Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? (66411 Views)

What Country Can I Migrate To With 7 Million Naira / Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? / Please Help, Where Can I Start My Education Afresh With 14M Naira Savings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by MufasaLion: 2:47pm On Feb 15, 2021
jansonn:

Listen to this guy

I hope he does.
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by pointednose: 2:48pm On Feb 15, 2021
If you want to study Physiotherapy. You will READ!!!

No matter the course you want to do in a university, you will have to read.

Don't know about technical colleges though
Oluwa18:

It’s not necessarily going to be IT related. Like I said, it may be physiotherapy or something else. Looking fir a course more practical than theory. I no fit read too much book, that’s why I dropped off school back then. I have a wide range of options and also I sponsors.
I just happened to have 7M naira on my own but I also have the support of my family.
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by abnot: 2:51pm On Feb 15, 2021
babakb:

Forget UK and pursue Canada, you can easily secure a job and process permanent residency in Canada after graduation than any other country in the world... and eventually become a citizen.

Besides Canada passport holders have Visa free access to the UK, US and the entire European union...
A 36 year old will need about one year to gain admission and another 4 years to complete his studies . citizenship and passport is not the major problem of a 41 year old. It’s more of less what people in there 20s or early 30s talk about .
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by incogni2o: 2:51pm On Feb 15, 2021
Oluwa18:

It’s not necessarily going to be IT related. Like I said, it may be physiotherapy or something else. Looking fir a course more practical than theory. I no fit read too much book, that’s why I dropped off school back then. I have a wide range of options and also I sponsors.
I just happened to have 7M naira on my own but I also have the support of my family.

Look at it this way.

You apply with the money
Get the admission with the money
Apply for visa with the same money
Pay for visa with the same money
Buy travel ticket
Pay tuition fee
Pay for accomodation
Fend for yourself

At the end of it all, you are sent back to this sh*th*le.

That money is starting to grow wings.

Big wings Bro
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by MufasaLion: 2:52pm On Feb 15, 2021
uuzba:

Funny thing, I lived there far back 2005... Minding my business doing good boy.
As time went on, I met other Nigerians.
Fear begin catch me when I asked them what they were before back home in Nigeria and what they are "now" in UK.
One madam was a manager in Zenith bank in Nigeria
In UK, she dey answer phone call for call centre dey find better job.
One guy was a manager in some bank in naija .
For UK, he dey do low skill labour, dey follow Gregg's to bake bread. They couldn't understand his thick Igbo accent. So they just used to do sign language for him. Ol boy, suffer there. Na the day he wan pack sell all him plate and carton, come back Naija, na that day i meet am.
Nigerian professor vex comot Naija. He reach there, them no look am with 2 eyes.
Na church deacon work him find. Professor certificate inside dustbin.
UK no easy O. Don't be deceived.
Nobody I met there was doing well. All Nigerians were just hiding and doing runs. Suffering from January to December.
As i no see work, na im pack return.

You can't judge based on only the people you've met. But I still doubt that professor you talked about.

4 Likes

Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by Gabbriell: 2:52pm On Feb 15, 2021
Oluwa18:
A little back story.
I am a 36 YO guy with no university certificate, was too wayward to finish school in FUTO then, left school in my 2nd year for a 4 year course.

Tried my hands on business years later and currently have 7M naira saved.
Now, I want to go for degree and eventually start a family .
I am considering seeking admission in a UK or Canadian school. Luckily, I have sponsors .

For a guy of my age , looking to study IT related course or physiotherapy and eventually seeking residency, would you recommend UK or Canada?
Please I need supported answers.

Thank you all.

Look, I don't think I have ever insulted anyone on Niaraland B4.
You are being foolish. Your foolishness might probably have something to do with lack of education.
7million naira can set u up here in 9ja 4life....u will not be reliant on government. But in abroad expecially those places u mentioned 7million naira is just around 23 thousand CAD. It's even worse in UK your almighty 7million will turn to 13k.

Better use the money to develope yourself here so that when your business grows..u can expand to abroad. Abroad no dey run...u can always visit them whenever you want.

Well it's your Panadol to swallow...the ball is in your court.

4 Likes

Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by Olayetan(m): 2:52pm On Feb 15, 2021
My brother
Go and open mini Mart in a rural area that is just getting developed and manage it yourself.

