Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Science Confirms The Bible - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Science Confirms The Bible (37767 Views)

Science Confirms Eucharistic Miracles / Science Confirms Life After Death! / Science Confirms The Bible - False (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Science Confirms The Bible by harakiri(m): 2:09am On Apr 19, 2011
mantraa:

A light year is the distance that light travels in a year at a constant speed of 186000 miles per second. I know that a light year is a measure of distance. A light year is 5,865,696,000,000 miles. 
The closest star to Earth (besides our sun) is something like 24,000,000,000,000 miles ( 4 light years ) away. That's the closest star. There are stars that are billions of times farther away than that. When you start talking about those kinds of distances, a mile or kilometer just isn't a practical unit to use because the numbers get too big. No one wants to write or talk about numbers that have 20 digits in them! Thats why it is much more convenient to use the term light years to measure these immense distances.

However, using a light year as a distance measurement has another advantage -- it helps you determine age. Let's say that a star is 1 million light years away. Thats 1 million x 5,865,696,000,000 miles away. The light from that star has traveled at the speed of light (5,865,696,000,000 miles per year) to reach us. Therefore, it has taken the star's light 1 million years to get here, and the light we are seeing left the star 1 million years ago. So the star we are seeing is really how the star looked a million years ago, not how it looks today. In the same way, our sun is 8 or so light minutes away. If the sun were to suddenly explode right now, we wouldn't know about it for eight minutes because that is how long it would take for the light of the explosion to get here.

Light does not travel instantly across the universe. It has a constant velocity of 186000 miles per second. So if the universe was created only 6000 years ago as you claim then the light from stars and galaxies further than 6000 light years away (6000 x 5,865,696,000,000 miles) would not have reached us yet.

The fact that we can see galaxies that are 13 billion light years away means that they are 13 billion x 5,865,696,000,000 miles away and the light from them have been travelling for 13 billion years to reach us. We are seeing them as they were 13 billion years ago, just as when you look up at the sun you are seeing it as it was eight minutes ago.

Do you understand now? I hope that i have explained it well enough for you.

You are wasting your time bantering back and forth with anyone who's brainwashed with religion. They would rather believe these unconfirmed stories than pay attention to what you're saying :

(1)That a man called Jonah was swallowed by a fish/whale and he lived/prayed in it's belly for THREE DAYS without getting chewed,shredded,crushed or digested in it's stomach. On top of that, there's no food,water or even AIR for him to breathe but still they believe this fallacy because a "white man" brought the good book to their fore fathers and "so therefore" it's unquestionable.

(2)That a man called Jesus fed 5,000 people with ONLY fives loaves of bread and two fish and on top of that, there were TEN BASKETS FILLED with left overs after they had eaten. I can personally eat three of those loaves and all the fish alone and you're talking about FIVE THOUSAND PEOPLE! ! ! Wetin sef? Una no go school? Una no know maths? This feat can only be possible if those bread loaves are as big as BRT buses and the fish were actually blue whales!

(3)That a man called Jesus turned water into wine. lipsrsealed

(4)That a man called Jesus brought to life a dead man (Lazarus) who had been dead for THREE DAYS and most definitely, his innards must been removed thus leaving the corpse without inner organs to avoid quick decomposition as is the custom of the Israelites. How did a man who had already had all his internal organs removed, was definitely stinking and decomposing come to life? I know. . .it's called a "miracle" which could be redefined as the irrational,illogical and incomprehensible explanation of an occurrence that is beyond the limited knowledge of the witnesses.

(5)The talking donkey of Balaam

(6)A man who actually "told" the sun to stand still

(7)The mathematical error in the book of lies that is supposed to be the "know it all" of all books. According to the goat herder's story, the world was created in 7 days. Two adults and two kids (Cain and Abel) were the first inhabitants. Cain killed Abel and that remains ONLY THREE original inhabitants and yet. . .Cain was driven to the land of Nod where he mixed with the people there (obviously another established civilization) and MARRIED THERE! Who were these people? Who did Cain marry?

How many do i mention? Noah? Jesus? Moses? Joseph? I can go on and on and on. They would rather believe all these because we believe the "white man" is always right and yet. . .we ridicule our own ancient bed time stories of evolution e.g Orunmila/Oduduwa coming down from the sky in a basket to establish civilization in Ile Ife, Sango, Amadioha and so on.

Who is deceiving who? Don't bother bantering with these people. Most are dullards who can't think independently. Watch out for the predictably negative replies that will follow this post of mine and you'll understand that a lot of people are so daft, they are beyond redemption.

