Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,072 members, 7,821,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Science Confirms The Bible - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Science Confirms The Bible (37825 Views)

Science Confirms Eucharistic Miracles / Science Confirms Life After Death! / Science Confirms The Bible - False (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Science Confirms The Bible by debosky(m): 12:20pm On May 09, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

You are not claiming to be a prescient, are you? Read the text in context so as not to arrive in a pretext as you are now doing.

"By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith" (Hebrews 11:7)

I am not being prescient - what was Noah warned about? The Flood - nothing else. Not hydrological cycles or atmospheric circulations.

Do not be a make bate. Are you now saying that Noah and the antediluvian age had ever seen rainfall, or a flood river, not to talk of a worldwide Flood before, from which the processes emanated from?

You tell me - does the bible tell you there was no rainfall before Noah's Flood or is this your own speculation?

If my assumptions are based on the solid foundation of the word of God as quoted above then my assumptions can only be educated assumptions. Speculations without any foundations such as the evolution theory, gap theory and the like have no leg to stand on. This is why scientist who are Christians will always arrive at the right conclusions as opposed to what atheist or theist evolutionists would get, and that is just speculations that hold no water.

Your assumptions are purely that - assumptions. Dressing them up as anything else is foolishness. Others like you have claimed to use the bible as a 'solid foundation' to arrive at a conclusion that the earth is flat and doesn't rotate. In your hubris don't forget that.

Keep your assumptions separate from biblical accounts is all I request.

1 Like

Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:21pm On May 09, 2013
debosky:

I am not being prescient - what was Noah warned about? The Flood - nothing else. Not hydrological cycles or atmospheric circulations.

Don't be a pettifogger. What type of Flood are you even talking about, a global or local Flood?

debosky:

You tell me - does the bible tell you there was no rainfall before Noah's Flood or is this your own speculation?

I don't know what Bible you read but my Bible is clear about that and it didn't leave it to our personal interpretation.

"And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground" (Genesis 2:5)

From this verse observant readers would deduct that the primeval water cycle was from the underground instead of the atmosphere, and that the absence of rain was as a result of the water vapour that is above the firmament and the uniform temperature maintained over the earth.

debosky:

Your assumptions are purely that - assumptions. Dressing them up as anything else is foolishness. Others like you have claimed to use the bible as a 'solid foundation' to arrive at a conclusion that the earth is flat and doesn't rotate. In your hubris don't forget that.

Don't be bellicose. It is rather the other way round. Faulty human's interpretations of the bible just to accommodate the evolutionists doesn't cut it.

debosky:

Keep your assumptions separate from biblical accounts is all I request.

Real scientists who in this case are the biblical creationists are the ones whose presuppositions are based on the solid word of God and they make scientific models based on these as I pointed out earlier. Rain as observed today is as a result of the global circulation of the atmosphere, transporting water evaporated from the ocean inland to condense and precipitate on the lands. Real science confirms the Bible account.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:41am On May 13, 2013
Where dem? cool
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by debosky(m): 9:08am On May 13, 2013
OLAADEGBU:
Don't be a pettifogger. What type of Flood are you even talking about, a global or local Flood?

It appears someone bought you a dictionary for your last birthday. grin

I am talking about Noah's Flood - was Noah warned about cycles or simply about the flood? Straight answer please.

I don't know what Bible you read but my Bible is clear about that and it didn't leave it to our personal interpretation.

Answer the question - show me where the bible says there was no rain before Noah's Flood.

"And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground" (Genesis 2:5)

The above verse in no way says that there was no rain till the flood - it only says that at Genesis 2:5, God had not caused it to rain YET. Besides, there was not a man to till the ground at this point as well, so should we also assume that there were no men till Noah's flood? grin

From this verse observant readers would deduct that the primeval water cycle w[b]as from the underground instead of the atmosphere, and that the absence of rain was as a result of the water vapour that is above the firmament and the uniform temperature maintained over the earth.[/b]

Absolute and utter rubbish. Once you have water on the surface of the earth and you have sunshine, there will INEVITABLY be clouds and rain. It shows how illiterate you are that you think a 'uniform temperature' will prevent rain.

What the heck does 'water vapour above the firmament' mean anyways? cheesy

All Gen 2:5 says is that the initial source of water was from subterranean sources - it does not imply there was no rain till Noah's flood, and any such idea is moronic to say the least.

Don't be bellicose. It is rather the other way round. Faulty human's interpretations of the bible just to accommodate the evolutionists doesn't cut it.

So what are you? An alien? cheesy Your interpretations are not even worthy of being called faulty - they are utter garbage. grin

Real scientists who in this case are the biblical creationists are the ones whose presuppositions are based on the solid word of God and they make scientific models based on these as I pointed out earlier. Rain as observed today is as a result of the global circulation of the atmosphere, transporting water evaporated from the ocean inland to condense and precipitate on the lands. Real science confirms the Bible account.

So were there no oceans before Noah's Flood or was the evaporation process not in existence before the Flood? You can't even make a coherent argument to save your life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:34am On May 13, 2013
debosky:

It appears someone bought you a dictionary for your last birthday. grin

I am grateful for the discovery of the dictionary. It seems you need to discover the bible dictionary for your next birthday, sparring partner.grin

debosky:

I am talking about Noah's Flood - was Noah warned about cycles or simply about the flood? Straight answer please.

Don't stultify my question. I asked was Noah's Flood global or local?

debosky:

Answer the question - show me where the bible says there was no rain before Noah's Flood.

I don't have time for battology. It wasn't only rainfall but the rainbow and most of the high mountains we see today that were absent during the antediluvian age. Study your bible if you have one.undecided

debosky:

The above verse in no way says that there was no rain till the flood - it only says that at Genesis 2:5, God had not caused it to rain YET. Besides, there was not a man to till the ground at this point as well, so should we also assume that there were no men till Noah's flood? grin

Was there a rainbow then, Mr. prescient? undecided

debosky:

Absolute and utter rubbish. Once you have water on the surface of the earth and you have sunshine, there will INEVITABLY be clouds and rain. It shows how illiterate you are that you think a 'uniform temperature' will prevent rain.

Don't be nescient. If you knew what you are talking about you would have checked up the meaning of this verse:

"And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so"
(Genesis 1:7).

And then build a scientific model from there, but since your preconceived ideology opposes the one above I don't expect you to know otherwise.

debosky:

What the heck does 'water vapour above the firmament' mean anyways? cheesy

As the verse I quoted above states, real scientists know that "the waters which were above the firmament" are clearly not the clouds or the vapour which now float in the atmosphere. The absence of rainfall in Genesis 2:5 and the rainbow in Genesis 9:13 are not only explained to biblical creationists but required by a vapour canopy, which is different from the atmosphere you and I experience today.

debosky:

All Gen 2:5 says is that the initial source of water was from subterranean sources - it does not imply there was no rain till Noah's flood, and any such idea is moronic to say the least.

Don't be a makebate. Tell me when it started to rain or flood and show a rainbow.

debosky:

So what are you? An alien? cheesy Your interpretations are not even worthy of being called faulty - they are utter garbage. grin

As you can see, what you call science is actually referred to as science falsely called. It started when Eve bought into the lies of the serpent hook, line and sinker. "You shall not surely die."

debosky:

So were there no oceans before Noah's Flood or was the evaporation process not in existence before the Flood? You can't even make a coherent argument to save your life.

Don't be a jackanapes. Go and do your home work on Genesis 1:7 before you come back to answer my question.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by debosky(m): 11:01am On May 13, 2013
OLAADEGBU:
I am grateful for the discovery of the dictionary. It seems you need to discover the bible dictionary for your next birthday, sparring partner.grin

I wouldn't mind receiving one from you bro. grin

Don't stultify my question. I asked was Noah's Flood global or local?

I do not see 'global' or 'local' in the biblical account. grin

I don't have time for battology. It wasn't only rainfall but the rainbow and most of the high mountains we see today that were absent during the antediluvian age. Study your bible if you have one.

This is speculation without biblical basis - if 'mountains' existed that were covered by the flood, who told you that they weren't present in the 'antediluvian age'?

Was there a rainbow then, Mr. prescient?

I don't know - remember that the rainbow was selected as a sign after the flood, it doesn't mean it was not in existence before the flood. smiley

Don't be nescient. If you knew what you are talking about you would have checked up the meaning of this verse:

(Genesis 1:7).

And then build a scientific model from there, but since your preconceived ideology opposes the one above I don't expect you to know otherwise.

This is not ideology it is basic equilibrium - once there is water present in the liquid phase and an atmosphere not saturated with water, evaporation will take place to form clouds and rain.

As the verse I quoted above, real scientists know that "the waters which were above the firmament" are clearly not the clouds or the vapour which now float in the atmosphere. The absence of rainfall in Genesis 2:5 and the rainbow in Genesis 9:13 is not only explained to biblical creationists but required by a vapour canopy, which is different from the atmosphere you and I are used to.

Rubbish - this is a creation of the so called 'biblical creationists' and nothing more. So what happened to this 'vapour canopy'? Was it destroyed by the flood? So how did Noah know what a cloud was if they didn't exist before the flood? cheesy

As you can see, what you call science is actually referred to as science falsely called. It started when Eve bought into the lies of the serpent hook, line and sinker. "You shall not surely die."

The water cycle has nothing to do with the serpent bro - don't blame the devil for your inability to understand the basic workings of the water cycle. grin

Don't be a jackanapes. Go and do your home work on Genesis 1:7 before you come back to answer my question.

There is no homework to be done - Genesis 1:7 simply describes two forms of water - liquid water on the ground and water vapour in the air. cheesy
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:40pm On May 13, 2013
debosky:

I wouldn't mind receiving one from you bro. grin

Provided that your date of birth is measured in millions and not literal days.cheesy

debosky:

I do not see 'global' or 'local' in the biblical account. grin

How can you see it with those evolutionist spectacles you use? shocked

debosky:

This is speculation without biblical basis - if 'mountains' existed that were covered by the flood, who told you that they weren't present in the 'antediluvian age'?