You can secure a very big shop in a very secure place for 1m and furnish it to be very attractive with half or close to a million and put all kinds of goods supermarket sells and begin your sales from there.

Just try connect with distributors to deliver the good at your store while you don't stress yourself to go buy them

I'm not against you traveling for more knowledge but by the time you start the process and start spending money, couple with the fact that you have no idea of the process and people who will pose to help you are there to defraud you, then you'd realize the 7m will be gone without achieving that aim.
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by Ferdyn: 2:53pm On Feb 15, 2021
Bmuhd4smile:

Smaller country like?
try Poland. Affordable, peaceful, easy visa, Eu developed country, jobs, fairly English speaking, no racism.

1 Like

Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by Kay100: 2:53pm On Feb 15, 2021
mich2012:

Are you sure about this?

No mind that one jare...e dey talk rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by cooooooks(m): 2:54pm On Feb 15, 2021
My advice is:

Take a healthcare related course in Canada, preferably the smaller provinces or smaller regions.

You don't have to study nursing or personal care even though those probably have the best ROI.

E.g: Personal Care course can cost ~ 7,000 CAD or 2 million. So after 8 - 12 months you get work permit. Given the demand for that position and the programs available, you can qualify for PR within your 12 months work visa. So in the end, your total costs will be roughly 4 million (including visa processing, flight, loving expenses) naira. You start working after 8 months, earning the cost within 4 months, apply PR after 12 to 18 months, get it after 24 months.

You can go into non-care health related courses. It is never too late. I knew a guy who was 50 who did a 1 year IT course.

Good luck.

Oluwa18:
A little back story.
I am a 36 YO guy with no university certificate, was too wayward to finish school in FUTO then, left school in my 2nd year for a 4 year course.

I am considering seeking admission in a UK or Canadian school. Luckily, I have sponsors .

For a guy of my age , looking to study IT related course or physiotherapy and eventually seeking residency, would you recommend UK or Canada?

Thank you all.
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by Bmuhd4smile: 2:56pm On Feb 15, 2021
Ferdyn:
try Poland. Affordable, peaceful, easy visa, Eu developed country, jobs, fairly English speaking, no racism.

Am in full time....thanks alot
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by forex24(m): 2:56pm On Feb 15, 2021
Bmuhd4smile:

To process Canada....how do I go about the IELTS exam

To process your visa and the exam is easy. Here in benin city and the agent I trust with 2million you are covered to Canada.

1 Like

Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by Kay100: 2:57pm On Feb 15, 2021
incogni2o:

Look at it this way.

You apply with the money
Get the admission with the money
Apply for visa with the same money
Pay for visa with the same money
Buy travel ticket
Pay tuition fee
Pay for accomodation
Fend for yourself

At the end of it all, you are sent back to this sh*th*le.

That money is starting to grow wings.

Big wings Bro

Una no dey read ni...e talk say e get sponsor undecided
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by MufasaLion: 2:57pm On Feb 15, 2021
Gabbriell:

You are being foolish. Your foolishness might probably have something to do with lack of education.
7million naira can set u up here in 9ja 4life....u will not be reliant on government. But in abroad expecially those places u mentioned 7million naira is just around 23 thousand CAD. It's even worse in UK your almighty 7million will turn to 13k.

Better use the money to develope yourself here so that when your business grows..u can expand to abroad. Abroad no dey run...u can always visit them whenever you want.

Can't you just give advise in a polite way?. Sad!

3 Likes

Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by RedChiefPriest: 2:58pm On Feb 15, 2021
osusuallstars:

If at your age ,you don't have your own 100,000 you are a dunce.
Na everybody kuku be millionaire on nairaland
grin
How far you wey don make millions at your age
Give me 100k nau
Shebi you be dangote's junior brother
Clowns plenty on this forum grin grin

4 Likes

Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by Gabbriell: 2:58pm On Feb 15, 2021
MufasaLion:

Can't you just give advise in a polite way?. Sad!