Nuff said!
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:10pm On Apr 19, 2011
harakiri:

You are wasting your time bantering back and forth with anyone who's brainwashed with religion. They would rather believe these unconfirmed stories than pay attention to what you're saying :

I hope you are not also brainwashed by your religion of evolution because that will be committing intellectual harakiri tongue

harakiri:

(1)That a man called Jonah was swallowed by a fish/whale and he lived/prayed in it's belly for THREE DAYS without getting chewed,shredded,crushed or digested in it's stomach. On top of that, there's no food,water or even AIR for him to breathe but still they believe this fallacy because a "white man" brought the good book to their fore fathers and "so therefore" it's unquestionable.

This is what Jesus said to folks like you:

"But he answered and said to them, An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonah: For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.  The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and, behold, a greater than Jonah is here.." -- Matthew 12:39-40

harakiri:

(2)That a man called Jesus fed 5,000 people with ONLY fives loaves of bread and two fish and on top of that, there were TEN BASKETS FILLED with left overs after they had eaten. I can personally eat three of those loaves and all the fish alone and you're talking about FIVE THOUSAND PEOPLE! ! ! Wetin sef? Una no go school? Una no know maths? This feat can only be possible if those bread loaves are as big as BRT buses and the fish were actually blue whales!

(3)That a man called Jesus turned water into wine. lipsrsealed

This just goes to show that Jesus Christ not only created bread and fish that fed the multitude but created the universe including you and me.

harakiri:

(4)That a man called Jesus brought to life a dead man (Lazarus) who had been dead for THREE DAYS and most definitely, his innards must been removed thus leaving the corpse without inner organs to avoid quick decomposition as is the custom of the Israelites. How did a man who had already had all his internal organs removed, was definitely stinking and decomposing come to life? I know. . .it's called a "miracle" which could be redefined as the irrational,illogical and incomprehensible explanation of an occurrence that is beyond the limited knowledge of the witnesses.

Jesus did not only raise Lazarus from the dead He is the resurrection and the life who rose Himself up from the dead.

harakiri:

(5)The talking donkey of Balaam
(6)A man who actually "told" the sun to stand still

Even though the Bible makes some extraordinary claims, such claims are not illogical and they do not violate any laws of logic, they rather go beyond our everyday experiences and non of the are contradictory.  It is you that is using your subjective opinion of what you think is possible and being irrational by committing the logical fallacy known as "begging the question."  What is your evidence that the above things cannot happen?  Who said natural laws are the limit to what is possible?  The biblical God is not bound by natural laws.  Since the Bible is indeed correct about the nature of God, then you cannot say that He could not create the solar system in 6 days.  An infinitely powerful, all-knowing God can do anything that is rationally possible.

harakiri:

(7)The mathematical error in the book of lies that is supposed to be the "know it all" of all books. According to the goat herder's story, the world was created in 7 days. Two adults and two kids (Cain and Abel) were the first inhabitants. Cain killed Abel and that remains ONLY THREE original inhabitants and yet. . .Cain was driven to the land of Nod where he mixed with the people there (obviously another established civilization) and MARRIED THERE! Who were these people? Who did Cain marry?

Correction.  The cosmos was rather created in 6 days if you are to get your facts right.

"After he begot Seth, the days of Adam were eight hundred years; and he had sons and daughters" -- Genesis 5:4

Adam and Eve had many children.  Adam lived to be 930 years old, and Jewish tradition states that he had 33 sons and 23 daughters! shocked  Most people believe that Cain married his sister or his niece and the Bible does not tell us what her name was (She must be the most popular unknown woman). undecided  6,000 years ago close relatives could marry because they had to in order to start their own families.  Even Abraham married his half-sister.  We know that we can't do that anymore because of the effects of sin on our bodies and because God told Moses that people were not to marry close relatives from that time on.  Now when we marry, we marry someone not so closely related to us.

harakiri:

How many do i mention? Noah? Jesus? Moses? Joseph? I can go on and on and on. They would rather believe all these because we believe the "white man" is always right and yet. . .we ridicule our own ancient bed time stories of evolution e.g Orunmila/Oduduwa coming down from the sky in a basket to establish civilization in Ile Ife, Sango, Amadioha and so on.