Pay attention to small details, I said "most high mountains" and who told you that they were present in the antediluvian age? undecided

debosky:

I don't know - remember that the rainbow was selected as a sign after the flood, it doesn't mean it was not in existence before the flood. smiley

"I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth"
(Genesis 9:13).

Rainbows requires small water droplets in the air, and this couldn't have formed during the antediluvian age because the high vapour precluded rain (Genesis 2:5). The fact that rainfall is now possible after Noah's Flood makes a global rainstorm impossible and thus the rainbow becomes a perpetual reminder of God's grace in Judgment.

debosky:

This is not ideology it is basic equilibrium - once there is water present in the liquid phase and an atmosphere not saturated with water, evaporation will take place to form clouds and rain.

Perhaps you should try using the word expanse instead of firmament. There couldn't be rainstorm or rainbows because of the the vapour canopy as opposed to the atmosphere like that of the present one.

debosky:

Rubbish - this is a creation of the so called 'biblical creationists' and nothing more. So what happened to this 'vapour canopy'? Was it destroyed by the flood? So how did Noah know what a cloud was if they didn't exist before the flood? cheesy

Until you do your homework you will continue to be flummoxed with the idea of a vapour canopy which is much different from the cloud in the atmosphere we witness today. The waters in these extended far out into space and eventually became condensed and fell back into the earth at the time of the catastrophic great deluge and thus providing the source of the global rainstorm that contributed to Noah's Flood. If you still have a problem with this scientific concept that means that you are being murcid in doing your homework.

debosky:

The water cycle has nothing to do with the serpent bro - don't blame the devil for your inability to understand the basic workings of the water cycle. grin

Why should I blame the devil who has no leg to stand on? I would rather blame it on the ingannation of the so called atheist evolutionists who are seeking to mislead, misreport, misrepresent, misinterpret and miscontrue the evidence with their fake ideologies.

debosky:

There is no homework to be done - Genesis 1:7 simply describes two forms of water - liquid water on the ground and water vapour in the air. cheesy

The "waters which were above in the firmament" are definitely not the same as the clouds or vapour which now float in the atmosphere. The earlier you get this fact the better. wink
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:39am On Jun 03, 2013
How Populations Grow
June 1, 2013

"And the children of Israel were fruitful, and increased abundantly, and multiplied, and waxed exceeding mighty; and the land was filled with them" (Exodus 1:7).

Populations can grow very rapidly. For example, one can calculate that the seventy who came into Egypt with Jacob (Genesis 46:27) could easily have multiplied to over five million in just ten generations, assuming only that the average family had six children who lived and reproduced, and that only two generations were living contemporaneously at any one time. This was less than half the number in Jacob's immediate family. The actual count of the grown Israelite men (not including the tribe of Levi) who left Egypt with Moses was "six hundred thousand and three thousand and five hundred and fifty" (Numbers 1:46). The total population was probably between two and three million at the time.

This illustrates how rapidly populations can grow when conditions are favorable. In fact, if a simple geometric growth rate is assumed (which was the assumption made by Charles Darwin in relation to his imagined "struggle for existence" in nature), it would only take about 1,100 years—assuming 35 years per generation—to develop a world population of six billion people. Immediately after the Flood, with only eight people and the whole world before them, with long lifespans still prevailing, and with every incentive to have large families, the population surely would have grown explosively. Yet the average annual growth rate since the Flood need only have been one-fourth the present growth rate to produce the world's present population in the 4,000 years (minimum) since that time.

All of which indicates that the evolutionary scenario, which assumes that human populations have been on the earth for about a million years, is absurd. The whole universe could not hold all the people! HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:31pm On Jun 23, 2013
The Meaning of "Day"
June 23, 2013

"And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day" (Genesis 1:5).

Many people today, professing to believe the Bible, have compromised with the evolutionary philosophy which dominates our society by accepting its framework of geological ages. This system interpretes the rocks and fossils in terms of a supposed 4.6 billion-year history of the earth and life culminating in the evolution of early humans perhaps a million years ago. In order to justify this compromise, they usually say that the "days" of creation really correspond to the geological ages, arguing that the Hebrew word for "day" (yom) does not have to mean a literal solar day.

Oh, yes, it does—at least in Genesis chapter one! God, knowing that the pagan philosophers of antiquity would soon try to distort His record of creation into long ages of pantheistic evolution (as in the Babylonian, Egyptian, Greek, and other such ancient cosmogonies), was careful to define His terms! "God called the light Day," and that was the first day with its evening and morning. All subsequent days have followed the same pattern—a period of darkness (night), then a period of light (day).

One may quibble about the exact length of the day if he insists (e.g., equatorial days versus polar days), but there is no way this definition can accommodate a geological age. This is the very first reference to "day" (or yom) in the Bible, and this is given as an actual statement of the meaning of the word.

This ought to settle the question for anyone who really believes the Bible. One may decide to believe the evolutionary geologists if he wishes, instead of God, but he should at least let God speak for Himself. God says the days of creation were literal days, not ages. "In six days the LORD made heaven and earth" (Exodus 31:17). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:39pm On Jul 18, 2013
The Turning of the Day
July 18, 2013

"Then came the woman in the dawning of the day, and fell down at the door of the man's house where her lord was, till it was light" (Judges 19:26).

This tragic story took place in Israel in a time when "every man did that which was right in his own eyes" (Judges 21:25). The woman was of the tribe of Judah, concubine to a Levite dwelling among the tribe of Ephraim. Although she had been unfaithful, he had taken her back and they were traveling to Ephraim, staying overnight in a city of Benjamin. The "sons of Belial" among the Benjamites, however, had abused the woman throughout the night, leaving her dead at "the dawning of the day."

The whole sordid story illustrates the depths of depravity to which even men among God's chosen people can descend under cover of darkness. We are commanded to "have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret" (Ephesians 5:11-12).

In the midst of this dismal record, however, there is an interesting scientific insight which should be noted. The evil events of the night terminated at what the writer calls "the dawning of the day." But the Hebrew word used for "dawning" (panah) is not the normal word for the dawn. Instead it is the word for "turning." Thus, it is not referring to the rising of the sun, but to the rotation of the earth which, after a dark night of evil, once again turns its face to the "light of the world."

Note also Job 38:14: "It |i.e., the earth's surface| is turned as clay to the seal," again suggesting the earth's axial rotation each day/night cycle. There is coming a glorious dawning, however, when we shall dwell in the presence of the One who is the true light of the world, and "there shall be no night there" (Revelation 21:25). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:04am On Jul 19, 2013
Come, See And Encounter

Empowerment for spiritual conquest@

Deeper Life Conference Centre

Km 42, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

19-20 October, 2013

Saturday 18:00 hours (6:00 PM)

Sunday 08:00 hours (08:00 AM)

http://www.dclm.org/

Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:47pm On Oct 15, 2013
Gold
A Little Bit of Heaven on Earth
by Andrew A. Snelling

No other mineral has provoked so much wonder and strife. Of all earth's commodities, gold was chosen from among earth’s minerals to represent God's own glory. Its unique qualities and current location on the earth are no accident, influencing the history of nations.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/am/v6/n1/gold

Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:34pm On Oct 21, 2013
The Father of Lights
October 20, 2013

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning" (James 1:17).

God, Himself, is both author and finisher of everything we have that is good. This, of course, is the testimony concerning His creation in the beginning, which was both “very good” and “finished” (Genesis 1:31; 2:1). The unique name “Father of lights” seems to suggest a remarkable scientific insight. Since light is the most basic form of energy, and yet is equivalent also to all other forms, and since literally everything in the physical universe is energy in some form, it is singularly appropriate to speak of the totality of all God’s good and perfect gifts in creation as “lights.” And, since all these energies are not now being created (only “conserved”), their original source can only be from the Father of lights!

There even seems to be a hint of both of the two great laws of science here, energy conservation as well as energy deterioration. The term “variableness,” used only here, means literally “transmutation.” Just as God is immutable, the total amount of His created “lights” is conserved—neither created nor destroyed. The Second Law states that, in all energy conversions (that is, in everything that happens), the entropy of the universe increases. “Entropy” means “in-turning,” coming from two Greek words, en and trope—the second of which is used in this verse. Entropy is a measure of disorganization, and its inexorable increase is a result of God’s curse on the creation following man’s rebellion. Thus, although the total energy of the universe is conserved (by the First Law), the available energy is decreasing (by the Second Law). Nevertheless, God Himself is not bound by this law that He has imposed, for a time, on His creation. With Him is not even a “shadow” of any “turning” (trope). God never changes, and His purposes can never be defeated! HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:00pm On Sep 14, 2014
The Sun
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:02pm On Sep 14, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

The Sun

The Sun
September 14, 2014

"Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race. His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof" (Psalm 19:5-6)

This well-loved psalm provides us a glimpse of God’s creative majesty: “The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge” (vv. 1-2).

Modern science has shown that the universe in which we live is really a tri-universe—a continuum of space/time/energy (or information). Thus, the first two verses of this psalm, by focusing our attention on “the heavens . . . the firmament” (space), “day . . . night” (time), and “speech . . . knowledge” (information/energy), reveal a scientific truth long before its “scientific” discovery.

There is, of course, one created source of energy which typifies this energy. Speaking of space and time, the psalmist claims, “In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun” (v. 4), which is further described in our text verses. The sun is like a bridegroom, fully dressed in wedding garb, radiating joy as he comes forth. It is also like a champion runner, fully able to run the race and gain the victory.

