Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,130 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Science Confirms The Bible - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Science Confirms The Bible (37770 Views)

Science Confirms Eucharistic Miracles / Science Confirms Life After Death! / Science Confirms The Bible - False (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Image123(m): 8:16pm On Apr 10, 2011
@thehomer
Thanks for the Bible reference. I've read Leviticus 14, i didn't see anywhere where there's a cure for leprosy. Kindly paste and bold the particular verse if it truly exists, thank you again.
@martian
So you were not in geography class in ss1. Every tom and harry seems to now be aware of the four corners of the earth. You need an update fast, get essential geography 1.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by thehomer: 9:44pm On Apr 10, 2011
Image123:

@thehomer
Thanks for the Bible reference. I've read Leviticus 14, i didn't see anywhere where there's a cure for leprosy. Kindly paste and bold the particular verse if it truly exists, thank you again.

King James Bible:
Leviticus 14

1And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

2This shall be the law of the leper in the day of his cleansing: He shall be brought unto the priest:

3And the priest shall go forth out of the camp; and the priest shall look, and, behold, if the plague of leprosy be healed in the leper;

4Then shall the priest command to take for him that is to be cleansed two birds alive and clean, and cedar wood, and scarlet, and hyssop:

5And the priest shall command that one of the birds be killed in an earthen vessel over running water:

6As for the living bird, he shall take it, and the cedar wood, and the scarlet, and the hyssop, and shall dip them and the living bird in the blood of the bird that was killed over the running water:

7And he shall sprinkle upon him that is to be cleansed from the leprosy seven times, and shall pronounce him clean, and shall let the living bird loose into the open field.

8And he that is to be cleansed shall wash his clothes, and shave off all his hair, and wash himself in water, that he may be clean: and after that he shall come into the camp, and shall tarry abroad out of his tent seven days.

9But it shall be on the seventh day, that he shall shave all his hair off his head and his beard and his eyebrows, even all his hair he shall shave off: and he shall wash his clothes, also he shall wash his flesh in water, and he shall be clean.

10And on the eighth day he shall take two he lambs without blemish, and one ewe lamb of the first year without blemish, and three tenth deals of fine flour for a meat offering, mingled with oil, and one log of oil.

11And the priest that maketh him clean shall present the man that is to be made clean, and those things, before the LORD, at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation:

12And the priest shall take one he lamb, and offer him for a trespass offering, and the log of oil, and wave them for a wave offering before the LORD:

13And he shall slay the lamb in the place where he shall kill the sin offering and the burnt offering, in the holy place: for as the sin offering is the priest's, so is the trespass offering: it is most holy:

14And the priest shall take some of the blood of the trespass offering, and the priest shall put it upon the tip of the right ear of him that is to be cleansed, and upon the thumb of his right hand, and upon the great toe of his right foot:

15And the priest shall take some of the log of oil, and pour it into the palm of his own left hand:

16And the priest shall dip his right finger in the oil that is in his left hand, and shall sprinkle of the oil with his finger seven times before the LORD:

17And of the rest of the oil that is in his hand shall the priest put upon the tip of the right ear of him that is to be cleansed, and upon the thumb of his right hand, and upon the great toe of his right foot, upon the blood of the trespass offering:

18And the remnant of the oil that is in the priest's hand he shall pour upon the head of him that is to be cleansed: and the priest shall make an atonement for him before the LORD.

19And the priest shall offer the sin offering, and make an atonement for him that is to be cleansed from his uncleanness; and afterward he shall kill the burnt offering:

20And the priest shall offer the burnt offering and the meat offering upon the altar: and the priest shall make an atonement for him, and he shall be clean.

21And if he be poor, and cannot get so much; then he shall take one lamb for a trespass offering to be waved, to make an atonement for him, and one tenth deal of fine flour mingled with oil for a meat offering, and a log of oil;

22And two turtledoves, or two young pigeons, such as he is able to get; and the one shall be a sin offering, and the other a burnt offering.

23And he shall bring them on the eighth day for his cleansing unto the priest, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, before the LORD.