You are free to believe your bedtime stories but the Bible is the history book of the universe which is confirmed by science.

harakiri:

Who is deceiving who? Don't bother bantering with these people. Most are dullards who can't think independently. Watch out for the predictably negative replies that will follow this post of mine and you'll understand that a lot of people are so daft, they are beyond redemption.

Nuff said!

Do you really think independent of the faulty ideologies your professors and teachers brainwash you with? undecided
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Kay17: 12:26pm On Apr 19, 2011
^^^ pls a little diversion, which kind of sins, is it the ones in the old testament or those in the new testament.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by IdiAmin2(m): 12:51pm On Apr 19, 2011
Stupid post. Science has never and will never confirm anything in the bible. Christians will go any length to try and prove their beliefs.
-if they find a piece of wood in the ocean, they will say it's from Noah's ark
-if they find a dead animal in the sea, they will say it's the remains of a horse from pharoah's chariots that drowned in the red sea.

None of the bible stories are original. They are copy and paste from older ancient texts.

I can take you to egypt today and show you the tombs and remains of the boy pharoah Tutankhamun - 4000 yers old
the remains of thutmoses III a black pharoah is there today - 4000 years old
Go to the valley of kings today and see evidense of kings who ruled 5000 years ago in Africa.

I will write a cheque for 1 million naira for anyone who can take me to the tomb/resting place of ONE person mentioned in the bible. From Genesis to Revelation - Adam, Eve, Isaiah, Obadiah,, Samson, Noah, King Nebukadnezar, Daniel, King Solomon, David, JESUS lipsrsealed, Peter, Paul, John etc etc etc. Just show me the resting place of 1 person and the money is yours. I know you not going to find it, so dont bother, you'll have been fooled with stories
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:59pm On Apr 19, 2011
Kay 17:

^^^ pls a little diversion, which kind of sins, is it the ones in the old testament or those in the new testament.

Can you be more specific about the kind of sins you mean?
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:10pm On Apr 19, 2011
Archaeology Confirms The Bible!

A hidden burial chamber, dating to the first century was discovered in 1990 two miles from the Temple Mount. One bore the bones of a man in his 60s, with the inscription "Yehosef bar Qayafa" -- meaning "Joseph, son of Caiaphas." Experts believe this was Caiaphas, the high priest of Jerusalem, who was involved in the arrest of Jesus, interrogated Him and handed Him over to Pontius Pilate for execution.

A few decades earlier, excavations at Caesarea Maritama, the ancient seat of Roman government in Judea, uncovered a stone slab whose complete inscription may have read: "Pontius Pilate, the prefect of Judea, has dedicated to the people of Caesarea a temple in honour of Tiberius."

The discovery is truly significant, establishing that the man depicted in the Gospels as Judea's Roman governor had the authority ascribed to him by the Gospel writers.

-- Jeffery L. Sheler, "Is the Bible True?" Reader's Digest, June 2000
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by IdiAmin2(m): 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Archaeology Confirms The Bible!

A hidden burial chamber, dating to the first century was discovered in 1990 two miles from the Temple Mount. One bore the bones of a man in his 60s, with the inscription "Yehosef bar Qayafa" -- meaning "Joseph, son of Caiaphas." Experts believe this was Caiaphas, the high priest of Jerusalem, who was involved in the arrest of Jesus, interrogated Him and handed Him over to Pontius Pilate for execution.

A few decades earlier, excavations at Caesarea Maritama, the ancient seat of Roman government in Judea, uncovered a stone slab whose complete inscription may have read: "Pontius Pilate, the prefect of Judea, has dedicated to the people of Caesarea a temple in honour of Tiberius."

The discovery is truly significant, establishing that the man depicted in the Gospels as Judea's Roman governor had the authority ascribed to him by the Gospel writers.

-- Jeffery L. Sheler, "Is the Bible True?" Reader's Digest, June 2000
Experts BELIEVE grin grin grin Let them keep believing, until they confirm it 100%. The pontius pilate tomb has been debunked as a fake. I guess you believe also in the Shroud of Turin is the linen cloth used to wrap the body of Jesus grin grin grin
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:45pm On Apr 19, 2011
Idi-Amin:

Experts BELIEVE grin grin grin Let them keep believing, until they confirm it 100%. The pontius pilate tomb has been debunked as a fake. I guess you believe also in the Shroud of Turin is the linen cloth used to wrap the body of Jesus grin grin grin

You may snare and scoff all you can but the onus is on you to disprove whatever findings you think is fake.  For the sake of those who are sincerely and diligently seeking for the truth the link below gives archaelogical evidence that supports the truth of the Bible.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/does-archaeology-support-the-bible
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:22pm On Apr 19, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Can you be more specific about the kind of sins you mean?