The sun’s energy, radiating out in all directions, not only energizes the earth but the entire solar system as well. Furthermore, it is now known that the sun traverses the galaxy in a gigantic orbit with its energy bathing each part. Truly, “there is nothing hid from the heat thereof” (text verse).

Only the Creator of space, time, and energy—the Creator of the sun, the solar system, the Milky Way galaxy, and the universe—could have known these things. That Creator, through the empowering ministry of the Holy Spirit, is the author of this psalm. JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:41pm On Sep 17, 2014
Transcript for those who some reasons are unable to watch it online:

0:37 (Ray Comfort) You're an atheist?
0:38 I am definitely an atheist, yes.
0:39 (Ray Comfort) Why are you an atheist?
0:41 Why am I an atheist? Because there is no God.
0:43 Atheism assumes that you can disprove the existence of a God.
0:49 Agnostic is a more correct term, but I'm an atheist.
0:54 (Ray Comfort) Are you an atheist?
0:56 - Yeah. - I am an atheist, yeah.
0:57 - I am, yes. - I am.
0:59 (Ray Comfort) So you're not an atheist?
1:02 No, I'm not.
1:03 (Ray Comfort) So you're leaning that way because of evolution?
1:04 Yeah.
1:06 I don't believe in the, there's a guy in the sky
1:08 that lives in the sky.
1:09 - You believe in evolution? - Of course I do, yes.
1:11 (male narrator) "Live Science" says of Darwinian evolution:
1:15 "It can turn dinosaurs into birds, apes into humans
1:19 and amphibious mammals into whales."
1:22 What Darwin showed in his work on evolution
1:25 and natural selection is that we don't need to invoke
1:28 any supernatural force or power
1:30 to account for the development of life through time on earth.
1:34 The ongoing processes that are observable in today's world.
1:38 (Ray Comfort) Do you think it's a belief?
1:40 I think it's just fact.
1:42 I think more like facts.
1:43There is too much evidence to ignore.
1:46 (Ray Comfort) Do you think it's a belief?
1:48 - No, it's science. - It's the way it happened.
1:50 It's logical.
1:51 You know, all the scientists pretty much agree with it.
1:53 It's more of a fact.
1:54 (Ray Comfort) When did you start to believe?
1:57 When I started to think for myself.
1:58 (Ray Comfort) When did you start believing?
2:00 When I took my first biology class.
2:02 It all started to make a lot of sense.
2:03 The teacher made it very easy to understand.
2:07 I generally trust the scientific community.
2:09 It makes more sense than any religion or anything.
2:12 The fossils they have found of all the cavemen,
2:15 the Homo sapiens, dinosaurs-- it shows clear evidence.
2:18 I believe in science.
2:19 (Ray Comfort) What's your major here at this university?
2:21 Biology.
2:22 - You're a biology major? - Yeah.
2:24 - You believe in evolution? - Yes.
2:26 - What's your major? - Geology.
2:27 - Chemistry. - Biochemistry.
2:29 Environmental science and policy.
2:30 I'm a physicist.
2:32 Biochemistry.
2:33 (Ray Comfort) Okay, do you believe in evolution?
2:34 Yes, I do.
2:36 - Do you believe in evolution? - Yes, I do.
2:37 - Of course. - Yes, I do.
2:39 I do believe in evolution.
2:40 - You believe in evolution? - Yes.
2:42 - Are you a strong believer? - Yes.
2:44 - Are you a strong believer? - Yep.
2:46 - Yes. - Yes.
2:47 Absolutely.
2:48 (narrator) A Scientific method is based on "the collection
2:51 of data through observation and experimentation." -Science Daily
2:56 (Ray Comfort) Could you give me some observable evidence
2:58 that evolution is true?
3:00 Something I don't have to receive by faith?
3:04 - Yeah. - Some observable evidence?
3:05 I mean, take a look at what happened 65 million years ago.
3:08 (Ray Comfort) Hang on, I can't, that's 65 million years ago.
3:10 I believe, yeah, millions of years.
3:12 (Ray Comfort) So that can't be observed.
3:13 We can trace the evolution through the fossil record.
3:17 (Ray Comfort) Could you be specific, just give me one?
3:21 Between 6 and 7 million years ago.
3:24 Hundreds of thousands to millions of years.
3:27 - So it's quite a long time. - Yes.
3:29 - Millions of years? - Yes.
3:30 (Ray Comfort) So it can't be observed?
3:31 Evolution is not testable over time.
3:36 (narrator) "We are condemned to live only for a few decades
3:39 and that's too slow, too small a time scale
3:42 to see evolution going on," Richard Dawkins.
3:46 "We see nothing of these slow changes in progress,
3:49 until the hand of time has marked the lapse of ages..."
3:53 Charles Darwin.
3:55 (Ray Comfort) You've got the canine kind: the coyote and the domestic dog;
3:58 and there's the feline kind: which is the cats,
4:00 the tiger, and the kitten; and you've got humankind.
4:02 So Darwin said there'd be a change of kinds
4:05 over many years,
4:06 so could you give me one example of observable evidence
4:10 of a change of kinds?
4:11 So for instance, the fossil record shows
4:13 the common ancestors of all carnivores,
4:16 that cats and dogs were once linked,
4:19 united by a common ancestor.
4:20 (Ray Comfort) How long ago?
4:22 This, I believe, was, like, 60 million years ago.
4:25 (Ray Comfort) I don't want something that I have to accept by faith.
4:27 I want it to be observable.
4:28 Observable evidence.
4:30 Well, I mean, if you're just asking me here on the street,
4:32 there's really not much I can tell you
4:33 in terms of observable evidence.
4:35 Like, we would have to really examine existing data
4:38 to draw conclusions of our own.
4:39 (Ray Comfort) We would have to have faith, then?
4:41 We would have to have some amount of faith.
4:43 (Ray Comfort) Can you think of any observable evidence
4:45 for Darwinian evolution,
4:46 where he said there'd be a change of kind?
4:48 (male) Like a monkey to a man, is that what you're talking about?
4:50 (Ray Comfort) Yeah, a change of kinds.
4:52 I don't really believe there's any proof for that yet.
4:55 Well, monkeys are the only ones
4:57 with the fifth digit like we have.
4:59 (Ray Comfort) Koalas have a fifth digit. Did you know that?
5:01 (female) I didn't know that.
5:03 (Ray Comfort) Do you think we're evolved from koalas?
5:04 No.
5:06 I went to, like, Washington, D.C.
5:08 I saw they had a whole exhibit just on the--
5:11 - In the Smithsonian? - Yeah, in the Smithsonian.
5:12 (Ray Comfort) I went to that. It's just like some stuffed dummies,
5:14 like standing around a fire.
5:16 I know that everyone talks about the missing link
5:17 for humans and whatnot.
5:19 I believe that there are connections that are out there
5:22 that we haven't found yet.
5:23 I'm going to trust what those experts did,
5:28 those experts came up with.
5:29 I have a strong trust in evolutionary ideas
5:32 based on the evidence presented.
5:34 (Ray Comfort) Can you think of any observable evidence
5:36 for Darwinian evolution, a change of kinds?
5:39 I haven't seen it myself,
5:40 but I believe what the textbooks tell me about it, so.
5:43 (Ray Comfort) You've got faith in the experts?
5:45 I have faith in the experts, yeah.
5:47 I guess similar to how religious people have faith
5:48 that God actually exists, I have faith in the experts
5:51 knowing what they're talking about.
5:52 (Ray Comfort) The scientific method is it must be observable and repeatable,
5:56 so could you give me one piece of observable evidence
5:58 for Darwinian evolution?
6:00 Okay, I would point to-- there's one great example
6:03 is look at the genetics of the stickleback.
6:05 (Ray Comfort) What's that?
6:07 So stickleback fish are a very interesting collection
6:09 of species that were recently isolated
6:13 after the end of the Ice Age.
6:14 (Ray Comfort) What have they become?
6:16 They're various species of sticklebacks.
6:19 (Ray Comfort) They stayed as fish?
6:20 Well, of course.
6:22 (Ray Comfort) Can you think of any observable evidence
6:23 where there was a change of kinds?
6:25 Fish.
6:27 Human beings are still fish.
6:28 (Ray Comfort) Human beings are fish?
6:29 Why, yes, of course they are.
6:31 (Ray Comfort) How long did that take?
6:32 Couple billions of years, millions.
6:33 - Couple millions? - Yep.
6:35 - How is that observable? - It's not.
6:37 We came out of the ground as a mammal,
6:39 and one mammal created--
6:40 (Ray Comfort) Come out of the ground?
6:42 Didn't we come out of the sea?
6:43Huh? Well, initially in the beginning,
6:44we came out of the ground and the sea.
6:46After the great destruction of the--
6:48 (Ray Comfort) So did we have lungs or gills when we came out of the sea?
6:50 You want to know something?
6:52 Those that were in the sea I guess had gills,
6:53 and those that were on land had lungs.
6:55 (Ray Comfort) But if we came out of the sea, we had gills in the sea?
6:57 You want to know something?
6:59 Who knows that we came out of the sea or we came out of--
7:01 we evolved from mammals?
7:02- So you don't know? - Huh? Of course I don't know.
7:04I'm accepting that they did their science correctly.
7:06 (Ray Comfort) Could you give me an example of Darwinian evolution,
7:10 not adaptation or speciation, but a change of kinds?
7:15 [laughing]
7:16 These are changes of kinds.
7:18 (Ray Comfort) They're still fish.
7:20 They're distinctly different fish.
7:22 We have thousands of examples.
7:24 (Ray Comfort) Can you give me one?
7:26 - I can give you thousands. - Just one.
7:28 For instance,
7:30 I would say look at Lenski's experiments in bacteria, then.
7:32 (Ray Comfort) So what have the bacteria become?
7:34 The bacteria are still bacteria, of course.
7:35 (Ray Comfort) So that's not Darwinian evolution.
7:37 That's not a change of kinds, is it?
7:38 It is a change in the genetic makeup of the bacteria.
7:42 (Ray Comfort) But they're still bacteria.
7:43 So what have the bacteria become?
7:46 A new kind of bacteria.
7:47 (Ray Comfort) It's still bacteria. There's no change of kinds.
7:52 To summarize, the observable evidence that you give me
7:56 for Darwinian evolution is bacteria becoming bacteria.
8:01 No, it is bacteria acquiring new metabolic capabilities.
8:05 (Ray Comfort) You said before that there was lots of evidence for evolution.
8:09 I just want one observable evidence
8:11 for Darwinian evolution. Just one.
8:14 But I gave you some. You don't want--
8:15 (Ray Comfort) Not some. I want one.
8:17 Wait, you don't want that.
8:18 (Ray Comfort) I want one. Yes, I do.
8:19 I'm pleading with people.
8:21 You asked me to tell you-- you asked me to tell you
8:23when I've watched one species evolve into another.
8:25Isn't that right?
8:26 (Ray Comfort) No, one kind into another.
8:28 There's 14 different definitions of species,
8:31 so I want a change of kind.
8:33 When you're talking about kinds or change in families,
8:35 you're actually talking about macroevolution.
8:38 You're talking about changes on the level that separates,
8:43 say, cats from dogs.
8:45 (Ray Comfort) So could you give me any examples of Darwinian evolution?
8:48 Well, when you say examples of that,
8:50 then you have to sort of look at it over a longer time frame.
8:52 It has nothing to do with faith.
8:53 Faith is something that I have to--unseen,
8:57 I have to believe it.
8:58 (Ray Comfort) That's it, unseen.
9:00 Look, do you believe evolution?
9:02 Of course I do.
9:03 (Ray Comfort) Are you a believer in evolution?
9:04 Yes, I am.
9:06 (Ray Comfort) When did you start to believe evolution?
9:07 I started to believe evolution
9:08 when I started to think for myself.
9:11 (Ray Comfort) Is evolution a belief?
9:13 Evolu-- well, you know something?
9:15 Evolution is a thought process.
9:19 It's this coming-to-terms
9:20 and checking out all the alternatives.
9:24 Like, taking a looking at the religion, man-made religions.
9:29 (Ray Comfort) Let me ask you again. Is evolution a belief?
9:31 No, evolution is-- well, yeah.
9:33 In a word, yeah, I could say it could be a belief.
9:36 When you say change of kinds,
9:37 do you mean the evolution of one species
9:39 from another or to another?
9:40 Yes, we have that in action, actually, in the Galapagos.
9:43 (Ray Comfort) Could you give me one instance?
9:44 Yes, we have an example from a group of birds
9:45 called Darwin's finches.
9:47 You take a look at the difference between
9:48 the finches on the islands that all started out,
9:50 I mean, that's very, very observable.
9:51 (Ray Comfort) But that's not Darwinian evolution.
9:52 There's been no change of kinds.
9:54 What have the finches become?
9:55 They become genetically new and anatomically new,
9:58 recognizably different species.
10:00 (Ray Comfort) So they're still finches?
10:02 Well, of course they're still finches, yes.
10:03 (Ray Comfort) So there's no change of kind.
10:05 Little birds that he had observed that--
10:08 (Ray Comfort) What did they become?
10:11 Their beaks, their beak shapes, they're--
10:12 - They're still birds. - Yes.
10:14 Three finches that turn
10:15 into different types of birds, based on--
10:17 (Ray Comfort) They're still finches.
10:18 Well, for example,
10:19 Darwin and his study on evolution
10:21 of the birds on the island that he went onto there.
10:23 - Their beaks changed? - Their beaks--
10:25 (Ray Comfort) But they're still birds. There's no change of kinds.
10:27 That's within the kind.
10:28 No, no, no, it's just evolution on the beaks.
10:30 (Ray Comfort) So that's called adaptation.
10:31 That's not Darwinian evolution.
10:33 There's no change of kinds.
10:34 There's no different animal involved.
10:37 I want something that shows me
10:39 Darwin's belief in the change of kinds is scientific.
10:42 Darwin spoke of a change of kind.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
The God vs Evolution transcript continued...