24And the priest shall take the lamb of the trespass offering, and the log of oil, and the priest shall wave them for a wave offering before the LORD:

25And he shall kill the lamb of the trespass offering, and the priest shall take some of the blood of the trespass offering, and put it upon the tip of the right ear of him that is to be cleansed, and upon the thumb of his right hand, and upon the great toe of his right foot:

26And the priest shall pour of the oil into the palm of his own left hand:

27And the priest shall sprinkle with his right finger some of the oil that is in his left hand seven times before the LORD:

28And the priest shall put of the oil that is in his hand upon the tip of the right ear of him that is to be cleansed, and upon the thumb of his right hand, and upon the great toe of his right foot, upon the place of the blood of the trespass offering:

29And the rest of the oil that is in the priest's hand he shall put upon the head of him that is to be cleansed, to make an atonement for him before the LORD.

30And he shall offer the one of the turtledoves, or of the young pigeons, such as he can get;

31Even such as he is able to get, the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering, with the meat offering: and the priest shall make an atonement for him that is to be cleansed before the LORD.

32This is the law of him in whom is the plague of leprosy, whose hand is not able to get that which pertaineth to his cleansing.

What do you understand from this reference?

Image123:

@martian
So you were not in geography class in ss1. Every tom and harry seems to now be aware of the four corners of the earth. You need an update fast, get essential geography 1.

Four corners of the earth? Please what are the coordinates for two of the diagonals of this quadrilateral?
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Image123(m): 10:42pm On Apr 10, 2011
thehomer:

What do you understand from this reference?

Four corners of the earth? Please what are the coordinates for two of the diagonals of this quadrilateral?
I dey laugh in A.Us, Kindly paste and bold the particular verse if it truly exists, thank you again.
Why do you choose to take 'the fall' for martian, is he your 'bro'? Don't disappoint me further. Update yourself on wiki, check 4 cardinal points, thank you.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by thehomer: 11:40pm On Apr 10, 2011
Image123:

I dey laugh in A.Us, Kindly paste and bold the particular verse if it truly exists, thank you again.

Please take the time and read it. It's what the ritual is about. If you disagree, then please tell me what you understood from the passage because the entire passage deals with leprosy treatment and I see no need to present the entire passage in bold.

Image123:

Why do you choose to take 'the fall' for martian, is he your 'bro'? Don't disappoint me further. Update yourself on wiki, check 4 cardinal points, thank you.

The four cardinal points do not refer to corners. If you think they do, please present the coordinates.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Enigma(m): 11:54pm On Apr 10, 2011
Irrespective of thread title but on narrow issue of "Leprosy"

Image123:

THEHOMER!
I said come to school o, i didn't say come and fight. Don't abuse my free scholarship. Sit down and learn like a good student before throwing up questions per sentence.
On your leprosy concerns, just curious, are you . ? Anyway sorry o, but i think this word 'tzaraath' may help you. Look it up on our 'beloved' wiki. The biblical cure for leprosy is faith in God. God cured Naaman, Moses, Miriam, and the lepers in the new testament. Like i'll advise you, try to understand what you read in the Bible, and have the right perspective, not some wrong preconceived notion.

Is "tzaraath" in Leviticus the same as "Leprosy"

Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tzaraath

Tzaraath (Hebrew צרעת, and numerous variants of English transliteration, including tzaraas, tzaraat, tsaraas and tsaraat) is a disfigurative condition referred to in chapters 13-14 of Leviticus. Tzaraath affects both animate as well as inanimate objects; the Torah discusses tzaraath that afflicts humans, clothing and houses. As there are no terms synonymous with tzaraath in other languages, the Septuagint, the first translation of Mikra intended for Gentiles, gave a translation of lepra and has been consequently translated as leprosy (with which lepra is cognate) by most Christian Bibles. Some suggest that any connection between tzaraath and leprosy is altogether erroneous, because tzaraas affects not only people, but also clothing and houses.

The linguistic root of tzaraath means "smiting", in reference to a Talmudical explanation that it serves as a punishment for sin;[1] it is quite possible that tzaraath was a general term for certain types of skin disease, rather than a particular condition,[2] and the Talmud maintains a similar view, arguing that tzaraath referred generally to any disease that produces sores and eruptions on the skin. . . . . . . .