Sin is the transgression of God's Law.  Just as we have natural laws we also have Moral Laws and God is the Law giver who we are accountable to.  Below is a list of the Moral Law of God which also corresponds with our conscience and it is only us who are created by God that can sincerely answer whether we have broken them or not.  Sin is an action or thought that is in disobedience to God and we are accountable to Him.

Below is a check list of God's Moral Law, we can find out whether we have broken it or not:

Have I always loved God my Creator with all my heart, mind, soul and strength?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I made a god in my own image? a god to suit myself?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I ever used God's name in vain?   ____YES  ___NO
Have I kept the Sabbath holy?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I always honoured my parents implicitly?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I murdered (God considers hatred as murder)?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I committed adultery (including premarital sex and lust)?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I stolen (the value is irrelevant)?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I lied (including fibs and these questions)?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I coveted (been greedy or materialistic)?  ____YES  ___NO 

If you have even broken one Law, then you have sinned against God and therefore will "surely die," for the "wages of sin is death."  (Death is the separation from God, either temporary or permanently)

We are all guilty of breaking the Commandments.  Listen to the voice of your conscience, and let it remind you of some of the sins of the past.  We are not perfect as we are commanded to be (Matthew 5:48), neither is our heart pure.  On Judgment Day our transgressions will be the evidence of our shame.  Think of it: God has seen every sin we have ever committed.  We share our thought-life with Him.

We are guilty of violating His Law a multitude of times, yet if we repent, God can forgive us because Jesus stepped into the courtroom 2,000 years ago and paid the fine for us.  His death on the cross satisfied the Law we so blatantly transgressed, and at the same time demonstrated how much God loves us[i]—

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."[/i] 

His shed blood on the cross can make you clean in the sight of a holy God, as though you have never sinned.

God doesn't want you to go to Hell.  Please, forget your arguments, repent and put your trust in Jesus and be saved from God's wrath.  Make Psalm 51 your prayer, then read your Bible daily and always obey what you read; God will never let you down.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Kay17: 4:21pm On Apr 19, 2011
Like in the old testament, breaking Sabbath was a grave transgression of God's laws. So how does that affect our bodies?
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by thehomer: 9:24pm On Apr 19, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Sin is the transgression of God's Law.  Just as we have natural laws we also have Moral Laws and God is the Law giver who we are accountable to.  Below is a list of the Moral Law of God which also corresponds with our conscience and it is only us who are created by God that can sincerely answer whether we have broken them or not.  Sin is an action or thought that is in disobedience to God and we are accountable to Him.

Below is a check list of God's Moral Law, we can find out whether we have broken it or not:

Have I always loved God my Creator with all my heart, mind, soul and strength?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I made a god in my own image? a god to suit myself?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I ever used God's name in vain?   ____YES  ___NO
Have I kept the Sabbath holy?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I always honoured my parents implicitly?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I murdered (God considers hatred as murder)?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I committed adultery (including premarital sex and lust)?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I stolen (the value is irrelevant)?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I lied (including fibs and these questions)?  ____YES  ___NO 
Have I coveted (been greedy or materialistic)?  ____YES  ___NO 

If you have even broken one Law, then you have sinned against God and therefore will "surely die," for the "wages of sin is death."  (Death is the separation from God, either temporary or permanently)

We are all guilty of breaking the Commandments.  Listen to the voice of your conscience, and let it remind you of some of the sins of the past.  We are not perfect as we are commanded to be (Matthew 5:48), neither is our heart pure.  On Judgment Day our transgressions will be the evidence of our shame.  Think of it: God has seen every sin we have ever committed.  We share our thought-life with Him.

We are guilty of violating His Law a multitude of times, yet if we repent, God can forgive us because Jesus stepped into the courtroom 2,000 years ago and paid the fine for us.  His death on the cross satisfied the Law we so blatantly transgressed, and at the same time demonstrated how much God loves us[i]—

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."[/i] 

His shed blood on the cross can make you clean in the sight of a holy God, as though you have never sinned.

God doesn't want you to go to Hell.  Please, forget your arguments, repent and put your trust in Jesus and be saved from God's wrath.  Make Psalm 51 your prayer, then read your Bible daily and always obey what you read; God will never let you down.

