions ever have.
So many awe inspiring and enlightening discoveries about our universe have just recently been made.

Here is a link to a must see documentary about our journey of discovery to what we know today about our universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psHPx4YezdE

"Two-part documentary which deals with two of the deepest questions there are - what is everything, and what is nothing?
In two epic, surreal and mind-expanding films, Professor Jim Al-Khalili searches for an answer to these questions as he explores the true size and shape of the universe and delves into the amazing science behind apparent nothingness.

The first part, Everything, sees Professor Al-Khalili set out to discover what the universe might actually look like. The journey takes him from the distant past to the boundaries of the known universe. Along the way he charts the remarkable stories of the men and women who discovered the truth about the cosmos and investigates how our understanding of space has been shaped by both mathematics and astronomy."
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:05am On Apr 09, 2011
Earth Suspended in Space.

"He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing." -- Job 26:7. 

We can see that the Bible correctly noted that the earth is suspended in space, and this was written more than 3,000 years ago.  While ancient scientists thought that the earth is carried on the shoulders of Atlas or on the back of a giant turtle.  What has scientist discovered today? that the earth is suspended in space, this was a little bit late in coming.   The force of "gravity" is still not understood, and it is quite reasonable to believe that God Himself holds it in the assigned place in His creation just as Job noted.  Is the Bible fresher than tomorrow's discoveries?  You tell me.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Image123(m): 10:31am On Apr 09, 2011
thehomer:

Do you know what it advices you to do? According to the Bible, you're advised to kill some birds and spray their blood all over the place. Now tell me how does this cure leprosy?
By the way, leprosy has been successfully treated using a scientifically made drug called dapsone to be used in combination with some other drugs. So if you or anyone you know contracts leprosy, please go to your doctor and get a prescription for the drugs.
Please thehomer, can you quote where the Bible states the above as the cure for leprosy. You can quote it and make it bold. i've searched and didn't find it, pls i want to learn of this Bible cure you speak of, thank you.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:26am On Apr 09, 2011
devayid:

typical. ignore everything else and attack me.

Attack you? There's no attacking here. Tell us what wrung of the ladder you are at.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by mantraa: 11:40am On Apr 09, 2011
@olaadegbu
Did you watch the documentary?
It would be very interesting to hear your opinion on it.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:47am On Apr 09, 2011
mantraa:

@olaadegbu
Did you watch the documentary?
It would be very interesting to hear your opinion on it.

Did it discover the matter that caused the fireball to go bang?  In order to have a big bang, we need something (matter/energy) to go bang.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by thehomer: 11:52am On Apr 09, 2011
Image123:

Please thehomer, can you quote where the Bible states the above as the cure for leprosy. You can quote it and make it bold. i've searched and didn't find it, pls i want to learn of this Bible cure you speak of, thank you.

Check Leviticus 14: 1 - 32. You need to be more conversant with your Bible.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by mantraa: 7:06pm On Apr 09, 2011
@olaadegbu
If you watch the documentary it will answer a lot of the questions you have about the latest scientific discoveries relating to the origin and nature of the universe.

If you enjoy learning and educating yourself you should enjoy it.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:58am On Apr 10, 2011
The prophet Isaiah tells us that the earth is a sphere:

"It is He that sits upon the circle of the earth" (Isaiah 40:22). 

This is not a reference to a flat disk, as some skeptics maintain, but to a sphere.  Secular man discovered this 2,400 years later.  At a time when science believed that the earth was flat, it was the Scriptures that inspired Christopher Columbus to sail around the world.

"It was the Lord who put it into my mind . . . I could feel His hand upon me . . . There is no question the inspiration was from the Holy Spirit because He comforted me with rays of marvelous illumination from the Holy Scriptures. . . No one should fear to undertake any task in the name of our Saviour if it is just and if the intention is purely for His holy service.  The gospel must still be preached to so many lands in such a short time.  This is what convinces me." 

-- Christopher Columbus (from his diary, in reference to his discovery of "the New World"wink.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and lean not unto your own understanding." -- Proverbs 3:6
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 10, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

The prophet Isaiah tells us that the earth is a sphere:

"It is He that sits upon the circle of the earth" (Isaiah 40:22). 

This is not a reference to a flat disk, as some skeptics maintain, but to a sphere.  Secular man discovered this 2,400 years later.  At a time when science believed that the earth was flat, it was the Scriptures that inspired Christopher Columbus to sail around the world.

"It was the Lord who put it into my mind . . . I could feel His hand upon me . . . There is no question the inspiration was from the Holy Spirit because He comforted me with rays of marvelous illumination from the Holy Scriptures. . . No one should fear to undertake any task in the name of our Saviour if it is just and if the intention is purely for His holy service.  The gospel must still be preached to so many lands in such a short time.  This is what convinces me." 

-- Christopher Columbus (from his diary, in reference to his discovery of "the New World"wink.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and lean not unto your own understanding." -- Proverbs 3:6

Then god told him to enslave the population and watch his minions commit genocide. Then god helped him infect the natives with diseases.
This is what he wrote in his journal after meeting the Arawal indians.
"They ,  brought us parrots and balls of cotton and spears and many other things, which they exchanged for the glass beads and hawks' bells. They willingly traded everything they owned,  . They were well-built, with good bodies and handsome features,  They do not bear arms, and do not know them, for I showed them a sword, they took it by the edge and cut themselves out of ignorance. They have no iron. Their spears are made of cane,  . They would make fine servants,  With fifty men we could subjugate them all and make them do whatever we want."

Science acknowledges its errors and updates knowledge accordingly. That why the geocentric model was replaced by the heliocentric model and new (to us) discoveries are being made about the cosmos all the time.
Your bible inerrancy has already being disproved too many times to count, trying to turn a circle into a sphere is just another way to try to verify things written by an ancient scientifically ignorant society.  Your absurd ignorance and stubborness knows no bounds.

If your bible says in Isiah that the earth is a circle then what corners was it refering to when it said that there are four rivers flowing to the four corners of the earth. A square or a similar shape has four corners but I've yet to see a circle with a corner.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman & His Wife Lizzy Playing Table Tennis, Also Playing Football / Palm Sunday: Ugandans Hired A White Man To Play Jesus For Them / Missing Child From Winners Church Found Two Years After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.