Simples for goodness' sake!
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Nobody: 1:39am On Apr 11, 2011
Tzaraath (Hebrew צרעת, and numerous variants of English transliteration, including tzaraas, tzaraat, tsaraas and tsaraat) is a disfigurative condition referred to in chapters 13-14 of Leviticus. Tzaraath affects both animate as well as inanimate objects; the Torah discusses tzaraath that afflicts humans, clothing and houses. As there are no terms synonymous with tzaraath in other languages, the Septuagint, the first translation of Mikra intended for Gentiles, gave a translation of lepra and has been consequently translated as leprosy (with which lepra is cognate) by most Christian Bibles. Some suggest that any connection between tzaraath and leprosy is altogether erroneous, because tzaraas affects not only people, but also clothing and houses.

The linguistic root of tzaraath means "smiting", in reference to a Talmudical explanation that it serves as a punishment for sin;[1] it is quite possible that tzaraath was a general term for certain types of skin disease, rather than a particular condition,[2] and the Talmud maintains a similar view, arguing that tzaraath referred generally to any disease that produces sores and eruptions on the skin. . . . . . . .

If faith could cure herpes, it would certainly be a first.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by thehomer: 3:55am On Apr 11, 2011
Enigma:

Irrespective of thread title but on narrow issue of "Leprosy"

Is "tzaraath" in Leviticus the same as "Leprosy"

Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tzaraath

Simples for goodness' sake!

Still no good. What disease is this that affects houses, clothes and humans that needs to be treated by playing with animal blood?
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Nobody: 4:20am On Apr 11, 2011
Image123:

@martian

Yeah, four cardinal points of the earth are actually "corners" and a circle is also a sphere.

Matthew 4:8-9
The devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee.

So tell me savant, can you see all the "kingdoms" of the world from Mt Everest? Maybe the devil took him to the top of a hill and showed him a 30mile radius and called it the whole world.

Since the world is flat, the above bible verse is right! Once again proving the inerrant nature of the bible. F#ck science, lets disregard knowledge and years of study, everything we need is in the bible. Check the book of revelations, it even talks about the International Space Station and humanity eventual visit to Mars.
Ok, it actually doesnt say that, but you can interpret it anyway you like and you'll surely find a reference to the ISS.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:49pm On Apr 11, 2011
The Bible says:

"He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knows his going down"  -- Psalm 104:19 (The Evidence Bible)

God created the "lights" in the heavens "for signs, and for seasons, and for days and years" -- Genesis 1:14 (The Evidence Bible).  

We can now see and understand through the marvels of astronomy that a year is the time required for the earth to travel once around the sun.  The seasons are caused by the changing position of the earth in relation to the sun. 

This is what the Worldbook Multimedia Encyclopedia wrote:

"astronomers can tell exactly from the earth's motion around the sun when one season ends and the next one begins." 

We also now understand that a "month [is] the time of one revolution of the moon around the earth with respect to the sun"  -- Encyclopedia Britannica

How could Moses have known 3,500 years ago that the "lights" of the sun and moon were the actual determining factors of the year's length, unless his words were inspired by God?
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Sweetnecta: 7:45pm On Apr 11, 2011
^^^^^^ without intending to critic the 'light and season' statement above, if you believe that Moses was inspired by his Creator, aren't you therefore against God when you abolish what Moses had been given, and say Jesus is the only way?

was Moses not the way in his time?
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Image123(m): 8:16pm On Apr 11, 2011
thehomer:

Please take the time and read it. It's what the ritual is about. If you disagree, then please tell me what you understood from the passage because the entire passage deals with leprosy treatment and I see no need to present the entire passage in bold.