10:44 Can you think of any observable evidence
10:47 for Darwinian evolution where there's a change of kind?
10:54 Change of kind, change of kind...
11:04 I'm going to have to think about that one a little longer.
11:06 (Ray Comfort) Can you give me anything that I can see, observe, and test,
11:11 which is the scientific method, for Darwinian evolution,
11:14 a change of kinds?
11:17 Test and observe...
11:24 (Ray Comfort) Could you give me observable evidence,
11:26 which is the scientific method, for Darwinian evolution,
11:29 a change of kinds?
11:42 Okay, I got to think about it.
11:46 So you want the evidence of it?
11:49 I would say...
11:57 [sighing]
12:02 I cannot, I think.
12:12 It's a hard question, actually.
12:24 So, can you repeat the question again?
12:26 (Ray Comfort) Could you give me any observable evidence, just one,
12:29 for Darwinian evolution?
12:31 Let me think about that for a sec.
12:38 (Ray Comfort) Observable evidence,
12:39 something where we don't have to exercise faith?
12:42 Something that can be observed,
12:43 like the scientific process, observable?
12:46 That's a good question. That one I'm not quite sure.
12:48 (Ray Comfort) So you can't think of any
12:50 observable evidence for evolution?
12:51 - No. - How do you know it's true?
12:58 I'm not sure.
12:59 (Ray Comfort) So Darwinian evolution is not observable?
13:01 It's not scientific?
13:04 I guess so.
13:05 (Ray Comfort) So it's unscientific. You can't prove it.
13:07 It is scientific actually. You could prove it.
13:09 It could be proven, just--
13:10 (Ray Comfort) Do it for me.
13:11 Ah, that's hard.
13:13 I don't-- that's just too broad of a--
13:15 (Ray Comfort) It's unobservable, that's why.
13:17 You need millions of years.
13:18 Yes, exactly.
13:19 (Ray Comfort) You're trusting the biology majors
13:21 and the biology professors
13:22 know what they're talking about,
13:24 and they can't even give me evidence of a change of kinds.
13:28 Well, then, there isn't one.
13:30 If they don't give it, then I wouldn't say there was.
13:34 I just go on what I've seen
13:35 and what I've learned from class.
13:37 - So you believe? - Yeah.
13:38 - You know what that's called? - What?
13:40 - Blind faith. - Blind faith.
13:42 (narrator) "Faith is the great cop-out,
13:43 the great excuse to evade the need to think
13:46 and evaluate evidence," Richard Dawkins.
13:49 (Ray Comfort) Do you believe in intelligent design?
13:50 Of course not.
13:52 (Ray Comfort) Do you think everything is intelligently designed?
13:56 No, I don't believe that things are intelligently designed.
13:59 (Ray Comfort) Okay, you seem like an intelligent person,
14:01 so I'm going to ask you something.
14:02 I'd like you to make me a rose, okay?
14:05 How would you make a rose?
14:07 I don't have the capabilities to do that.
14:09 (Ray Comfort) No, hang on, now, it's not intelligently designed,
14:11 so you should be able to whip me up a rose real quick.
14:14 Do you believe a rose is intelligently designed?
14:16 Definitely not.
14:17 In order for me to know what to make,
14:19 I have to know what a rose is.
14:21 (Ray Comfort) Well, it's got a seed.
14:22 So you've got to start with nothing
14:23 and you've got to create a seed from nothing.
14:25 - Oh. - Can you do that?
14:26 No, I can't.
14:28 (Ray Comfort) Could you make a rose from nothing?
14:29 No.
14:30 Can't really make something from nothing.
14:32 It's just basic, you know, science.
14:34 - A rose from nothing? - A rose.
14:36 Just like-- I can't, honestly.
14:39 (Ray Comfort) Why not?
14:40 Me? I just have no supernatural abilities.
14:42 (Ray Comfort) All the geniuses in the world
14:44 can't make a grain of sand from nothing.
14:46 We don't know where to start.
14:47 - I can't. - Why not?
14:49 I don't have millions, billions of years.
14:52 That would be physically impossible.
14:54 I mean, I would have to-- that's not possible.
14:57 (Ray Comfort) So how could you say
14:58 everything is not intelligently designed?
15:00 Where does that leave you on the scale of intelligence
15:03 if you say everything is not intelligently designed,
15:04 and you can't even make a rose?
15:06 Why do you think there's no one teaching
15:08 intelligent design at UCLA?
15:10 (Ray Comfort) 'Cause they're not allowed to.
15:11 We can teach anything we want.
15:14 (narrator) There's a reason intelligent design isn't taught
15:17 in our learning institutions.
15:19 According to physicist Victor Stenger,
15:21 "The legal staff of Freedom From Religion Foundation
15:24[a church-state watchdog group]
15:26has had remarkable success in convincing many institutions
15:30 such as school boards and town councils
15:32 that they are breaking constitutional law
15:34 when they sponsor sectarian activities."
15:37 That includes intelligent design.
15:40 "When the authorities can't be convinced,
15:42 Freedom From Religion Foundation sues,
15:45 and it wins more often than not."
15:47 (Ray Comfort) There was nothing in the beginning.
15:48 Big explosion of nothing that became something,
15:50 and then it came into a rose,
15:52 and giraffes and horses and cows.
15:53 I'm not saying that that's what happened.
15:55 I'm just saying I don't know what happened.
15:57 That's what scientists have theorized has happened.
16:00 (Ray Comfort) And you believe them?
16:02 - To a point. - So you've got faith.
16:05 That is true, yeah.
16:06 (Ray Comfort) Could you give me a definition of vestigials?
16:08 How does that back up evolution?
16:09 Vestigial is--it's like--
16:12 I'm not a biologist, so I'm kind of fuzzy here,
16:15 but it's like a remaining organ that is not used.
16:18 Like for instance, our appendix.
16:20 Rabbits have a huge appendix for digestion of grass.
16:24 We still have a vestigial appendix.
16:27 (Ray Comfort) You mean the appendix has no use?
16:29 Which we can think of right now.
16:31 Your coccyx bone that was, you know,
16:35 many people regard that as the tail of the humans.
16:37 (Ray Comfort narrating) The human tailbone is said to be vestigial.
16:40 That is, it's an evolutionary leftover
16:42 proving that we're related to primates.
16:44 However, it's not a tailbone, it's the coccyx vertebrae.
16:48 "The tailbone derived its name because some people believe
16:51 it's a 'leftover' part from human evolution,
16:53 though the notion that the tailbone
16:55 serves no purpose is wrong."
16:57 "The coccyx is an extremely important source of attachment
17:01 for tendons, ligaments, and muscles..."
17:04Evolutionists also claim that the appendix is vestigial,
17:07 but it's not.
17:09 The appendix is actually part of the human immune system.
17:12 According to Scientific American,
17:14 "For years, the appendix was credited
17:17 with very little physiological function.
17:19 We now know, however,
17:21 that the appendix serves an important role in the fetus
17:23 and in young adults.
17:25 Among adult humans,
17:26 the appendix is now thought to be involved primarily
17:29 in the immune functions."
17:31 I would consider myself an atheist, yeah.
17:33 (Ray Comfort) Can you think of any famous atheists?
17:35 I believe Neil deGrasse Tyson.
17:39 (Ray Comfort) Neil deGrasse Tyson said:
17:41 "I can't agree to the claims
17:42 by atheists
17:43 that I'm one of that community."
17:46 (Ray Comfort) Can you name a few?
17:47 Famous atheists.
17:51 Apparently not.
17:52 Start with Isaac Newton.
17:55 (narrator) Isaac Newton said,
17:57 "The most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets,
18:01 could only proceed from the counsel
18:03 and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being."
18:07 (Ray Comfort) Can you think of any famous atheists?
18:11 Yeah. No.
18:13 - A famous atheist? - Yeah, a famous atheist.
18:15 Yeah, my dad.
18:17 (Ray Comfort) He's not famous.
18:18 [laughing]
18:19 (Ray Comfort narrating) Skeptics' websites often include examples
18:21 of famous atheists in an attempt to win converts.
18:25 But more often than not, the famous personalities cited
18:27 are not actually atheists.
18:29 This is a popular atheist poster on which are Ernest Hemingway,
18:33 Abraham Lincoln, Carl Sagan, Mark Twain, Thomas Jefferson,
18:36 Benjamin Franklin, Albert Einstein,
18:38 and Charles Darwin, along with the words:
18:40 "Atheism, good enough for these idiots."
18:43 Clearly, atheism is for intellectuals.
18:46 But one moment.
18:48 Abraham Lincoln wasn't an atheist.
18:50 He said, "I know that the Lord
18:52 is always on the side of the right.
18:54 But it's my constant anxiety and prayer that I and this nation
18:57 should be on the Lord's side."
18:59 Neither was Carl Sagan.
19:01 He clearly stated, "I am an agnostic."
19:04 Mark Twain hated religion, but he certainly wasn't an atheist,
19:07 saying, "None of us can be as great as God,
19:10 but any of us can be as good."
19:12 Benjamin Franklin said,
19:13 "God governs in the affairs of men."
19:16 You'll find Thomas Edison listed on Celebrity Atheists,
19:19 on Positive Atheism,
19:21 and other atheist websites, but he wasn't an atheist.
19:24 He said, "There is a great directing head of people
19:27 and things--
19:28 a Supreme Being who looks after the destinies
19:30 of the world."
19:31 Thomas Jefferson said, "Say nothing of my religion.
19:34 It is known to myself and my God alone."
19:38 Albert Einstein rejected the Bible as the Word of God,
19:41 and said that the Creator was unknowable,
19:43 and that God being personal was childlike.
19:47 He lamented, "In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I,
19:50 with my limited human understanding,
19:52 am able to recognize,
19:53 there are yet people who say there is no God.
19:56 But what really makes me angry is that they quote me
19:59 to support such views."
20:00 He categorically said, "I am not an atheist,"
20:04 and when referring to those who deny the Creator,
20:06 he used the term "fanatical atheists."
20:10 Charles Darwin said, "I have never been an atheist."
20:15 So out of the eight famous men on the poster,
20:18 there is only one who was an atheist: Ernest Hemingway.
20:21 According to his biographer, back in 1961, Hemingway, quote,
20:26 "pushed two shells into the twelve-gauge Boss shotgun,
20:30 put the end of the barrel into his mouth,
20:32 pulled the trigger and blew out his brains."
20:35 There's your poster boy when it comes to atheism.
20:39 Keep in mind that even though some of these men
20:41 claim to believe in God,
20:42 it doesn't necessarily mean that they're believers
20:44 in the one true Creator revealed in the Scriptures,
20:47 or that they're genuine Christians.
20:49 However, when atheists use theists or agnostics
20:52 to promote their godless agenda,
20:54 they're being dishonest.
20:55 Then again, coming from those who claim
20:57 that morality is relative to each person,
20:59 convenient dishonesty should not be a surprise.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:53pm On Sep 17, 2014
The God vs Evolution Movie (Transcript) continued....