I see you're back with your rubbish questions. Recall that you never answered them when I asked you after you clearly failed on some of them.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:04am On Apr 20, 2011
Kay 17:

Like in the old testament, breaking Sabbath was a grave transgression of God's laws. So how does that affect our bodies?

God made a covenant with the Israelites to keep the Sabbath day holy. Gentiles didn't have to keep this covenant but a better covenant through the blood of Jesus Christ makes us to go to the original reason why God rested on the 7th day and to sanctify that day. Christians choose the first day of the week as their Sabbath because that was the day of the resurrection of Jesus Christ which coincidently falls on the 1st day of creation. Even non Christians would do well to rest for at least one day if they don't want their bodies to breakdown. You cannot cheat nature except nature cheats you. Jesus made it clear that man is not made for Sabbath but the Sabbath is made for man. It is made for man to rest and Christians spend that day entering into the rest of God, that is, not only for physical rest but to recharge our spiritual batteries as we worship our Creator and Saviour. Read the link below for a better explanation on the sign of the Sabbath.

http://www.icr.org/article/2132/
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:32am On Apr 20, 2011
Sunlight Before the Sun

According to Scripture, God "created the heaven and the earth" on Day One of Creation Week (Genesis 1:1).  Initially all was dark, until God said, "Let there be light" (v. 3).  Days Two and Three saw the oceans, firmament (or atmosphere), continents, and plants formed, as the earth was being progressively prepared for man's habitation.  It was on Day Four that God created the sun, moon, and stars, proclaiming, "Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven" (v. 14), one purpose of which was "to give light upon the earth" (v. 15).

This light was directional, coming from a particular source.  The earth was evidently rotating underneath it, causing alternating periods of light and dark.  "And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night" (v. 5).

Skeptics have long ridiculed the science of biblical creation over this point.  How could there be light bathing the earth before the sun was created?  Obviously the Bible must be in error.  But as always, this apparent error drives us to look more closely at the relevant data, both scientific and biblical.

Actually there are many sources of light, not just the sun.  There are also many types of light, not just visible light.  Short-wave light includes ultraviolet light, X-rays, and others.  Long-wave light includes infrared light, radio waves, etc.  Light is produced by friction, by fire, by numerous chemical reactions, as well as the nuclear reactions of atomic fission and fusion, which is what we think is occurring in the sun.  God had at His fingertips many options to accomplish His purposes.  Light does not automatically require the sun.

Furthermore, we have important data given by the Hebrew words used in the creation account.  When God created "light" in verse 3, the word used connotes the presence of light only, while the word used for "lights" on Day Four is best translated "light bearers," or permanent light sources.  Their purpose was not only to give light, but to serve as timekeepers for man once he was created.  According to the best stellar creation theory now available, light from stars created anywhere in the universe on Day Four would reach earth in two earth days, and would be useful to Adam on Day Six.  (For more information, see Dr. Russell Humphrey's cosmology articles on www.icr.org.)

Keep in mind that the Creation Week was a uniquely miraculous time, and we are justified in speculating that miraculous events may have been taking place outside of today's natural laws.  Especially when we realize that "God is light" (1 John 1:5) Himself, thus no outside natural source is necessarily mandated.

For semi-creationists who claim that the "days" of Genesis 1 must have been long periods of time, a more serious problem arises.  Genesis plainly teaches that plants appeared on Day Three, and the sun on Day Four.  But plants need sunlight for photosynthesis and cannot wait in darkness for millions of years.  If the days were long epochs, as demanded by critics of a literal Creation Week, plants could not survive.

How much better and more satisfying it is to accept Scripture as it stands.  It doesn't need to be fully understood and explained by modern scientific thought; it just needs to be believed and obeyed.

For more . . . .
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 20, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Sunlight Before the Sun

According to Scripture, God "created the heaven and the earth" on Day One of Creation Week (Genesis 1:1).  Initially all was dark, until God said, "Let there be light" (v. 3).  Days Two and Three saw the oceans, firmament (or atmosphere), continents, and plants formed, as the earth was being progressively prepared for man's habitation.  It was on Day Four that God created the sun, moon, and stars, proclaiming, "Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven" (v. 14), one purpose of which was "to give light upon the earth" (v. 15).

This light was directional, coming from a particular source.  The earth was evidently rotating underneath it, causing alternating periods of light and dark.  "And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night" (v. 5).

Skeptics have long ridiculed the science of biblical creation over this point.  How could there be light bathing the earth before the sun was created?  Obviously the Bible must be in error.  But as always, this apparent error drives us to look more closely at the relevant data, both scientific and biblical.