The four cardinal points do not refer to corners. If you think they do, please present the coordinates.
I still dey laugh o, i wan enter light years. PLEASE, bold that verse that says this is the cure/treatment for leprosy, thank you. May God deliver you from pride.
This is an embarrassment to our education system. Are you telling me that you can't comprehend that passage in Isaiah that so clearly speaks of the north,south, east and west as the four corners of the earth? You need God more than i first thought.
@enigma
You dey mind unbelievers? Nothing is simple until the G.O of atheists say so.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by thehomer: 8:25pm On Apr 11, 2011
Image123:

I still dey laugh o, i wan enter light years. PLEASE, bold that verse that says this is the cure/treatment for leprosy, thank you. May God deliver you from pride.
This is an embarrassment to our education system. Are you telling me that you can't comprehend that passage in Isaiah that so clearly speaks of the north,south, east and west as the four corners of the earth? You need God more than i first thought.
@enigma
You dey mind unbelievers? Nothing is simple until the G.O of atheists say so.

My my. Please tell me. Were you able to read the Bible quote? If you were, please tell me what you understand the passage is about. I already explained to you that there would be no need placing the entire quote in bold. Tell me is it written anywhere in the Bible that one must not keep slaves? If you have poor reading comprehension, then I'll simply have to leave you to it.
North, South, East and West are corners of the Earth? My goodness you need to go back to your geography text. This is embarrassing.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Image123(m): 8:57pm On Apr 11, 2011
@martian
Oui, four cardinal points are actually four corners. Even the 'uneducated' people that isaiah wrote to knew what he communicated. It's a shame on you in your attempt to twist the Bible to say that the earth is flat shaped. When it clearly said circle. You can't spin that one you say circle different from sphere. Is the earth a sphere? Does matthew tell you that the earth is flat? One doesn't have to be savant to know ss1 geography. You just have to be serious and stay in class. That the passage says devil shows Him the kingdomS of the earth and their glory, it shows it was a vision. He could as well have been shown in the valley or wilderness. Nebuchadnezar was shown the kingdoms on his bed. Stop trying to force your dreams into scripture.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Image123(m): 9:10pm On Apr 11, 2011
@thehomer
you want to explain leviticus to you, ah ah ah ah, i won't. Your pride will hinder you. PLEASE bold a verse there that says cure or treatment for leprosy, thanks again in advance.
Don't worry, i've not 4gotten our other thread, don't divert from this important subject of leprosy that affects you. i know you're troubled, relax, relax, God is in control.
Can you kindly quote that passage in the Bible that talks bout four corners?
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by thehomer: 9:35pm On Apr 11, 2011
Image123:

@thehomer
you want to explain leviticus to you, ah ah ah ah, i won't. Your pride will hinder you. PLEASE bold a verse there that says cure or treatment for leprosy, thanks again in advance.
Don't worry, i've not 4gotten our other thread, don't divert from this important subject of leprosy that affects you. i know you're troubled, relax, relax, God is in control.
Can you kindly quote that passage in the Bible that talks bout four corners?

I've pointed out to you more than once that the entire verse is about leprosy so I don't have to present the entire thing in bold. If you're unable to understand this, then I'll simply conclude that you either really do not know or you simply wish to waste time trying to be evasive.
No not Leviticus just the short passage I presented to you.
No I won't do that until we resolve this because you are setting a bad precedent with what you're attempting to do here. Besides, you need to go and study your Bible properly. I shouldn't be the one pointing out to you things in your Bible that you should know.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by particles: 10:52pm On Apr 11, 2011
Can anyone, I mean ANYONE, please tell me how science confirms the most essential part of the Bible, the existence of the judeo-christian god? I can't believe that my fellow Nigerians are so backwards. We are capable of so much, yet religion holds us all back from rational thinking.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:55pm On Apr 11, 2011
@Image123,

You can clearly see that these atheist evolutionists have no clue of what real science is all about. What they are best known for is what we call pseudo science, i.e., science falsely called. We don't even need to be a scientist to understand that the 4 corners of the earth simply refers to the four corners of the earth, which means the directions of North, South, West and East.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:57pm On Apr 11, 2011
particles:

Can anyone, I mean ANYONE, please tell me how science confirms the most essential part of the Bible, the existence of the judeo-christian god? I can't believe that my fellow Nigerians are so backwards. We are capable of so much, yet religion holds us all back from rational thinking.

If you can tell me how this universe originated, that is, what was the cause of this universe, then I will tell you how science confirms the existence of the Judeo-Christian God.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Sweetnecta: 11:08pm On Apr 11, 2011
^^^^^^ The jews say their God is One. The christians say their God is Three in One or One in Three.