21:03 (Ray Comfort) Do you believe in moral absolutes?
21:05 No, I do not.
21:06 (Ray Comfort) Is rape wrong?
21:08 Rape is wrong in our culture, yes.
21:10 (Ray Comfort) Is rape always wrong?
21:13 It depends on your beginnings.
21:14 If you say that you have a respect for other human beings,
21:18 then yes, rape is always wrong.
21:20 (Ray Comfort) So there are moral absolutes?
21:21 Is rape absolutely wrong?
21:25 In my opinion, it is.
21:26 (Ray Comfort) So who makes the rules?
21:28 We do.
21:30 (Ray Comfort) So if Hitler made the rules and he had the majority?
21:32 If Hitler made the rules, yes,
21:34 we would be living in a society
21:36 that Hitler would consider moral,
21:38 but which I would not consider moral.
21:40 (Ray Comfort) Did Hitler put into practice survival of the fittest?
21:43 - No. - What was he doing, then?
21:45 He was murdering people.
21:46 (Ray Comfort) But that's survival of the fittest.
21:48 No, that's not survival of the fittest.
21:49 (Ray Comfort) It is, it's the lion eating the antelope.
21:52 No, there's much more to evolution
21:55 than just this kind of crude "kill and be killed" model
21:59 that you have in your head.
22:00 (Ray Comfort) But I have seen a quote from Richard Dawkins saying,
22:04 "Evolution in its rawest is incredibly cruel."
22:06 It is, yes.
22:08 (Ray Comfort) That was Hitler putting evolution into practice.
22:10 That does not mean it was moral.
22:12 (Ray Comfort) It was immoral.
22:13 Nobody's claiming that evolution is a moral process.
22:16 Evolution is a very harsh and cruel process.
22:19 (Ray Comfort) Do you believe in evolution?
22:21 - Yes, I do. - Do you have a dog?
22:22 - Yes. - Love your dog?
22:24 I do love my dog.
22:25 Yes, I do. I love animals.
22:27 (Ray Comfort) Okay, well, your pet dog and your rotten neighbor
22:28 are drowning.
22:29 You can only save one of them.
22:31 Who would you save?
22:32 Hmm, that is a tough one.
22:35 I can only save one?
22:37 (Ray Comfort) Why are you hesitating?
22:39 I think I would save my dog.
22:41 I don't know why I'm really hesitating.
22:43 Because, I don't know,
22:44 I feel like people would see me as a bad person
22:47 if I said the dog.
22:49 I'll save my dog.
22:51 (Ray Comfort) So is your neighbor not worth saving?
22:54 Well, he's not worth saving more than my dog is.
22:56 I'd go with the dog.
22:59 I mean, you would want to save the animal.
23:01 So I would want to save my dog.
23:03 Well, we're animals. I believe we're all equal.
23:05 I don't think humans have like, a higher, like, place.
23:08 (Ray Comfort) So you think dogs are more valuable than human beings?
23:11 Do you believe in evolution?
23:13 Yes, I do.
23:14 (Ray Comfort) So it's just a matter of survival of the fittest.
23:16 Your neighbor's a primate, and you've got a canine,
23:18 and you like the canine more than you like the primate.
23:21 Would that be right?
23:22 Pretty much, yeah.
23:23 I mean, it's survival of the fittest, I mean--
23:25 - Survival of the fittest? - Yeah, pretty much.
23:27 (Ray Comfort) You said you believe in evolution.
23:29 So it's just a matter of survival of the fittest?
23:31 Yeah.
23:32 (Ray Comfort) If he drowns, he drowns, big deal.
23:34 Oh, well yeah, that is true.
23:35 - Are you an atheist? - Yeah.
23:38 (narrator) "Any fetus is less human than an adult pig," Richard Dawkins.
23:43 (Ray Comfort) So you don't think God exists?
23:46 More like I know.
23:48 (Ray Comfort) Are you comfortable talking about spiritual things?
23:51 I don't know much about them,
23:54 because they're not really capable of knowledge.
23:56 Once we're dead, we stop that, we stop actually living.
23:58 (Ray Comfort) How do you know?
23:59 Because it's just what the facts are.
24:01 Like, if you stopped breathing right now,
24:04 you'd be considered dead.
24:06 (Ray Comfort) Jacob, if you were a car and your motor got turned off,
24:08 that would be right, that's inanimate.
24:10 But you're a living, biological human being
24:13 with the life of God in you.
24:14 We are a mechanical being
24:16 because we have different parts that--
24:17 - Is there no life in you? - Yes, there's life in me.
24:19 (Ray Comfort) That's your soul.
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
The concluding part of the God vs Evolution Movie.