My advice is not for you
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by RedChiefPriest: 3:00pm On Feb 15, 2021
seanwilliam:
I have 100k to invest .. teach me grin
wink wink wink
I'm not a teacher bro
The candles are hard
But can give you contact if you want to learn though
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by jjmk(m): 3:00pm On Feb 15, 2021
Oluwa18:

You have taken the best decision. Go to Canada, it has more advantages. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by Kay100: 3:02pm On Feb 15, 2021
Gabbriell:

Baba nawa for you ooo...u can advice him without insulting him nah.....some people sef cry
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by biggy26: 3:03pm On Feb 15, 2021
Oluwa18:
A little back story.

Thank you all.
Canada or Ireland, especially for residency. England, naaah.

1 Like

Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by MufasaLion: 3:03pm On Feb 15, 2021
Gabbriell:

My advice is not for you

Work on your mannerism. Bye!

1 Like

Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by MufasaLion: 3:04pm On Feb 15, 2021
Kay100:

Baba nawa for you ooo...u can advice him without insulting him nah.....some people sef cry

He's a bitter person.
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by Gabbriell: 3:07pm On Feb 15, 2021
MufasaLion:

Work on your mannerism. Bye!

It's a waste of time replying your kind. People like you lead others astray. Have a nice life.
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by lanchy: 3:08pm On Feb 15, 2021
Choose Canada where you are sure of a job on graduation. UK is on it's way out as a leading economy, Brexit has wrecked the economy and the government/people are openly racist these days.

1 Like

Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by anointedlinks: 3:08pm On Feb 15, 2021
Here's an option to answer your question:

https://prodigyfinance.com/student-loans/
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by MufasaLion: 3:13pm On Feb 15, 2021
Gabbriell:

It's a waste of time replying your kind. People like you lead others astray. Have a nice life.

Read my post again and point out where I lead him astray. You're just bitter. Work on yourself Gabu!

1 Like

Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by MufasaLion: 3:15pm On Feb 15, 2021
MartinsD12:

So you want to waste 7 million on education, honest opinion I guess you are not married yet, 36 years you want to go and start studying abroad, if know that business you are doing keep doing it, get Married first, time is not really on your side though but you said you have sponsors ok, get a degree but don't waste that 7mil on that put some on business

Point of correction. I haven't seen a scenario where money was ever wasted on education. Education/Knowledge is golden irrespective of the age you acquire it.
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by remi1444: 3:21pm On Feb 15, 2021
900warriorz:
Hmmmm...my brother, at the end of the day, it is all about making money and giving yourself the kind of life no one can ever give you. If na business you dey do and it is bringing you solid money, continue your business and enroll in a private university here.

E go shock you say your sponsors will leave you halfway when they see the bills...plus, I wont advise you to spend your hard earned money trying to get a degree you'd still be using to job hunt at 36.

Or better still, give me the money make I help you invest am grin
Reality talk!!
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by Gabbriell: 3:21pm On Feb 15, 2021
Kay100:

It is very annoying if you have had someone in thesame shoe. Even if it is my relative I will insult him. Even the Bible uses the word foolish to address certain people. Most Nigerians will have 10million naira and will start running abroad thinking everything is bread and butter there.

I have had a friend of mine..a very good friend deported due to this very same issue. In Germany, I have come across same issue a few time. You will see them critically begging for assistance like their life depended on it. It is very very annoying.

The family of that my friend back then in Nigeria had to sell their land and family properties just for nothing.
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by PotatoSalad(m): 3:22pm On Feb 15, 2021
hakeem4:
no! Nigeria isn’t safe.

But the west isn’t for financial freedom.

It’s easier to make money here than there
Leave Nigeria if you want to have peace of mind. No use making more money here and live in constant fear. People see you have small change, they'll start planned evil against you.
Financial freedom aside, people are leaving Nigeria cos 90% of their prayers request dey available there

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by benqo01(m): 3:22pm On Feb 15, 2021
I will advise you choose FINLAND over US and Canada....the reason is, job opportunity in finland is very high and going as an undergraduate is a boost also.Yes my first country of call will be Finland because of its advantages as a student.

1 Like

Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by mich2012: 3:29pm On Feb 15, 2021
Kay100:

No mind that one jare...e dey talk rubbish

I weak when I see am. The way people give out incorrect information authoritatively is alarming.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Night View Of The Water Fountain At Abule Egba Jubilee Bridge(pics) / Couple Fall To Their Death While Taking A Seaside Selfie In Portugal (Photos) / Photos Of 8 Edo Indigenes Who Died In Fatal Accident On Return From Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.