Christians say Jesus is one of the Three.

The jews say Jesus is no God, since God is Always Invisible among other Absolute Qualities He has.

Olaadegbu, how is the judeo-christian God working for you and rabbi benjamin nathanyahu?

Trinity is no jewish God.

Trinity is christian God.

how can you say with straight face that your christian God is same with jewish God?
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by particles: 11:11pm On Apr 11, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

If you can tell me how this universe originated, that is, what was the cause of this universe, then I will tell you how science confirms the existence of the Judeo-Christian God.
No one at the moment is able to tell you, with absolute certainty, how the universe originated.  That is irrelevant to the question.  The burden of proof as to whether or not God exists falls on the claims maker and not on the person that rejects it.  Just because no one has the answer to the origin of the universe, doesn't mean that it gives more validity to the existence of God.
So please, answer the question.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by particles: 11:16pm On Apr 11, 2011
Sweetnecta:

how can you say with straight face that your christian God is same with jewish God?
When I said judeo-christian god, I meant the god of the old and new testament. In other words, the god as mentioned in the Bible. I believe that is what Olaadegbu is referring to.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by particles: 11:33pm On Apr 11, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

@Image123,

You can clearly see that these atheist evolutionists have no clue of what real science is all about.  What they are best known for is what we call pseudo science, i.e., science falsely called.  We don't even need to be a scientist to understand that the 4 corners of the earth simply refers to the four corners of the earth, which means the directions of North, South, West and East.
An evolutionist has no clue what real science is all about,
The most widely agreed conclusions about evolution are the BEST examples of what science is all about.  Evolutionary biologists conform to real science, the same science that is responsible for the medicine that you take to STAY ALIVE.
And I love how you clumped the words "atheist" and "evolutionists" together to add a negative connotation to both of them. Atheism is basically the rejection of the claim that a god exists based on a lack of evidence.
But since we are on the topic, please demonstrate to anyone here how the four corners referred to in the Bible mean North, South, East, and West (scientifically).
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Sweetnecta: 11:36pm On Apr 11, 2011
@particles^^^^ OT says an Invisible God.

NT says Jesus, Ghost and Father are God[s].

Which one is the correct God concept, since neither truly accepts the other?

For sure, the OT annihilates the concept of Jesus being God, if i may say so without any reservation that i may be proven wrong.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by particles: 11:45pm On Apr 11, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@particles^^^^ OT says an Invisible God.

NT says Jesus, Ghost and Father are God[s].

Which one is the correct God concept, since neither truly accepts the other?

For sure, the OT annihilates the concept of Jesus being God, if i may say so without any reservation that i may be proven wrong.

I am an atheist, so I do not believe in any gods.
The Bible is full of contradictions, this being one of them
for example:

Is Jesus equal to or lesser than?
JOH 10:30 I and my Father are one.
JOH 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

The idea that god had to send himself (or his son, depending on your interpretation) to be sacrificed in order to forgive the sins of humanity is absurd.  If god is all powerful, why couldn't he just skip that step and just forgive us all for our sins?
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:11am On Apr 12, 2011
particles:

No one at the moment is able to tell you, with absolute certainty, how the universe originated.  That is irrelevant to the question. 

Please talk for yourself and your fellow evolutionists.  The fact that you don't know the answer doesn't mean no one knows the answer.

particles:

The burden of proof as to whether or not God exists falls on the claims maker and not on the person that rejects it.  Just because no one has the answer to the origin of the universe, doesn't mean that it gives more validity to the existence of God.

If you don't know the answer as to the origin of the universe and yet the universe exists why would you jump to the conclusion with absolute certainty that God does not exist?  The onus is therefore on you to prove that God does not exist, don't you think?

particles:

So please, answer the question.

There is no need to prove God's existence because it is there for everyone to see but if you feel otherwise the onus is on you to prove He doesnt exist and I will gladly answer your question.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:22am On Apr 12, 2011
Sweetnecta:

^^^^^^ The jews say their God is One. The christians say their God is Three in One or One in Three.
Christians say Jesus is one of the Three.
The jews say Jesus is no God, since God is Always Invisible among other Absolute Qualities He has.
Olaadegbu, how is the judeo-christian God working for you and rabbi benjamin nathanyahu?
Trinity is no jewish God.
Trinity is christian God.