24:20 Okay, can you handle some questions?
24:22 They're pretty pointed questions.
24:23- Sure. - Are you a good person?
24:25 (Ray Comfort) Are you going to make it to heaven?
24:27 I would like to think so.
24:28 Do I think I'm a good person? Yeah.
24:30 (Ray Comfort) Are you a good person, morally?
24:32 Yes, I am.
24:33 (Ray Comfort) Do you think you're a good person?
24:36 Yes.
24:37 I like to believe so, yeah.
24:39 (Ray Comfort) How many lies have you told in your whole life?
24:40 I wouldn't be able to count.
24:41 I don't know if I could remember.
24:43 (Ray Comfort) Can you be honest with me?
24:44 Yeah.
24:46 (Ray Comfort) How many lies do you think you've told in your whole life?
24:48 Oh, quite a few.
24:49 - Countless. - Uncountable.
24:51 (Ray Comfort) What would you call me if I told lots of lies?
24:53 Countless lies, you'd call me a liar, wouldn't you?
24:54 Of course.
24:56 (Ray Comfort) What do you call someone who's told thousands of lies?
24:58 - A liar. - So what are you?
25:00 I'm a liar.
25:02 (Ray Comfort) Have you ever stolen something in your whole life,
25:03 even if it's small?
25:05 Yes, I have.
25:06 (Ray Comfort) Have you ever taken something that belonged to someone else?
25:08 - Of course. - Sure.
25:09 Yes, I have.
25:10 (Ray Comfort) That's called theft.
25:12 - So what are you? - A liar and a thief.
25:13 I'm a liar and a thief.
25:15 (Ray Comfort) Have you ever used God's name in vain?
25:17 Oh, every day.
25:18 (Ray Comfort) Have you ever used God's name in vain?
25:20 Oh, all the time.
25:22 (Ray Comfort) Have you ever used God's name in vain?
25:26 bleep] probably so.
25:27 (Ray Comfort) Have you ever used God's name in vain?
25:29 - Yep. - I have indeed.
25:31 (Ray Comfort) That's called blasphemy.
25:32 It's very serious to use God's name as a cuss word.
25:34 I don't believe in blaspheming, since I don't believe in God.
25:37 So if you don't believe in God, how can you blaspheme?
25:40 (Ray Comfort) Well, if I don't believe in certain laws
25:41 and still violate them,
25:42 ignorance of the law is no excuse.
25:44 So we're still guilty, even though we deny a law exists
25:47 or we even don't know about it.
25:48 One to go, and I appreciate your honesty, Jacob.
25:50 Jesus said if you look at a woman and lust for her,
25:52 you commit adultery with her in your heart.
25:54 Have you ever looked at a woman with lust?
25:56 Why, yes, I look at many women with lust in my heart.
25:59 Of course.
26:01 (Ray Comfort) Have you ever looked at a guy with lust?
26:02 - With lust? - Lust.
26:03 - Oh, yeah. - Sure.
26:05 Not recently.
26:06 I have indeed.
26:08 (Ray Comfort) Are you having sex outside of marriage?
26:09 No, not yet.
26:10 (Ray Comfort) Are you looking at pornography?
26:12 Yes.
26:13 (Ray Comfort) You're lusting after women, you see.
26:14 Have you ever looked at a woman with lust?
26:16 Absolutely.
26:17 (Ray Comfort) So Peter, by your own admission, you're a lying thief,
26:19 a blasphemer, and an adulterer at heart,
26:20 and that's only four of the Ten Commandments.
26:22 What I'm saying to you is just not believing in hell
26:24 doesn't make it go away.
26:26 A judge must see that justice is done if he's a good judge,
26:28 and it's the same with God.
26:29 If we die in our sins, God will give us justice.
26:32 The Bible says no thief, no liar, no fornicator,
26:34 no blasphemer, no adulterer will inherit the kingdom of God.
26:37 So Julia, if you died in your sins and God gave you justice
26:40 because He's holy and perfect morally, you'd end up in hell,
26:43 and I'd hate that to happen to you.
26:45 Man, would you sell one of your eyes for $1 million?
26:47 - Probably not, no. - Both for $100 million?
26:49 No, I value seeing too much.
26:51 (Ray Comfort) See how precious your eyes are to you,
26:53 how much more precious is your life, and you're saying,
26:55 "I don't care if I get damned from all that which is good"?
26:57 Of course you care. You've got a will to live.
26:59 Now, let me tell you something you know intuitively.
27:02 You know that creation is proof of the Creator.
27:05 God's given you that light.
27:06 We don't have proof of the Creator.
27:07- Yes, we do. - We don't, actually.
27:09 (Ray Comfort) I have in inside story.
27:10 I have a whistleblower
27:11 and it tells me that you know God exists,
27:15 and the reason you choose evolution
27:16 is because it gets rid of moral accountability.
27:19 It does not get rid of moral accountability.
27:20 (Ray Comfort) It does, it means your primal instincts,
27:22 lust and pornography,
27:23 and fornication, adultery, are all just primal instincts.
27:26 That's all. You're just an animal.
27:27 The Bible demands moral accountability
27:29 and says those things are wrong,
27:30 and that's why it's not acceptable to you.
27:32 That's why you're not seeking after truth.
27:33 Am I wrong?
27:37 Let's see.
27:38 - Am I wrong? - I think you're wrong.
27:41 (Ray Comfort) I say that you know intuitively that creation
27:44 is proof of the Creator.
27:46 God has given you that inner light,
27:48 so when you look at the genius of God's creative hand,
27:50 you know He exists because of creation.
27:52 You are a unique human being, made in the image of God
27:55 with a sense of justice and truth and righteousness.
27:58 God gave you a conscience. It's inherent.
28:00 It's shaped by society, but it's inherent.
28:02 You know right from wrong.
28:04 You've violated His law,
28:05 and I don't want you to end up in hell.
28:07 James, if you put your finger on it, and see if we can,
28:10 your struggle at the moment is because of your love of sin,
28:13 because of the pleasure that sin gives you,
28:14 and you don't want to give it up.
28:16 You're like a man with a money belt filled with gold
28:18 who's just fallen into the ocean.
28:19 I'm saying if you don't get rid of that belt
28:22 that weighs 80 pounds, it's going to take you under.
28:24 Doesn't matter how much pleasure it gives you,
28:26 it's not worth losing your life for.
28:27 Gail, you're not a beast.
28:29 You're a human being, created by God in His image
28:32 with dignity and worth and purpose.
28:34 Do you know what God did for guilty sinners
28:36 so we wouldn't have to go to hell? Any idea?
28:38 - Uh-uh. - No.
28:40 (Ray Comfort) Well, God became a human being 2,000 years ago,
28:43 Jesus of Nazareth,
28:44 and He suffered and died on a cross,
28:45 taking the punishment for the sin of the world.
28:47 You and I violated God's law and Jesus paid our fine.
28:50 That means God can legally dismiss our case
28:53 because of the suffering, death, and resurrection of the Savior.
28:56 God can say, "You're out of here"
28:57 because someone paid your fine.
29:00 And then what God can now do
29:02 is clothe us in the righteousness of Christ,
29:04 so on Judgment Day, you're safe from God's wrath
29:06 and His justice
29:08 because of the death and resurrection of the Savior.
29:09 If you repent and trust in Him,
29:11 God will give you a righteous standing in His eyes.
29:13 He'll wash away your sins in an instant,
29:15 and He'll grant you the gift of everlasting life.
29:17 His last words on the cross were, "It is finished."
29:20 In other words, the debt has been paid.
29:22 He came to take our punishment upon Himself.
29:24 So because our fine was paid by another,
29:27 God can legally dismiss your case.
29:30 It's very hard to believe that someone would be willing
29:35 to pay off the debt that's not His own.
29:39 (Ray Comfort) The Bible says God is love, you know,
29:41 and He's kind and generous and merciful,
29:44 and in His great kindness He became a human being
29:47 and suffered for us.
29:48- Does that make sense? - That makes sense, yeah.
29:50- How old are you? - I'm 22.
29:53 (Ray Comfort) When are you going to die?
29:54 I have no idea.
29:56 (Ray Comfort) Well, God knows exactly the moment of your death,
29:58 and it could be tonight, it could be tomorrow.
29:59 I'm not using scare tactics. This is just straight reality.
30:02 150,000 people every 24 hours die,
30:05 and they were all making plans for next week, no doubt.
30:07 So please think about this.
30:09 Do you have a Bible at home?
30:10 No.
30:12 (Ray Comfort) I'm not talking about a religion
30:13 that says you've got to strive to get to heaven.
30:15 I'm telling you the Bible says heaven is a free gift of God.
30:18 You cannot earn everlasting life.
30:19 Doesn't matter how religious you are, how good you are.
30:22 "God commended His love toward us,
30:24 in that while we were yet sinners,
30:25 Christ died for us,"
30:26 and then He rose from the dead and defeated death.
30:28 This is how the Bible puts it:
30:29 "For by grace are you saved through faith
30:31 and that not of yourselves,
30:33 it's the gift of God, not of works,
30:35 lest any man boast."
30:36 So eternal life is a free gift of God,
30:38 and it comes because of God's mercy,
30:39 not because of anything we do. Make sense?
30:42 Yeah, makes sense.
30:43 (Ray Comfort) Do you have a Bible at home?
30:44 Yes.
30:46 (Ray Comfort) I've been reading the Bible
30:47 every day for more than 40 years.
30:48 There's no mistakes in it, Mike.
30:50 Any mistakes that we think are in it are our mistakes,
30:52 and you can trust God's Word.
30:53 I mean, think of how you trust professors and science books
30:56 that tell you you're a primate?
30:58 You trust and believe that.
30:59 So how much more should you trust a God who cannot lie?
31:01 Let me show you how fallible we are.
31:03 Spell the word "shop."
31:04 - Shop? - Shop.
31:06 S-H-O-P.
31:08 (Ray Comfort) What do you do when you come to a green light?
31:09 - Stop. - Green light.
31:11 Oh.
31:12 (Ray Comfort) See, we're all fallible. We make mistakes.
31:14 So imagine if you're making a mistake
31:15 when you say this whole of creation came together
31:18 because some explosion of nothing
31:21 that produced everything: seasons, the birds,
31:23 the trees, the flowers, the sun, the moon, the stars,
31:26 and the marvels of the human body?
31:27 Are you going to think about this?
31:29 Oh, yeah, no, I think about this quite a lot, believe me.
31:31 My brother, like I said, he's a hardcore Christian.
31:34 He's going to Yale Divinity School right now,
31:35 so he talks to me about this all the time.
31:37 (Ray Comfort) So you've got to think seriously about this.
31:38 Life is full of decisions.
31:40 Soften your heart.
31:41 Don't have so much blind faith in what science tells you
31:44 and it's left you without any knowledge
31:45 of what was in the beginning anyway.
31:46 You haven't got a clue where you come from,
31:48 you don't know what you're doing here on earth,
31:49 and you don't know what happens after you die.
31:51 Peter, could you be wrong about God's existence?
31:55 Yes. And could you be wrong about God's existence?
31:57 (Ray Comfort) No.
31:58 Well then, I think you're rather closed-minded.
32:01 (Ray Comfort) Well, if I said to you,
32:03 "Could you be wrong about your wife's existence?"
32:05 you'd say "No, I know her."
32:06 You'd say, "Don't be ridiculous.
32:08 I know her and love her,"
32:09 and I know the Lord and I love the Lord,
32:10 and He transformed my life 41 years ago,
32:12 instantly, overnight.
32:13 Forgave my sins and gave me new desires
32:15 when I had no desires or thoughts of God
32:17 for the whole 22 years before I was a Christian.
32:19 Mike, thanks for talking to me, I appreciate it.
32:20 Yeah, of course, no problem. Thank you.
32:22 (Ray Comfort) One more thing, because you're a very intelligent man.
32:24 Spell the word "shop."
32:26 Shop?
32:28 Like, S-H-O-P?
32:30 S-H-O-P.
32:32 (Ray Comfort) What do you do when you come to a green light?
32:33 - You stop. - Green light.
32:36 - Hmm? - Green light.
32:37 Oh, ha-ha, very good.
32:40 (Ray Comfort) Peter, you've been a good sport.
32:42 Thank you very much for talking to me.
32:44 I generally don't engage creationists,
32:46 because it's not good for my blood pressure.
32:48 (Ray Comfort) So are you going to think about this?
32:50 Uh-huh.
32:51 I think about it a lot, actually.
32:53 I think about death and how fragile life is,
32:56 and how just in a second it could all be over
32:59 and there'd be nothing.
33:01 (Gail E. Kennedy, PhD) You know, the problem with those
33:04 who are unable to see evolution, I think,
33:07 is they don't have imaginations.
33:10 (narrator) "Anatomical clues to human evolution from fish."
33:14 Human beings are still fish.
33:16 (narrator) "Human ears evolved from ancient fish gills."
33:20 We came out of the ground as a mammal.
33:22 (narrator) "Heavier dinosaur arms led evolution to birds."
33:27 (Ray Comfort) Do you think we're related to pigs?
33:28 Do you think we've got a common ancestor in pigs?
33:30 Yes.
33:31 (narrator) "Proof that fearsome T-Rex evolved into a chicken."
33:35 (Ray Comfort) Do you think you're a primate?
33:36 - Yes, I am. - Are you a talking primate? - I am.
33:39 (Ray Comfort) Are you a cousin of bananas?
33:40 Why, yes.
33:42 (narrator) "When whales walked the land."
33:45 (student) I'm accepting that they did their science correctly.
33:47 I generally trust the scientific community.
33:49 I'm going to trust what those experts did,
33:54 those experts came up with.
33:56 Darwinian evolution rests on faith,
33:59 and once again, according to Richard Dawkins,
34:01 "Faith is the great cop-out,
34:03 the great excuse to evade the need
34:05 to think and evaluate evidence."
34:08 Darwinian evolution requires great faith.
34:11 The knowledge of God, however, is clearly seen by all mankind.
34:15 "For since the creation of the world
34:16 His invisible attributes are clearly seen,
34:19 being understood by the things that are made,
34:21 even His eternal power and Godhead,
34:23 so that they are without excuse,
34:25 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God,
34:29 nor were thankful,
34:30 but became futile in their thoughts,
34:32 and their foolish hearts were darkened.
34:35 Professing to be wise, they became fools."
34:43 Thank you for taking the time to watch
34:44 "Evolution vs. God."
34:46 If you'd like to get more information about our ministry,
34:48 please visit LivingWaters.com.
34:50 Ray Comfort has written a number of books
34:52 on atheism and evolution to help further your study
34:55 on this incredibly important subject.
34:57 At LivingWaters.com you can also learn about
34:59 our online School of Biblical Evangelism;
35:02 our international television program,
35:03 "The Way of the Master";
35:05 our daily webcast, "The Comfort Zone";
35:07 and "Roots," a DVD series with Ray, Kirk Cameron,
35:10 and the Duggar family.
35:11 We're extremely humbled
35:13 to see how God has used our previous productions
35:15 to impact people around the globe
35:17 and to spread the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ.
35:20 We want to get free DVD copies of "Evolution vs. God"
35:23 into the hands of university students across the world.
35:26 To discover how you can help make this happen,
35:29 please check out LivingWaters.com.
35:32 Thank you so much for partnering with us
35:34 to inspire and equip Christians
35:36 in fulfilling the Great Commission.
35:40 ♪♪♪
35:42 (male announcer) The acclaimed Creation Museum,
35:45 an outreach of Answers in Genesis,
35:47 is a one-of-a-kind museum
35:49 filled with animatronic characters, interactive videos,
35:53 a spectacular planetarium, a special-effects theater,
35:56 and many other world-class exhibits.
35:59 Since its opening in 2007, the Creation Museum has welcomed
36:03 over 1.5 million guests at its 49-acre location
36:08 in the greater Cincinnati area.
36:10 The state-of-the-art 70,000-square-foot museum
36:14 brings the pages of the Bible to life,
36:16 helping answer the skeptical questions
36:18 that cause people to doubt that the Bible is true.
36:22 The dramatic finale of the museum is "The Last Adam" film,
36:27 where guests experience the glory of God's redemptive plan
36:31 and hear a clear and powerful presentation
36:33 of the gospel message.
36:35 Since the museum's opening, we have heard countless testimonies
36:38 from adults and young people whose lives have been changed
36:42 through a museum visit.
36:44 Now discover how it might change your own life for Christ.
36:48 Plan your visit at creationmuseum.org
36:51 and prepare to believe.
36:55♪♪♪
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:20am On Jul 24, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