Actually there are many sources of light, not just the sun.  There are also many types of light, not just visible light.  Short-wave light includes ultraviolet light, X-rays, and others.  Long-wave light includes infrared light, radio waves, etc.  Light is produced by friction, by fire, by numerous chemical reactions, as well as the nuclear reactions of atomic fission and fusion, which is what we think is occurring in the sun.  God had at His fingertips many options to accomplish His purposes.  Light does not automatically require the sun.

Furthermore, we have important data given by the Hebrew words used in the creation account.  When God created "light" in verse 3, the word used connotes the presence of light only, while the word used for "lights" on Day Four is best translated "light bearers," or permanent light sources.  Their purpose was not only to give light, but to serve as timekeepers for man once he was created.  According to the best stellar creation theory now available, light from stars created anywhere in the universe on Day Four would reach earth in two earth days, and would be useful to Adam on Day Six.  (For more information, see Dr. Russell Humphrey's cosmology articles on www.icr.org.)

Keep in mind that the Creation Week was a uniquely miraculous time, and we are justified in speculating that miraculous events may have been taking place outside of today's natural laws.  Especially when we realize that "God is light" (1 John 1:5) Himself, thus no outside natural source is necessarily mandated.

For semi-creationists who claim that the "days" of Genesis 1 must have been long periods of time, a more serious problem arises.  Genesis plainly teaches that plants appeared on Day Three, and the sun on Day Four.  But plants need sunlight for photosynthesis and cannot wait in darkness for millions of years.  If the days were long epochs, as demanded by critics of a literal Creation Week, plants could not survive.

How much better and more satisfying it is to accept Scripture as it stands.  It doesn't need to be fully understood and explained by modern scientific thought; it just needs to be believed and obeyed.

For more . . . .

Jesus f_cking christ on a cross, I know the John Morris guy has to protect the family's "creation business" but the mental gymnastics in this article is giving me a severe case of vertigo.

Morris has a B.S. in Civil Engineering from Virginia Tech (1969), a M.S., University of Oklahoma (1977), and a Ph.D., University of Oklahoma (1980) in Geological Engineering.[5]
Did he use biblical knowledge to get those degrees or did he use the knowledge gotten from years of research by scientists?

OLAADEGBU:

Sunlight Before the Sun

Now the earth is underneath the sun? If the earth  is underneath a source of light there can't be  alternate periods of light and dark unless the earth rotates forward or backwards. Observations do not support this!!!! WTF? This guy must know how dumb or gullible and WILLING to be deceived his audience is because there is no way he can be that ignorant!!!!!
His claim can only be true if the earth is flat  and the sun somehow finds a way to hide during the night.

all the wavelenght of light he mentioned are produced by the sun. All natural light in the universe are created by stars and the sun is just the closest star to us.

According to the best stellar creation theory now available, light from stars created anywhere in the universe on Day Four would reach earth in two earth days, and would be useful to Adam on Day Six.  (For more information, see Dr. Russell Humphrey's cosmology articles on www.icr.org.)

Who created that theory? Morris? I also see you don't have a problem with the word "THEORY" in this context. Its not because ypu agree with it,is it? I guess he must have calculated that light travels faster than the currently 183,000miles per second.
The light from stars are freaking useless to us but to gaze at, if we didnt have our sun,THERE WOULD BE NOTHING.

God is light[/color]"[/i][/size] (1 John 1:5) Himself, thus no outside natural source is necessarily mandated.

Oh, that makes sense. So god is light.

He admits that plants need sunlight, I guess "god the light" must have provided the means of photosynthesis on that first day. Also if the sun is meant to provide a way to tell time, how ddid three days pass without the sun regulating things.
Answer: the light emanating from this invisible magician.

How much better and more satisfying it is to accept Scripture as it stands. It doesn't need to be fully understood and explained by modern scientific thought; it just needs to be believed and obeyed.* Dr. Morris is President of the Institute for Creation Research.

F_ck it! lipsrsealed
Im beginning to really appreciate the wisdom of the founding founders who ensured the separation of church and state. This kind of thinking will be the end of human civilization.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:47pm On Apr 20, 2011
The Greatest Discovery! The Evidence Bible

Dr. James Simpson, born in 1811, was responsible for the discovery of chloroform's anaesthetic qualities, leading to its medical use worldwide.  He also laid a solid foundation for gynaecology and predicted the discovery of the X-ray.  Dr. Simpson was president of the Royal Medical Society and Royal Physician to the Queen, the highest medical position of his day.  He once stated:
"Christianity works because it is supremely true and therefore supremely livable.  There is nothing incompatible between religion and science."