Let me show you how science confirms the trinity of God.  The Judeo-Christian God is like a triangle that is one figure yet has three different sides (or corners) at the same time.  So there is a simultaneous threeness and oneness.  Of course, no analogy is perfect since in every analogy there is a similarity and a difference.  The difference here is that "sides" or "corners" are not persons.  Nonetheless, the triangle does illustrate how there can be threeness and oneness at the same time.  While there is one God, there are three persons within the One God.

1 Like

Re: Science Confirms The Bible by particles: 12:36am On Apr 12, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Please talk for yourself and your fellow evolutionists.  The fact that you don't know the answer doesn't mean no one knows the answer.
Evolution has nothing to do with the origin of the universe.  Evolution is the change of organisms over time.  I can confidently say that no one, with demonstrable evidence, knows the exact origins of the universe at the moment.  

OLAADEGBU:

If you don't know the answer as to the origin of the universe and yet the universe exists why would you jump to the conclusion with absolute certainty that God does not exist?  The onus is therefore on you to prove that God does not exist, don't you think?
My lack of belief in any god has nothing to do with whether or not I know the answer to the origin of the universe.  Atheism is a rejection of the claim that a god exists.  This rejection is based on the fact that there is no demonstrable evidence that a particular god exists.  I never said with absolute certainty that god does not exist nor do i claim that.  Therefore in this case the claims maker has the burden of proof, not me (the claim rejector).  
For example, if I told you that I am the richest man in the world, what would be the default position to take? It would be to reject the claim that I have made until I can demonstrate that I had more money than anyone else.  

OLAADEGBU:

There is no need to prove God's existence because it is there for everyone to see but if you feel otherwise the onus is on you to prove He doesnt exist and I will gladly answer your question.
What is exactly there for everyone to see? What have the 5 billion non-christian in the wold have failed to see? I think at this point it is fair to say that you are making the claim that god exists.  As the claims maker it is your responsibility to demonstrate that and not mine.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by particles: 12:42am On Apr 12, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Let me show you how science confirms the trinity of God.  The Judeo-Christian God is like a triangle that is one figure yet has three different sides (or corners) at the same time.  So there is a simultaneous threeness and oneness.  Of course, no analogy is perfect since in every analogy there is a similarity and a difference.  The difference here is that "sides" or "corners" are not persons.  Nonetheless, the triangle does illustrate how there can be threeness and oneness at the same time.  While there is one God, there are three persons within the One God.

This is not science. Please demonstrate this with a testable explanation following the scientific method.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:43am On Apr 12, 2011
particles:

An evolutionist has no clue what real science is all about,
The most widely agreed conclusions about evolution are the BEST examples of what science is all about. Evolutionary biologists conform to real science, the same science that is responsible for the medicine that you take to STAY ALIVE.
And I love how you clumped the words "atheist" and "evolutionists" together to add a negative connotation to both of them. Atheism is basically the rejection of the claim that a god exists based on a lack of evidence.
But since we are on the topic, please demonstrate to anyone here how the four corners referred to in the Bible mean North, South, East, and West (scientifically).

Yeah, right. grin grin grin And what is your evidence? What is the foundation of the evolutionary worldview and what is the origin of life?

Re: Science Confirms The Bible by particles: 12:58am On Apr 12, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Yeah, right. grin grin grin  And what is your evidence?  What is the foundation of the evolutionary worldview and what is the origin of life?

[img width=500 height=500]http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/media/cartoons/after-eden/20090109.gif[/img]
There is mountains of evidence for evolution
Here are some writings on the evidence:
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/evolution-research.html
and wikipedia has compiled evidence (with links for verification at the bottom)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_common_descent

Evolution is a fact.  Evolution is a scientific (a word you do not seem to understand) explanation on how organisms change over time (for example how both modern day humans and chimpanzees evolved from a common ancestor).  It is not a worldview and it does not give an explanation on the origin of life, just how life has changed over time.  My atheism has nothing to do with be accepting that evolution is a fact. I am an evolutionist because I adhere to the theory of evolution.