This is why many students that go to higher institutions turn out to be blind, deaf and dumb.

Public school education. undecided
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
Sweetnecta:

Show me the original, Mr. Ola  ade gbu.

Or there is no original, but most ancient manuscripts in another man's tongue, aka el greco, etc?

Can you read Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek?
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:21pm On Apr 05, 2016
Eternal unchanging truth wins everytime. smiley

1 Share

Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:55pm On Aug 01, 2016
The Invisible Law: See how real scientists discovered the origin of the universe. This is a mouth stopper for the atheist evolutionists.

The Invisible Law
July 25, 2016

"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead" (Romans 1:20)

Are you aware that all science rests on an invisible law of science? The most certain and universal of all scientific principles is that of causality, or the law of cause and effect. The implications of this principle have been fought over vigorously in theological and philosophical disciplines, but there is no question of its universal acceptance in the world of experimental science, as well as in ordinary experience.

Every event can be traced to one or more events that preceded it and, in fact, caused it. A scientific experiment specifically tries to relate effects to causes in the form of quantitative equations, if possible. Thus, if a scientist repeats the same experiment with exactly the same elements, then exactly the same results should be produced.

The very basis of the highly reputed scientific method is this very law of causality. Effects are in and like their causes, and like causes produce like effects. That is, everything that happens contains the "stuff" that made it happen.

Nothing can come from nothing—everything has a cause. Everything we can observe—up and out to the seemingly infinite reaches of our universe or down and into the miniscule pieces of the world of the nature of matter—is exceedingly complex and fascinatingly related to everything else.

Rather than looking for a "god particle" that is the source of everything, why not trust what the Creator has said: "In the beginning was the Word. . . . All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made" (John 1:1, 3). HMM III

Adapted from Unlocking the Mysteries of Genesis by Dr. Henry Morris III.

For more . . . .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:22pm On Aug 03, 2016
Creating Life: The Bible answers the question evolutionists are unable to answer - What is the origin of life?

Creating Life
July 26, 2016

"And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven" (Genesis 1:20)

The two most fundamental laws of science state that matter can neither be created nor destroyed and that all processes tend to lose order, wear out, and eventually stop functioning. This is particularly significant when considering the origin of life.

Creation is an act of omnipotence and omniscience. Creation requires the bringing into existence of something that did not exist before. Creation even requires a unique word to define it! God had created (something from nothing) on Day One. God had then used the material of Day One to make everything else, including the stars, the sun, and the moon.