And this explains Philipian 3:8 that says:

"Yes doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ."
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 20, 2011
If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people left.
@olaadegbu
Change the topic to SCIENCE CONTRADICTS THE BIBLE BUT THE BIBLE IS RIGHT ANYWAY! At least that makes more sense than the current one.  grin

I started out reading your threads for amusement, then amusement turned to disbelieve, then bewilderment. Now that I see how deeply committed you're  to this craziness, I'm just amazed.

It's like you just go full ret-rd every time your religion is being discussed. I hope there's at least  a little cognitive dissonance in your thought process, because if you never see the endless amount of contradictions in your worldview, people around you are bound to be affected in a detrimental way. You're like a cancer to humanity.

Evolution's stance is that we are in the same class or taxa as other primates. In essence, we are just bipedal apes with a relatively large brain size and vocal chords. Needless to say that's why some of humanity's actions are just plain old crazy.

Your threads and posts are all I need to accept evolution. You reason like someone with a defective gene that somehow makes the brain to permanently malfunction. Natural selection wasn't quite correct in your  case.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:28pm On Apr 20, 2011
Is this what you call intelligence?

Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:05pm On Apr 20, 2011
Starlight and the Age of the Universe

"To Him that made great lights: for His mercy endures for ever: The sun to rule by day: for His mercy endures for ever: The moon and stars to rule by night: for His mercy endures for ever." -- Psalm 136:7-9 (The Evidence Bible).

Since God made the sun, moon and stars "to give light upon the earth" (Genesis 1:14-18), those lights would be immediately visible on earth.  They fulfilled their purpose on the day God spoke them into being, because He "saw that it was good."  No doubt God also made Adam as a fully-grown man who probably looked like he was in his 30's, even though he was only a few minutes old.  Likewise, herbs and trees were already mature and fruit-bearing, to provide a ready supply of food.  That would be the case with all of His creation.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 20, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Is this what you call intelligence?

[img width=500 height=500]http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/media/cartoons/ltbt/let-there-be-truth-v3-n2.jpg[/img]

John Morris is the blond guy, you're the caveman behind him.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:37pm On Apr 20, 2011
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Kay17: 8:18pm On Apr 21, 2011
@olaadgu
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Kay17: 8:20pm On Apr 21, 2011
@OLAADEGU

If the distance between us in earth and some other planets in the universe is over a million light years away and we can see their light reflecting, isn't that proof that the universe or the earth is not a couple thousands old?
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:50pm On Apr 22, 2011
Kay 17:

@OLAADEGU

If the distance between us in earth and some other planets in the universe is over a million light years away and we can see their light reflecting, isn't that proof that the universe or the earth is not a couple thousands old?

I'll repost the answer to your question below in case you missed it.

OLAADEGBU:

Starlight and the Age of the Universe

"To Him that made great lights: for His mercy endures for ever: The sun to rule by day: for His mercy endures for ever: The moon and stars to rule by night: for His mercy endures for ever." -- Psalm 136:7-9 (The Evidence Bible).

Since God made the sun, moon and stars "to give light upon the earth" (Genesis 1:14-18), those lights would be immediately visible on earth.  They fulfilled their purpose on the day God spoke them into being, because He "saw that it was good."  No doubt God also made Adam as a fully-grown man who probably looked like he was in his 30's, even though he was only a few minutes old.  Likewise, herbs and trees were already mature and fruit-bearing, to provide a ready supply of food.  That would be the case with all of His creation.

If you need a more detailed explanation check the suggested link below:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/does-starlight-prove
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Nobody: 4:37am On Apr 24, 2011
The fundie's scientific method.

Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:42pm On Apr 24, 2011
HE IS RISEN FOR REAL

Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 24, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

HE IS RISEN FOR REAL

[img width=500 height=500]http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/media/cartoons/after-eden/20060410.gif[/img]

No one believes that a bunny that lay eggs is real, but you  actally believe there is some Jewish guy who got killed and woke up three days later then went on the witness protection program in space.