Also, you can be a christian and also accept evolution  tongue
So please, stop comparing evolution to christianity as if both are at the same level of validity and both are worldviews.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Image123(m): 1:04am On Apr 12, 2011
@olaadegbu
i'm seeing things oh my brother. i still do pray that God will not give them up, but open their eyes to the Light.
1Timothy 6:20  O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Timothy 6:21  Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

May God's grace continue to be with you, and keep you from erring. Amen.

@thehomer
I've pointed out to you more than once that the entire verse is about leprosy so I don't have to present the entire thing in bold. If you're unable to understand this, then I'll simply conclude that you either really do not know or you simply wish to waste time trying to be evasive.
Ofcourse, i know that Leviticus 13 &14 talk about leprosy. The question is "where does it point to the cure/treatment?" You asked for the biblical cure for leprosy, and i showed you that it is faith in God, i gave you examples in the New testament and Old testament. You said NO, the cure is in Leviticus, Okay show us this cure.
No not Leviticus just the short passage I presented to you.
Highlight, color, bolden the verse or part that says this is the cure/treatment for leprosy, or that says "do this and your leprosy will be cured". You can't show it because it's not there. Be humble enough to accept that you were wrong.
No I won't do that until we resolve this because you are setting a bad precedent with what you're attempting to do here. Besides, you need to go and study your Bible properly. I shouldn't be the one pointing out to you things in your Bible that you should know.
i know the place/S. i want to be sure if you know the place, or have read the place. If you can explain what the place means.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:19am On Apr 12, 2011
particles:

This is not science. Please demonstrate this with a testable explanation following the scientific method.

Let me give you a more advanced explanation of how science confirms the doctrine of the trinity using C.S. Lewis's explanation:

I will be using a helpful analogy by C.S. Lewis a former atheist who had come to the saving knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, in his book called Mere Christianity.

"You know that in space you can move in three ways – to left or right, backwards or forwards, up or down. Every direction is either one of these three or a compromise between them. They are called the three Dimensions. Now notice this. If you are using only one dimension, you could draw only a straight line. If you are using two, you could draw a figure: say, a square. And a square is made up of four straight lines. Now a step further. If you have three dimensions, you can then build what we call a solid body: say, a cube – a thing like a dice or a lump of sugar. And a cube is made up of six squares.

Do you see the point? A world of one dimension would be a straight line. In a two dimensional world, you still get straight lines, but many lines make one figure. In a three dimensional world, you still get figures but many figures make one solid body. In other words, as you advance to more real and more complicated levels, you do not leave behind you the things you found on the simpler levels: you still have them, but combined in new ways - in ways you could not imagine if you knew only the simpler levels.

Now the Christian account of God involves just the same principle. The human level is a simple level and rather empty level. On the human level one person is one being, and any two persons are two separate beings – just as, in two dimensions (say on a flat sheet of paper) one square is one figure, and any two squares are two separate figures. On the Divine level you still find personalities; but up there you find them combined in new ways which we, who do not live on that level, cannot imagine. In God’s dimension, so to speak, you find a being who is three Persons while remaining one Being, just as a cube is six squares while remaining one cube. Of course we cannot fully conceive a Being like that: just as, if we were so made that we perceived only two dimensions in space we could never properly imagine a cube. But we can get a sort of faint notion of it. And when we do, we are then, for the first time in our lives, getting some positive idea, however faint, of something super-personal – something more than a person. It is something we could never have guessed, and yet, once we have been told, one almost feels one ought to have been able to guess it because it fits in so well with all the things we know already.

You may ask, ‘If we cannot imagine a three-personal Being, what is the good of talking about Him. The thing that matters is being actually drawn into that three-personal life, and that may begin any time – tonight, if you like
."

I will not be surprised if this goes above your head knowing that you may struggle to comprehend this simple analogy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Missing Child From Winners Church Found Two Years After / Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men / Meet Grace Ojewande, 56-Year-Old Virgin Married To Prophet Samuel Abiara (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.