On Day Five, God created life. First were the water creatures and then the air creatures—"abundantly" throughout the planet. These living things were created, not made. On Day Six, He continued creating the "cattle," "beasts of the earth," and "creeping things" that would live on the dry land. They were very different from the air and water creatures, but they shared the created life that set them apart from the food that had the ability to reproduce "after its kind."

After a close friend of the Lord Jesus had sickened and died, Jesus went to visit with the remaining sisters. As they were all grieving at the untimely loss, Christ revealed a core attribute of His deity: "Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life" (John 11:25). Herein lies the source of "livingness"! Furthermore, Jesus promised, "He that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die" (John 11:25-26). Do you believe this? HMM III

For more . . . .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 03, 2016
Just going to leave this here undecided
Biblical cure for leprosy as dictated by Yahweh:
4 the priest shall order that two live clean birds and some cedar wood, scarlet yarn and hyssop be brought for the person to be cleansed. 5 Then the priest shall order that one of the birds be killed over fresh water in a clay pot. 6 He is then to take the live bird and dip it, together with the cedar wood, the scarlet yarn and the hyssop, into the blood of the bird that was killed over the fresh water. 7 Seven times he shall sprinkle the one to be cleansed of the defiling disease, and then pronounce them clean. After that, he is to release the live bird in the open fields.
Number of people verifiably cured: 0
Scientific cure for leprosy:
MDT (multi-drug therapy)
number of people verifiably cured: millions
After reading this reread the topic of this thread.
Then make this face: undecided
Then make this face: grin grin grin
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:01pm On Aug 03, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Just going to leave this here undecided

Am sure you're not expecting a response but surprise, surprise! Here we go now. cheesy

AnonyNymous:

Biblical cure for leprosy as dictated by Yahweh:

4 the priest shall order that two live clean birds and some cedar wood, scarlet yarn and hyssop be brought for the person to be cleansed. 5 Then the priest shall order that one of the birds be killed over fresh water in a clay pot. 6 He is then to take the live bird and dip it, together with the cedar wood, the scarlet yarn and the hyssop, into the blood of the bird that was killed over the fresh water. 7 Seven times he shall sprinkle the one to be cleansed of the defiling disease, and then pronounce them clean. After that, he is to release the live bird in the open fields.
Number of people verifiably cured: 0

If you are looking for those who are biblically cured of their leprosy check these verses out: Luke 17:11-19; Luke 5:12-14; Matthew 8:2-4

AnonyNymous:

Scientific cure for leprosy:
MDT (multi-drug therapy)
number of people verifiably cured: millions

Even though there is no record in the Bible of any leper cured by medical means but you should remember that God is the One who cures the medical profession only cares. That is why the Scriptures gave detailed descriptions of what a leper must do when they get cured. When Jesus miraculously cured 10 lepers you should not that they were sent to the priest to follow the prescribed ceremony of cleansing.

If biblical principles where not applied during the Ebola epidemic outbreak do you think the epidemic plague would have stopped? Thousands, and millions of lives have been saved long before the modern man understood the principles of quarantine. The book of Leviticus elaborates on the importance of isolating those who had a contagious disease such as leprosy and many more plagues that is yet to be unleashed on mankind. It also shows the importance of disinfecting their houses. The practice of quarantining people was medically necessary for the continual survival if Israel was to survive as a nation (See Leviticus chapters 13 and 14).

AnonyNymous:

After reading this reread the topic of this thread.
Then make this face: undecided
Then make this face: grin grin grin

After reading my rebuttals I expect you to swallow your pride and see that the detailed description of what a leper must do if he is to be cured shows a similar parallel to the spiritual cleansing of a sinner. Leprosy is a type of sin in the spiritual sense. smiley
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 03, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Am sure you're not expecting a response but surprise, surprise! Here we go now. cheesy

If you are looking for those who are biblically cured of their leprosy check these verses out: Luke 17:11-19; Luke 5:12-14; Matthew 8:2-4

Even though there is no record in the Bible of any leper cured by medical means but you should remember that God is the One who cures the medical profession only cares. That is why the Scriptures gave detailed descriptions of what a leper must do when they get cured. When Jesus miraculously cured 10 lepers you should not that they were sent to the priest to follow the prescribed ceremony of cleansing.

If biblical principles where not applied during the Ebola epidemic outbreak do you think the epidemic plague would have stopped? Thousands, and millions of lives have been saved long before the modern man understood the principles of quarantine. The book of Leviticus elaborates on the importance of isolating those who had a contagious disease such as leprosy and many more plagues that is yet to be unleashed on mankind. It also shows the importance of disinfecting their houses. The practice of quarantining people was medically necessary for the continual survival if Israel was to survive as a nation (See Leviticus chapters 13 and 14).

After reading my rebuttals I expect you to swallow your pride and see that the detailed description of what a leper must do if he is to be cured shows a similar parallel to the spiritual cleansing of a sinner. Leprosy is a type of sin in the spiritual sense. smiley
Show me ONE verifiable real life story where they used the biblical score I mentioned to cure anybody of leprosy. I mean the one with the birds and stuff, as directed by your almighty jehovah. Just ONE instance in real life.
Also, the bible did not teach quarantine. Anybody with common sense will automatically know thats what to do, quarantine is just a fancy name for it. When you have one spoilt piece of meat in your soup you remove it so it will not destroy the rest of the soup. The bible did not teach me that. That is common sense. If the bible had to teach you that then you don't have common sense.
All these Christian 'rebuttals' self. . . somebody will just be wondering how they reason grin grin They will say nonsense and be happy with themselves.
**one more thing: Leprosy is caused by a slow-growing type of bacteria called Mycobacterium leprae (M. leprae). Leprosy is also known as Hansen's disease, after the scientist who discovered M. leprae in 1873.
According to you, in your bible, leprosy is a type of sin grin grin Until Hansen came and discovered the real cause to just be bacteria
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:12pm On Aug 03, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Show me ONE verifiable real life story where they used the biblical score I mentioned to cure anybody of leprosy. I mean the one with the birds and stuff, as directed by your almighty jehovah. Just ONE instance in real life.

You should learn to read the scripture you are quoting before you begin to criticise. What does the scripture say?

"This shall be the law of the leper in the day of his cleansing: He shall be brought unto the priest" (Leviticus 14:2).

This ceremony was to be carried only after the leper is cured of his leprosy. It was not a means of curing/healing. After our Lord Jesus miraculously cured the 10 lepers He sent them to the priest who will in turn the aforementioned ceremony of cleansing before they could be joined with the rest of the community. It is not rocket science to understand this simple explanation.

AnonyNymous:

Also, the bible did not teach quarantine. Anybody with common sense will automatically know thats what to do, quarantine is just a fancy name for it. When you have one spoilt piece of meat in your soup you remove it so it will not destroy the rest of the soup. The bible did not teach me that. That is common sense. If the bible had to teach you that then you don't have common sense.

If it was just common sense why did epidemics such as the Black Plague claim the lives of millions? How many thousands did Ebola kill in Africa? The Bible might not have given it the name quarantine but its principles are written there for everyone to see. The Bible spoke of the importance of isolating those who had contagious diseases and disinfecting their houses long before we understood the principles of quarantine.

AnonyNymous:

All these Christian 'rebuttals' self. . . somebody will just be wondering how they reason grin grin They will say nonsense and be happy with themselves.

What Christians say to you may be foolishness but to us it is the wisdom of God. The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. cool

AnonyNymous:

**one more thing: Leprosy is caused by a slow-growing type of bacteria called Mycobacterium leprae (M. leprae). Leprosy is also known as Hansen's disease, after the scientist who discovered M. leprae in 1873.

So you think Hansen discovered leprosy? What you don't know is that the Hebrew term for leprosy (tsaraath) covers a wider range than just the modern term Hansen's disease (leprosy). It actually included cases where other spreading, disfiguring and contagious diseases. It also covers any type of fungus or mold that would afflict a fabric in similar ways (See Leviticus 14:33-57).

AnonyNymous:

According to you, in your bible, leprosy is a type of sin grin grin Until Hansen came and discovered the real cause to just be bacteria

Leprosy was not only a type of sin, it was at different times used when God brought divine judgment on some rebellious folks. Such as Miriam, Uzziah and Elisha's servant to mention a few and this was long before Hansen "discovered it". I hope you are not of the rebellious type because there are more epidemics to plague the earth in these last days (Read Luke 21:11). cool
Re: Science Confirms The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:30am On Aug 04, 2016
The Fossils' Tale: How did we come about the billions of fossils we deposited all over the world today?

The Fossils' Tale
August 2, 2016

"Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished" (2 Peter 3:6)

Billions of dead creatures are entombed in cubic miles of water-deposited rock layers. The story they tell is hotly debated in our educational institutions. But one thing is very clear—sometime in our planet's past "all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man: All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died" (Genesis 7:21-22).

If life sprang into being from non-life, and if that life, once generated, changed over time into more and more complex systems, then those events must have happened outside of our current environment. Since we do not find evidence of such large biological changes happening in the present, we must look to find it among the fossils preserved for us in the planet's sedimentary deposits.

At first glance, all would agree that these enormous deposits speak of a vast water catastrophe that inundated the entire planet. The Bible tells us that such a planet-covering water catastrophe did take place (Genesis 7:11-12, 19).

Those who refuse to accept the biblical record must deny that such a flood ever took place. They must also attempt to tell a story (without God in the story) of processes and conditions that could produce the worldwide deposits of sedimentary rock and the billions of fossils they contain. Job understood that we should "speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee. Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the LORD hath wrought this?" (Job 12:8-9). HMM III

For more . . . .

Real science disproves evolution. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Who Was The Owner Of The Rooster That Crowed When Peter Denied Jesus? / ‘LOL’ Really Mean ‘lucifer Our Lord’? / When To Be Silent In 20 Situations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 335
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.