Besides, the Easter bunny just wants to give chocolate eggs to kids, Jesus and his dad will rather threaten the crap out of them. They play good cop/ bad cop. Jehovah plays the role of bad cop and Jesus comes in and cuddles them, just like his priests.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by thehomer: 12:09am On Apr 25, 2011
@ Martian.
It seems you've been sucked into trying to discuss using facts and reason with OLAADEGBU. It is a futile effort. I really hope you're doing this for posterity or for self education on the degree of disconnect that is still possible in this modern world or some other noble cause.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:13am On Apr 25, 2011
Martian:

No one believes that a bunny that lay eggs is real, but you actally believe there is some Jewish guy who got killed and woke up three days later then went on the witness protection program in space.

Besides, the Easter bunny just wants to give chocolate eggs to kids, Jesus and his dad will rather threaten the crap out of them. They play good cop/ bad cop. Jehovah plays the role of bad cop and Jesus comes in and cuddles them, just like his priests.

thehomer:

@ Martian.
It seems you've been sucked into trying to discuss using facts and reason with OLAADEGBU. It is a futile effort. I really hope you're doing this for posterity or for self education on the degree of disconnect that is still possible in this modern world or some other noble cause.

Jesus is risen for real and heaven also is for real. Watch this little boy relate how he found out that heaven is for real. Watch it or better read the book and you will discover that the Bible is the truth book that is even better than facts and you will need to depend on it for your dear life.

Heaven Is For Real! -- Fox News

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVtNzONbaiU?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/flash]
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by thehomer: 12:34am On Apr 25, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus is risen for real and heaven also is for real. Watch this little boy relate how he found out that heaven is for real. Watch it or better read the book and you will discover that the Bible is the truth book that is even better than facts and you will need to depend on it for your dear life.

Heaven Is For Real! -- Fox News

. . . .

grin grin That poor confused child that has been turned into a money maker for his parents years after the claim? I really hope you don't believe that story. If you do, then you really need to avoid being this gullible.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:03am On Apr 25, 2011
thehomer:

grin grin That poor confused child that has been turned into a money maker for his parents years after the claim? I really hope you don't believe that story. If you do, then you really need to avoid being this gullible.

It is you that is being irrational and illogical because of your subjective, personal and unargued sense of what is possible.  You are committing the logical fallacy known as "begging the question" again as usual.  You don't believe that the supernatural is possible and as a result of that you tacitly assume that the story of that boy is not true.  It has been your assumption that the Bible is not true because of similar stories that are related.  You are reasoning in a vicious circle.  You have decided in advance that there is no God who is capable of repeating the things He is recorded to have done in the Bible and then you argue on this basis against anything supernatural or biblical.  What the boy related in what he experienced confirms the bible stories just as science as I claim confirms the Bible.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:05am On Apr 25, 2011
Here is a more detailed interview on what the little boy experienced on his trip to heaven.  I believe Christians will be encouraged by it as it confirms what has been written about heaven and its characters in the Bible.

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnCuKD0-xyM?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/flash]
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by thehomer: 1:30am On Apr 25, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

It is you that is being irrational and illogical because of your subjective, personal and unargued sense of what is possible. You are committing the logical fallacy known as "begging the question" again as usual. You don't believe that the supernatural is possible and as a result of that you tacitly assume that the story of that boy is not true. It has been your assumption that the Bible is not true because of similar stories that are related. You are reasoning in a vicious circle. You have decided in advance that there is no God who is capable of repeating the things He is recorded to have done in the Bible and then you argue on this basis against anything supernatural or biblical. What the boy related in what he experienced confirms the bible stories just as science as I claim confirm the Bible.

And you are wrong yet again. How is the fact that I don't believe the story told by a then 4 year old child about his adventures during surgery begging the question?
You really need to learn to be able to distinguish between childish fantasies and stories including those that could have been arrived at by <surprise, surprise> living with his family in their home.
Seriously, you need to think about this. Consider the fact that you do not believe the numerous stories told about the recently late Indian spiritual leader Saithya Sai Baba. Why would you believe stories brought to you by a 4 year old child who had an emergency surgery and had enough time to have a story formed? Add to this the effect of certain anaesthetics which can actually cause hallucinations? Sheesh. You really need to learn to be skeptical of such outrageous claims.

[size=14pt]He was 4 years old for crying out loud.[/size]
Do you simply believe any story told to you by a 4 year old child or is it one that is told by one who is a child of Christian parents one of whom is a pastor?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman & His Wife Lizzy Playing Table Tennis, Also Playing Football / Palm Sunday: Ugandans Hired A White Man To Play Jesus For Them / Missing Child From Winners Church Found Two Years After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.